BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 58 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are on a NLF team and uncommitted, how much pressure are you under to attend their uncommitted showcase tomorrow?

We skipped it due to the exorbitant cost.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's see how many selections/commitments get solidified on LI this weekend at Farmingdale. Every coach will be there (or represented) from the entire civilized lax world.

For boys all the top programs are in philly this weekend

Sorry Looney dad, there not

Are you a parent and still do not know the proper uses of there, they're and their? It is they're not, not there you moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fat Crab and NLF moneymaking scheme trying to compete with Philly Freshman Showcase is a pipe dream. I have been to a lot of these events with my older boys and I have never seen the amount of coaches on sidelines like there were the past two years in Philly. The showcase is first rate and the tourney has a lot of good teams. Note the number of NLF players listed for PFS - if their event is so damn good - they would be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's see how many selections/commitments get solidified on LI this weekend at Farmingdale. Every coach will be there (or represented) from the entire civilized lax world.

Are you a parent and still do not know the proper uses of there, they're and their? It is they're not, not there you moron.

Spoke Top 5 D1 coach this week and they will have reps at NHLS, LI and philly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another meet head farther who spent two much time on the wall and not enough time with the books. Do you no you're kids GPA or just his lacrosse stats?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's pretty funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
meat
know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with the D 3 kids doing photo ops etc. on the same day that the D1 players sign letters of intent?
Totally different . D3 commits are really simply announcing that they submitted an application. There is no letter of intent there.
Mommies get to wear a corsage and play a silly game.

Why do you care. You sound like a tool. The D2 D3 kids work just as hard as the D1 kids. If your kid is going D1 congrats but don't look down on the other kids. Makes you seem small, ignorant and arrogant. And yes, I have a kid who plays D3 and a kid who played D1. this is my third time around and I have seen plenty of kids leave D1 to go to a D3 program or stop playing all together, so don't get to high on your horse. By the way D3 does sign a letter of intent that is signed by the student athlete. It is a non binding athletic signing form that is given after the student is admitted not after they submit an application. This intentionally puts the emphasis on academics at the D3 level. Get your facts straight before you start insulting people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another meet head farther who spent two much time on the wall and not enough time with the books. Do you no you're kids GPA or just his lacrosse stats?

Another meet head farther who spent two much time on the wall and not enough time with the books. Do you no you're kids GPA or just his lacrosse stats? KNOW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another meet head farther who spent two much time on the wall and not enough time with the books. Do you no you're kids GPA or just his lacrosse stats? KNOW

if those are the only mistakes you found, you must also be a meet head lacrosse dad lol

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are on a NLF team and uncommitted, how much pressure are you under to attend their uncommitted showcase tomorrow?

It was invite only - not open to any nlf player in order to keep it manageable. Perhaps some pressure for those invited so as not to pass on their program identifying them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fat Crab and NLF moneymaking scheme trying to compete with Philly Freshman Showcase is a pipe dream. I have been to a lot of these events with my older boys and I have never seen the amount of coaches on sidelines like there were the past two years in Philly. The showcase is first rate and the tourney has a lot of good teams. Note the number of NLF players listed for PFS - if their event is so damn good - they would be there.

Look at the rosters- both are higher level players and both are going to be a good venues for the boys attending. Jake Reed Nike is also this weekend so many team showcases are without some of their best players who are attending these three individual events - also gives those kids remaining with their teams an opportunity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about you answer the question. It's because you don't know the answer and are blowing smoke.

Not sure on the boys side but on the girls side there are plenty of schools as good or better that are willing to give descent money ( 50 percent or more of cost of attendance) and it's guaranteed for 4 years

You're referring to need-based and/or academic money here, correct?

No athletic money , Duke , Stanford, BC, UVA , UNC, USC , Hopkins , Vandy, etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about you answer the question. It's because you don't know the answer and are blowing smoke.

Not sure on the boys side but on the girls side there are plenty of schools as good or better that are willing to give descent money ( 50 percent or more of cost of attendance) and it's guaranteed for 4 years

with 30 players maybe 1 kid gets 50%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All those schools give money. I know kids going to Hopkins Duke and UVA that are considered top recruits, all getting a bunch of athletic $$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

30 Players? most of the teams mentioned are carrying 40-45.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

30 Players? most of the teams mentioned are carrying 40-45.
I'm sorry Imis-read that, you were talking about women's teams.....although on a totally different note, because of Title IX, NCAA allows 12 athletic scholarships per lax team, while there are 20 per women's rowing team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son has committed to a top 20 school and is receiving a 1/3 overall athletic scholarship and may receive academic as well if he can keep his grades up. He received two other serious offers of about 1/4 overall and an academy (can't compare). Based on what other teammates have been promised, 1/4 is a strong number, so we are very happy with 1/3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And before there jerkoffs jump on, let me say congratulations!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son has committed to a top 20 school and is receiving a 1/3 overall athletic scholarship and may receive academic as well if he can keep his grades up. He received two other serious offers of about 1/4 overall and an academy (can't compare). Based on what other teammates have been promised, 1/4 is a strong number, so we are very happy with 1/3.
Congratulations! That is awesome news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I have a son who is in 8th grade, and will be playing JV this spring. He plays on a solid A team, not AA like Blaze, Black Ice, or Express. I was told that he should start emailing coaches where he will be playing this spring. He picked Duke, Syracuse and Notre Dame. Of course that is what a 13 year old would pick. I'm new to this, what advice would you give a kid to look at other schools. I only played club ball in college, and didn't go through any of this. My feeling is to look at good business schools that have lax, but of course he has his hopes set pretty high.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And before there jerkoffs jump on, let me say congratulations!

Thanks, he worked hard. I didn't post it to brag, I posted to share facts, not conjecture and second hand. This forum should be used to help educate and thereby empower parents and players. I'm more than willing to share more info if anyone has any questions. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, let him email whoever he wants, but make sure he knows something about the school. The coaches wont take him seriously if all he writes is " I want to play lacrosse" Tell him to get a little information, then he can email away. there is no harm going big. Just have him look at other programs as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, let him email whoever he wants, but make sure he knows something about the school. The coaches wont take him seriously if all he writes is " I want to play lacrosse" Tell him to get a little information, then he can email away. there is no harm going big. Just have him look at other programs as well.
Cool, thanks. I gave him a list of all of the D 1 and the top D2 schools to think about. I told him to write down why he wants to go to those schools. Just want him looking at other options without discouraging him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I have a son who is in 8th grade, and will be playing JV this spring. He plays on a solid A team, not AA like Blaze, Black Ice, or Express. I was told that he should start emailing coaches where he will be playing this spring. He picked Duke, Syracuse and Notre Dame. Of course that is what a 13 year old would pick. I'm new to this, what advice would you give a kid to look at other schools. I only played club ball in college, and didn't go through any of this. My feeling is to look at good business schools that have lax, but of course he has his hopes set pretty high.

My son was in a similar spot. He went to 3 prospect days, for the schools and coaches he liked, summer going into & fall of 9th. By doing this it showed him what to expect from the coaches style and what prospect days were like. Also gives him/you a great opportunity to see the campus.

He also sent a few notes to schools he was interested in, as you state I had a requirement the schools also have a good business school just in case his favored major would not be his lasting major. His concentration of schools are more Academic that Athletic.

Fast forward a few years, no offers but a few conversations. The first thing they ask are how are the grades, are you maintaining. It is all centered around grades grades grades. They are not afraid to say grades are the most important factor.

They also understand some school have letter grades some have number grades. So If you can achieve a 93.5 and you maintain your skills many other schools may come calling for you. Funny how that happens after Brine Freshmen Philly Blue Chip (whether 225 or trip to Florida for jake r.) and various tournaments. Some say doing recruiting days for some of the bigger clubs are a waste, I dont think they are, this could be another way of getting your name out.

I think what helps more is to get/fill out the schools questionnaires. Find out where the coach will be what camps and clinics will they give/attend. Go to those events and then write the coach or recruiting Dir/Coach a note. Have your Club Director help you find out who he knows, always include your HS varsity coach even if your only on JV.

Good luck it is a long road and there is no real wrong answer, what works for one may not for another. i would say dont settle or jump to the first opportunity.

Oh very important, on your first note be sure to send a good high quality Video.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is good advice - if you (may) want business, for example, say something like "I am planning on major in business and I am very interested in your XYZ school of business.

Doesnt sound like much, but coaches read all of these to build their data bases (read: solicit for prospect days where they earn $$). Differentiation helps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good read from FORBES - scholarship numbers cited for swimming are very similar to women's lacrosse.

"A Warning for Parents who Think a Sports Scholarship Actually Covers College Costs"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobcook...ually-covers-college-costs/#7254fd8334ec

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is a good read. believe it or not it will not prevent the bullsh1ters from talking and posting nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% true
He is a stud against his age group but playing in Suffolk A is a big boys league and he will be somewhat of a 'marked man'.
If nothing else, deciding on his college future at this juncture has made him the poster boy for early recruiting and his progress will be watched closely.
I hope for his sake he continues to enjoy the game and continues to mature emotionally and physically.
As far as Tambo is concerned, he should hide his head in shame.
Linebacker U...that's funny.

"Suffolk A big boy league" ?? C'mon man get a grip. Most likely he will be playing against several 9th and 10th graders because just about all of the teams have them playing Varsity, the league will be full of them. What teams in that league would he not start on? Most of the teams in the league will not be very strong at all. He will do just fine. Best of luck to him.

Didn't the kid lead all of Long Island in scoring last season? Looks like he did just fine in the "Big Boy League".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% true
He is a stud against his age group but playing in Suffolk A is a big boys league and he will be somewhat of a 'marked man'.
If nothing else, deciding on his college future at this juncture has made him the poster boy for early recruiting and his progress will be watched closely.
I hope for his sake he continues to enjoy the game and continues to mature emotionally and physically.

"Suffolk A big boy league" ?? C'mon man get a grip. Most likely he will be playing against several 9th and 10th graders because just about all of the teams have them playing Varsity, the league will be full of them. What teams in that league would he not start on? Most of the teams in the league will not be very strong at all. He will do just fine. Best of luck to him.

Suffolk A is widely considered one of the best lacrosse conferences in the country. Not going to name them all but he wouldnt start on at least 6 teams in Suffolk A if not more. Im sure [lacrosse] be fine and it will be a great learning experience for him. Best of luck to him either way.

You might consider it one of the best HS lacrosse conferences in the country but that should tell you all you need to know about HS Lacrosse. The reality is that Suffolk A is usually a two or thee team league. I would say the 8th grade kid would start or see significant playing time on all but one or two teams, maybe three. You say six, I doubt that but even if true, there are 24 teams in the league the fact that he would Start on 18 - 22 of them is sad. Most if not all of the teams will be running a fair amount of 9th and 10th graders. So please stop pounding your chest about how competitive the league is. The facts say otherwise. The top few teams are good every year and thats about it. If it were as competitive as you like to believe we would see different teams winning the championship each year. How many teams in the league will be starting three upperclassmen studs on attack this year? It would not be a stretch to say this kid could start on just about any team in the league. Who has the top attack unit ?? Smithtown East? Connetquot? Sachem North? West Islip?

West Islip
Ward Melville
Northport
Smithtown East
Smithtown West
Hills East
Hills West
Connetquot
Sachem North

He wouldnt start on any of these teams. Agreed the rest of the league is mediocre but that group right there can be pretty competitive and has been for years. Not pounding my chest at all, just pointing out that Suffolk A is considered an extremely competitive conference and historically those teams give preference to the older more experienced kids and that is a fact.

Really? get a clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% true

Suffolk A is widely considered one of the best lacrosse conferences in the country. Not going to name them all but he wouldnt start on at least 6 teams in Suffolk A if not more. Im sure [lacrosse] be fine and it will be a great learning experience for him. Best of luck to him either way.

You might consider it one of the best HS lacrosse conferences in the country but that should tell you all you need to know about HS Lacrosse. The reality is that Suffolk A is usually a two or thee team league. I would say the 8th grade kid would start or see significant playing time on all but one or two teams, maybe three. You say six, I doubt that but even if true, there are 24 teams in the league the fact that he would Start on 18 - 22 of them is sad. Most if not all of the teams will be running a fair amount of 9th and 10th graders. So please stop pounding your chest about how competitive the league is. The facts say otherwise. The top few teams are good every year and thats about it. If it were as competitive as you like to believe we would see different teams winning the championship each year. How many teams in the league will be starting three upperclassmen studs on attack this year? It would not be a stretch to say this kid could start on just about any team in the league. Who has the top attack unit ?? Smithtown East? Connetquot? Sachem North? West Islip?

West Islip
Ward Melville
Northport
Smithtown East
Smithtown West
Hills East
Hills West
Connetquot
Sachem North

He wouldnt start on any of these teams. Agreed the rest of the league is mediocre but that group right there can be pretty competitive and has been for years. Not pounding my chest at all, just pointing out that Suffolk A is considered an extremely competitive conference and historically those teams give preference to the older more experienced kids and that is a fact.

Really? get a clue.

I agree. There are a few teams in Suffolk B that could compete with that list on any given day. There are 5 or 6 that could easily beat the remaining A league teams not mentioned on any given day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% true

Didn't the kid lead all of Long Island in scoring last season? Looks like he did just fine in the "Big Boy League".

yes he certainly did, the jealousy continues to amaze, this kid is now at St Anthony's and as a 9th grader this year will be one of the very few freshman ever to play varsity at this school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is a good read. believe it or not it will not prevent the bullsh1ters from talking and posting nonsense.

It is nonsense if you are a top rated player. My son would be at a state school if he didn't get the big$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lane Kiffin is just the latest coach to pull a verbal scholarship offer hiding behind a coaching change. This year in college football and basketball a record number of scholarships are not being honored. The two issues everyone is citing is change in coaching and that the players were recruited at too early of an age and things have changed.

Will lacrosse be next? If the big do it there should be concern that that the minor sports will follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax already pulls offers. They just increase the academic requirment if they no longer want the player. This has been happening for a while already. They will also have the kid continue to attend prospect days for an eval if play has dropped or a player has not developed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% true

yes he certainly did, the jealousy continues to amaze, this kid is now at St Anthony's and as a 9th grader this year will be one of the very few freshman ever to play varsity at this school.

Is he definitely going to play varsity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% true

Yes, as he should!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% true

To me, Ill take it a step further, could be the next lax kid to play in the NFL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that kid doesn't play on the Varsity the whole coaching staff should be slapped and then fired!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that kid doesn't play on the Varsity the whole coaching staff should be slapped and then fired!

Just remember that a majority of the points were put up against the weaker teams they played..Yes he is good but please don't make him out to be the king of lacrosse . No kid should carry that burden. If he plays Varsity he will crush it against the weaker teams and pay a price against the better ones.. You make it like he carries his travel team. He helps them but isn't the only player.

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 58 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard