BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 33 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I will tell you this, what CR did was she gave girls already in her program a chance to crack A as the parents were applying the pressure for their kids to be bumped up. Notice there was no non YJ'ers our outsiders added to the top team. The team practically remained the same except for the ones that were moved up from B and rightfully so, if you are moving kids up to plug slots, the first place you should look is within your own program. Prior years had girls moving from other clubs (I.E TG)that the TG parents including the Pequa dad who practically breathed down CR's back and practically bought there way in to get on A and hasn't made much of an impact or lived up to the hype. This also caused many on B to be overlooked. Seems like YJ is now trying to promote from within.

Promoting from within doesn't go overlooked by the families in the program however if she has a chance to blow up other competitive teams like in years past by making a deal in a parking lot at a summer tournament she will continue to do it why? Because its smart business. Make the competition weak while making YJ stronger.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two A teams in certain age groups is a brilliant idea. Parents and kids are eating it up. Congratulations Yellow Jacket nation! Great Job!!! Spring cant come fast enough for us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I will tell you this, what CR did was she gave girls already in her program a chance to crack A as the parents were applying the pressure for their kids to be bumped up. Notice there was no non YJ'ers our outsiders added to the top team. The team practically remained the same except for the ones that were moved up from B and rightfully so, if you are moving kids up to plug slots, the first place you should look is within your own program. Prior years had girls moving from other clubs (I.E TG)that the TG parents including the Pequa dad who practically breathed down CR's back and practically bought there way in to get on A and hasn't made much of an impact or lived up to the hype. This also caused many on B to be overlooked. Seems like YJ is now trying to promote from within.

The girl going to UNC isn't an impact player? Clearly you haven't seen her play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two A teams in certain age groups is a brilliant idea. Parents and kids are eating it up. Congratulations Yellow Jacket nation! Great Job!!! Spring cant come fast enough for us!

I think the purpose of the two "A" teams is for the brackets those teams will play in for the summer. There will be a definite difference in playing levels from one team to the next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There have always been two A teams in the 2020 age group. I would bet the 2nd team beats the 1st team at least a third of the games so that's no B team. Hopefully they start doing some things as one big unit or is that a pipe dream?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is an alternate?

Really?

Yes. Will CR recruit more girls to form E team=more money? Do they get placed on another team if someone doesn't accept their spot? Do they just fade away? Thank you.

From website (below). I'm sure she'll find a spot for them - what's 27 when you already have 26 on a roster? Only question is 2021 E team that needs a coach and 2 goalies.

"Alternates: Will be emailed regarding open permanent spots based on positions beginning Sunday January 8th, 2017. Alternates can choose to remain as YJ practice players too if they wish. Open spots become available throughout the summer and they will be rostered at those tourneys."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I will tell you this, what CR did was she gave girls already in her program a chance to crack A as the parents were applying the pressure for their kids to be bumped up. Notice there was no non YJ'ers our outsiders added to the top team. The team practically remained the same except for the ones that were moved up from B and rightfully so, if you are moving kids up to plug slots, the first place you should look is within your own program. Prior years had girls moving from other clubs (I.E TG)that the TG parents including the Pequa dad who practically breathed down CR's back and practically bought there way in to get on A and hasn't made much of an impact or lived up to the hype. This also caused many on B to be overlooked. Seems like YJ is now trying to promote from within.

The girl going to UNC isn't an impact player? Clearly you haven't seen her play.

Well if throwing your body weight around and barreling through everyone and a dad that forces her on every coach is your thing then sure.

What are u saying? She is on a team. Her cousin is on b

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't quit your day job. You sound ignorant and jealous. If you have such an issue with the girls play and her dad you should confront them. Let me know how that goes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one said she is not a great player the question is did she make their team any better. I say not really.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if throwing your body weight around and barreling through everyone and a dad that forces her on every coach is your thing then sure.

She was a major standout when younger and on TG. Very often you see the kids that are large and physical standout early. You also see kids with accelerated skills at an early age stand out. Both in this case. Sometimes they stay ahead, sometimes the rest catch up. That's the problem with early recruiting, she may turn out to be a stud in college, but she may also get swollowed up by the rest of her peers as skills and size catch up, which is starting to happen.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you feel better now? I'm glad you got it off your chest. Have a happy holiday and peace be with you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation has been slanderous regarding this young girl.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation has been slanderous regarding this young girl.

Slanderous , no not really . Gross and inappropriate, probably .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am laughing how Pequa' is supposedly "glad she is not there anymore"....
Somehow, if the best 2020 on LI and possibly in NY is in your district, you make it work. And I am relatively sure that the Head Coach at Pequa' aint real thrilled that she wont be suiting up for her team this year.
The only folks glad are the ones who talk crap about her.
We played travel hoops with her and summer lax, and she is the real deal--and has been for # of years. Just acknowledge that she is that much better than the rest and will more than likely always be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am laughing how Pequa' is supposedly "glad she is not there anymore"....
Somehow, if the best 2020 on LI and possibly in NY is in your district, you make it work. And I am relatively sure that the Head Coach at Pequa' aint real thrilled that she wont be suiting up for her team this year.
The only folks glad are the ones who talk crap about her.
We played travel hoops with her and summer lax, and she is the real deal--and has been for # of years. Just acknowledge that she is that much better than the rest and will more than likely always be.

The best girl on LI is committed to BC and way better then the infamous girl.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one said she is not a great player the question is did she make their team any better. I say not really.

Maybe if they passed her the ball without the coach yelling get the ball to ... and clear out the 8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe if they passed her the ball without the coach yelling get the ball to ... and clear out the 8.

That's unfair its club lacrosse, when the girls do pass its against their parents orders. Club Lax will always be an individual game in all clubs. Everyone wants to get recruited

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. 1st wave of commits in this grade has started in earnest. Does it feel (is it for real) even faster than the 2019s? What is the best combination of super high academics and at least a shot at a final four type D1 team? the short list that pops into my mind includes Duke, Northwestern, ND? Any others. And I know, I will be told my kid can't go to any of them. But I can dream, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are sick in the head . Talking about a 14 year old kid this way! Get a life !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the two A teams practice as a group of 30? Will rosters be interchangeable?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Princeton ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the two A teams practice as a group of 30? Will rosters be interchangeable?

No and No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Princeton ?

Not making the final 4. Gets the academics mark bigtime, just not high enough on the lax.

I say best combination is Northwestern.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No and No

I wonder why not? I think it would be a great idea for all 30

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Princeton ?

Not making the final 4. Gets the academics mark bigtime, just not high enough on the lax.

Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Duke, Johns Hoplins, Northwestern and Notre Dame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No and No

I wonder why not? I think it would be a great idea for all 30

More like 50 if you're talking about YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have a complete list of schools adding girls lax in 2017, 2018 and 2019?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its been happening for years interchangeable lineups!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its been happening for years interchangeable lineups!!!

What's been happening for years? and what's an interchangeable lineup.. Never heard of this at YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Princeton ?

Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Duke, Johns Hoplins, Northwestern and Notre Dame.

Good list. I don't think Stanford, Princeton, JH have a realistic shot at final 4s anymore. Stanford won't get past USC let alone the rest. Princeton is at best a 10-20 team now and might fall back a bit. JH definitely not a top 4 type team. Having said all of that, would be thrilled to have my daughter go to any of these places of course.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. 1st wave of commits in this grade has started in earnest. Does it feel (is it for real) even faster than the 2019s? What is the best combination of super high academics and at least a shot at a final four type D1 team? the short list that pops into my mind includes Duke, Northwestern, ND? Any others. And I know, I will be told my kid can't go to any of them. But I can dream, right?

Don't listen to anyone who tell you that your daughter can't go to any of them.

Personally, I would encourage my daughter to make academics the top priority but to each her own.

If your daughter is a great lacrosse player with great grades she will be able to choose whatever school she wants.

If she is a good lacrosse player with great grades she will also have options at the highest academic schools.

If she is a great lacrosse player with decent grades she will have some incredible options but might not be able to select one of the top academic schools.

Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Duke, Hopkins, Northwestern, Notre Dame are the top academic schools which have the best chance at getting to the Final Four.

Obviously, Harvard, Yale, Columbia are all Top 10 academic universities.

Dartmouth, Brown, Cornell, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Cal Berkely are considered top 20 universities by US News and all have competitive lacrosse programs.

Southern Cal, Virginia, Michigan, North Carolina, Boston College, William & Mary all come in ranked 32 or lower for National Universities.

Pretty incredible list of schools to choose from. Yes, I know there are a lot of other really great schools and there is a fit for everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello everyone,
Is it possible to post a list of the top 5 lacrosse programs on the Island?
Without this being a YJ/TG battle ??
I would like to know what are the best programs on the A island that Give your daughter/s good coaching,Touranments?
Thank you in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello everyone,
I would like to know what are the best programs on the A island that Give your daughter/s good coaching,Touranments?
Thank you in advance

If your daughter is in 9th grade and you are currently not on a travel team, first of all it's too late for most the better programs for next summer. Second, if she is new to travel, she probably does not have the skills to be on YJ or TG. There may be some other clubs that still could have spots, but they will not be at the same level. Liberty, 89+2, lgcy, Igloo could have openings if you email the director

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance

Ok YJ dad I'll bite...
In totality based on kids and coaching here is my list but EVERY club has some real coaching stinkers and the YJ's might have the most bad coaches just based on their size-
1. YJ's
2/3 tie Top Guns / Liberty
4/5 tie Wave / Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the suggestion that the A and B team be interchangeable. pretty sure that's a suggestion coming from a B mommy. face it...your child didn't make the A team this year. sell that b.s. elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the suggestion that the A and B team be interchangeable. pretty sure that's a suggestion coming from a B mommy. face it...your child didn't make the A team this year. sell that b.s. elsewhere.

A director said having two A teams was going to make transit between teams much easier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance

Ok YJ dad I'll bite...
In totality based on kids and coaching here is my list but EVERY club has some real coaching stinkers and the YJ's might have the most bad coaches just based on their size-
1. YJ's
2/3 tie Top Guns / Liberty
4/5 tie Wave / Legacy

what is zumnuts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This past summer in Indiana the difference between the two YJ 2020 teams was really dramatic. Our daughter's team played both of them at the tournament and I was at both games as a spectator. Presumably these were the top two 2020 teams YJ put together.

YJ "Gold" was decent, fine, not great, nothing special, would have been pretty run-of-the-mill back in MD.

YJ "Blue", the winners of the tournament, were absolutely next level. I have seen all the legit 2020 teams... Heros Green, M&D Black, Integrity, etc.... and this YJ Blue team was the best 2020 team I have ever seen, not an ounce of doubt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
My daughter is not new I am not a YJ dad. It's a simple question.
Parents actually come on here for help. So again I'm asking if anyone could just simply list who they think are the best. I don't understand why everything is a problem on this site?
My daughter is/was on TG. High school!

Thank you in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This past summer in Indiana the difference between the two YJ 2020 teams was really dramatic. Our daughter's team played both of them at the tournament and I was at both games as a spectator. Presumably these were the top two 2020 teams YJ put together.

YJ "Gold" was decent, fine, not great, nothing special, would have been pretty run-of-the-mill back in MD.

YJ "Blue", the winners of the tournament, were absolutely next level. I have seen all the legit 2020 teams... Heros Green, M&D Black, Integrity, etc.... and this YJ Blue team was the best 2020 team I have ever seen, not an ounce of doubt.

Then why can't they beat the best MD teams?

Page 17 of 33 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard