BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 97 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 96 97
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the best HS level indoor league in the area?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep reading the LI guys bragging about how superior their brand of lax is. I think the population density skews the numbers of kids playing D1 lacrosse.

What % of HS players from each region play D1 lacrosse? I'd bet Westchester and Li are comparable, apples to apples.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I keep reading the LI guys bragging about how superior their brand of lax is. I think the population density skews the numbers of kids playing D1 lacrosse.

What % of HS players from each region play D1 lacrosse? I'd bet Westchester and Li are comparable, apples to apples.

<yawn>

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy holidays and New Year to all those people who volunteer their time to coach, manage, organize and positively impact the youth of Westchester. My boys learn so much from their coaches, especially the lessons they will need to succeed and be happy in life. As a coach, I hope that a similar impact is felt by those I am asked to teach and instruct.

Thanks again to all those who contribute.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI (well, really Nassau and Suffolk) has 3 million residents and Westchester has 1 million. LI def has more than 3x number of D1 players than Westchester.

Even if you (correctly) assume more than 3x number of kids on LI play lax than in Westchester, LI still has way higher % of D1 players.

Sure, some kids in Westchester are great and some clubs are good and some high school teams kick [lacrosse] but, overall, LI is way bigger, deeper, better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI (well, really Nassau and Suffolk) has 3 million residents and Westchester has 1 million. LI def has more than 3x number of D1 players than Westchester.

Even if you (correctly) assume more than 3x number of kids on LI play lax than in Westchester, LI still has way higher % of D1 players.

Sure, some kids in Westchester are great and some clubs are good and some high school teams kick [lacrosse] but, overall, LI is way bigger, deeper, better.

Your overall point is correct, but keep in mind that Westchester has a much higher percentage of city residents (Yonkers, Mt Vernon, parts of New Rochelle, Peekskill) who, through demographics and the problems lacrosse has in urban areas, don't play lacrosse. LI, by contrast, is much more suburban by percentage. The pool of kids available in Westchester is much more than 3-1 less than on LI.

1 in 4 of every HS program in all of NYS is on LI. (I believe this excludes the Catholics)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not like Queens and Brooklyn have a lot of players, and l ikewwise, they both aren't producing lots of talent. ;-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its purely a numbers game. Ward Melville has 100+ kids trying out for Varsity, a school like John Jay has less than half that number. I'm sure the ratios are very similar on LI and Westchester--kids playing HS to kids playing in college. The water doesn't make the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Difference is Long Island teaches kids stick skills and tough nosed play from an early age. Lacrosse is about playing at high speed and getting ground balls. Long Island kids are trained to do that. Most of the best players from Westchester were actually trained in Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe that's because westchester and Fairfield kids are spoiled brats

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a LI parent, there are a fair amount of "spoiled brats' here also. Three of the top 3 Nassau HSs could easily be accused of being similalry very affluent areas, along with many others. So, that's not all of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. . . . It never ceases to amaze me when I read all the vicious posts on this blog, but most of them are reserved for the Long Island or MD forums.
The stereotype about Westchester and Fairfield kids being spoiled brats is clearly coming from someone who doesn't know them at all, or has had one bad experience and is generalizing all players from that area into that group.
There are bad seeds everywhere, and being spoiled has nothing to do with the socioeconomic bracket that you fall into. It has more to do with the entitled feeling you get from your parents, which has zero to do with income and everything to do with class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just ask college coaches. They will tell you, the work ethic and sense of entitlement from kids in westchester and Fairfield is horrifying . This does not include areas like yorktown, somers, mahopac. Hard nosed kids with a work ethic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just ask college coaches. They will tell you, the work ethic and sense of entitlement from kids in westchester and Fairfield is horrifying . This does not include areas like yorktown, somers, mahopac. Hard nosed kids with a work ethic
This is almost comical. I'm sure that's the first thing college coaches will tell you while they're recruiting all those top laxers from Somers & Mahopac. And I'm guessing they're ignoring the 'entitled' (yes, reclassified & PG) kids from Brunswick, Deerfield, etc. ?? who actually make up the majority of the top D1 rosters of players from Westchester & Fairfield. Those 3 towns you mention are similar, except Yorktown has a rich tradition of lacrosse and a well run youth & travel program, while the other 2 clearly do not. The funny thing is I'm not sure who you're taking a shot at? John Jay? Bronxville ? Rye ? really not that many programs here in Westchester when compared to LI.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is almost comical. I'm sure that's the first thing college coaches will tell you while they're recruiting all those top laxers from Somers & Mahopac. And I'm guessing they're ignoring the 'entitled' (yes, reclassified & PG) kids from Brunswick, Deerfield, etc. ?? who actually make up the majority of the top D1 rosters of players from Westchester & Fairfield. Those 3 towns you mention are similar, except Yorktown has a rich tradition of lacrosse and a well run youth & travel program, while the other 2 clearly do not. The funny thing is I'm not sure who you're taking a shot at? John Jay? Bronxville ? Rye ? really not that many programs here in Westchester when compared to LI.....

Please leave 'PAC out of this they are not Westchester.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah those entitled & spoiled kids from Darien, New Canaan, Ridgefield & Greenwich, 3 of which in the National Top 30, not sure why college coaches aren't looking closer at their poor work ethic while recruiting ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can buy your kid a spot into a college. But you can't buy these spoiled brats a set of brass balls. That comes from genetics , Fairfield kids , most westchester kids know daddy will be there to open his wallet and save the day. I will take yorktown and mahopac kids to a rumble. At least they won't run and drive away in their BMW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You can buy your kid a spot into a college. But you can't buy these spoiled brats a set of brass balls. That comes from genetics , Fairfield kids , most westchester kids know daddy will be there to open his wallet and save the day. I will take yorktown and mahopac kids to a rumble.

Oops, I stumbled onto the WWE forum....can you direct me to the lacrosse forum where all the putnam kids are getting recruited?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bronxville (as affluent and spoiled as you can get) in Westchester County is a TINY place. School district is 1 square mile. The HS lax team is competing in NY Class D this year.

Bronxville, per capita, has got to be sending more kids to quality D1 programs than any other school around, LI, CT, NJ or Westchester. No Monmouths or UMASS Lowell either. ND, UNC, Yale, Brown, Harvard etc.

And no my kid does not go to Bronxville. Plays at a competing program but you've got to give credit where its due.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of "spoiled" kids in Yorktown and Somers. They are every where.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bronxville (as affluent and spoiled as you can get) in Westchester County is a TINY place. School district is 1 square mile. The HS lax team is competing in NY Class D this year.

Bronxville, per capita, has got to be sending more kids to quality D1 programs than any other school around, LI, CT, NJ or Westchester. No Monmouths or UMASS Lowell either. ND, UNC, Yale, Brown, Harvard etc.

And no my kid does not go to Bronxville. Plays at a competing program but you've got to give credit where its due.
Absolutely, and especially give credit on the academic side. Those are typical Prep School recruiting Universities you mention, and Bronxville has to be doing something better on the education side that other public schools are not. It's not just the lacrosse...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, one more thing.....Bronxville beat Mahopac 10-8 last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, one more thing.....Bronxville beat Mahopac 10-8 last year.
I guess on that one particular afternoon Mahopac wasn't ready to rumble with their inherited genetically superior brass balls. But all in all Mahopac had a good year last year, program has been heading in the right direction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brass balls? Kids don't play that way anymore. Bro society? Flow? How about kicking some azz on the field and not worrying about style, BTB passes/shots, etc. Laughable. Funny thing is, some coaches encourage that type of play. That garbage doesn't cut it in D1, so lets let that die.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go watch 90+1 crush. All flash. Most of the team going d1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team is over-rated and under whelming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Probably best youth lacrosse team ever at every age they've played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says daddy baller living vicariously through his son. Give me a break!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of the top teams would be considered that good if they practiced 3-4+ hours. It takes a psycho coach to run that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says daddy baller living vicariously through his son. Give me a break!

Unfortunately being a hater is not going to make it less true. Possibly the best youth lacrosse team ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually don't post . Lets just say been around the game along time . Enjoy these times with your sons and daughters . Regarding the dad who wrote best youth lax team ever . I suggest you watch a good movie , probably a comedy . That comment is pretty funny . another idea would be to watch a good sitcom - one with canned laughter. 70s I woulda suggest odd couple , 80s ALF, 90s Seinfeld.2000s Curb your enthusiasm .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually don't post . Lets just say been around the game along time . Enjoy these times with your sons and daughters . Regarding the dad who wrote best youth lax team ever . I suggest you watch a good movie , probably a comedy . That comment is pretty funny . another idea would be to watch a good sitcom - one with canned laughter. 70s I woulda suggest odd couple , 80s ALF, 90s Seinfeld.2000s Curb your enthusiasm .

I love a good 80s sitcom. You clearly have never seen them play. They probably would beat most westchester varsity teams this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% could beat most varsity teams in westchester. The whole team is practically going major d1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of the top teams would be considered that good if they practiced 3-4+ hours. It takes a psycho coach to run that team.

If you want to be the best, you have to put in the effort.

By the way, they never practiced 3 or 4 hours a day. But make that part of the legend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to be the best, you have to put in the effort.

By the way, they never practiced 3 or 4 hours a day. But make that part of the legend.

We both know you are lying or uninformed. More power to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who the heck cares how many hours Crush practices?! No one can deny they are a great team with great athletes, IQ, and stick skills.

Let's face it, if any of our kids were good enough to get significant playing time on a team such as Crush you'd be proud as [lacrosse] and would likely already be committed to a D1 school.

All that said, few are good enough AND THAT IS OK! Allow your kid to enjoy the game no matter what level they play on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear that they practice 15 hours a day and most are home schooled. Much like Paul Bunyon they carry lax sticks (instead of an axe) and they use them to dominate all in front of them. I am told, that when they get ready to play, they all wear the same custom Crush orange neon compression underoos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who the heck cares how many hours Crush practices?! No one can deny they are a great team with great athletes, IQ, and stick skills.

Let's face it, if any of our kids were good enough to get significant playing time on a team such as Crush you'd be proud as [lacrosse] and would likely already be committed to a D1 school.

All that said, few are good enough AND THAT IS OK! Allow your kid to enjoy the game no matter what level they play on.

The best on that team but many hours a week whether in the gym or field. THEY PUT THE WORK IN!! GOTTA HAVE THE WANT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the Crush writer .something tells me -You have never been there , you havent played , you havent won, if you did you wouldn't act the way you do . Listen when you leave a room , when you leave a field , you will hear laughter. There laughing at you .You know it. The owners of 91 are embarrassed by guys like you. YOU havent done anything , if your son is on Crush that's great for him . Too bad he has you acting like this .Really think about it .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
umm can we get back to the thread...westchester lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 97 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard