BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 79 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 78 79
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know two local tourneys that do use them for insurance but you remain obtuse my befuddled friend, the point has hurtled past you like Haley's comet and your dim perspective is being diverted.

Help me understand the point again, oh wise one.
Make it simple enough for us dolts to comprehend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't doubt that some schools in the Inter Ac place a premium on academics while others focus on athletic excellence. But it is analogous to an "arms race"' one school does it then other schools follow their lead to remain competitive. It is Darwinian and inevitable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to flagellate yourself my self anointed dolt.
The point that continues to elude you is that none of these established clubs will jettison their business model that has allowed them to dominate the club lacrosse landscape and generate profitable business modles will change their grade based structure in favor of aged based tiers unless leverage is appled that undermines their profitable. US Lacrosse needs to apply that leverage.

You see, simple, concise, and a perspective, nothing more nothing less. My cretinous friend I hope your world becomes enlightened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enlightened, I am

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What spring leagues are teams going to play in? NXT or the new spring league at Maple Zone?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is an anolamy and not sure why. I think it has always been a niche support and a haven for preppie afffluent communities. One of the few collegiate sports that Ivy League Schools continue to rank at the highest level in the NCAA. That controlling faction is the only influencer that I can come up with that is manipulating the sport to its detriment.

The prep schools that litter the high school rankings every year, locally, Malvern, Haverford, and Episcopal are the single greatest beneficiaries of the re-classifcation tactic. Our neighbor is an outstanding pole and he was recruited to play for Haverford School. The first thing they made him do was repeat 9th grade.

If these bastions in the sport not only condone but encourage reclassification the reality is that outside of the high school ranks the sport will suffer even more as the playing field isn't level. In fairness the elite schools mostly play each other and the MIAA in Maryland is probably the greatest offender when it comes to reclassification and they often play each other and the Haverfords, Episopoal, and etc. are all on their schedules. The issue is when these schools then play Avon Grove, Springfield, Garnet Valley. It does beg the question if these elite private schools would even beat the public schools considering the majority of their rosters are filled with kids in "13th" grade.

That is the real reason, these private schools continue to be elite by gaming the system and these are the same individuals that fill the ranks of US Lacrosse.

Only way to lend clarity to a rather inane system. The world is round and NOT flat and anyone that believes grade over age based should be the standard sounds just about as silly as those that once believed the world is flat. T

There are inter ac schools with very little to no reclassed kids. MP and Springside Chestnut Hill for starters.

So Malvern has zero re classed kids, are you 100% sure about that?...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find that hard to believe. While not a fan of reclassification to gain advantage on a lacrosse field I know families that have reclassified their kid when they move them into private prep schools for high school. Whether for social, maturity, academics or whatever these are decisions made in the best interest of the child. If a family decides to reclass for lacrosse or the institutation insists upon the regrading I have to believe that Malvern as one of the elite lacrosse high schools in the country is doing this simply because their brethren are doing it. Can a school really compete at the highest level without doing this. My guess is not. Was Kyle Anderson that is going to Harvard reclassed or was he just always great?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassification is the scourge of youth lacrosse. How many 16 year old 8th graders do we need on the lacrosse field. The MIAA and their feeder clubs (Crabs, FCA, Looneys Bar & Grill) are ruining the game for everyone else. Just make the sport age based and all this nonsense will stop. MAKE. IT. STOP. MAKE. IT. STOP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is an anolamy and not sure why. I think it has always been a niche support and a haven for preppie afffluent communities. One of the few collegiate sports that Ivy League Schools continue to rank at the highest level in the NCAA. That controlling faction is the only influencer that I can come up with that is manipulating the sport to its detriment.

The prep schools that litter the high school rankings every year, locally, Malvern, Haverford, and Episcopal are the single greatest beneficiaries of the re-classifcation tactic. Our neighbor is an outstanding pole and he was recruited to play for Haverford School. The first thing they made him do was repeat 9th grade.

If these bastions in the sport not only condone but encourage reclassification the reality is that outside of the high school ranks the sport will suffer even more as the playing field isn't level. In fairness the elite schools mostly play each other and the MIAA in Maryland is probably the greatest offender when it comes to reclassification and they often play each other and the Haverfords, Episopoal, and etc. are all on their schedules. The issue is when these schools then play Avon Grove, Springfield, Garnet Valley. It does beg the question if these elite private schools would even beat the public schools considering the majority of their rosters are filled with kids in "13th" grade.

That is the real reason, these private schools continue to be elite by gaming the system and these are the same individuals that fill the ranks of US Lacrosse.

Only way to lend clarity to a rather inane system. The world is round and NOT flat and anyone that believes grade over age based should be the standard sounds just about as silly as those that once believed the world is flat. T

There are inter ac schools with very little to no reclassed kids. MP and Springside Chestnut Hill for starters.

Yes, none

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shootout for Soldiers is coming to Philly next summer. Great event for a great cause.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, none

that is not true, I guess it depends on how you define reclassed. Personally, if a kid starts K and they are already 6, then they have been reclassed. Did their parents do it early, yes, but are they in the grade below where they should be, yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, none

that is not true, I guess it depends on how you define reclassed. Personally, if a kid starts K and they are already 6, then they have been reclassed. Did their parents do it early, yes, but are they in the grade below where they should be, yes.
No reclassed means you repeated a grade. They don't have any.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed starting late is not reclassed. Plenty of kids start late especially boys
As they lack maturity or development issues there really is nothing wrong with that now are there parents that start late solely for athletic excellence yes I know some but it isn't reclassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are really overstating the quality of BL team. I have never seen BL in the finals of any quality tournament and I have NEVER seen them even try to play in a Long Island tourney. NXT last year was dominated by Long Island teams. Freedom also talks a good game, but is no where to be found in the finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has played for BL since they started and nobody is saying they are the best however the 2023 has either beaten or played competitively a lot of top notch teams. Teams beaten: Crabs, Laxachusetts, LI Express, 91 Warriors, Bethesda LC, Building Blocks, Tri State, Superstar and recently 91 in box. lost to Igloo by a couple and S2S in overtime. That is pretty good company and I believe our team is the best out of Philly at 2023 and 2024

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed a lot more than triple HHH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes what a bad showing in tampa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right the NXT Cup was dominated by Long Island teams and there was only one NON LI Team, Brotherly Love. The NXT Cup had one of the strongest brackets in the country at 2023 where BL had their best team. The SemiFinals was the following teams.

LI Express
S2S (LI team that only has an elite 2023 team)
91 Bandits
Brotherly Love

BL lost to S2S in overtime and then beat Express in the Consolation game missing their 2 best poles.

I don't think the quality of the team is overstated at all. Can Triple H do that, Has Freedom done that, Mesa, NXT??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why go to Long Island when all the best LI Teams come down here....Thank you NXT for field and Fusion for BOX. I for one would rather sleep in my own bed and save the hassle and money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can second that emotion! As far as overstating the quality of BL is concerned, the record speaks for itself. Overstating, understating, hitting the mark directly, what does it matter in the grand scheme of things? It does seem to matter to the person who posted the statement. I can confidently say that most BL parents are ok with that opinion because, in most cases, the opinion is just sour grapes from an opponent that doesn't jibe with reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why go to Long Island when all the best LI Teams come down here....Thank you NXT for field and Fusion for BOX. I for one would rather sleep in my own bed and save the hassle and money.

Unfortunately, unless you want to only play one top-tier tourney a year, you're going to need to travel. BL should try to get into the NLF. Lots of top team play in those tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, unless you want to only play one top-tier tourney a year, you're going to need to travel. BL should try to get into the NLF. Lots of top team play in those tourneys.

I wonder if playing more than one top-tier tourney a year is a worthy goal? I think there are a few different types of lacrosse parents, not one better than another, just different. God bless Team 91 parents. They spend a sizable sum of money and time on lacrosse before they even book their hotels for the trip to PA, Maryland or Florida etc. Their kids train for a dis-proportional amount of time compared to many other teams. They get top notch training, coaches and facilities, but for everything gained, something must be sacrificed. I'm not sure I want my son (family) to give up all those things we do when we aren't in the car, on the plane, in a hotel, because our team demands that. I think it is just a different philosophy. Sure, it's fun to say you're the best at something, but is it meaningful at this stage of their lives, or is it more "important" to the parent who is living vicariously? So, if BL beats Bandits one day, it will be the icing on the cake, not the fulfillment of their destiny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, BL will never-ever be invited to play in the NLF, they are a rinky dink club and will not be considered. BL will end up folding as the kids get older, just as rising sons did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, BL will never-ever be invited to play in the NLF, they are a rinky dink club and will not be considered. BL will end up folding as the kids get older, just as rising sons did

Are you this fun to be with in person or just on this thread? If you weren't so juvenile and ridiculous and a second rate prognosticator, I'd cite some stats that would prove your prediction to be unlikely. But, you are just plain juvenile and ridiculous. Actually, your negativity is sad. Why not start the new year the way you ended the last, right? I suppose if BL ever did play in the NLF it would be because it cheated, right? The fact that you have nothing better to do than to spew negativity about a youth lacrosse team is a reflection on the type of person you are. It doesn't reflect well on you and it does nothing to enhance this thread. And, if BL does fold as you predict, it will fold after helping in the development of some great young men who, I believe, will be miles ahead of you in life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL is not going to beat the Bandits, they are not going to beat Igloo or S2S. The Long Island teams have a much deeper pool of talent and they take the game much more seriously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL is not going to beat the Bandits, they are not going to beat Igloo or S2S. The Long Island teams have a much deeper pool of talent and they take the game much more seriously.

I'm wondering if you meant obsessively rather than seriously. Yes, they have a MUCH deeper pool of talent to choose from and they obsess over the amount of preparation their kids need to enjoy the game of lacrosse and win, no matter the cost. If you are one of them, good for you. Like I said, icing on the cake if BL beats any of the teams you've mentioned. They've come very close to beating at least one of them in their brief history. I'd consider being a little less definitive if I were you. Keep watching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, actually I know the owner of BL and as a matter of fact their 2023 and 2024 were both invited to the NLF event in June but declined due to prior commitments. Don't kid yourslelf at 2023 there were alot of non NLF teams that attended. The NLF guys aren't stupid if they want to promote their brand of elite tournaments they recognize that there are elite teams outside of their Federation.

BL came out of nowhere, and let's be frank started kicking everyone's [lacrosse] locally in Philly, cite them for cheating or whatever makes you feel sleep at night about the results, that is fine, but the results and game scores themselves cannot be refuted.

Even now they are working with S2S, Igloo, Express to set up a local "off the grid" playday between the top 2023 and 2024 teams in the country but most on this board wouldn't even be aware of that as they can't compete. Very Darwinian in that all of the elite clubs want to compete against each other as they all recognize that the only way to stay on top is to play the best competition you can find.

If they beat Express which most would place at #2 on the 2023 hierarchy and beat the Crabs which beat Igloo twice why couldn't they beat them. Maybe we do maybe we do but at least we are in the game, you.... the only game you are playing is with yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to put it into perspective, the Express have not been able to beat the Bandits ever. The Express is a well established strong team and they have never been able to get over hump. So, it is very hard to imagine BL winning a game with the Bandits anytime soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't disagree with you but to put it into perspective I know for a fact the former coach and founder of the club has set that as the goal for the 2023 team what is your goal, to win the B Bracket. At least BL can run with these teams can yours?
After all who has been able to beat the Bandits? For the most part clubs improve BL in my opinion has all the pieces finally in place let's see how we do despite all the naysayers poking the BL voodoo dolls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, actually I know the owner of BL and as a matter of fact their 2023 and 2024 were both invited to the NLF event in June but declined due to prior commitments. Don't kid yourslelf at 2023 there were alot of non NLF teams that attended. The NLF guys aren't stupid if they want to promote their brand of elite tournaments they recognize that there are elite teams outside of their Federation.

BL came out of nowhere, and let's be frank started kicking everyone's [lacrosse] locally in Philly, cite them for cheating or whatever makes you feel sleep at night about the results, that is fine, but the results and game scores themselves cannot be refuted.

Even now they are working with S2S, Igloo, Express to set up a local "off the grid" playday between the top 2023 and 2024 teams in the country but most on this board wouldn't even be aware of that as they can't compete. Very Darwinian in that all of the elite clubs want to compete against each other as they all recognize that the only way to stay on top is to play the best competition you can find.

If they beat Express which most would place at #2 on the 2023 hierarchy and beat the Crabs which beat Igloo twice why couldn't they beat them. Maybe we do maybe we do but at least we are in the game, you.... the only game you are playing is with yourself

Playing in a NLF event at a younger age means nothing. The only NLF events that matter are for the HS ages and my understanding is that only NLF affiliated teams play in those.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo never beat them either then they did last year. No doubt outstanding team but that doesn't mean we stop trying bit defeatist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing in a NLF event at a younger age means nothing. The only NLF events that matter are for the HS ages and my understanding is that only NLF affiliated teams play in those.

There were non NLF teams playing in HS divisions of the summer NLF championship. Looneys played in fall freshman. If the coaches/directors establish right relationships and they are among the best, they'll get invited to plenty of great events.

The "top events" keep changing too. Back when my oldest was in club the top youth events were Tristate in NJ and Summer Sizzle in Baltimore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It just means that you would be playing against the best possible competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It just means that you would be playing against the best possible competition.
At the younger ages 2021 and below, clubs like Igloo and Legacy have the top teams on the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI there are 80 listed 2020 commits. 58 of them are from NON NLF teams. There are a lot of great players playing on NON NLF teams. You do not have to play for an NLF team to get recruited. If you are good you will be seen and recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI there are 80 listed 2020 commits. 58 of them are from NON NLF teams. There are a lot of great players playing on NON NLF teams. You do not have to play for an NLF team to get recruited. If you are good you will be seen and recruited.

I'm not talking about recruiting, just playing against some really good teams. Anyone can get recruited. People think you need to be on a high profile club. That's just not so. I've been through it. Just find the colleges your kid is interested in and go to their camps in 9th and 10th grade. That's the real way to do it.

FYI: Zumnuts and Igloo are not the best LI teams from 2021 and down. They're good, but 91 and Express still hold the top spots for most grades, 2024 excluded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's concerning is there's only an handful of PA kids. Still early but damn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get a grip, they haven't even played a varsity game yet. People have lost their minds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get a grip, they haven't even played a varsity game yet. People have lost their minds.

Varsity lacrosse? You're new here, huh. Nobody cares about HS LAX, my friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Son, you will play lacrosse because you choose to, because you enjoy the game. Your dad acknowledges that it's not likely you will ever be a starter on a D1 team, but that's ok. The game of lacrosse enhances you, it does not define who you are. Play the game and if it ever feels like a job, it's ok if you find something else productive to do with your time.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 79 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard