BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Boys 2018 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This thread will be used for discussions, news, and analysis of the Boys 2018 graduation year programs during the Fall 2012/Spring 2013 seasonal year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that we are in tryout season, which teams will have the biggest roster changes?
(Best chance to make a team)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ORANGE CRUSH. TEAM 91

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now that we are in tryout season, which teams will have the biggest roster changes?
(Best chance to make a team)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't their orange team 91xtreme?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, i see that express, 91 and team li try outs were all completed. from what I saw last year, these were three pretty evenly matched groups. No disrespect to any other li team in this age group, but in my opinion, these three were the most competitive games. yes, I am an express parent.

I think express orange (now terps) added a couple attack, a middie and a pole or two.

Team LI and 91 parents, how much did your teams change if at all?
For other teams, Jesters, true blue...how did tryouts treat your team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, i see that express, 91 and team li try outs were all completed. from what I saw last year, these were three pretty evenly matched groups. No disrespect to any other li team in this age group, but in my opinion, these three were the most competitive games. yes, I am an express parent.

I think express orange (now terps) added a couple attack, a middie and a pole or two. Team LI and 91 parents, how much did your teams change if at all?
91 Orange added 5 new players including upgraded speed at attack and a touted D Pole. Hope to see alot of these other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think express orange (now terps) added a couple attack, a middie and a pole or two.

Team LI and 91 parents, how much did your teams change if at all?
Team LI lost several players. Don't know who they picked up but count on them being well coached.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the names for the LI Express teams A B C ? Terps are A what are B & C

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TERPS -A
WOLVERINES -B
PIRANHAS -C
BARRACUDAS -D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A "touted" D pole? Are you insane? These are 12/13yr olds...Get a grip. This is no reference or disparagement to ANY team, be it Express, 91, etc, etc, etc... It is only regarding that comment.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the names for the LI Express teams A B C ? Terps are A what are B & C

It differs by year. 2018 is different than 2016.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best clinics for defensive training? My boys have done a couple of camps and clinics are have not been thrilled with the level and amount of training. Too often there is too much horsing around and not enough teaching going on. We are looking for suggestions. Thank you

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
What are the best clinics for defensive training? My boys have done a couple of camps and clinics are have not been thrilled with the level and amount of training. Too often there is too much horsing around and not enough teaching going on. We are looking for suggestions. Thank you
Have you considered the Pro Box Lacrosse Wednesday nights camp starting next Wednesday, October 10th. Set indoors in the Canadian Box Lacrosse tradition, this event will stress stick work and basic skills with Pat McCabe driving the defensive training.

Pro Box Lacrosse Wednesday Night Clinic - Starts October 10th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pat McCabe is an excellent coach, but at this age put your focus on their athleticsm. Either speed training, cross-training, or anything to get the optimal work on his foot speed and skills. You can find this in various locations - find a trainer and go get a trial session - if they like the workout book a package - make them a better athlete - they will become a better lacrosse player - not just a D player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think express orange (now terps) added a couple attack, a middie and a pole or two. Team LI and 91 parents, how much did your teams change if at all?
91 Orange added 5 new players including upgraded speed at attack and a touted D Pole. Hope to see alot of these other teams.

91 orange did not! We slowed our team down a bit, and should be weak at best. We also decided to forego practices for pizza and beer sessions done on-line with x-box. We are raring to go for next season!--think before you post, meatwhistle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is always one of these people in the group that gives a bad name to the entire team...meatwhistle? What is wrong with you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 orange did not! We slowed our team down a bit, and should be weak at best. We also decided to forego practices for pizza and beer sessions done on-line with x-box. We are raring to go for next season!--think before you post, meatwhistle

I heard the chosen few didn't do so great this weekend in their secret tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know someone who played for Team LI. They combined some of their 2017 players with their 2018 players. I guess they are going to be playing U15 in tournaments. Their best attackman (2018) went to 91 Xtream. cool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out Dynamic Lacrosse Training (DLT). Run by the 91 guys. My son has attended their clinics for the past three years. They have all sorts of clinics (stick skills, Defense, attack, F/O) They do a nice job...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the face-off mid-fielder from Team LI went to 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out Dynamic Lacrosse Training (DLT). Run by the 91 guys. My son has attended their clinics for the past three years. They have all sorts of clinics (stick skills, Defense, attack, F/O) They do a nice job...

Nice advertisement!!!! Lets grease the 91 pockets already..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know someone who played for Team LI. They combined some of their 2017 players with their 2018 players. I guess they are going to be playing U15 in tournaments. Their best attackman (2018) went to 91 Xtream. cool

No, they only moved kids who qualify for u 13!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Xtreme? Orange isn't good enough anymore? Comical! Best attackmen? which kid is that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say, I think the advantage goes to Express this year. Player talent level is evenly matched, but coaching would tip the scale to Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard the chosen few didn't do so great this weekend in their secret tourney.

Well said..."the chosen few"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Xtreme? Orange isn't good enough anymore? Comical! Best attackmen? which kid is that?

We all know there are many good players in this age group on LI. Let's not swell ego's here by claiming best of anything or "touted". It sounds ridiculous. Let's leave it at "there are many talented players" - keeping in mind they're 12! There are also skilled players which have not even entered the "travel" arena yet.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Bringing this thread to the foreground.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Superstar 365 lost to LI Express Terps 4-7 today at Skull and Bones Tourney, good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good game,both teams played well.Congrats to the 2018 Terps on the win and 4 and 0 on the day. 2018 Patriots looked good as well and so did the 2018 Wolverines nice win over the Outlaws.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We really should congratulate the express terps for the tremendous win in the skull and bones tournament. They beat the 11 man docs team to get into the final over the Patriots. Terps played a game of catch to keep the Patriots out of the final. We watched the game it was awful! the docs kids had 11 kids team =express could not let them score or the patriots would get into the final. Everyone watched and called for them to play - express no heart, no class. What a win, great coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
terps beat docs 13-0. this game easily could have gone to 20-0. true, the last few minutes of the game were not fun to play or watch, but it was clear the terps were by far the best team out there on that particular day, and in a way, can't fault the coach to look to get their team into a championship game. who would it have benefited if terps one that game 25-1 (besides the patriots). btw, the championship game was a good one, prob the best lacrosse of the day for that age bracket. as for docs, they had no business being at that tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the nonsense. express could have one by 30 goals and did not. of course they wanted to make the championship game, what team or coach doesnt...

Blame the tournament for the ridiculous goal against tie breaker. it could have been goal differential, but then you people would be complaining if the express scored 40 goals a game.

some of these teams clearly cant compete at this level, so why go to this tournament, go to one that is less competitive.

i feel bad for the patriot team, but unless they were to play against express head to head--there are no tournaments i am aware of where there are playoff tie breakers--one team would be upset. in this case the express played within the rules and won the championship.

classless, really? please relax open your eyes and consider your words carefully....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you people kidding me....worried about express lacrosse when there is soo much devastation in ny..houses ruined...peopled stranded.....no gas...stuck with no power, cold at night...people lost everything in their house and you are worried about 2018 skull and bones tournament...you should be ashamed of yourselves.....Go help someone in need....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
relax. if the nyc is running a marathon, i think the rest of us can go surfing on the web when we are stuck in homes. what are you doing to help anyone. Why are you here writting on this site? go follow your own advice and help someone...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are here eading Back of the Cage instead of helping somebody. These remarks that people are commenting from are from a tournament that happened before the devastation. I happened to be a player from a team in that tourn. I dont understand why the championship was set up with goals against,stupid.My team watched and the best team won and any of the coaches would have done the same to play to the end. Good players on the Terps i know some kids from camp they are good sports and competitive.Too bad some of you adults dont learn from us kids that actually play the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are here eading Back of the Cage instead of helping somebody. These remarks that people are commenting from are from a tournament that happened before the devastation. I happened to be a player from a team in that tourn. I dont understand why the championship was set up with goals against,stupid.My team watched and the best team won and any of the coaches would have done the same to play to the end. Good players on the Terps i know some kids from camp they are good sports and competitive.Too bad some of you adults dont learn from us kids that actually play the game.

Finally:) It took a kid to say it!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we played the 2018 team 91 white team at halloween havoc a few weeks ago and they look real good. They actually won the tournament. We lost to them by a fair margin. There was no hot doggin or unsportsmanlike conduct by the players or coach. He is intense and loud. Seem to be a strong team look forward to seeing them in the summer. This 2018 group for all clubs is a talented bunch overall. I hope the Express, Jesters, 91, True Blue, Team Long Island (no paticular order)and all other LI teams have the opportunity to play each other more often this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be nice for these LI teams to play more but some teams or clubs feel they have more to lose than they have to gain by playing other LI teams and losing. My motto is to be the best beat the best. It's the only way to claim your number one. They should have an all long island & ny tournament from each age group. Winners then will meet the winners from each age group of other states like NJ, Maryland, etc. No ducking or making claims your the best. Can't miss this type of tournament and say your number one. Who's got the balls to put this tournament together. You can have seeding like they do in wrestling based on head to heads etc. Coaches would meet with tournament directors to do seeding. With a little more thought could get interesting. Everyone invited coaches discretion.(can't cry if you enter and get your butt handed to you) It's the best of the best. Alex M

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Brother.....Are you really that caught up in this stuff. Nobody cares....The clubs make money, the kids play lax and everyone is happy. Should we have BCS championship brackets set up. Please let us all beath a little before we have to read this nonsense already !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you were the best at what ?????? ....silence...Thats what I thought.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard