BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 97 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 96 97
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. 2020 BBL beat 2020-ish Primetime last weekend in Del by one goal. Competitive but sloppy game for both sides.

FL$ 2020 made huge improvements last year and will be tough, but not un-beatable. They have played a cupcake schedule so far this fall.

Next Level is also very solid and on any given day could beat any of them.

This should be a very competitive bracket.

But bear in mind, it is only the fall season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will preds sweep agaian this weekend?

Next Level
BBL
fl$
Is BBL a good team?

Great battles last year with FL$. two one goal games and a tie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE or LIE North?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. 2020 BBL beat 2020-ish Primetime last weekend in Del by one goal. Competitive but sloppy game for both sides.

FL$ 2020 made huge improvements last year and will be tough, but not un-beatable. They have played a cupcake schedule so far this fall.

Next Level is also very solid and on any given day could beat any of them.

This should be a very competitive bracket.

But bear in mind, it is only the fall season.

BBL also lost on Sunday to the Outlaws from L.I., and they are not strong in the 2020 year at all.. Outlaws got soundly beat in their other 2 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL also lost on Sunday to the Outlaws from L.I., and they are not strong in the 2020 year at all.. Outlaws got soundly beat in their other 2 games.

So true. None of these teams has all the parts and answers. On any given day any of them can look terrific, or like crap, and often can do both on the same day!

And I think you find this often with teams a cut below the top level filled with kids trying to 'be seen'. Team concepts can get thrown out the window pretty quickly.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level clearly the best team in this bracket by a very wide margin i would say goal dif should be +25

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE or LIE North?

LIE North

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdback issue came full circle this weekend. The LI Express 2019 team beat the Ed*e team from Canada and it wasn't very close. They played dirty after being down 3-4 goals early and were never in the game. But, what stood out to me was how some of these kids used to be so physically imposing and were now just cheap shot artists who could no longer compete with kids who have caught up in development. Yes, they are still a year or two older but it doesn't matter anymore. No one needs to wonder why programs like Hopkins have been struggling, they have been recruiting kids like these and hoping it works out. The JH commit was hitting kids late and futility slashing. The kids said their coach apologized after the game for the cheap shots but regardless, the page has turned on that team. The result of playing against younger kids is standing out in the short term, so I guess until colleges stop recruiting so early, this will continue.

LIE North, not LIE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next Level
BBL
fl$

Evidently no

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next Level
BBL
fl$

They beat the For the Love of Money team and lost their other games.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime time swept . 2021, 2022, 2023. Divisions and went 500 at 2025

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nick, are you posting again? Welcome back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level clearly the best team in this bracket by a very wide margin i would say goal dif should be +25

How did they do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PrimeTime at Fall Bulldog showed despite the slow starts of many of their young teams the past couple years, by the time they start getting to 6th grade, PT teams start to pull ahead of other clubs. Players want to go where other top players have gone. Other clubs chipping away but not there yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PrimeTime at Fall Bulldog showed despite the slow starts of many of their young teams the past couple years, by the time they start getting to 6th grade, PT teams start to pull ahead of other clubs. Players want to go where other top players have gone. Other clubs chipping away but not there yet.

Leading the holdback push not really something to celebrate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You won a B tournament..Great job!!!!

Leading the holdback push not really something to celebrate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relative to what. ? b tourney. ? Ok. So wasn't 91 crush. Or bandits or whatever. But good showing of local teams. Jerk off- wasn't empire , fighting ducks either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

slow down. No eclipse, BBL, Express, 92, Igloo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is BBL a good program? First time I saw themn was at Trilogy Tournament, and people here said that it is a C tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Freshman (2020's)
Pool 6
Team.........W....L...T...GD...GA...GS
FL$............2....1...0...3....15...18
Next Level...2....1...0...6....11...17
BBL............1....2...0...-3...21...18
Predators....1....2...0...-6...19...13

As I expected, it was a very competitive pool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Yorktown boys had a fun day of lacrosse at the Gobbler Games on Sunday. Three exciting games and lots of laughs. Thanks to the John Jay guys for running the event and handing out those shiny trophies and medals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Yorktown boys had a fun day of lacrosse at the Gobbler Games on Sunday. Three exciting games and lots of laughs. Thanks to the John Jay guys for running the event and handing out those shiny trophies and medals.

Nice day for Yorktown 8th grade upsetting Prime Time, I mean John Jay. Gobbler was a lot of fun but unfortunately many "town teams" had more than a few out of town elite club players. Once again proving that people have abandoned playing among their friends from town just so they can show how awesome their club buddies are. The fun continues to get sucked out of the game. Oh, and Yorktown won because despite being half the size they played like a team rather than the Prime Time, I mean John Jay, approach of just trying to pound it in one on one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting....heard it was a fun day...lots of touches..fast paced 7v7. Anyone witness the 7 th grade championship game? Heard it was pretty intense!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice day for Yorktown 8th grade upsetting Prime Time, I mean John Jay. Gobbler was a lot of fun but unfortunately many "town teams" had more than a few out of town elite club players. Once again proving that people have abandoned playing among their friends from town just so they can show how awesome their club buddies are. The fun continues to get sucked out of the game. Oh, and Yorktown won because despite being half the size they played like a team rather than the Prime Time, I mean John Jay, approach of just trying to pound it in one on one.
I'm guessing most of the Yorktown kids play for the Ballers, no? But yes, the JJ/PT one on one style of lacrosse continues to serve them well against Yorktown at all levels. They always seem have one anointed superstar at each grade level. That being said, Gobbler Games are just meant to be a fun, fast paced day of lacrosse at the end of the season. Which they are, and getting better each year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm guessing most of the Yorktown kids play for the Ballers, no? But yes, the JJ/PT one on one style of lacrosse continues to serve them well against Yorktown at all levels. They always seem have one anointed superstar at each grade level. That being said, Gobbler Games are just meant to be a fun, fast paced day of lacrosse at the end of the season. Which they are, and getting better each year.

I believe he was highlighting the JJ roster was far more PrimeTime than John Jay. Yorktown was all kids from YAC. Town team. I hope this fun little tournament doesn't turn into full blown, win at all cost rosters stuffed with club team players from all over the region. It should be town teams playing against other town teams as it was intended and advertised. If it does continue to morph into club rosters, it will ruin the spirit of the games. Our kids play in enough of those tournaments and we'd be inclined to stay home next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 2-3 play for the Balllers, some play for Prime Time some for Express, some don't play travel at all.... but... they are all Yorktown kids.. Fun local tournament.. wish their were more like it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was 3 non John Jay kids on the team, apparently because they couldn't get enough JJ kids to play.

Who cares anyway, Yorktown beat them fair and square, they played great as someone mentioned earlier. And its supposed to be a fun tournament which it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was 3 non John Jay kids on the team, apparently because they couldn't get enough JJ kids to play.

Who cares anyway, Yorktown beat them fair and square, they played great as someone mentioned earlier. And its supposed to be a fun tournament which it is.

It should be pointed out that the JJ program does not organize teams for this event, parents in each grade do the organizing. The JJ program will stress the point of town teams only next year. Hopefully everyone had a fun day of lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6th grade had no ringers (or at least any that I could randomly figure out). I think the 2023 teams from this area know and respect each other well so pulling stuff to win nice little 7v7 tournament would get called out fast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you were there??? The John Jay team had 3 outside players, two that play on PT the other for Eclipse....so what? JJ did not have enough players due to the holiday, who else is out there that they should have called that would make you happy??

What you failed to see was that both teams were having a ball, they are all friends and it was a great, competitive game! Why are you looking to cause trouble where there is none? Parents hugged each other afterward...,you're a jaxkass.

Way to put a bad spin on what was a fun day of lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you were there??? The John Jay team had 3 outside players, two that play on PT the other for Eclipse....so what? JJ did not have enough players due to the holiday, who else is out there that they should have called that would make you happy??

What you failed to see was that both teams were having a ball, they are all friends and it was a great, competitive game! Why are you looking to cause trouble where there is none? Parents hugged each other afterward...,you're a jaxkass.

I thought it was interesting to contrast the two styles of play exhibited by the teams. One was fundamentally sound, the other was showboating at every opportunity. One team was playing "we" ball, the other "me" ball Guess who won?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown won by 2, they played smarter / better lacrosse! JJ 8 took way many stupid shots shots which in a normal format they'd get the ball back and not cause the turnovers. Yorktown moved the ball well, also interesting to note the 2 biggest offenders were 2 of the outside kids...one a PT kid and the other from Eclipse. The jj8 kid with 4 goals in that game was 22 the JJ attack kid who was playing left and yes he's a PT kid too but was not "playing typical PT ball"

The fact remains that all the boys had fun win or lose!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and so it begins, sure a fun day, love those, but if outsiders used it will be called out on here, try to justify it all you want...
just please try and keep the kids jersey numbers out of it, where they can be singled out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and so it begins, sure a fun day, love those, but if outsiders used it will be called out on here, try to justify it all you want...
just please try and keep the kids jersey numbers out of it, where they can be singled out.
Wait..next someone will come on here and suggest JJ8 had a PT holdback playing for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait..next someone will come on here and suggest JJ8 had a PT holdback playing for them.

Gobbler Games has always been viewed as a fun first, second and third tournament. Sure its competitive but its between town teams. If its morphing into a win at all cost event, we won't be back. Yorktown Dad & organizer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gobbler Games has always been viewed as a fun first, second and third tournament. Sure its competitive but its between town teams. If its morphing into a win at all cost event, we won't be back. Yorktown Dad & organizer.
Since the only Yorktown team that came was an 8th grade team, and as the Gobbler Games does not include 9th grade and higher....it's not too difficult to say you wont be back....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown Dad AND organizer?? Maybe one... not both.. shame on you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a Yorktown Dad with more than one son in the program. I'm hoping my younger son gets a chance to play in future Gobbler games. Keep it fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since the only Yorktown team that came was an 8th grade team, and as the Gobbler Games does not include 9th grade and higher....it's not too difficult to say you wont be back....

Another know it all that doesn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a Yorktown Dad with more than one son in the program. I'm hoping my younger son gets a chance to play in future Gobbler games. Keep it fun.

So am I. Please keep it fun, that's the draw.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 97 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard