BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,617
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 266 of 327 1 2 264 265 266 267 268 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Rosters are out, not enough movement

The 2023 team made minimal changes after a disastrous season last summer. Looks like it's going to be another horrible year led by the daddy coach.

One of the girls that moved down was one of the biggest, strongest players, big mistake losing her due to a poor tryout! one of the girls who moved up was very mediocre last year on B. Will be the same team essentially, which means get ready to be smoked by the MD teams once again.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the remaining rosters be posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2023 team made minimal changes after a disastrous season last summer. Looks like it's going to be another horrible year led by the daddy coach.

One of the girls that moved down was one of the biggest, strongest players, big mistake losing her due to a poor tryout! one of the girls who moved up was very mediocre last year on B. Will be the same team essentially, which means get ready to be smoked by the MD teams once again.

They had all summer to tryout and decision was made well before and doubt a bad tryout had any influence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Rosters are out, not enough movement

One of the girls that moved down was one of the biggest, strongest players, big mistake losing her due to a poor tryout! one of the girls who moved up was very mediocre last year on B. Will be the same team essentially, which means get ready to be smoked by the MD teams once again

The YJ A team will be in for another disappointing summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rosters for 2021 is funniest thing I have seen , brilliant marketing strategy though. kudos to whoever thought of that!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is where giving the so called best kids the lowest numbers screws everyone. The scarlet letter has been put on lots of girls moving down with a very low jersey number after drinking the kool aid and paying in through the [lacrosse]! When will people learn its only about the directors quit sucking up and paying in. they are laughing at us as they drink to the bank

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rosters for 2021 is funniest thing I have seen , brilliant marketing strategy though. kudos to whoever thought of that!

That is pretty funny. And pretty silly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait the color code for all ages, That's too funny! Do they think that will appease B-E teams?? They really don't think much of these parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 is even funnier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Marketing ???? will they return to being competitive with M&D ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a bunch of you Yellow Jacket Parents are going to tear me up about posting this on a Yellow Jacket thread, How I should mind my own business, stop trolling, get a life...

You all do this to yourselves,
You sell your sole to C.R. and the Bee,
You all get caught up in being the best, and not doing what is best for your daughters

Yellow Jackets will always be very political throughout all age groups with whatever town is dominate in the age group, or what ever parent group seizes control.

If you really want to see where your daughter stands go to Liberty
Yes it is very Manhasset heavy
Yes you will get a fare shake (don't believe the hype, don't be afraid or intimidated by other Y.J. parents)
Yes your daughter will be looked t by every major school
Yes the parents are very nice and friendly
No they do not care where you come from
Yes your child will be coached by one of the best coaches in the game ( D.G. is at every practice for every age group, and splits her time well)

Liberty carries only 2 teams per age, but if you truly think your daughter is that good have no fear, many 'set girls are on red(B) or cut outright, being from 'set does not guarantee a spot on Black(A).

No I am not D.G. or any other coach from Liberty , just a parent, not from 'set that saw the light and my duaghter was very happy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there truth to the rumor that if you live in Northport your daughter has to play Yellow Jackets and if you don't she will not be able to play on Varsity?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Online Content
Chief Admin
Is there truth to the rumor that if you live in Northport your daughter has to play Yellow Jackets and if you don't she will not be able to play on Varsity?

I have heard that story more than once....so many times that I believe it is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a bunch of you Yellow Jacket Parents are going to tear me up about posting this on a Yellow Jacket thread, How I should mind my own business, stop trolling, get a life...

You all get caught up in being the best, and not doing what is best for your daughters

Yellow Jackets will always be very political throughout all age groups with whatever town is dominate in the age group, or what ever parent group seizes control.

Yes you will get a fare shake (don't believe the hype, don't be afraid or intimidated by other Y.J. parents)
Yes your child will be coached by one of the best coaches in the game ( D.G. is at every practice for every age group, and splits her time well)

Liberty carries only 2 teams per age, but if you truly think your daughter is that good have no fear, many 'set girls are on red(B) or cut outright, being from 'set does not guarantee a spot on Black(A).

No I am not D.G. or any other coach from Liberty , just a parent, not from 'set that saw the light and my duaghter was very happy

Not sure many 2021 parents would agree. Lots of politics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

I have heard that story more than once....so many times that I believe it is true.

If it's true, it's a sad situation for the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost you at "sole". I don't know what shoes have to do with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost you at "sole". I don't know what shoes have to do with it.

There it is the YJ parent we all hate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain I don't see it??

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

I he

I heard it directly from Northport relatives who had daughters who played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What it is, is brilliant marketing. Putting it out there as 2 A teams and 2 B teams means 2x as many dads get to chest pound that his daughter is on blue, 2x as many others get to say their daughter is on Gold which can be rationalized by daddy in a better light than a C,or D team.
Yellow Jackets get to keep more money by selling the teams this way. Clever on their part if the people buy into it. In actuality though, it is nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
deja vu 2011
Real blue vs fake blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What it is, is brilliant marketing. Putting it out there as 2 A teams and 2 B teams means 2x as many dads get to chest pound that his daughter is on blue, 2x as many others get to say their daughter is on Gold which can be rationalized by daddy in a better light than a C,or D team.
Yellow Jackets get to keep more money by selling the teams this way. Clever on their part if the people buy into it. In actuality though, it is nonsense.

Brilliant? Do you really think people are that dopey? C'mon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me, anyone who is on the second team knows exactly where they stand in the yellow jacket organization. There are no delusions of grandeur that CR calling the B team blue makes it any more valuable to the club. B, C, D, etc. are simply farm teams for A. Players called up when needed, but ignored the rest of the time. No amount of "loyalty" or years of excellent play will earn you an A team spot if you are not a) an undeniable stand out stud, b) from one of the connected towns, c) part of a package deal that dismantles a rival club team or d) personally friendly with CR.

Lacrosse is very subjective. And CR is a businesswoman who probably does not care very much about the hard-working young women that she passes over year in and year out. The sad truth is that our family is one of the many that has hoped for better, but been disappointed over and over again. Fool me once, shame on you - fool me for years, shame on me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, I don't think people are that dopey, but I just give credit to whoever thought of rolling it out in that package, very creative to say the least. With that said, I guess CR thinks people are dopes though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me, anyone who is on the second team knows exactly where they stand in the yellow jacket organization. There are no delusions of grandeur that CR calling the B team blue makes it any more valuable to the club. B, C, D, etc. are simply farm teams for A. Players called up when needed, but ignored the rest of the time. No amount of "loyalty" or years of excellent play will earn you an A team spot if you are not a) an undeniable stand out stud, b) from one of the connected towns, c) part of a package deal that dismantles a rival club team or d) personally friendly with CR.

Lacrosse is very subjective. And CR is a businesswoman who probably does not care very much about the hard-working young women that she passes over year in and year out. The sad truth is that our family is one of the many that has hoped for better, but been disappointed over and over again. Fool me once, shame on you - fool me for years, shame on me.

great post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much money does YJ take in for "tryouts" to change almost no one? 2019 top two teams swapped 1 player spot. Lot of mula for nothing. Keep on throwing the queen B the cashola.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Trust me, anyone who is on the second team knows exactly where they stand in the yellow jacket organization. There are no delusions of grandeur that CR calling the B team blue makes it any more valuable to the club. B, C, D, etc. are simply farm teams for A. Players called up when needed, but ignored the rest of the time. No amount of "loyalty" or years of excellent play will earn you an A team spot if you are not a) an undeniable stand out stud, b) from one of the connected towns, c) part of a package deal that dismantles a rival club team or d) personally friendly with CR.

[/quot

We decided a few years ago to leave YJ. Reading this post reminds me how we felt when we made that decision. If you read this and think about yourself, it's time to move on, consider this a public service announcement. Wake up parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but their B teams are basically non competive. They play in weakest tournys and lowest brackets. Better options out there.
They.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Trust me, anyone who is on the second team knows exactly where they stand in the yellow jacket organization. There are no delusions of grandeur that CR calling the B team blue makes it any more valuable to the club. B, C, D, etc. are simply farm teams for A. Players called up when needed, but ignored the rest of the time. No amount of "loyalty" or years of excellent play will earn you an A team spot if you are not a) an undeniable stand out stud, b) from one of the connected towns, c) part of a package deal that dismantles a rival club team or d) personally friendly with CR.

[/quot

We decided a few years ago to leave YJ. Reading this post reminds me how we felt when we made that decision. If you read this and think about yourself, it's time to move on, consider this a public service announcement. Wake up parents.

And guess what, nobody cares that you left! You left because a) kid got demoted or b) thought kid should have been pulled up because you think she's better than she really is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The term "A level" is meant to keep the B girls from moving to a rival club's A team. The YJ B teams can compete with most A teams on LI because YJ offer A spots to all the top players on other clubs. They then move the A girls that have been with them for 4 years down to B and call it A level. If you want to play for YJ, go to another clubs A team, be an impact player, YJ will then come calling! The YJ team gets stronger, the rival team takes a dive! No, my daughter wasn't moved down it's just simple observation. People aren't dopey, they just don't realize that there are other paths to the same finish line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where exactly did you people (or single person) come up with the idea that there are two A teams? Did you see two team rosters highlighted in blue and assume? Make no mistake there is an A team, B team etc..... Did CR tell you that she completely reworked the rosters and now your daughter should consider herself on the A team? Laughable. Don't think she could give a crap, if she wanted a player for the A team, she would put her there. The kids that tried out and deserved to be on the A teams made the A teams. The color code was abandoned years ago and teams simply go by coach name now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR is an obnoxious, soulless piece of vermin. She has no filter and thinks who she is. Now that we've been in the club a few years I see why so many people hate her. Originally, I assumed it was jealousy. Now I know it's truth.

-Parent who's daughter IS a YJ A team starting player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The movement that was needed was a new coach but Thorn has her big head wedged too far up CR's [lacrosse] for the two to separate and the kids suffer. Maybe you should ask the daddy coach not to coach? And then BT would have to show up at some point. Bet you he doesn't like it any more than you do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The term "A level" is meant to keep the B girls from moving to a rival club's A team. The YJ B teams can compete with most A teams on LI because YJ offer A spots to all the top players on other clubs. They then move the A girls that have been with them for 4 years down to B and call it A level. If you want to play for YJ, go to another clubs A team, be an impact player, YJ will then come calling! The YJ team gets stronger, the rival team takes a dive! No, my daughter wasn't moved down it's just simple observation. People aren't dopey, they just don't realize that there are other paths to the same finish line.

If you can leave a parents ego out of the equation ( very big if ) it certainly would benefit a player to train and be coached by Bert rather than sit on the bench on the top team. Remember college coaches recruit individuals and not teams. If you are able to play quality minutes with Bert and train with him you stand a lot better chance of improving than being a bench player on "A" team. No my daughter wasn't moved down this is just the simple truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where exactly did you people (or single person) come up with the idea that there are two A teams? Did you see two team rosters highlighted in blue and assume? Make no mistake there is an A team, B team etc..... Did CR tell you that she completely reworked the rosters and now your daughter should consider herself on the A team? Laughable. Don't think she could give a crap, if she wanted a player for the A team, she would put her there. The kids that tried out and deserved to be on the A teams made the A teams. The color code was abandoned years ago and teams simply go by coach name now.

There is a color code at the top of the roster page.
Sidenote-do you all think CR reads these comments and laugs while counting her money?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The movement that was needed was a new coach but Thorn has her big head wedged too far up CR's [lacrosse] for the two to separate and the kids suffer. Maybe you should ask the daddy coach not to coach? And then BT would have to show up at some point. Bet you he doesn't like it any more than you do.

Agree with this, most YJ teams also have way to many kids on the roster. Should be capped at 22. I can hear the complaining already, after driving to MD to play 5 min, while coaches kid plays the entire game, and they still take a beat down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To answer a previous question, on the YJ website it says they had over 800 kids pay the tryout fee this year. Looks like almost all of them made it. Congratulations to the YJ's and to CR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does it mean when my daughters team color is magenta on the roster list? Should I write a bigger check to get her on gold?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom tier and riding the pine. Great way for your kid to improve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is interesting - so you have to commit to a team without knowing the tournament schedule, or what it will cost:

Tournaments : All Summer tourneys will be posted by January 17th, 2017 by team. There is a seperate fee for all tourneys. All inclusive grad year 2021-2026

Like Reply Quote
Page 266 of 327 1 2 264 265 266 267 268 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard