BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,680
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 111 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
so you bravely go after previous classes (parents)? what is the purpose? i'll bet that coach will be sooooo impressed.

Nobody's going after anyone, dude. Relax with the pot stirring. We all stick together (bravely), no matter what class the boys are in. Your smarmy and incorrect post doesn't make it any different. Go Flyers.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody's going after anyone, dude. Relax with the pot stirring. We all stick together (bravely), no matter what class the boys are in. Your smarmy and incorrect post doesn't make it any different. Go Flyers. [/quote]

Sure - like the HS tournament in MD this summer where you supposedly only took the "committed kids" - meanwhile there were at least 8 uncommitted kids at the tournament. You took the kids you wanted to take, the kids who's parents are the [lacrosse] kissers. Same old crap at Chaminade - if you are an [lacrosse] kisser you are in. If not you are on the outside looking in. "we all stick together" - what a JOKE!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you a Chaminade parent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
those who do the most work organizing tailgates and selling the apparel should get special treatment for their boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
those who do the most work organizing tailgates and selling the apparel should get special treatment for their boys.

The Chaminade way...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes this is true but please don't forget about the generous parents that fund/organize extra (supposed to be secret) lax for "select" freshman boys all winter before tryouts and inform the coaches who they selected to participate all based on their "sticking together friendships."

some of this is so ridiculous but I just keep reminding myself that I am happy with the education my sons are getting there and try to ignore these parents .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
outstanding sets of parents . my husband and now my second son all lacrosse stars at Chaminade. we live very well because the job he got thru his strong bonds with other Chaminade men.
you cant compare the leg up you get.
I encourage other moms to not be shrinking violets...let the coaches know that you support the team or someone else will take the credit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey Chammy Mom, maybe take a dose of humility ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
outstanding sets of parents . my husband and now my second son all lacrosse stars at Chaminade. we live very well because the job he got thru his strong bonds with other Chaminade men.
you cant compare the leg up you get.
I encourage other moms to not be shrinking violets...let the coaches know that you support the team or someone else will take the credit.

My husband was a star...and now you should all see him in bed!!!! whoohoo. And you should see me too, too hot for words!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes this is true but please don't forget about the generous parents that fund/organize extra (supposed to be secret) lax for "select" freshman boys all winter before tryouts and inform the coaches who they selected to participate all based on their "sticking together friendships."

some of this is so ridiculous but I just keep reminding myself that I am happy with the education my sons are getting there and try to ignore these parents .

This happens in every grade. It only gets worse. The Chaminade lacrosse program is a joke. The coaches no nothing about any of the kids on the team - except the [lacrosse]-kissers. Please forget about getting any help from the coaches in the recruiting process - they do ABSOLUTELY nothing for you.

Go to Chaminade for the academics and religion - not lacrosse. Lacrosse there is not how good you are - it's who you know.

I know some will say that it's like that in real life but it shouldn't be happening in HS.

Pathetic...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This happens in every grade. It only gets worse. The Chaminade lacrosse program is a joke. The coaches no nothing about any of the kids on the team - except the [lacrosse]-kissers. Please forget about getting any help from the coaches in the recruiting process - they do ABSOLUTELY nothing for you.

Go to Chaminade for the academics and religion - not lacrosse. Lacrosse there is not how good you are - it's who you know.

I know some will say that it's like that in real life but it shouldn't be happening in HS.

Pathetic...

yes the program is a joke! Who wants to be associated with a coach like Moran, who want to learn from Pomponio, why would you want to be in a joke of a program that has 23 seniors who will play lacrosse in college and as of now 8 juniors. Yes I say this lacrosse program is a joke stay away!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes the program is a joke! Who wants to be associated with a coach like Moran, who want to learn from Pomponio, why would you want to be in a joke of a program that has 23 seniors who will play lacrosse in college and as of now 8 juniors. Yes I say this lacrosse program is a joke stay away!!!!! [/quote]

Coach Moran had zero to do with any of these kids being committed - ZERO. He knows so little about the kids on the team that he actually cut a kid last season that was committed to a D1 program. Talk about embarrassing...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't agree. moran does know his players. some of the commits are total jokes. there are kids who committed who have no business doing so. some college coaches accept the commit stuff as favor to an alumni, or just to get some dopey father off there back. the kid arrives and gets cut in fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't agree. moran does know his players. some of the commits are total jokes. there are kids who committed who have no business doing so. some college coaches accept the commit stuff as favor to an alumni, or just to get some dopey father off there back. the kid arrives and gets cut in fall.

Not this kid. After taking an embarrassing phone call from the D1 coach the kid was put back on the team. At the end of the year the kid was starting. After trying all of the [lacrosse]-kisser kids (who didn't deserve the look), he finally tried the kid who he cut. The kid played great. It is a testament to the kid - NOT MORAN...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure thing dad..glad you cleared that up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure thing dad..glad you cleared that up.

No - just giving you 1 example of Moran not knowing his players. There are many, many more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody's going after anyone, dude. Relax with the pot stirring. We all stick together (bravely), no matter what class the boys are in. Your smarmy and incorrect post doesn't make it any different. Go Flyers. [/quote]

Again, the Chaminade team that "sticks together" played in a tournament this past weekend. Except only the chosen were invited to play. There is a whole lacrosse world at Chaminade that if you are not a part of you never hear about. Lacrosse at Chaminade is a joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hurtful to a lot of people. problem is that they don't necessarily include the best players, merely those who are the inner circle , average players get the look because of social status among the parents. really nothing can be done about that. parents band together and you really can't break into the circle, its invite only and the coaches look the other way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you burn your bridges in G.C. ? same thing goes on there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hurtful to a lot of people. problem is that they don't necessarily include the best players, merely those who are the inner circle , average players get the look because of social status among the parents. really nothing can be done about that. parents band together and you really can't break into the circle, its invite only and the coaches look the other way.

1000% agree. Please, please, please, think twice if you are considering sending your kid to Chaminade and having him play lacrosse there. It is NOT what you think. You would think at a school with such a great reputation that politics wouldn't play a role. Politics at Chaminade is the worst I've ever seen. And the lacrosse coaches are the worst offenders!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, GC plays politics, but win a whole bunch of lacrosse games every year. Does that even make sense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
playing time dictated by politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
unless you can get into the in crowd. work it at the country clubs, summer home crowds etc. you can do this!!! moms... use that gossip!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe it. I see the parents working it in 7th grade club. Laying the ground work for HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
disgusting, but it needs to be done or you are out of the loop. moms...start the car pool now for exclusive trainers, club teams and make sure to do it secretly. you can always acquire new friends when you sit among the chosen. you wont regret it. my husband and I are glad we did so and we look forward to next fall and being among the best of the best!!~!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I refuse to be that type of person. I guess my son will have to lose out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like sour grapes. Wailing and carrying on. My boy doesn't play because of politics. Has nothing to do with ability. How do we know your son isn't the one who just isn't as good as YOU think?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
disgusting, but it needs to be done or you are out of the loop. moms...start the car pool now for exclusive trainers, club teams and make sure to do it secretly. you can always acquire new friends when you sit among the chosen. you wont regret it. my husband and I are glad we did so and we look forward to next fall and being among the best of the best!!~!

I'm so much more disappointed in the coaches at Chaminade. The fact that they take part in this is sickening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do some of you actually believe this nonsense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm so much more disappointed in the coaches at Chaminade. The fact that they take part in this is sickening.

Good Lacrosse program that should be top 5 every year nationally. Yet they lose to public schools all the time. So much talent. It really is sad. Oh, by the way, academics are good, but they aren't creating any scholars over there. Kids were all smart before they went there. Kids make the school, school in no way make the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you've seen it, you believe it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About chaminade taking some of the boys to a lax tournament this past weekend, can you tell me what grade this was? Obviously my son is not in the inner circle and will never be at this particular school. The heavy parental involvement with the coaches is so obvious and I agree it's awful the school doesn't insist on higher morals over this extreme politicking but besides a good education my sons are learning early how politics run in the real world, though they shouldn't be this way with the brothers who talk to the kids daily about doing the right thing all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will find out this spring, my son tells me they are stacked with top D1 players at every position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About chaminade taking some of the boys to a lax tournament this past weekend, can you tell me what grade this was? Obviously my son is not in the inner circle and will never be at this particular school. The heavy parental involvement with the coaches is so obvious and I agree it's awful the school doesn't insist on higher morals over this extreme politicking but besides a good education my sons are learning early how politics run in the real world, though they shouldn't be this way with the brothers who talk to the kids daily about doing the right thing all the time.

Chaminade did not have a team in a tournament. A bunch of the students got together and entered as "Lead the Way" on their own. The goal of these young men was to raise money for The Lead the Way Fund in honor of the late SGT James (Jimmy) J. Regan, Chaminade High School Class of 1998. They had over 30 players and raised over $3000 for this incredible cause. The class of 2017 has done this over the last few years at Lake Placid and have raised over $20,000 in total. My suggestion is go to "The Lead the Way Fund" web page, learn about these great Americans who fight everyday for all of our freedom, and make a donation instead of discussing how bad this was. God bless America!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The chosen ones from 11th and 12th grade...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade did not have a team in a tournament. A bunch of the students got together and entered as "Lead the Way" on their own. The goal of these young men was to raise money for The Lead the Way Fund in honor of the late SGT James (Jimmy) J. Regan, Chaminade High School Class of 1998. They had over 30 players and raised over $3000 for this incredible cause. The class of 2017 has done this over the last few years at Lake Placid and have raised over $20,000 in total. My suggestion is go to "The Lead the Way Fund" web page, learn about these great Americans who fight everyday for all of our freedom, and make a donation instead of discussing how bad this was. God bless America! [/quote]

Let's be fair. Was the team that played this weekend not the same team that played at the NHSLS over the summer? Are you saying that no 2018s played? The chosen ones?

I think it's admirable that they have taken up the Jimmy Regan cause. I'm sure some of the non-[lacrosse] kissers kids' would have liked to be a part of that cause as part of that team as well...

Let's not hide behind a great cause. God Bless America!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree no reason to invoke a hero to justify exclusionary tactic. that's pretty weak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade did not have a team in a tournament. A bunch of the students got together and entered as "Lead the Way" on their own. The goal of these young men was to raise money for The Lead the Way Fund in honor of the late SGT James (Jimmy) J. Regan, Chaminade High School Class of 1998. They had over 30 players and raised over $3000 for this incredible cause. The class of 2017 has done this over the last few years at Lake Placid and have raised over $20,000 in total. My suggestion is go to "The Lead the Way Fund" web page, learn about these great Americans who fight everyday for all of our freedom, and make a donation instead of discussing how bad this was. God bless America!

Let's be fair. Was the team that played this weekend not the same team that played at the NHSLS over the summer? Are you saying that no 2018s played? The chosen ones?

I think it's admirable that they have taken up the Jimmy Regan cause. I'm sure some of the non-[lacrosse] kissers kids' would have liked to be a part of that cause as part of that team as well...

Let's not hide behind a great cause. God Bless America!!! [/quote]

There were players that were not at the NHSLS. Kids were asked to play and there was a limit as how many kids could play, the young men had a total of 32 players and yes non NHSLS were there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure all the boys would have loved to have been part of that great cause. It's a shame if your child is not one of the "in" boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This favoritism with the coaches happens at every High School Sports program. The only sport in my opinion that it does not happen is Football. The best players will play for obvious reasons. For the other sports when two kids are of similar talent, if one kid plays at a club or with the coach outside of the school, they will be picked. I am a first year Chaminade parent and just experienced it with freshman Basketball. Some kids made the team because of their AAU team with the coaches. Good life experience for my son. He is a very good lacrosse player but is not with the express program. Will an express kid get the nod over a similar talented kid. Absolutely. The non express kid has to be much better in order to make the team or get playing time. It will surely be an interesting spring. We are at the school for academics first, the sports are secondary.

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 111 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard