BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 65 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 64 65
Re: Boys 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will the Naptown tourney be as prestigious as the Million 2022 championship or Young Guns?

Do you not realize how stupid that sounds? Are any lacrosse tournaments prestigious? It will look the same on your sons resume when he tries to get a job and on his college application.

So you're saying winning a tournament full of rec & B teams in the local tourney is just as prestigious as winning a tournament against club teams from around the country? Who sounds stupid? I've got a participation trophy for you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL at Hawks dads bragging about an indoor game.

Who posted this?

Crabs are bigger and faster and are a mixed group of kids from different Crab teams. They should easily win this game and the league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was pretty impressed with the Naptown Classic last year. I hope my sons team plays in it again.

Crabs lost an indoor game where skill trumps size/age. No surprise there....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs play Hawks again the week schedule is imbalance. Hawks will beat them again and again and again. Indoor outdoor does not matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who posted this?

Crabs are bigger and faster and are a mixed group of kids from different Crab teams. They should easily win this game and the league.

Funny how people on here assume that its the Hawks or Crab parents boosting or running their mouths. My bet is its someone from a completely different team that is just out to hate. This is an anonymous site where some of these threads are 1 person doing the entire thread! Too funny ..
Again don't be so naive when someone spews something about a team. most likely that person has no affiliation with that team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks are irrelevant. Always have been. That's why their best 3-4 kids leave every year.

This is a 2022 forum, so I would say that the Hawks are relevant. What would you call a team that outscored the Crabs by 23 in indoor?

Seal Clubbers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who posted this?

Funny how people on here assume that its the Hawks or Crab parents boosting or running their mouths. My bet is its someone from a completely different team that is just out to hate. This is an anonymous site where some of these threads are 1 person doing the entire thread! Too funny ..
Again don't be so naive when someone spews something about a team. most likely that person has no affiliation with that team.

Don't be so naive to think that there aren't a few parents from every team on here willing to spew garbage. You're on here, aren't you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the Naptown tourney be as prestigious as the Million 2022 championship or Young Guns?

Do you not realize how stupid that sounds? Are any lacrosse tournaments prestigious? It will look the same on your sons resume when he tries to get a job and on his college application.

So you're saying winning a tournament full of rec & B teams in the local tourney is just as prestigious as winning a tournament against club teams from around the country? Who sounds stupid? I've got a participation trophy for you.

My sons have won plenty of tournaments. But to label any of them as prestigious is just silly and you sound like a child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My sons have won plenty of tournaments. But to label any of them as prestigious is just silly and you sound like a child.

Yes, all tournaments are equal. All trophies take the same effort to win. Why compare any tournament to another? You are just wasting your time and money. We'll all be dead in 100 years and no one will care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who posted this?

Don't be so naive to think that there aren't a few parents from every team on here willing to spew garbage. You're on here, aren't you?

Yes you are correct , I am the one who posted this. Of course thats true but so is my statement. Certainly not naive just careful to believe crap from an anonymous source that is full of negativity about a club.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MLE and youthlaxchampionship.com is excited to announce our partial field for the 2022 National Championship. Committed teams include: LI Express, Annapolis Hawks, Team Carolina, Igloo, Mad Lax, Diamondbacks, BBL Elite, Team 91 Maryland, Team 91 Long Island, Team Superstar (Westchester, NY) Triad Elite (NC) CT Chargers, Bethesda LC, and LI Outlaws 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MLE and youthlaxchampionship.com is excited to announce our partial field for the 2022 National Championship. Committed teams include: LI Express, Annapolis Hawks, Team Carolina, Igloo, Mad Lax, Diamondbacks, BBL Elite, Team 91 Maryland, Team 91 Long Island, Team Superstar (Westchester, NY) Triad Elite (NC) CT Chargers, Bethesda LC, and LI Outlaws 2022.

Is this a Local, Regional, National or World Championship for 7th graders??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a Local, Regional, National or World Championship for 7th graders??

Universal!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow - that may be the toughest lineup of 2022s you'll see all summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody get any E-mails from the brine legacy tryouts from last Sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes very good teams , hope the Crabs decide to get in on the fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody get any E-mails from the brine legacy tryouts from last Sunday?

Are you talking about the Duke's tryouts or the Brine tryouts? They both have been fund raising recently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes very good teams , hope the Crabs decide to get in on the fun.

Crabs not a top 16 team should not be invited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Competition for WSYL.

I think WSYL in particular, though, misses one thing about the Little League World Series that makes it so great. In the LLWS, teams are all star teams that come out of town leagues. So it would be like if all these lacrosse kids still played rec in their little home leagues and came together as all star teams after their regular season. That feels more organic, like there's more local interest, and more joy in the kids.

Club lacrosse teams are basically year-round entities. Yeah, the level of play might be better than assembling basically the best of a town league's rec players, but it feels a little manufactured.

Doesn't seem like this new tournament is going to be any different. But it will be on the east coast, and there are probably teams that wouldn't have traveled to Denver that will play in this tournament. And there's the added benefit of not having to break up a team that played together the rest of the year because of holdbacks. So as far as tournament "quality" this might be better than WSYL.

As far as the committed teams, though, RR and Bethesda didn't even finish in the top half of their spring league last year. Do you really think they're two of the sixteen best teams in the country? They said they're only taking 16, and they've already got 15. So there's only one team out there that's at least as good as those two that hasn't applied yet?

I guess as I look more closely, their WWW site says registration closed 12/1. But there's still an application link, so I'd bet they'd still take teams. If two or three teams come along that are better than those two, are they now locked in to taking them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it was the brine I was referring to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As far as the committed teams, though, RR and Bethesda didn't even finish in the top half of their spring league last year. Do you really think they're two of the sixteen best teams in the country? They said they're only taking 16, and they've already got 15. So there's only one team out there that's at least as good as those two that hasn't applied yet?

I guess as I look more closely, their WWW site says registration closed 12/1. But there's still an application link, so I'd bet they'd still take teams. If two or three teams come along that are better than those two, are they now locked in to taking them?

Bethesda beat Diamondbacks and both 91 NY teams at elite 8 last year and made finals. RR beat Hawks to make finals of St. Paul's league. Neither team is in the top tier of this field, but not at the bottom either. Looks like they took whoever applied. Ever heard of Triad Elite or Superstar?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda beat Diamondbacks and both 91 NY teams at elite 8 last year and made finals. RR beat Hawks to make finals of St. Paul's league. Neither team is in the top tier of this field, but not at the bottom either.

Fair enough, I guess.

Ever heard of Triad Elite or Superstar?

Triad Elite is out of NC, I think the Greensboro area. Not exactly a hotbed, but a few really good high school teams.

Superstar I've seen at a few box lacrosse events, but not really familiar with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They said they're only taking 16, and they've already got 15. So there's only one team out there that's at least as good as those two that hasn't applied yet?

What quality teams are missing? FCA and Crabs are two Maryland teams that belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bethesda beat Diamondbacks and both 91 NY teams at elite 8 last year and made finals. RR beat Hawks to make finals of St. Paul's league. Neither team is in the top tier of this field, but not at the bottom either. Looks like they took whoever applied. Ever heard of Triad Elite or Superstar?

The Bethesda team at Elite 8 was not the real team. They had more guest players than actual BLC players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely incorrect, BLC added 1 boy for Elite 8 who was new to program. Team finally got there goalie back, who had a broken armand missed HOCO. Goalies still matter boys in addition to FOGO's!...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They said they're only taking 16, and they've already got 15. So there's only one team out there that's at least as good as those two that hasn't applied yet?

What quality teams are missing? FCA and Crabs are two Maryland teams that belong.

Crabs the same teamthat just lost by 20 plus to Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Cannons? They had some quality wins last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely incorrect, BLC added 1 boy for Elite 8 who was new to program. Team finally got there goalie back, who had a broken armand missed HOCO. Goalies still matter boys in addition to FOGO's!...

BLC BROUGHT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM TO ELITE 8 !!
with out a doubt, they got blown out in the spring league and at NLF . but they some how beat almost everyone at the Elite 8. Teams and coaches that face that team several times a year now the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC went 4-0-1 at NLF, Tied team 91 NY - same EXACT team as Elite 8 (Beat Crabs/Laxachussets/HHH). facts are facts. You can Capitalize words all you want, your FACTS are still incorrect, which would qualify you as.......IGNORANT.

In any case HOCO 2022 is as solid a youth lax league as their is in the country with lots of talented teams, players, and coaches. Going to be a fun year. Keep it classy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC went 4-0-1 at NLF, Tied team 91 NY - same EXACT team as Elite 8 (Beat Crabs/Laxachussets/HHH). facts are facts. You can Capitalize words all you want, your FACTS are still incorrect, which would qualify you as.......IGNORANT.

In any case HOCO 2022 is as solid a youth lax league as their is in the country with lots of talented teams, players, and coaches. Going to be a fun year. Keep it classy

You're right. The team at NLF was pretty much the same as Elite 8. However, this was not the team that played in HOCO or in other tournaments last summer. There were so many different helmets on those kids at NLF and E8 it looked like a pack of skittles. Stop making crap up. You know damn well that those two teams were not full of actual BLC kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow - what happened to the MMILL?

It used to be a great winter indoor league.

This year only 3 teams (3!) are playing in the 2022 club division - sidewinders, zingos, and wild.

My guess is clubs got tired of the weak reffing that was allowing so many kids to get hurt. The two year age groups had older kids beating up on the younger ones and the refs consistently did nothing to stop it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr ignorant, it's called non-for-profit lacrosse. Bethesda has never required kids to spend money on the same helmets, gloves, etc. They actually spend budget dollars on training. If you have ever played a BLC team, you would recognize that. Go ask the same coaches you reference. Core of Kids have played together for years. Class group of kids and families. Enjoy your holiday and try not to be such a Scrooge. If it makes you feel better to throw our propaganda, keep on firing. Ignorance is bliss

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr ignorant, it's called non-for-profit lacrosse. Bethesda has never required kids to spend money on the same helmets, gloves, etc. They actually spend budget dollars on training. If you have ever played a BLC team, you would recognize that. Go ask the same coaches you reference. Core of Kids have played together for years. Class group of kids and families. Enjoy your holiday and try not to be such a Scrooge. If it makes you feel better to throw our propaganda, keep on firing. Ignorance is bliss

Their 2021 BLC team is just as bad. Line up is never the same (probably moving kids to 2022 when no conflicts)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not ignorant at all. Unless those kids were changing helmets, and skin color, between games, there were some kids at the NLF and E8 that weren't there any other times. Everyone knows it. Stop trying to deny it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not ignorant at all. Unless those kids were changing helmets, and skin color, between games, there were some kids at the NLF and E8 that weren't there any other times. Everyone knows it. Stop trying to deny it.

The Crabs are non-profit also, so you are in good company.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Crabs are non-profit also, so you are in good company.

In many of these so called Non profit sports clubs , it only means one thing...That owner/Director pays himself whatever he wants to not make a profit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the first day of X-mas I hope your true love brings you to the Optomotirst as I believe you may be color blind. IF you are referring to fine young man who is a FOGO, he has played on the team since 1st grade. Kids miss HOCO games for multi-sport commitments/injury/ or common colds. Is what it is.

Unfortunately, I believe your true love may have a tougher time locating a doctor that can cure your ignorance. Again, keeping it classy, so I wish you continued Bliss with your ignorance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the first day of X-mas I hope your true love brings you to the Optomotirst as I believe you may be color blind. IF you are referring to fine young man who is a FOGO, he has played on the team since 1st grade. Kids miss HOCO games for multi-sport commitments/injury/ or common colds. Is what it is.

Unfortunately, I believe your true love may have a tougher time locating a doctor that can cure your ignorance. Again, keeping it classy, so I wish you continued Bliss with your ignorance.

that was completely wack and lame, just like all the other statements made defending BLC teams last year. The team that played in summer tournaments was not the same that played in fall,winter or spring. It is a known fact ! Period. There is no need for arguments on your behalf. It only makes you look stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat crabs again in box. With all the Hawks holdbacks players their 2022 team maybe older than the Hawks 2021 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that sitting around and talking about which tournament is 'more' prestigious than another is plain ridiculous. Our kids would say that the more impressive is the one they just won or came close to winning. So, yes, as far as they are concerned every tournament is equally prestigious. Having made this comment, however, I do not think that all tournaments are made equal. Some tournaments have B teams play against AA teams, and I believe that this is not a good thing.

When the talent level at a tournament is relatively equal, teams reaching the final will have to run a far more difficult gauntlet before reaching the finals than they would in mixed skill level events. When rec league teams wind up haveing to play club teams at Beach Lax, it is usually down right unfair and results in an easy win for the club squad. In an AA bracket at Summer Exposure you can be sure that each win will be earned. This would not be the same thing if, say, Crabs when to Beach Lax and dominated some rec or club B team on the way to a title.

Food for thoughtz

Page 22 of 65 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 64 65

Link Copied to Clipboard