BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 116 of 144 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express and LI Yellow Jackets two thieving organizations that everyone keeps paying in to. The question is what is wrong with these parents??????????????????????

CR has been double dipping for years on her tournament circuit no diferent than express vs express all day at their events

We're all doing just fine. Our kids are playing in great tournaments, and learning to be better lacrosse players. Thanks for asking.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express and LI Yellow Jackets two thieving organizations that everyone keeps paying in to. The question is what is wrong with these parents??????????????????????

CR has been double dipping for years on her tournament circuit no diferent than express vs express all day at their events

We're all doing just fine. Our kids are playing in great tournaments, and learning to be better lacrosse players. Thanks for asking.

If you don't have a problem with either organization I don't know what to say. Seems you are following people blindly while getting blatantly screwed. But if the only thing that matters is your kid playing lacrosse I guess you are in the right spot but it is kind of sad that these directors laugh at people like you that follow them blindly while they keep cashing your monsterous checks. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don't have a problem with either organization I don't know what to say. Seems you are following people blindly while getting blatantly screwed. But if the only thing that matters is your kid playing lacrosse I guess you are in the right spot but it is kind of sad that these directors laugh at people like you that follow them blindly while they keep cashing your monsterous checks. Good luck!

I pulled my boys from express a few years ago for all the reasons listed on this thread. But the truth is most clubs are like that. I woukd like to hear from the people that are trashing express where they have their kids are playing. All the top clubs are the same. Even the next level B. Clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really the same all over because of the tournament box component. These two clubs are in a class by themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really the same all over because of the tournament box component. These two clubs are in a class by themselves.

Doesn't mean it a good class! ;-)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son left Express to play for Fighting Ducks. Is the program less prestigious? Of course, but the coaches work hard and care, my son's skills have improved and they are getting kids exposure and have great college contacts. You have to choose what's best for your son and have the courage to walk. Express has 30 kids on a team, how much attention does your son get? With so many kids, they can't recommend all of them to colleges.

I pulled my boys from express a few years ago for all the reasons listed on this thread. But the truth is most clubs are like that. I woukd like to hear from the people that are trashing express where they have their kids are playing. All the top clubs are the same. Even the next level B. Clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is probably 500 or more people who could be hired to paint your house. Unfortunately travel lacrosse, which alot has to do wirh location to where one lives, there aren't too many options. Go elsewhere is sometimes easier said then done.
Give me a break. There are plenty of clubs on Long Island. You just follow all of Johnny's friends and do Express because you want your son to play at Chaminade or St. Anthony's. You are a fool. If he is good he will make the teams. You are just a follower and a complainer. Leave or shut up.

My son left Express to play for Fighting Ducks. Is the program less prestigious? Of course, but the coaches work hard and care, my son's skills have improved and they are getting kids exposure and have great college contacts. You have to choose what's best for your son and have the courage to walk. Express has 30 kids on a team, how much attention does your son get? With so many kids, they can't recommend all of them to colleges.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is my third time through the process. The best advice I can give is to find a program that you feel will help your son develop and be the best he can, and that treats him and you with respect (not easy). Remember why you are doing this. Not everyone is going to play at Duke or Maryland, so keep that in mind. Be realistic with your sons abilities and goals. In order to play in college you don't need to be on the "best" club or go to the "best" tournament. There are some great d2 and d3 schools where your son can play lax and get a good education. Be realistic and honest with yourself. Don't get caught up in the hype.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best advice I've heard on this forum in a long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd that Great advice thanks .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is my third time through the process. The best advice I can give is to find a program that you feel will help your son develop and be the best he can, and that treats him and you with respect (not easy). Remember why you are doing this. Not everyone is going to play at Duke or Maryland, so keep that in mind. Be realistic with your sons abilities and goals. In order to play in college you don't need to be on the "best" club or go to the "best" tournament. There are some great d2 and d3 schools where your son can play lax and get a good education. Be realistic and honest with yourself. Don't get caught up in the hype.

Maryland?? Not a school I would want my son to strive for. Always a bridesmaid, mediocre school to begin with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the package never came

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland was always the bottom of the barrel academically in the ACC, and now they are the same in the Big 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES! Particularly that last line. Don't get caught up in the hype.

We love our kids so much and generally think so much of them that we let our own aspirations and competitiveness limit our vision sometimes. It is very hard to be unbiased or objective about your kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland was always the bottom of the barrel academically in the ACC, and now they are the same in the Big 10.

If Tillman showed interest, you'd be singing their praises and sporting Terp gear every day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was never even a consideration, looking for top 20, and got it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES! Particularly that last line. Don't get caught up in the hype.

We love our kids so much and generally think so much of them that we let our own aspirations and competitiveness limit our vision sometimes. It is very hard to be unbiased or objective about your kids.

I've been through this process twice and having realistic expectations has always served us well. I was surprised when my oldest was courted by three or four top 20 D1 schools and committed to one of them. I'm hoping my second child finds a school he loves and can play....SUNY, D2, D3 whatever. Kids can have a great experience regardless of the division the team plays in. In fact, I know of far more kids unhappy with their D1 experience than kids unhappy with D2 or D3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel bad for my first son. I will call him guinea pig. He is on a high level team and is not happy. It's a lot of pressure and to him it feels more like a job. Second son is on a newer club with excellent coaching but not all of the flash and is so happy. He has improved more in one year than my older son. And I just wish my older guy was on a team like that. We will be looking for a new team in the summer for my first son bc the bottom line is, we just want them happy. Sports is suppose to have some level of fun to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What year is your first son?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland?? Not a school I would want my son to strive for. Always a bridesmaid, mediocre school to begin with.

People never cease to amaze me. You have NO idea what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what difference it makes what year he is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Facts are facts! So many better options

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Per US News

UM, College Park-

#60 nationally (only about 20 of which have MLAX)
#20 public university
#19 business
#24 engineering

It's a terrific school. Not ivy, duke, stanford etc but most students would be fortunate to have MD as an option

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah but, Don't rip on the owners kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are from in-state, you need a 4.0 and near perfect score on your SAT to get into Maryland. I know a lot of kids who got into highly competitive universities and were denied from Maryland. This isn't the 1980's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are from in-state, you need a 4.0 and near perfect score on your SAT to get into Maryland. I know a lot of kids who got into highly competitive universities and were denied from Maryland. This isn't the 1980's

It's easier for a Virginia resident to get into UVA than a Maryland resident to get into Maryland these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland isnt even a top 50 school! Give me a break! They take about half of the kids tha apply

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we going to take shots at colleges now. Ranked number 60 with a wide range of majors and a strong alumni makes this a good school.

Maryland isnt even a top 50 school! Give me a break! They take about half of the kids tha apply

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we going to take shots at colleges now. Ranked number 60 with a wide range of majors and a strong alumni makes this a good school.

Good school, just not elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Me Just worried about lacrosse. No care about education. We bang on wall all day. No time for books.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's easier for a Virginia resident to get into UVA than a Maryland resident to get into Maryland these days.

Whether it's the 80s, 90s, or currently, a degree from UVA is considered far superior to Maryland. It's not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whether it's the 80s, 90s, or currently, a degree from UVA is considered far superior to Maryland. It's not even close.

MC son had to leave Princeton and wound up at MD, was supposed help them earn a Ship, but failed. MC takes the rejects of the better schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MC son had to leave Princeton and wound up at MD, was supposed help them earn a Ship, but failed. MC takes the rejects of the better schools

oooh, that's harsh. What's he doing now with his wonderful education?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What kind of ship? Schooner, sloop, destroyer or maybe an aircraft carrier

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You my friend have no class.... regardless of how you feel about MC and Express as a whole there's no reason to bring his son's college career into the conversation. Might be time for you to look in the mirror instead of criticizing others

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Absolutely classless comment!!! MC Jr is a great player, coach and person. I have had a lot of interaction with this young man and he is a gentlemen. He is an advocate for our sport and from Long Island. cant believe the crap and venom that is spewed on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

Absolutely classless comment!!! MC Jr is a great player, coach and person. I have had a lot of interaction with this young man and he is a gentlemen. He is an advocate for our sport and from Long Island. cant believe the crap and venom that is spewed on here.

Why is it classless? Are those not the facts? Things are said about adults on this forum all the time. He did leave Princeton(#1 school?. He did not win a Championship at MD. MD is not in the same leauge as Princeton. Where is the problem, these are facts. His father has also taken advantage of many, which puts him in a spotlight. Nobody attacked his character as a person, I'm sure he's a very nice person. The talk on the forum was abut Maryland as a top school. It is not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually it was classless. You weren't stating facts, you were making a statement to make him look bad. And the "ship" comment is really lame. If you're too lazy to write championship just don't post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally classless. The amount of hate being spewed as an anonymous poster is unreal on this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because anonymous posters can't get punched in the face!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 116 of 144 1 2 114 115 116 117 118 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard