BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 269 of 327 1 2 267 268 269 270 271 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Rosters are out, not enough movement

The 2023 team made minimal changes after a disastrous season last summer. Looks like it's going to be another horrible year led by the daddy coach.

One of the girls that moved down was one of the biggest, strongest players, big mistake losing her due to a poor tryout! one of the girls who moved up was very mediocre last year on B. Will be the same team essentially, which means get ready to be smoked by the MD teams once again

The YJ A team will be in for another disappointing summer.

Wait till that girl who moved down gets coached up properly. Will be fun to watch A get dismantled in MD and then by B again. LACROSSE can't be played by yourself it is a passing game and until they decide to coach , the result will be the same. Then everyone in that age group will run for the hills.

Even with the bad A team coaching they won't have a close game with the B team.

Says you 2 years in a row

What's wrong with having to close teams? I think it's a testament to the program and the quality of girls on both teams. Why the need to bash each other?

Would that be TWO close teams that you're referencing?
The YJ 2023 B team will be just fine. Yes, they lost some players to the A team, but the B team will continue to learn an play as a team. That will continue to be the reason for their success.

Success, what success? The YJ 23 B team takes a step back this year after losing quality players. The A team continues the friends and family plan with sub-par coaching a recipe for another lost summer

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2021 YJ team will be much more successful this summer. The reason why is the new head coach. Last summer the team was coached by a fill in daddy who had little to no idea what he is doing and was a complete friends and family guy. The new head coach will not care where you are from, how much butt you kiss etc she only cares about winning.Past history dictates this team will have a complete turn around with the new coach.

Not a YJ parent, but I must agree with this statement. Quality consistent coaching is the key. Love her or hate her, she can coach a lacrosse team. Especially when you are getting girls who have speed and good sticks. I don't think anyone can deny that the girls on that team have the raw skill, increasing IQ and getting kids in the right spots are what a good coach can do.

Over at TG, BS hs stepped in to a more active role in team coaching not just game coaching. The parents of this age are starting to wake up and demand better coaching after being ignored.

People who know lacrosse and know BS, also know that BS does not know lacrosse. He is not a good lacrosse coach. He is the father of a once great player, that's about it. He also knew when to strike to take advantage of that. If you are relying on him to coach up and develope your daughter, you will eventually come to agree with me. He would be best sticking to his role as club director.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, the ONE tourney MD teams won't participate in just happens to be the ONE tournament that requires age based teams and VERIFICATION. You're right, that's just a coincidence. Especially considering the MD teams used to participate in it, but they were getting smoked. So let's blame it on (list any MD excuse above). Nothing to see here......nailed it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]

The YJ parents on this board are a bunch of clowns citing a hold back issue. MD girls club teams adhere by the 10/1 cutoff date imposed by US Lacrosse, there are no hold backs. Now MD boys club teams are a different story.

If you MD folks don't like what the "YJ parents" are saying, why doesn't your team come to the US Lacrosse Nationals this summer and shut them up? Fact is, it is the National Championship for youth lacrosse, and if your team chooses not to attend, you don't get to have a say about the winners, do you? You've got to be in it to win it!

I thought that National Draw was the official tournament of amateur lacrosse?! We can see what that has turned into, its PAL town lacrosse at it's worse and the US Lax tourney is right there with them, just a greater diversity of bad teams to play against

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Success, what success? The YJ 23 B team takes a step back this year after losing quality players. The A team continues the friends and family plan with sub-par coaching a recipe for another lost summer [/quote]

quite a few good players left the program completely.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2021 YJ team will be much more successful this summer. The reason why is the new head coach. Last summer the team was coached by a fill in daddy who had little to no idea what he is doing and was a complete friends and family guy. The new head coach will not care where you are from, how much butt you kiss etc she only cares about winning.Past history dictates this team will have a complete turn around with the new coach.

Not a YJ parent, but I must agree with this statement. Quality consistent coaching is the key. Love her or hate her, she can coach a lacrosse team. Especially when you are getting girls who have speed and good sticks. I don't think anyone can deny that the girls on that team have the raw skill, increasing IQ and getting kids in the right spots are what a good coach can do.

Over at TG, BS hs stepped in to a more active role in team coaching not just game coaching. The parents of this age are starting to wake up and demand better coaching after being ignored.

People who know lacrosse and know BS, also know that BS does not know lacrosse. He is not a good lacrosse coach. He is the father of a once great player, that's about it. He also knew when to strike to take advantage of that. If you are relying on him to coach up and develope your daughter, you will eventually come to agree with me. He would be best sticking to his role as club director.

The most accurate post I've seen in a while

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2021 new girls did they actually take on blue cr. With cr coaching them up plus upgrades(are they?) should be more competitive in md

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2021 new girls did they actually take on blue cr. With cr coaching them up plus upgrades(are they?) should be more competitive in md

DID YOU SAY COACHING THEM UP?
YOU ARE SO BLINDED IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT?
KEEP DRINKING THE KOOL AID

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If cr is taken on this additional responsibility, I'm pretty sure she's going to coach those girls up, it's her business. If that's not the case hopefully the new girls added will be the answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If cr is taken on this additional responsibility, I'm pretty sure she's going to coach those girls up, it's her business. If that's not the case hopefully the new girls added will be the answer.

No, and no. She can't even get Nothport girls to win anything.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what the problem is in nthprt but yj has too many f&f and politics. You can't coach up girls who arent good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what the problem is in nthprt but yj has too many f&f and politics. You can't coach up girls who arent good.

cr is not a good coach, like ba at Md United.

And, evidently, girls club lax is like your 401k portfolio: For long-term success you must diversify. F&f and politics will kill your bottom line in the long run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's not a very good coach. Wasn't a very good player either. She gets great players to come to YJ. Anyone can win with those girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLINDERS...THEY WIN BECAUSE OF TALENT ALONE...LOSES COME WHEN THERE IS SIMILAR TALENT...THEN THEY GET OUT COACHED...DON'T TELL ME YOU HAVENT SEEN THIS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's not a very good coach. Wasn't a very good player either. She gets great players to come to YJ. Anyone can win with those girls.

THANK YOU...YOU HAVE SEEN WHAT I SEE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She? I thought that thing on the sidelines was a man

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha ha...he is a man, I think. Not a good coach, but probably male.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roll out the balls and get out of the way. Coaching staff has been weak and is getting weaker they just keep attracting the best talent. When these clueless coaches demote your kid or place them on any other team other than A at tryouts it must be quite disheartening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roll out the balls and get out of the way. Coaching staff has been weak and is getting weaker they just keep attracting the best talent. When these clueless coaches demote your kid or place them on any other team other than A at tryouts it must be quite disheartening.

The younger years are begining to fall apart. Many other great options. They could not win games last summer. Even JS won't be able to turn the 4th graders around due tho the friends and family plan of mediocre players some of which come with the coach. People are not buying the hype anymore. 2020 is there last elite year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The younger years are begining to fall apart. Many other great options. They could not win games last summer. Even JS won't be able to turn the 4th graders around due tho the friends and family plan of mediocre players some of which come with the coach. People are not buying the hype anymore. 2020 is there last elite year [/quote]

Please list 2 or 3 of the "many other great options"? Would love to know if things don't work out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The younger years are begining to fall apart. Many other great options. They could not win games last summer. Even JS won't be able to turn the 4th graders around due tho the friends and family plan of mediocre players some of which come with the coach. People are not buying the hype anymore. 2020 is there last elite year

Please list 2 or 3 of the "many other great options"? Would love to know if things don't work out. [/quote]

TG
Liberty
Igloo
Lgc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please list 2 or 3 of the "many other great options"? Would love to know if things don't work out. [/quote]

Smaller is better, much more attention to players and as your daughter gets older you will see that recruiters don't care what team they play for. Ninety one, waves and eyecon (misspelled on purpose) are great programs. Talent stands out on these teams and gets noticed faster than on a team of go to goal girls. Do not be impressed with the D1 & 2 commits, more than half will be home. Find a club coach that responds to emails and helps the player find the right fit. Sometimes all that glitters isn't gold , especially on a summer roster with more than 24 girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please list 2 or 3 of the "many other great options"? Would love to know if things don't work out.

TG
Liberty
Igloo
Lgc
[/quote]

You lost me at TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smaller is better, much more attention to players and as your daughter gets older you will see that recruiters don't care what team they play for. Ninety one, waves and eyecon (misspelled on purpose) are great programs. Talent stands out on these teams and gets noticed faster than on a team of go to goal girls. Do not be impressed with the D1 & 2 commits, more than half will be home. Find a club coach that responds to emails and helps the player find the right fit. Sometimes all that glitters isn't gold , especially on a summer roster with more than 24 girls. [/quote]

Good advice, YJ carries 26 on many rosters, rediculous money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments do the YJ teams participate in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG
Liberty
Igloo
Lgc

You lost me at TG. [/quote]

Why? They beat YJ the last time they played, and will again if YJ doesn't hide at their own tournament to get beat by their own B team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG
Liberty
Igloo
Lgc
[/quote]

Haha, ok. Liberty is the only program that comes close. I thought this post was funny until I saw the response listing ninety one and waves. Are you kidding me? Ninety One????? They play and struggle in tournaments against PAL teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of coaching changes for this summer, that's disappointing to see. If you demote more kids than usual shouldn't some coaches also be moved down or out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of coaching changes for this summer, that's disappointing to see. If you demote more kids than usual shouldn't some coaches also be moved down or out?

Not sure I follow your logic but what years in particular are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the OP but I'd like to see Thorn hit the bricks. If you can really call her a coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some rosters were shook up pretty good this year after posting disappointing results last summer. Why do the kids get moved down if the same coaches aren't held accountable? In sports they say you cant fire the players so the coach gets fired. At the YJ's the players get fired and the coaches stay PLUS we are paying for this. Seems like BS to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
regardless of the coach yj does not have the talent to beat TG or Icon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ummmm? Think they already have, dummy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ummmm? Think they already have, dummy

I know TG beat YJA, how about icon?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ummm, no they did not but nice try, dopey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon, are u serious. Our year played them and we didn't have a goalie and they scored 3 goals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some rosters were shook up pretty good this year after posting disappointing results last summer. Why do the kids get moved down if the same coaches aren't held accountable? In sports they say you cant fire the players so the coach gets fired. At the YJ's the players get fired and the coaches stay PLUS we are paying for this. Seems like BS to me.

Like what team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm, last time YJA played TG 2023, TG won, check your facts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They only won because several of the YJ players were getting their diapers changed. Enjoy your success now not the first time YJ has lost when they are very young, see 2020 age, only to end up being an afterthought when they get older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]ummm, no they did not but nice try, dopey.

Why let facts get in the way? YJ is the greatest they can't lose to anybody. They should of lost to Igloo also.

Like Reply Quote
Page 269 of 327 1 2 267 268 269 270 271 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard