BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 44 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some guidance. My daughter was invited to the Empire - Finish Line Showcase at UA fields in Baltimore June 26-27. Is it a worthwhile event?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking for some guidance. My daughter was invited to the Empire - Finish Line Showcase at UA fields in Baltimore June 26-27. Is it a worthwhile event?

No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live in Baltimore. Never heard of this showcase. Must be new.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live in Baltimore. Never heard of this showcase. Must be new.

Everyone in Finishline's email system got that email. Save your money. It's a money grabber.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the same time as Max Exposure. Everyone was invited to Empire. Waste of money.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So do any othe LI clubs have a shot to take down YJ this summer? Just doesn't seem like an impressive age group for this program. Maybe Liberty?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So do any othe LI clubs have a shot to take down YJ this summer? Just doesn't seem like an impressive age group for this program. Maybe Liberty?

No. 2021 LI lacrosse is subpar. YJ can't beat MD teams and none of the other LI teams can compete with YJ. Down year on the island. So while this is not a great YJ team, they are still better than everyone else on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have not seen TG play this year. I saw Liberty easily take down ELevate so maybe they can give YJ a game. Maybe they will meet up this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have not seen TG play this year. I saw Liberty easily take down ELevate so maybe they can give YJ a game. Maybe they will meet up this summer.

YJ avoids Liberty. U13 was a perfect example.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So do any othe LI clubs have a shot to take down YJ this summer? Just doesn't seem like an impressive age group for this program. Maybe Liberty?

YJ avoids Liberty. U13 was a perfect example

YJ have been ducking Liberty they want no part of them. We'll see how TG fares at the U14 championship this summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. 2021 LI lacrosse is subpar. YJ can't beat MD teams and none of the other LI teams can compete with YJ. Down year on the island. So while this is not a great YJ team, they are still better than everyone else on LI.

Would not say this age group in particular is any worse but there are better girls on the B team and other programs for sure. This team hung on to many girls who should have been dropped sooner. Changes are coming and will fix many of the issues. I would. It count them out yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you take the best girls from elevate yj liberty tg and legacy long island would definitely have a chance against those Maryland teams. Its not a down year. Just too spread out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ A team has the best individual player in the country as this age. A lefty attack that dominates. She does need help on that team though, too many smaller girls, especially on D. They can't compete physically against the bigger MD teams anymore.

Would not say this age group in particular is any worse but there are better girls on the B team and other programs for sure. This team hung on to many girls who should have been dropped sooner. Changes are coming and will fix many of the issues. I would. It count them out yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you take the best girls from elevate yj liberty tg and legacy long island would definitely have a chance against those Maryland teams. Its not a down year. Just too spread out.

That's a nice dream unless the MD teams do the same. Take the best from M&D, TLC, Heros, SkyWalkers, Integrity, Md United and it would be no contest. Within a 25 mile radius (or about that) of Baltimore there is: M&D, Heros, Md United, Coppermine, Integrity, Bay Area, API, CC Lax, Looneys...plus probably one or two more that I don't know about. Now that's spread out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ A team has the best individual player in the country as this age. A lefty attack that dominates. She does need help on that team though, too many smaller girls, especially on D. They can't compete physically against the bigger MD teams anymore.

Thanks medicated mommy , best player playing attack at 2031 age group just does not happen , say what you want but the best players are playing middy . This age group is no exception.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because she is committed to Navy doesn't make her the best player in the class. There are far more athletic girls on many teams out there. She is a very good player, but certainly not the unquestioned best player out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time to cue the bigger stronger girls! Bye the way, some of the new girls look smaller than kids already on the team? What's up with that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks medicated mommy but little chance the best player plays attack at this age . Not even the best player on your own team , look at middies if you want to see the best players in the country .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are best kids in this age group just staying away from this club or is this just a weak age as someone else posted? Even the younger YJ teams seem to struggle and are not very impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are best kids in this age group just staying away from this club or is this just a weak age as someone else posted? Even the younger YJ teams seem to struggle and are not very impressive.

YJ had not played or practiced together as a team since July and managed 3 one goal losses to the best MD has to offer. Shots saved by Hero's and SW goalies in final minute to preserve the win. New girls in the field or not, this team will show just fine next summer. I do think the full year and spring league model is really tough to beat. I do not think the trend will get better for LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how Md United fared at the Terps Classic? The website lists only the schedule, no results?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. The yj A (blue) practices or plays together almost weekly all year. Not all players make every Fall tournament due to other athletic commitments. However they are usually a fairly full squad. New girls being added this winter as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. The yj A (blue) practices or plays together almost weekly all year. Not all players make every Fall tournament due to other athletic commitments. However they are usually a fairly full squad. New girls being added this winter as well.

Thank you. Your response is another example of pointing out a typical yj excuse. Whenever they win, we ALL hear about it, and how good and unbeatable they are. But, when they lose, they manufacture excuses instead of being accountable and just admitting that they lost to a better team. Why do they continue to think we don't know the truth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros destroyed MD United by double digits. They certainly aren't the team they were 2-3 years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Your response is another example of pointing out a typical yj excuse. Whenever they win, we ALL hear about it, and how good and unbeatable they are. But, when they lose, they manufacture excuses instead of being accountable and just admitting that they lost to a better team. Why do they continue to think we don't know the truth?

You wreak od desperation , your kid must be hideous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros destroyed MD United by double digits. They certainly aren't the team they were 2-3 years ago.
Md United was excellent 2 years ago. Then they lost their top players and coach. Take a look at the beast in the M&D goal, she was from MD United.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach that left was responsible for almost driving the current team into the ground. Outlook is much better with the owner coaching this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach that left was responsible for almost driving the current team into the ground. Outlook is much better with the owner coaching this team.

The blue will be true this year as the f and f f are finally moved. It's the golden girls that will suffer being stuck with all the baggage. The winners, in the end, will be obvious!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What will new coach do different? People say the prior coach never showed so how did she drive the team into the ground?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What will new coach do different? People say the prior coach never showed so how did she drive the team into the ground?

You already know the answer to your questions, reread your letter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you people are confusing YJ and MD United . Let's break it down MD United has a coach that left and is now being coached by owner and are better off. YJ had [lacrosse] coach that was all about f&f who controlled the team because the actual coach never showed .The YJ [lacrosse] aka human bidet will be replaced ( as has happened before ) and any replacement is an upgrade .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you people are confusing YJ and MD United . Let's break it down MD United has a coach that left and is now being coached by owner and are better off. YJ had [lacrosse] coach that was all about f&f who controlled the team because the actual coach never showed .The YJ [lacrosse] aka human bidet will be replaced ( as has happened before ) and any replacement is an upgrade .

So you have at least one disgruntled parent here. The original coach has family commitments to attend to, congrats to her and good luck! The person you so clearly dislike has been involved and coaching team for years, we are very lucky to have him. Sorry your daughter doesn't get playing time under him or sorry you already left the team. As for the rest of us, thank you Coach, we appreciate all you do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The female coach that left Md United left because of the director, not a "family commitment". You will notice a lack of a coaching resume' of the director. That's because she has very little actual coaching experience, beyond her own money-machine, er...club. She is a business person, first and foremost, not a coach with much knowledge beyond rec level ability. Compare her coaching/playing "resume'" (if you can find one) to the directors at M&D, Integrity, SkyWalkers, CCLax...[lacrosse], even the directors at API have coached/played at a high level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The female coach that left Md United left because of the director, not a "family commitment". You will notice a lack of a coaching resume' of the director. That's because she has very little actual coaching experience, beyond her own money-machine, er...club. She is a business person, first and foremost, not a coach with much knowledge beyond rec level ability. Compare her coaching/playing "resume'" (if you can find one) to the directors at M&D, Integrity, SkyWalkers, CCLax...[lacrosse], even the directors at API have coached/played at a high level.
I know for a fact the former coach knows what she is doing. I coached against her and the team was sharp. Funny how negative some folks are - especially anonymously!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know for a fact the former coach knows what she is doing. I coached against her and the team was sharp. Funny how negative some folks are - especially anonymously!

I agree with you, and I was defending her. The story that the director puts out about the former coach's departure is incorrect. The former coach is a good coach, but the director is not a good coach. She's a business person. I think we're on the same side here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you have at least one disgruntled parent here. The original coach has family commitments to attend to, congrats to her and good luck! The person you so clearly dislike has been involved and coaching team for years, we are very lucky to have him. Sorry your daughter doesn't get playing time under him or sorry you already left the team. As for the rest of us, thank you Coach, we appreciate all you do.

Thanks medicated mom. Facts are he has never been a successful coach . His hometown youth teams had tons of talent just not very successful while he managed to aliienate many parents and kids .While at the helm of the 19 YJ team he was a train wreck and team played poorly until enough parents threatened to leave the club so CR stepped in. Now on to his next disaster , the drop off in this team was clearly related to his great coaching . Not to mention his laughable tenure at SCC. The only success he has had is in his second job as the human bidet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She may know her X's and O's, but lacks in the area of creating a positive team atmosphere. It was toxic the last year or so. She is not missed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She may know her X's and O's, but lacks in the area of creating a positive team atmosphere. It was toxic the last year or so. She is not missed.

Who are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe he/she is referring to the Md United East coach who either stepped down or was forced out, depending on who you talk to.

Page 25 of 44 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard