BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: True Blue Boys 2013 Team Tryouts - September 22nd/23rd, 2012
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2018 / 7th Grade tryout -- 70+ boys. Maybe more. Very well run, although three scrimmages going on side-by-side across the field hurt the attack (they couldn't play behind the net) and made it easier on the defense.

Despite the short field, this tryout was the best 2 hours of lacrosse I've seen. 6 stations of 1-on-1, 2-on-1, 3-on-2, etc., plus 45 minutes or so of short field games (all boys rotated at least twice). I didn't notice many big club helmets, but there were plenty of town team helmets present. The boys gave it their all, and from what I saw there was enough talent for two A level squads.

I don't know if TB had a 6th grade team last year (this year's 7th), but I did not notice any TB helmets in this age group. And old pinnies vs. new ... didn't seem to matter. I didn't see any number lower than 92 and the highest was around 290.

Regardless of the outcome for my son, this was a good tryout, and he showed well against strong competition. Time and money well spent, even if he plays somewhere else next summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are they announcing the teams ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wednesday. They said that they will call the players that made it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw alot of express kids at tryouts? hmmm, makes you think, is $2400 excessive? who would pay that much to be on a 'B' or 'C' team? Good for you TB!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will they have 2 teams in each age group?

Where do the TB teams hold practices?

I thought they did a nice tryout for the kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What grade? Watched some of the 2021 tryout - didn't seem they ran through many skill drill stations. One point only used 1/2 the field and have the kids in 4 groups doing 1/1's. Allot of standing around - then to i guess 2 or 3's al un settled - little disorganized i thought. Then to 1/2 short field scrimmages 7x7. Not sure how you get a good look, will see. Heard the older groups had 6 skill stations then scrimmage, would have liked to see that - but did see allot of team bags from one particular town....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are in 4th grade. What kind of tryout do you need to identify 4th grade players.....Pass, Catch, tie your cleats, and blow your nose by yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone from 2018 hear from True Blue yet ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did anyone from 2018 hear from True Blue yet ?

Website says you will be called/e-mailed sometime today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the TB website:

"The True Blue staff is meeting on Tuesday to select the teams. Our goal is to let all selected players know on Wednesday."

I would expect the calls or emails will be made tonight sometime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB calls have started

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB calls have started

For what age group or team??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't mention a grade or what team helmets the kids were wearing. . How do know what one I was at? There was more than one on Saturday.

Plenty of kids didnt wear a program helmet but had their program bags.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great day of Football Sunday which followed up a good morning of tryout lacrosse.

I was at the 2019 try out. Great organization with the time and space given. I could not believe the amount of boys. About 100 give or take. Shows within this age group there are still some really goods players out there. Only critique you couldnt read numbers from the fence, but with 2 or 3 evaluators at each station and 3 to 5 during the scrimmages, it was well run.

There were 2 tall defenders that stood out during the drils portion of the tryout. Seemed like they called them over a few times to ask there number names. Their size made you keep your eyes on them. There were 3 others that seemed to grab your attention during the scrimmage portion. One had Express helmet another orange undershirt. They were not on the fence side.

There were 2 attacks that stood out. They played together in the scrimmages on the fence side. Again couldnt read the #'s on their backs from 10 feet away. One tall/thin one short/thick. Seemed like evaluators knew the tall boy think he had a TB helmet very good player, shorter player was also fun to watch he had a yellow shirt on and a helmet with a maroon & orange # on the side. Whenever i turned to watch these 2 boys they always seemed to have the ball. Saw the evaluators move them to middie towards the end and were just as good. I only noticed one lefty but I was not sure if he was a middie or attack.

Two very good middies with 91 helmets stood out. A white one and a blue one. Both seemed like solid physical players. Couldnt help but see what they would do next. There were also two other good middies that played against each other one had highlighter shorts Express helmet. Those shorts kept me looking, he played very well during stations and called to my attention the other middie who played against him. The highlighter shorts kept me looking. During scrimmages they were fun to watch. 4 others that rounded out a good mix of middies.

2 solid goalies and with some training seem to be on the rise. jesters helmet, and I think TB helmet.

Maybe I noticed some of these players because of their clothes helmet. Highlighter, yellow, orange, 91, express, Houston oilers logo, or that one with the # on the side.
So I guess it works to wear a bright color or program helmet to get your kid noticed. But those boys were good and with 100 something kids something has got to set you apart.

Plenty of others you couldnt seperate from the pack. Should be a good season. But I am not an evaluator so it is only worth the time you wasted reading this.

PS I dont think the pinny thing came into play, but you will only see that when the selection is made.

Enjoy MNF

The attack in the #18? helmet plays Express. So did one of the tall defensemen. Not all Express players have Express helmets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
calls started for 4th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ANYTHING ON 2018 YET ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
calls started for 4th grade

Are they only calling those that made the team or informing all palyers their status?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2020 calls placed yet??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the 2018 team been notified yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

is that a yes that the 2020 team has been contacted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just got a call for my 2020 boy, that he made it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats, have fun!

Is this a new grade for true blue?

What other grades have been called?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any word on 2017

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got an email this morning that not all calls have gone out and more are expected Wednesday, so I guess they are finished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got an email this morning that not all calls have gone out and more are expected Wednesday, so I guess they are finished.

I received the same message. They probably meant Thurs not Weds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Received the same email. It was sent after midnight, so I'm sure they meant Thursday (today).

I suspect this is more than a one-day process, as the directors are gauging the interest of their first choice players. For example, if there were 6 obvious standout defensemen in a particular age group, they would need to know if those boys are going to commit before rejecting the next best group of boys. How long that takes depends on how long the parents sit on the fence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the 2016 team been notified yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the 2016 team been notified yet?

My son got called last night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXadaysickal
2018 / 7th Grade tryout -- 70+ boys. Maybe more. Very well run, although three scrimmages going on side-by-side across the field hurt the attack (they couldn't play behind the net) and made it easier on the defense.

Despite the short field, this tryout was the best 2 hours of lacrosse I've seen. 6 stations of 1-on-1, 2-on-1, 3-on-2, etc., plus 45 minutes or so of short field games (all boys rotated at least twice). I didn't notice many big club helmets, but there were plenty of town team helmets present. The boys gave it their all, and from what I saw there was enough talent for two A level squads.

I agree it was a nice tryout for a mid level / infant stage organization. However I have never seen a tryout where a 4 on 3 fast break was not utilized. Maybe because the lack of field space was an issue , but boys from 5th grade and up can really show their skills and lax I.Q. in such a fast paced drill.

I don't know if TB had a 6th grade team last year (this year's 7th), but I did not notice any TB helmets in this age group. And old pinnies vs. new ... didn't seem to matter. I didn't see any number lower than 92 and the highest was around 290.

Regardless of the outcome for my son, this was a good tryout, and he showed well against strong competition. Time and money well spent, even if he plays somewhere else next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAS ANYONE ELSE COMMITED TO THE 2018 TEAM YET ? MY SON COMMITED YESTERDAY

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looks like your reply and my post got mashed together ... but yes, a 4-on-3 fast break would have been good to see. With the half-field and 6 stations, just not enough room. I think they saw enough to make good decisions though.

Haven't heard yet, which I assume means it isn't happening for my son. We knew it wasn't - he got two hard slashes in the same spot between the shoulder pad and elbow pad half-way through, and finished out with one arm. Nothing dirty, just happened at the wrong time. Those are the breaks.

Talented group of boys, and the organization seems top notch. I'm sure the 2018 squad will be winning their fair share of tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. Wonder if there's still placements to be made?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. Wonder if there's still placements to be made?

They may not of been able to make all the calls last night. Also, not everyone will accept so they will need to backfill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea what their structure philosophy is ? What I mean is how many players per team , because 24 + boys is way too much to be successful. Everyone talks price on the larger organizations but 18 boys @ $1400 grosses $25,200 and 24 boys @ $1000 is of course $24,000. So the question becomes is the $400 divided by 5 tourneys worth your son playing less of a role. This is a tough question but consider traveling 3 hours , paying for a hotel room and meals only to watch your kid playing 1/3 of a game in a 30 minute running time format. At 24 players that equates to 10 midfielders and a long pole so 5 games into a $1000 weekend and Little Jimmy didn't even play an hours worth of lacrosse and because the coaches have to get everyone of the 24 ample playing that means you are less likely to win. Caveat Emptor .......... Let the buyer beware !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am guessing you are not familar with the other organizations. Almost all the major programs are taking 23 kids, they all run 3 lines of middies. Let me know all the teams that are only taking 18, would love to know.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard