BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 51 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the Looney's hype is because of the face-off kid(UNC). Without him they loose to most of the teams on the top 10 list. They already lose to FCA every time, but they're still ranked ahead…

And he is not as dominant as he was a couple years ago, all the top fogos compete well against him now. Maybe cause he's a holdback and others caught up?

Priceless.

not a Looneys parent here. This kid is good. will play varsity for McDonough this year. not just make the team, but play. holdback or not, he will compete and do very well in the MIAA this spring.

OK Dad

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your facts. Looneys plays without the fogo frequently and wins tourneys still.also they have beaten fca the majority of the time the past few years.yes, it is a good rivalry but looneys has had more success

I have coached against Looney's in past tournaments in Pa and when their FOGO is not there the have two middies, #17 and #6 who do face offs and while they are not FOGO's, they hold their own against other teams FOGO's. And they still win without their FOGO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their FOGO is good and Looneys Bar is good with or without him. Pass the wings...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their FOGO is good and Looneys Bar is good with or without him. Pass the wings...

You seem to be misinformed. It is Looney's Pub, not bar. Need to get your facts straight.
Same as two other establishments that sponsor youth club teams, Green Turtle Sports Bar and Grill --Green Turtle Lax Club and Koopers Tavern--Koopers Lax club.
All are fine establishments and all are nice youth lacrosse clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty drops new commit for 20s. D to Penn State. Flood gates opening for Fall Ball? Things drying up?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"What no Igloo"

Igloo took a few steps back this year...
Igloo lost to NXT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty drops new commit for 20s. D to Penn State. Flood gates opening for Fall Ball? Things drying up?

A bunch of Ivies coming. Yale, Princeton, Cornell, Penn getting ready

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Ty didn't play lacrosse and didn't go to Alabama - poseur

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the end of the NH Tomahawks team donkey punching the FCA team at Sunday of NXT. Bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled wins. FCA has great coaching, balanced play, IQ but spread them out onto other teams and the same three kids stand out.

Wonder if the lawn chairs saw the bigger, faster, stronger NH Tomahawks FOGO push the FCA FOGO into the Tomahawks sideline? Pretty sure they did see it as well as the other unsportsmanlike "plays" he made. Trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I saw the end of the NH Tomahawks team donkey punching the FCA team at Sunday of NXT. Bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled wins. FCA has great coaching, balanced play, IQ but spread them out onto other teams and the same three kids stand out.

Wonder if the lawn chairs saw the bigger, faster, stronger NH Tomahawks FOGO push the FCA FOGO into the Tomahawks sideline? Pretty sure they did see it as well as the other unsportsmanlike "plays" he made. Trouble.

I'd say the FCA second teamers put up a strong showing against the NHT. Good for those kids and good for the FCA coaching staff who put the recruiting tourney perspective ahead of any over zealous desire to win the 18th game of a meaningless fall season. Well done.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whenever fca loses it is an excuse. They were missing 3 kids only. Tomahawks beat theme. Just once admit you can lose to a good team fca. Unbelievable how you make excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA - holdback central. Catching up to the Crabs...

Field on age team for gawds sake...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whenever fca loses it is an excuse. They were missing 3 kids only. Tomahawks beat theme. Just once admit you can lose to a good team fca. Unbelievable how you make excuses.

Yep, NHT beat FCA this fall on a day when we were missing kids due to football (for the record it was more than 3) and the rest of our kids played horribly. You deserved to win that game but we can't until the summer. See you on the sidelines!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, NHT beat FCA this fall on a day when we were missing kids due to football (for the record it was more than 3) and the rest of our kids played horribly. You deserved to win that game but we can't until the summer. See you on the sidelines!

In other words FCA was missing most or all of their holdbacks. Do I have that right? I believe I do. I believe that is what you are trying to say, but don't have the courage to say it. FCA is quickly catching up to Crabs as the king/leader in holdbacks. So much for a Christian attitude, it really doesn't belong in your name. The C in FCA would be better at Cheating than Christian.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the brine tryout today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In other words FCA was missing most or all of their holdbacks. Do I have that right? I believe I do. I believe that is what you are trying to say, but don't have the courage to say it. FCA is quickly catching up to Crabs as the king/leader in holdbacks. So much for a Christian attitude, it really doesn't belong in your name. The C in FCA would be better at Cheating than Christian.

Nothing un-Christian about admitting defeat and inviting competition. As Proverbs 27:17 says, "as iron sharpens iron so one person sharpens another." Game on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing un-Christian about admitting defeat and inviting competition. As Proverbs 27:17 says, "as iron sharpens iron so one person sharpens another." Game on!

Sorry, but the un Christian comes from FCA following Crabs lead and gaming the system and seeking holdbacks for their teams, like their 2020 blue. I realize all teams have a few holdbacks but FCA is now making this part of their business model, just like Crabs.
So you can quote all the proverbs you want, doesn't change the new image of FCA and the disrespect it is now getting. Don't hide behind religion, it's not very becoming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know they are using hold backs? What burden of proof are you using to prove this allegation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know they are using hold backs? What burden of proof are you using to prove this allegation?

Wonder what club the pot stirrers kid belongs to, because ALL the good clubs have hold backs. Even if you have one, your club director is condoning this and you are too by playing there. Please stop your whining. And , no my kid is NOT a holdback, just sick of hearing about this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Burden of proof??? Stop trying to use legal terms when it is obvious you have absolutely no idea what then mean and how to apply them.
It is a known fact, no proof needed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wonder what club the pot stirrers kid belongs to, because ALL the good clubs have hold backs. Even if you have one, your club director is condoning this and you are too by playing there. Please stop your whining. And , no my kid is NOT a holdback, just sick of hearing about this

Sure, you kid is not a holdback. Just love the "I'm doing the right thing dads". Complete joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sir are a liar! You make a baseless statement and expect all to take it as fact. Again, you are nothing more than a disgusting filthy liar! You should be both embarrassed and ashamed of yourself!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, but the un Christian comes from FCA following Crabs lead and gaming the system and seeking holdbacks for their teams, like their 2020 blue. I realize all teams have a few holdbacks but FCA is now making this part of their business model, just like Crabs.
So you can quote all the proverbs you want, doesn't change the new image of FCA and the disrespect it is now getting. Don't hide behind religion, it's not very becoming.

I am a parent of an FCA player. You may compare FCA and Crabs, but to me, the clubs are very different. You mention a business model. Crabs are "for profit" & FCA is "not for profit". The fees paid for FCA go directly to fund club activities. My son plays for FCA (and has for some time) because of what FCA provides that is different from other clubs. They have a competitive team, playing (in our opinion) the right amount of games. They give players opportunities to grow mentally, physically & spiritually. Weekend retreats, weekly HS bible studies (the "C" in FCA), community service projects, recruiting seminars, and mentoring are all part of the experience. Does the 2020 Blue team have hold backs? yes, a few, but not as many as you think. Do they have players with late summer birthdays that attended pre-first or delayed kindergarten? yes, a few, but many of these boys have played on older teams most of time.

You can compare the two clubs if all of the above happen. I am not sure it does though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a parent of an FCA player. You may compare FCA and Crabs, but to me, the clubs are very different. You mention a business model. Crabs are "for profit" & FCA is "not for profit". The fees paid for FCA go directly to fund club activities. My son plays for FCA (and has for some time) because of what FCA provides that is different from other clubs. They have a competitive team, playing (in our opinion) the right amount of games. They give players opportunities to grow mentally, physically & spiritually. Weekend retreats, weekly HS bible studies (the "C" in FCA), community service projects, recruiting seminars, and mentoring are all part of the experience. Does the 2020 Blue team have hold backs? yes, a few, but not as many as you think. Do they have players with late summer birthdays that attended pre-first or delayed kindergarten? yes, a few, but many of these boys have played on older teams most of time.

You can compare the two clubs if all of the above happen. I am not sure it does though

Also, at this point, these players are freshman in high school. To continue to talk about hold backs now that all are competing against older players (for those trying to make their varsity squads) a few years older seems odd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your new lefty Attackman (Ohio State Commit) is a Jan 2001 birthday. That's closer to late summer 2000 than it is to late summer 2001. Right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your new lefty Attackman (Ohio State Commit) is a Jan 2001 birthday. That's closer to late summer 2000 than it is to late summer 2001. Right?

see the sentence before the late summer birthday sentence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs Lacrosse is also a "not for profit" club. However, their tournaments, which are organized by none other than king crab himself, Ryan McClernan is a "for profit" and is run separate than the teams. He has made a bundle of money over the years on tournaments.
The business model referred to above is how Crabs seeks out holdbacks to bring into their organization/teams and it appears to many that FCA is taking this same path, for several of their teams.
Again, everyone realizes all clubs have a few holdbacks, but when you see a team making attempts to build a team of holdbacks, that takes on a different look and feel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for profit vs for profit does not mean a darn thing. It's irrelevant to the discussion. It's all a business. Dont kid yourself. FCA MD is a feeder program to Calvert Hall. Calvert Hall is in the MIAA which sports programs (with the exception of St. Mary's/Spalding) are full of single and double holdback kids. Stop pretending that FCA is less dirty than Crabs because they only have a few holdbacks. They play the holdback game with the best of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, at this point, these players are freshman in high school. To continue to talk about hold backs now that all are competing against older players (for those trying to make their varsity squads) a few years older seems odd.

Well, not really. Those trying to make their varsity squads are playing UP. No one has argued against that. We're talking about playing DOWN in age to have an advantage. It would be like Juniors and Seniors trying to play JV so they could be "the man." That would be a sad reflection on those players and the adults allowing them to do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a few hold backs give me a break . These kids drive themselves to the tnmts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sir are a liar! You make a baseless statement and expect all to take it as fact. Again, you are nothing more than a disgusting filthy liar! You should be both embarrassed and ashamed of yourself!

Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never harm me! Now, that said, I am neither embarrassed or ashamed of myself, not in the least. How can I be when I speak nothing but the truth. Now should we do Mary had a little lamb??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you have no idea what you are talking about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What truth?? You present no facts and expect it to be taken as such! Expand upon what you are writing, facts, the truth must contain facts, you provide none, LIAR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never harm me! Now, that said, I am neither embarrassed or ashamed of myself, not in the least. How can I be when I speak nothing but the truth. Now should we do Mary had a little lamb??

". . . I am neither embarrassed NOR ashamed . . . "

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What truth?? You present no facts and expect it to be taken as such! Expand upon what you are writing, facts, the truth must contain facts, you provide none, LIAR [/quote] It's possible you touched a nerve !! 😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nerve, to talk about nerve when one lies ! Have you know shame sir?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

". . . I am neither embarrassed NOR ashamed . . . "

That's what happens with auto fill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What truth?? You present no facts and expect it to be taken as such! Expand upon what you are writing, facts, the truth must contain facts, you provide none, LIAR

Before you go calling people a liar, why don't you release the roster of FCA 2020's, with the date of birth for each player. Then we can all see just how many holdbacks FCA has. According to you there are just a few. Now that is a damn down right lie. YOU are the one making these claims of only a few, so prove it. If you can't or won't then we would have to assume you are the LIAR.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok-that was just stupid and is TOTALLY UNTRUE!
And let's review since we haven't done so this week....lacrosse is a grade based system. If a new kid who repeated a grade two years ago shows up for your tryout, would you tell him that he can't even though he's entering the same grade as the other kids on the field?
And if you're not from The Baltimore area, you probably don't fully understand the pre-first phenomenon that makes many kids older for a current grade. Pre-first decisions are not made to gain an athletic advantage; they're made to gain academic ground and psychological maturity. Every single school and every single club team (even the not-so-competitive ones) in the Baltimore area has some of these kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok-that was just stupid and is TOTALLY UNTRUE!
And let's review since we haven't done so this week....lacrosse is a grade based system. If a new kid who repeated a grade two years ago shows up for your tryout, would you tell him that he can't even though he's entering the same grade as the other kids on the field?
And if you're not from The Baltimore area, you probably don't fully understand the pre-first phenomenon that makes many kids older for a current grade. Pre-first decisions are not made to gain an athletic advantage; they're made to gain academic ground and psychological maturity. Every single school and every single club team (even the not-so-competitive ones) in the Baltimore area has some of these kids.

Not every school in the Baltimore area-only the private schools who believe they can keep manipulating things to fit with their agendas. some pre firsts are indeed done in the hopes of athletic advantage and then you have the middle school holdbacks which all also claim to be for academic reasons. They make the true on age kids at privates and the public school kids appear to be painted with the same brush which is far from accurate. FCA now has one of the oldest 2020s in the country and several one year older kids.

Page 19 of 51 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard