BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,715
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 91 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems as if all the "top" attackmen for 2024 are all 12 years old and should be in 6th grade! I wonder how great they'd be playing in 2023?!?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We all know that MadLax has the best 2024 Attack so take that back to L.I.

He probably would love to come to LI and get out of that hole you people live in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems as if all the "top" attackmen for 2024 are all 12 years old and should be in 6th grade! I wonder how great they'd be playing in 2023?!?

Its not changing. If it really bothers you so much, hold your kid back. Its the norm down South.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is exactly the problem with lacrosse. The rules are backwards. My son (4th grade with a Sept 2007 birthday) is playing 2024 this season. He had a decent fall, struggled a little, but I know he will be better for it. His game will get a lot better, a lot quicker, playing against older, physically advanced competition.

As a parent, why would you want your son playing against younger competition? Is he really being challenged and improving?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is exactly the problem with lacrosse. The rules are backwards. My son (4th grade with a Sept 2007 birthday) is playing 2024 this season. He had a decent fall, struggled a little, but I know he will be better for it. His game will get a lot better, a lot quicker, playing against older, physically advanced competition.

Agree a 100%

As a parent, why would you want your son playing against younger competition? Is he really being challenged and improving?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly - in any other sport, CHOOSING to have your child play up is the gold standard for really gifted athletes. Having kids play down in lacrosse #1 is taking away the choice aspect from EVERYONE else, and #2 also non-indicative of any talent at all. I've posted before on these boards: my 2021 son played down once in an A 2022 game and looked like Paul Rabil in that game - on age, he is mid-level middie on his B level travel team! While exciting to watch in the moment, I wasn't really impressed as it is sort of what you would (should?!) expect under those circumstances.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly - in any other sport, CHOOSING to have your child play up is the gold standard for really gifted athletes. Having kids play down in lacrosse #1 is taking away the choice aspect from EVERYONE else, and #2 also non-indicative of any talent at all. I've posted before on these boards: my 2021 son played down once in an A 2022 game and looked like Paul Rabil in that game - on age, he is mid-level middie on his B level travel team! While exciting to watch in the moment, I wasn't really impressed as it is sort of what you would (should?!) expect under those circumstances.

I would like to say I am in agreement that all kids should play at there AGE! not at a grade there parents put them in.But your son is a young 2025 why are you making him even play with the 2024's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come this is only a problem with lacrosse but not basketball, hockey or football where it is far more prevalent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did anyone see the size of the lefty attackman on BBL? Please..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would like to say I am in agreement that all kids should play at there AGE! not at a grade there parents put them in.But your son is a young 2025 why are you making him even play with the 2024's?

#1 - I am not making him do anything, he asked and I said sure
#2 - Not that I need to justify to you, but his coach made the recommendation to play with 2024s. This club doesn't have a 2025 team and while my boy is a young 2025, he is big and quick.

And he is holding his own with 2024 kids. He isn't the best one out there, but not the weakest on the team either. And, most importantly, he is having fun meeting different kids and making new friends. Isn't that what it is all about?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most other sports have gone to age-based team governance. Hockey and soccer have probably done it the best, and as i understand it, both were very bad prior, much what we are observing with respect to lacrosse right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come this is only a problem with lacrosse but not basketball, hockey or football where it is far more prevalent?

There are strict enforced age requirements that come along with governing hockey and football. Like lacrosse they are both contact sports. Basketball is age based but obviously not strictly enforced.( no contact)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I left out football in my post because, to my knowledge, age has never been an issue for this sport for obvious reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No there is not a strict governance on football. You can play up until the age of 19 in NYS. Do you know how many "holdbacks" there are in football in basketball? Inner city kids are left back multiple times. There are 18 year old sophs on some football teams. No one has EVER answered this question when posed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they meant below HS age . . . the youth football leagues are very strict, and their insurance companies make sure of it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This poor guy from Maryland thought he would input his 2 cents and BOOM, clubbed like a baby seal. Welcome to NY!!!!! lol

Actually I was trolling. Just like pissing all the LI people off because you are [lacrosse] selfish phucks - just listen to yourselves... you know you are the opposite of healthy parent and still don't give a phuck.... Horrible place to raise kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they meant below HS age . . . the youth football leagues are very strict, and their insurance companies make sure of it!

Exactly! we are on a 5th grade thread.HS is different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This poor guy from Maryland thought he would input his 2 cents and BOOM, clubbed like a baby seal. Welcome to NY!!!!! lol

Actually I was trolling. Just like pissing all the LI people off because you are [lacrosse] selfish phucks - just listen to yourselves... you know you are the opposite of healthy parent and still don't give a phuck.... Horrible place to raise kids

So you just troll 10 year old Lacrosse forums for fun? Sounds like you need to get a hobby.The more you keep typing the more you make yourself sound like a complete and total loser. Good job...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like a real winner. "Trolling" lax web sites for fun? Just that word alone makes you as bad or worse then the very parents you condemn so self-righteously, but you probably don't even understand that point...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This spring who will be the best town teams? And why do some town teams feel the need to recruit outside that town?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams recruit kids from other towns. I never heard of that. Do you have specifics or are you just trying to start a false argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This spring who will be the best town teams? And why do some town teams feel the need to recruit outside that town?

There is not formality to "town teams" - on LI, basically it is either PAL or travel club lacrosse. That some towns choose to assemble a travel club that is predominantly comprised of kids from their town/PAL/school team is just a choice. But, like with any travel team, you need to have sufficient numbers, and maybe some go outside their town for that reason, or they do so to bring in a kid that is associated with someone else on the team, or they are just doing what most travel teams do: make their team more competitive via a more skilled player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams recruit kids from other towns. I never heard of that. Do you have specifics or are you just trying to start a false argument.

SYAG is actively recruiting kids at many age groups. You would think that in such a large are they could find enough kids to coach into good lacrosse players. Unfortunately, the coaches just want to win without putting in the work to make the kids better. Useless chumps. All of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is not formality to "town teams" - on LI, basically it is either PAL or travel club lacrosse. That some towns choose to assemble a travel club that is predominantly comprised of kids from their town/PAL/school team is just a choice. But, like with any travel team, you need to have sufficient numbers, and maybe some go outside their town for that reason, or they do so to bring in a kid that is associated with someone else on the team, or they are just doing what most travel teams do: make their team more competitive via a more skilled player.

Sooooooo, not a town team then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where i live, we have a "town team". We have at least 2 teams for each age group that plays PAL, but then hold tryouts among those kids to create a tournament team that plays throughout the spring/summer, even fall tournaments. There is no recruitment outside, and in order to be on the "town team" you have to register and play the PAL season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City PAL is a town program and does not have kids from outside Garden City participate in PAL.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Garden City PAL is a town program and does not have kids from outside Garden City participate in PAL.

Do they stay together and play in tournaments outside of the PAL Season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC PAL=simply the best on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC has a special tryout team. pretty hush, hush and pre picked...talk about politics!!! called GC 34. run by the h.s. coaches ...so good luck if you have any intention of going catholic school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I noticed last yr. Commack had some boys from other TOWNS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But all PAL teams are town teams, and therefore none have kids from outside the community. That is as much due to PAL rules as anything else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City is a bunch of stuck up think your better than everyone else town. Guess what? Your town sucks!! You're not on the water, you're next to Hempseed and Takes an hour to get anywhere. Your house is your wife is ugly and you're kids will grow up not talking to you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was just kidding about trolling I am really from Baltimore *sigh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they didn't. Every kid is from the town. They just have some really good players for a town team. Stop with you BS and go have a catch with your son. Tool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can have players from other surrounding towns in PAL as long as both PAL org's agree on it. The town where the boy lives needs to sign a document releasing them. If the kid is any good 99% of the time it doesn't happen but it can and does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they didn't. Every kid is from the town. They just have some really good players for a town team. Stop with you BS and go have a catch with your son. Tool
They bring their friends at times, depending on tourney

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They bring their friends at times, depending on tourney

They bring in 2 boys from the grade below them to tournaments. They don't need any outside help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can have players from other surrounding towns in PAL as long as both PAL org's agree on it. The town where the boy lives needs to sign a document releasing them. If the kid is any good 99% of the time it doesn't happen but it can and does.

Exactly and why I didn't mention this exception.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Does every town have a PAL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24

Does every town have a PAL?

if not, then PAL allows them to participate in a neighboring town's program, but it has to be a neighboring program.

Page 31 of 91 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard