BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 44 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it better to be the top gun on the B team or a complimentary player on an elite A team? How do you balance having fun versus grinding to be seen by some coach. I feel if you have talent you will be spotted at some point in the process whether it's A team, B team, or a camp/prospect day.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it better to be the top gun on the B team or a complimentary player on an elite A team? How do you balance having fun versus grinding to be seen by some coach. I feel if you have talent you will be spotted at some point in the process whether it's A team, B team, or a camp/prospect day.

Depends greatly on what club she plays for!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Gun B team is like a c team for most other programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read it again donkey. The question was not about TG. Assume you are a YJ parent.

It is better to be a player on an A team if it is M&D, YJ, Skywalkers or Heros. Those clubs will have the most coaches watching them for the next few years. People are going to respond that it doesn't help if they don't play, but those people don't realize that once showcases start, every girl has to play. That's why it's so stupid all the arguments right now about who is the best 2018 or 2019 team. They aren't playing the same that they did in championship tourmanents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends greatly on what club she plays for!
a top 5 team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read it again donkey. The question was not about TG. Assume you are a YJ parent.

It is better to be a player on an A team if it is M&D, YJ, Skywalkers or Heros. Those clubs will have the most coaches watching them for the next few years. People are going to respond that it doesn't help if they don't play, but those people don't realize that once showcases start, every girl has to play. That's why it's so stupid all the arguments right now about who is the best 2018 or 2019 team. They aren't playing the same that they did in championship tourmanents.

Well said...don't get why they keep score in the showcases...its all about getting kids recruited

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really doesn't matter if your daughter plays on an A or B team. If she has talent the colleges will find her. E

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really doesn't matter if your daughter plays on an A or B team. If she has talent the colleges will find her. E

Exactly correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the parent who handed out the team brochures to the college coaches at summer and fall tournaments for my daughter's club team. I've overheard many, many conversations between college coaches, and not once did I hear one of them say anything about an "A" or "B" team player. They're just looking for good talent,and they don't care where it comes from. I did hear quite a few talk about the y2k parents though,and none of it was positive. Those coaches see and hear almost everything. Be careful how you act yj and Heros parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the parent who handed out the team brochures to the college coaches at summer and fall tournaments for my daughter's club team. I've overheard many, many conversations between college coaches, and not once did I hear one of them say anything about an "A" or "B" team player. They're just looking for good talent,and they don't care where it comes from. I did hear quite a few talk about the y2k parents though,and none of it was positive. Those coaches see and hear almost everything. Be careful how you act yj and Heros parents.

Creepy stalker

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches will be at A games first bviously. If they don't see what they want them will move to the B teams for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only an [lacrosse] hole would say some thing like that about a bunch of 13 year old girls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only an [lacrosse] hole would say some thing like that about a bunch of 13 year old girls!

Maybe you should use the quote function instead of the reply.

No one knows what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry about that.It was in response to just another parent bashing a bunch of young ladies.If you want to put a coach or director down that fine.I think the kids should be left out of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry.It was in response to another jerk parent bashing young ladies.If you want to put down a coach or director thats fine .
Just keep the kids out of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was in response to another jerk parent bashing a bunch of young ladies. If you want to put down a coach or a director that's fine; but leave the kids out of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big weekend for YJ Blue. Interesting to see if there is going to be a bit of a shakeup. Great team, just needs to get bigger to compete against those huge MD teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big weekend for YJ Blue. Interesting to see if there is going to be a bit of a shakeup. Great team, just needs to get bigger to compete against those huge MD teams.

Saw the B team and they definitely have some size and physical girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said...don't get why they keep score in the showcases...its all about getting kids recruited

What none of you seem to understand is some clubs (Not YJ and most MD clubs) play everyone equally even in those oh so amazing "championship" tournaments. Those r mostly a joke too. 20 minute games where teams shorten their bench = stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give me speed over size any day of the week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls I'm talking about are on D. They have size, reach, physicality and a good amount of speed. They certainly stood out on "B" when they played this Fall. Will be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the big fast ones you need to watch out for. The small girls cannot compete with that, and is exactly what the team needs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what planet you're from, but YJ shortens the bench whenever they need a win, that includes play in games to get out of the bracket. two years ago at nat draw half the 2020 didn't play the last three games

What none of you seem to understand is some clubs (Not YJ and most MD clubs) play everyone equally even in those oh so amazing "championship" tournaments. Those r mostly a joke too. 20 minute games where teams shorten their bench = stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls I'm talking about are on D. They have size, reach, physicality and a good amount of speed. They certainly stood out on "B" when they played this Fall. Will be interesting.

How many from B moved up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One moved up and she is an attack. One defenseman from outside the program was added. The defense has 4 excellent players and will be fine, they added an excellent goalie as well so no drop off there anymore. Added 3 middies that are excellent players. They will be very good again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you on the team? they only added 1 middie, 5 new players not 6 like your stating!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the red pinnie or returning girls make out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you on the team? they only added 1 middie, 5 new players not 6 like your stating!

Did they get the draw girl they were after?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One moved up and she is an attack. One defenseman from outside the program was added. The defense has 4 excellent players and will be fine, they added an excellent goalie as well so no drop off there anymore. Added 3 middies that are excellent players. They will be very good again.

The starting D is ok. The second line aweful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give me speed over size any day of the week. [/quote]

The girls I'm talking about are on D. They have size, reach, physicality and a good amount of speed. They certainly stood out on "B" when they played this Fall. Will be interesting. [/quote]

How many from B moved up?[/quote]

The starting D is ok. The second line aweful [/quote]

Ouch, somebody on B with a Big Strong girl didn't get pulled up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What winter leagues are available for girls at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also picked up 7 of the top 12 field players from the old TLC that was good. The team had a 95% turnover from year to year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also picked up 7 of the top 12 field players from the old TLC that was good. The team had a 95% turnover from year to year
CR won't do a thing for your kid, unless you are on the A team. If you get delegated to play B or C team, do yourself a favor and look to other clubs. CR only cares about the revenue from B and C players, not the team. We jumped to a new club last year, and my daughter has had a much better experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely false statement. See commitments and you will see A B C team players who are going to play college ball. Including C team girls going to D1 programs. If we're going to make statements can they try and be accurate. That also applies to other programs which have girls committed from there lower teams too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR won't do a thing for your kid, unless you are on the A team. If you get delegated to play B or C team, do yourself a favor and look to other clubs. CR only cares about the revenue from B and C players, not the team. We jumped to a new club last year, and my daughter has had a much better experience.

Glad it worked out for you but on the flip side it looked like there were quiete a few returning players at tryouts . The grass isnt always greenier but there are many options.
Would also say that most programs treat their B, C teams the same way and it's All about the revenue no matter where you go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is getting old.
1-Girls from the 2nd/3rd teams are getting recruited with the help of CR, unlike BS who doesn't even return calls.
2-The 3&4 2021 YJ teams will probably beat most other LI teams since they are now made up of all new girls that jumped from TG, TLC, TE and 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not TLC, Type O.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is getting old.
1-Girls from the 2nd/3rd teams are getting recruited with the help of CR, unlike BS who doesn't even return calls.
2-The 3&4 2021 YJ teams will probably beat most other LI teams since they are now made up of all new girls that jumped from TG, TLC, TE and 91.

Really? The C team is basically the same as it was last year. 6 new girls and a couple of B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is getting old.

Hate to break this to you but the 3rd and 4th YJ teams will not beat the othe LI clubs like Lib, TE and TG. They will play in the lowest possible brackets as they should. I also wouldn't expect much in they way of coaching, development and quality of play on those teams.

Page 26 of 44 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard