BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 144 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by ProtonPower
All this nonsense will be done and gone in less than 5 years, when every HS coach on the island has a summer/town program. West Islip and Ward Melville do it, and Garden City just got into the summer lax business in a big way. All those programs have already drawn players off the big club teams.

Not all towns do it, and not all the best players have jumped ship yet. But it is inevitable ... the school coaches will want to get on the summer fee bandwagon (call it a bonus), the boys will want to play with their friends, and the parents will want the boys to get exposure to the middle school and high school coaches that they will eventually (hopefully) play for. And the bottom line -- it's less expensive.

In the meantime, if you want to pay premium dollars for someone else's kid to get an A team experience at one of the "elite" clubs, it's your money.

I beleive many parents and players go into a try out hoping to make a certain team, if they do not make that team they already have a plan "B" outlined.

I do not agree if you are not an express or 91 "A" player that you are not an "A" player. I also agree that as some teams call themselves "A" they are "B" at best. I also have no problem (as should none of you) what a parent or player chooses to do if the player does not make their first priority. For some money is a serious consideration for others it is principle.

I do feel the elites clubs are setting themselves up for failure with these prices. How can some other organizations go to the same tournaments for less than half the price. The tournament fees are public (what isnt is the discounts these teams are getting. I am sure they are getting a significant discount). Note i didnt say win these tournamanets just go to them.

Now about the teams headed the town route, personally I wish this happened (but only starting at 7th grade), but what about those boys in towns where they do not have a strong programs. they are left at a disadvantage.

But what I dont understand is to say West Islip, Garden City and Ward Melville are doing this you may not have been at tryouts this season. The fields where filled with those helmets.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by ProtonPower
All this nonsense will be done and gone in less than 5 years, when every HS coach on the island has a summer/town program. West Islip and Ward Melville do it, and Garden City just got into the summer lax business in a big way. All those programs have already drawn players off the big club teams.

Not all towns do it, and not all the best players have jumped ship yet. But it is inevitable ... the school coaches will want to get on the summer fee bandwagon (call it a bonus), the boys will want to play with their friends, and the parents will want the boys to get exposure to the middle school and high school coaches that they will eventually (hopefully) play for. And the bottom line -- it's less expensive.

In the meantime, if you want to pay premium dollars for someone else's kid to get an A team experience at one of the "elite" clubs, it's your money.

And this is a MAJOR conflict of interest for these HS coaches. It has been discussed in other threads here. These aren't "club" teams with players from all over, these are town teams with parents feeling the "leverage" of having the HS coach run the program and feel "obligated" to play or risk retribution.
There are already too many political angles in these lax towns and to add in the HS coach now running the summer program I think is unethical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree but the bottom line is to WIN. WIN and Elite players will run to you. LOSE and they go elsewhere. WINNING is exposure. WINNING brings fees. Elite kids choose who they will play for. Obtain them at any cost

I agree 100% - it is what it is, people want to play for a winner and a few free tuition kids that brings a winner will pay for it self going forward, good business

Someday the parents of the troglites buried beneath the surface on the B and C teams will decide to no longer carry the burden of the chosen ones in the sun on the A teams.

So, I struggle with what the end game is of the B and C negativity. The common theme seems to be that if your kid isn't chosen to play on the "A" team, then they shouldn't play for the Express at all. Is this to suggest that they would be "A" material on another team? If so, is that team really an "A" team? I would venture that the same kids wouldn't make the "A" team for other quality programs either.

As for the current cost structure, Express is just the price leader here. Others will be there shortly. In fact, they may already be if you tack on cost for the fall program, a helmet (supposedly, Express is including a helmet this year, but who knows for sure) and assorted other a la carte items.

The bottom line is that good is good and the best will always have opportunity. That's true in life and not just in lacrosse. The "B" or "C" kid should dig deeper and work harder, if their goal is truly to make the "A" team. That's a life lesson and that is what parents should be teaching. Instead, the common thread seems to be that a fraud is being committed and nirvana can be found elsewhere. The lesson of casting blame instead of hard work. Guarantee that most parents think their kid is better than they really are.

I'm sure there are some bad apples or poorly handled incidents, but many of the 93 pages dedicated to this thread deal with "if it's not "A" it's not worth it. That's just the wrong general attitude.

Walk a season in the cleats of a B or C team player - poor organization comminication, sporadic practices, half the team can't catch or throw. It's just bad and should not be the same price as an "A" team experience.

Would like to hear the perspective of a current Express player or parent on a B or C team - especially if you are a public school kid or parent. Exactly what is the value proposition for you to stay with Express? We all know the unspoken pressure of the St. Anthony's or Chaminade connection with the Express directors but I don't understand the value for a public school kid to be surrounded by black and red helmets. There is little to no chance of ever moving up to the "A" once you have been labeled a B or C team player - unless your are a Cathoolic school kid and maybe considered the best on the B team might you ever have a shot - or if the grade seems not very deep. Otherwise you are in purgatory on the B or C forever. So, why stay and subsidise the "A" players? Please be honest about your connection to the Catholic school scene in your answer. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree but the bottom line is to WIN. WIN and Elite players will run to you. LOSE and they go elsewhere. WINNING is exposure. WINNING brings fees. Elite kids choose who they will play for. Obtain them at any cost

I agree 100% - it is what it is, people want to play for a winner and a few free tuition kids that brings a winner will pay for it self going forward, good business

Someday the parents of the troglites buried beneath the surface on the B and C teams will decide to no longer carry the burden of the chosen ones in the sun on the A teams.

So, I struggle with what the end game is of the B and C negativity. The common theme seems to be that if your kid isn't chosen to play on the "A" team, then they shouldn't play for the Express at all. Is this to suggest that they would be "A" material on another team? If so, is that team really an "A" team? I would venture that the same kids wouldn't make the "A" team for other quality programs either.

As for the current cost structure, Express is just the price leader here. Others will be there shortly. In fact, they may already be if you tack on cost for the fall program, a helmet (supposedly, Express is including a helmet this year, but who knows for sure) and assorted other a la carte items.

The bottom line is that good is good and the best will always have opportunity. That's true in life and not just in lacrosse. The "B" or "C" kid should dig deeper and work harder, if their goal is truly to make the "A" team. That's a life lesson and that is what parents should be teaching. Instead, the common thread seems to be that a fraud is being committed and nirvana can be found elsewhere. The lesson of casting blame instead of hard work. Guarantee that most parents think their kid is better than they really are.

I'm sure there are some bad apples or poorly handled incidents, but many of the 93 pages dedicated to this thread deal with "if it's not "A" it's not worth it. That's just the wrong general attitude.

Walk a season in the cleats of a B or C team player - poor organization comminication, sporadic practices, half the team can't catch or throw. It's just bad and should not be the same price as an "A" team experience.

Lets face it. The directors of the Express could care less what is going on with their B or C teams and hardly know your kid's name - unless of course you miss a payment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am aware of situations where HS coaches have told players that if they play on travel teams they will sit the bench for HS games

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Lets face it. The directors of the Express could care less what is going on with their B or C teams and hardly know your kid's name - unless of course you miss a payment.
Based on what do you make this assertion? Seriously, this discussion about "A" team scholarships at the expense of "B" and "C" team players is one thing that needs to be sorted out in frank discussion INSIDE the club if the practice even exists. However the assertion that "B" and "C" players are just not part of the programs simply misses the point of having different levels inside the single club for development.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am aware of situations where HS coaches have told players that if they play on travel teams they will sit the bench for HS games
BOTC would like to investigate this practice as this would be potentially in violation of the Ted Stevens Amateur Sports Act of which we are sure you are aware.

Please share the names of the High School programs where this statement has been made - BOTC will immediately FOIL for the relevant information with those school districts and the situation will get straightened out faster than a New [lacrosse] minute.

Now, over to you - send the information to us at cagesage@backofthecage.com.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any HS coach worth his weight plays the best kids, regardless of who they play for in the summer. I can't comment on St A's or the 'nade, but Section XI rules have restrictions against coaches running "required" programs not affiliated with the school. In other words, your HS coach can't mandate that you play for his travel team. Can he bench you during the season if you don't? I guess so, but it is against the Section rules. If you find yourself in that situation, speak to the Athletic Director, Superintendent and School Board. Oh, and sign up for a quality travel program and get recruited through your play with that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This statement is highly inacurate. My son is on an Express B team and the directora know my son very well and are very friendly toward him and me. I won't sugar coat it, there are issues with being on the B team of the Express,many of which have been portrayed accurately here but others misrepresented. Overall its been a good but not great experience. My son is well aware of the alternatives including fl$ but he prefers to stay where he is and continue to work hard to someday make the "A". Thats ok with me. By the way, we are a public school family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC would like to investigate this practice as this would be potentially in violation of the Ted Stevens Amateur Sports Act of which we are sure you are aware.

Please share the names of the High School programs where this statement has been made - BOTC will immediately FOIL for the relevant information with those school districts and the situation will get straightened out faster than a New [lacrosse] minute. Now, over to you - send the information to us at cagesage@backofthecage.com.
I believe the threat is more along the lines of playing for your town team or else. In the past the conflict was minimal. Club teams have grown and are far more demanding of a players time.When faced with more frequent conflicts, the bigger clubs level of training and competition can not be matched by town teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on a 91 B team, and we couldn't be happier. The coaches do a ton of extra practices, scrimmages, and off season tournaments. His team had a very successful season, so to say the B teams aren't worth the investment is nit always accurate, and should be judged on a team by team basis. One clubs B team could be as good or better than another clubs A team, so don't get hung up on team labels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the kid just isn't good enough to play for his HS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets try to turn the bashing and criticism of the Express into something constructive to help the directors improve the level of satisfaction on the B and C teams. My best recommendation would be to do what most good businesses do - hire a company like survey monkey to conduct an anonomous survey of the parents with an opportunity for recommendations for improvements. Like this forum, people will be more willing to participate and provide honest and open feedback and ideas for improvement if it is anonymous. If the directors are smart they will use this feedback to better the experience and turn this negativity into something that will strenghten their business. If parents feel like their concerns are being heard and positive actions are being taken to improve the situation, the program's perception will only improve and the bottom line will follow. Otherwise, I'd agree with the previous poster that if the experience is not "A" and actions are not being taken to improve the experience, then a lower price for a less valuable experience is only right. I've seen this graduated pricing with some town programs - older kids charged more than younger kids and B teams charged less than A teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone needs to put this whole A team thing in perspective. Take a minute and think about the numbers!!! In any given grade there are maybe 5 or 6 true A teams for travel lax on LI. So that's somewhere between 125 to 150 kids. Now, if you look at the number school districts that have lacrosse on Long island at least 100 districts. In any grade there are an average of 20 kids. That means 2000 plus kids are playing lacrosse per grade on Long Island. Could be higher. Just a guess on the numbers.
The point is, the overwhelming majority of these kids would be considered B or C team kids in the travel lax world.
Summer lax used to be about getting better, playing with kids at or above your ability, and playing against tough competition. After a summer of this you go back to your town and wow the school coach!!
If you're in this so you or your son can say we won the "summer beach fest" you're missing the boat. That's for the Directors so they can promote the business.
I will tell you from experience, working hard on a B or C team, paying for some training, and hitting gym hard will go a long way. Believe it or not when your son gets a little older it will also start to get him some looks from some colleges as well. Yes, B and C team kids can find a way to get recruited too..... It takes a dedicated kid, plenty of parent time, and unfortunately some money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No this kid is a stud and has had Div 1 offers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Name the HS coach. Let the lacrosse world know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it all depends on the quality of the coaching at the B and C level. If the kids are getting good coaching and they are enjoying themselves, then its worth it. I have seen with a a lot of club team that they do neglect the B and C teams to a certain extent. Its buyer beware people, do whats best for your kid and have realistic expectations. My son and I have been through the "B" team thing and I can tell you i think it made my son a better player and made him work harder to be an A player. Whether or not clubs are using their B teams to subsidize the better teams remains to be seen, but regardless you have to make the best choice for your son. Bottom line, if the coaching is good, and hes with his friends and having fun, who cares if its A,B, or C. Every kid is different and you have to put your child in situations where he has the most opportunity to learn, succeed and progress as a player and a person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I seriously doubt a coach would out and out say that - if he did he would deserve to be fired, mostly for being stupid. The best players are going to play, but if your kid is not the best but pretty good and others on the team are also good and the other kids are playing and supporting the town teams (financially as well as joining) those other kids have an extra opportunity to perform for the coaches. It does not really matter if the pressure is real or perceived it is still there and if the pressure is felt by everybody, the perception becomes the reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it all depends on the quality of the coaching at the B and C level. If the kids are getting good coaching and they are enjoying themselves, then its worth it. I have seen with a a lot of club team that they do neglect the B and C teams to a certain extent. Its buyer beware people, do whats best for your kid and have realistic expectations. My son and I have been through the "B" team thing and I can tell you i think it made my son a better player and made him work harder to be an A player. Whether or not clubs are using their B teams to subsidize the better teams remains to be seen, but regardless you have to make the best choice for your son. Bottom line, if the coaching is good, and hes with his friends and having fun, who cares if its A,B, or C. Every kid is different and you have to put your child in situations where he has the most opportunity to learn, succeed and progress as a player and a person.

Good post. But, keep in mind that the lack of exposure for the B and C teams becomes a very big deal during the recruiting years and the stakes are much higher when determining how to allocate your dollars. On a similar note, given that the recruiting starts early now, they should not allow kids that have already committted to a college to play for an "A" team to give more opportunities for excellent "B" players to move up to the "A" and get exposure. I know they do this on the oldest team but they should consider that for the 2014s and 2015s now too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the owners and directors of 91,Jesters, fl$,Recon,True Blue ect. Should all buy MC a Christmas present this year, he is lining their pockets as well as the other Express Directors pockets (Why do they never get called out on any of this?) - fl$ raised the bar a few years ago as far as price and they got ripped to shreds but everybody followed them on the way up - now Express breaks through (more like rockets through) the $2,000 mark and while everybody is outraged I will bet that all the directors of competing clubs are already talking about what they can "Get" next year. Hopefully some of the smaller clubs will have success this year and become more desirable and we can all have some legitimate options going forward, next year we will hear about all the teams only charging $2,000...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
although cage and others suggestion to just out the coaches or programs, i hope we can all agree there is no upside to being the whistle blower in our society. The spin machines will make anyone out to be disgruntle in some way. We have all heard coaches who give kids that play (pay) with them over the summer the benefit of the doubt when it comes to playing time. The empty threats that they won't be able to help them get recruited. Its sad, they have lost most of their influence due to the early recruiting process and will bully kids and their parents to make them stay in bad town teams so they build "chemistry" while the coaches pad their pockets on top of the huge public pensions they enjoy. If I hear another coach say we need to keep the kids together so the bottom kids can get better, what about the best kids don't they deserve to play with better kids so they too can get better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
although cage and others suggestion to just out the coaches or programs, i hope we can all agree there is no upside to being the whistle blower in our society.
We are talking about youth lacrosse, not bringing down an international government. The bottom line is that allowing a coach to dictate what an amateur player is doing at the youth level is wrong on a myriad of levels; allowing it to happen as a parent is a second problem.

The spin machines will make anyone out to be disgruntle in some way. We have all heard coaches who give kids that play (pay) with them over the summer the benefit of the doubt when it comes to playing time.
Again, name the coach and the program. Is the benefit of the doubt due to money or better preparation? Let's name the program and look at the details.

The empty threats that they won't be able to help them get recruited.
Lacrosse parents need to cross the bridge that soccer parents did almost a decade back - you can personally control and manage the college recruitment cycle outside of the club structure. It is a matter of self-education and determination on behalf of your student-athlete. There is a fine line between working with the club on recruitment and abdicating your role in the recruitment cycle.

Its sad, they have lost most of their influence due to the early recruiting process and will bully kids and their parents to make them stay in bad town teams so they build chemistry" while the coaches pad their pockets on top of the huge public pensions they enjoy.
Top caliber players will never stay with "bad town teams". The whole premise makes no sense.

If I hear another coach say we need to keep the kids together so the bottom kids can get better, what about the best kids don't they deserve to play with better kids so they too can get better?
Which explains why there are "A", "B", and "C" teams along with different club options. Look, we can teach every eighth grade student in an Algebra class, but not all of them are going to make it to AP Calculus AB or BC come their senior year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
although cage and others suggestion to just out the coaches or programs, i hope we can all agree there is no upside to being the whistle blower in our society.
We are talking about youth lacrosse, not bringing down an international government. The bottom line is that allowing a coach to dictate what an amateur player is doing at the youth level is wrong on a myriad of levels; allowing it to happen as a parent is a second problem.

Well its easy to say when its not your child, believe me many parents are picking the lesser of two evils. and although its not international govt, it is public education (Gov't), the status qoe and if your serious you better have a good lawyer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its sad, they have lost most of their influence due to the early recruiting process and will bully kids and their parents to make them stay in bad town teams so they build chemistry" while the coaches pad their pockets on top of the huge public pensions they enjoy.
Top caliber players will never stay with "bad town teams". The whole premise makes no sense.

It takes a tremendous amount of courage to leave under the pressure, but I assure you even though it makes no sense its happening all over.

Look, we can teach every eighth grade student in an Algebra class, but not all of them are going to make it to AP Calculus AB or BC come their senior year.

One Algebra class?? c'mon sage!!! they separate the kids academically in elementary school! And you know why? so the smart kids can get smarter, WHAT an original idea. And for the kids that start in the lower classes they have the slimmest of chances of ever catching up. they even do it for the arts. Its only sports they (public schools)hold everyone back for, hence the creation of competitive for profit sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the 2018 team names?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps Coached by Chanenchuk/Lynott
Wolverines coached by Schwalje/Moran

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do those teams fall on the A, B, C scale? Seems as if the B/C team is getting some good coaching, which negates the often stated position that if a kid is not on A, then it's not worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait a minute, I thought Channy and Lynott were coaching the 2017 team Terps??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes...2017 & 2018 Terps

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Believe they are coaching 2017 and 2018 Terp teams and possibly 2016 Barracudas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are coaching all the teams.They want the hub money brother.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can they coach every team? I guess on paper they coach every team, provide some instruction to each team and then attach themselves to one specific? My husband coaches for another big club and there is no way he could coach 2 or 3 teams with the level of commitment he gives his players.

So basically everyone was promised this great coaching staff (which it is, no doubt) but you have to share them with 3 or 4 other grade levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can they coach every team? I guess on paper they coach every team, provide some instruction to each team and then attach themselves to one specific? My husband coaches for another big club and there is no way he could coach 2 or 3 teams with the level of commitment he gives his players.

So basically everyone was promised this great coaching staff (which it is, no doubt) but you have to share them with 3 or 4 other grade levels.

Does your husband have a full time job? MC's full time job is lacrosse. He will have no problem managing 2017 & 2018 Terps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. They have to fill 7 hours/day Monday-Friday and all day Sat/Sun at the Hub. They will set up practices so each team marches in and is coached by the same tandem of coaches. Comes spring/summer you will see them doing the 'tournament shuffle" from field to field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said , too many parents worry about winning at all cost and forget that these boys are just kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD

Believe they are coaching 2017 and 2018 Terp teams and possibly 2016 Barracudas

How would you know? Do you have kids on all 3 teams or all 3 grades?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My biggest issue with this travel lacrosse thing is having truly independent evaluations. The talk of teams being picked before the tryouts and looking for a midfielder here or an attackman there is BS. They are forcing you to have the best second grader around and get on an A team early. Any parent who watches closely these tryouts knows for the most part the fix is in. My son has a classmate who told him he didn't even need to tryout for the A team he was on last summer. For a player on a B team to break onto any A team (and we are not just talking about the Express here) that kid needs to show up in September being the next Matt Danowski. I once watched a tryout where a coach moved kids to the back of the line, so he could place all of his A attackmen together on a 3 on 2 drill. Or how about taking a kid on a team who has no business on it because they are interested in his little brother? They collect $50-$100, and have you monitor your email and/or their website like a mental patient, praying this year it will all be different. And it never is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be conflicts. didn't MC miss 2 out of 5 summer tournaments last year? Tri State double overtime loss to 91 in the championship was one of them. before you sign, ask him if he'll be there.

Does your husband have a full time job? MC's full time job is lacrosse. He will have no problem managing 2017 & 2018 Terps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My biggest issue with this travel lacrosse thing is having truly independent evaluations. The talk of teams being picked before the tryouts and looking for a midfielder here or an attackman there is BS. They are forcing you to have the best second grader around and get on an A team early. Any parent who watches closely these tryouts knows for the most part the fix is in. My son has a classmate who told him he didn't even need to tryout for the A team he was on last summer. For a player on a B team to break onto any A team (and we are not just talking about the Express here) that kid needs to show up in September being the next Matt Danowski. I once watched a tryout where a coach moved kids to the back of the line, so he could place all of his A attackmen together on a 3 on 2 drill. Or how about taking a kid on a team who has no business on it because they are interested in his little brother? They collect $50-$100, and have you monitor your email and/or their website like a mental patient, praying this year it will all be different. And it never is.

Dude , there are PLENTY of well coached less competitive travel teams out there. Join one. If over the next few years your kid develops ( and he will develop more with these teams becasuse they care about him and give him time ) then you can go back to these other teams

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 144 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard