BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 51 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bitter...because you got embarrassed, nope. Would just like to keep the focus on stick skills, passing, shooting, playmaking etc. not dropped shoulders, verbal threats, late hits and stomped feet.

Stop crying ye baby
. Crying? Seems like you are the one crying because you are being called out as a bunch of thugs and that is the only way you know how to play lacrosse. It is many areas of the US where you are not welcomed. I would guess the only other person even more unwelcome is the dirtbag Canadian Justin Bieber. [/quote]

Not crying here, kid is going to a top 20 US school, yours? Don't you see your complaining is just that? Focus on the kids stick skills, would be time better spent

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bitter...because you got embarrassed, nope. Would just like to keep the focus on stick skills, passing, shooting, playmaking etc. not dropped shoulders, verbal threats, late hits and stomped feet.

Stop crying ye baby
. Crying? Seems like you are the one crying because you are being called out as a bunch of thugs and that is the only way you know how to play lacrosse. It is many areas of the US where you are not welcomed. I would guess the only other person even more unwelcome is the dirtbag Canadian Justin Bieber.

Ok Looney Loser, has a nice ring to it , no? [/quote]. Keep guessing little Edge boy, I'm from NY and proud of it. Also proud that I detest Edge and everything they stand for and represent, which in the lacrosse world is thugs/cheap-late hits. Do I need to go on, I think you get the picture. Too bad you people can't ask around the US club teams and see how you are viewed. And no, it has nothing to do with winning or losing. You are not liked or respected because of your thug and cheap style of playing. Take some time and do some research, you'll see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop crying ye baby
. Crying? Seems like you are the one crying because you are being called out as a bunch of thugs and that is the only way you know how to play lacrosse. It is many areas of the US where you are not welcomed. I would guess the only other person even more unwelcome is the dirtbag Canadian Justin Bieber.

Not crying here, kid is going to a top 20 US school, yours? Don't you see your complaining is just that? Focus on the kids stick skills, would be time better spent [/quote]. Top 20 US school? I call bs on that. Provide the name of the school. Yep, don't think you will. Stick skills? What do you know about that? Seems you guys just focus on dirty late hits, trash talk and just do your best to ruin and destroy the true nature and value of lacrosse. Your (Canadian lacrosse) proceeds you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop crying ye baby

Ok Looney Loser, has a nice ring to it , no?
. Keep guessing little Edge boy, I'm from NY and proud of it. Also proud that I detest Edge and everything they stand for and represent, which in the lacrosse world is thugs/cheap-late hits. Do I need to go on, I think you get the picture. Too bad you people can't ask around the US club teams and see how you are viewed. And no, it has nothing to do with winning or losing. You are not liked or respected because of your thug and cheap style of playing. Take some time and do some research, you'll see.[/quote] glad this guy finally passed out. Your beer is much to cheap and causes over consumption

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop crying ye baby

Not crying here, kid is going to a top 20 US school, yours? Don't you see your complaining is just that? Focus on the kids stick skills, would be time better spent
. Top 20 US school? I call bs on that. Provide the name of the school. Yep, don't think you will. Stick skills? What do you know about that? Seems you guys just focus on dirty late hits, trash talk and just do your best to ruin and destroy the true nature and value of lacrosse. Your (Canadian lacrosse) proceeds you. [/quote]

Might be true, Edge has 3 boys committed to Hopkins

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ice hockey mentality doesn't fit lacrosse.

Not defending late hits and thug-ish behavior, but you all need to remember that the Edge kids play box and it does have an 'ice hockey mentality'.

I'm here in NY and don't play for Edge but my kid does play box and we have come to understand the differences between field and box. Box is much more contact, constant contact, cross checks away from the ball, hard cross checks, cross checks in the back, etc. (which is why box players wear full rib, arm, upper arm, and shoulder pads) All that is LEGAL in box.

Again, I'm not saying any of those techniques should be carried over into the field game, but I do understand where it originates. Get your kids into a box program and you will understand more.

You don't have to, and shouldn't accept that style of play in field lacrosse, but you will understand it more.

A good field coach will point this out to referees and flags should be dropped.

Again, not defending, just explaining. I have no dog in this fight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Recruiting rundown.. Guess the edge team isn't that dirty and will be fun to watch
The next crop of Ontario’s 2020 talent was pretty electric to evaluate, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Anderson turned a lot of heads as an uncommitted, box-influenced shooter who demonstrated a nose for the goal, often utilizing a toe-drag or a face dodge before finishing his shots with a nasty release. He scored a ton of goals throughout the weekend and got himself on a lot of schools’ radars. Leading the way up top, Hopkins-bound Raposo was agile and saw the field impeccably, dodging with his head up and exploiting both shorties and longsticks alike. Beyond that, he ran through checks and was generally tough as nails, playing Sunday with fractures in his hand suffered the previous day. A number of other Edge recruits stood out and will be fun to watch going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Recruiting rundown.. Guess the edge team isn't that dirty and will be fun to watch
The next crop of Ontario’s 2020 talent was pretty electric to evaluate, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Anderson turned a lot of heads as an uncommitted, box-influenced shooter who demonstrated a nose for the goal, often utilizing a toe-drag or a face dodge before finishing his shots with a nasty release. He scored a ton of goals throughout the weekend and got himself on a lot of schools’ radars. Leading the way up top, Hopkins-bound Raposo was agile and saw the field impeccably, dodging with his head up and exploiting both shorties and longsticks alike. Beyond that, he ran through checks and was generally tough as nails, playing Sunday with fractures in his hand suffered the previous day. A number of other Edge recruits stood out and will be fun to watch going forward.
lets move on from this subject beaten down worse than a dead horse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Several issues. One, how old are the two mentioned players, 15 almost 16? Second, if this is Ty Xanders Recruit Rundown, he is a total joke and no one, from club coaches to college coaches pay any attention to what this jerk has to say. Grease his pocket, he will write you up, that has been said many times. Lastly, if you do look at his list of 2020 committed recruits, there are a total of 68, only 2 from Edge. What does that tell you, and the 2 from Edge both committed to Hopkins, which has a total of (as of today) 11 verbal commits, more that any other college. They are known to over recruit verbally.
The point is, these are verbal commits and Hopkins over recruits more that anyone else. Univ of Md has 8 and UNC 9, again high verbal commit colleges. How many of these players actually sign a letter of intent is anyone's guess, many times the colleges withdraw their verbal offer. The key word in all of this, at this point, is verbal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets move on from this subject beaten down worse than a dead horse

A rented mule then?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually not a dead horse yet. RR which is viewed by thousands and highly respected amongst coaches is very impressed with them. I also have a '19 and they played the same way. Parents bitched and moaned also. Bottom line is they come to play and play they do. So if they play physical . I'm sure when the spoiled LI boys lay a big hit its ok. And I'm from LI. Toughen up guys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually not a dead horse yet. RR which is viewed by thousands and highly respected amongst coaches is very impressed with them. I also have a '19 and they played the same way. Parents bitched and moaned also. Bottom line is they come to play and play they do. So if they play physical . I'm sure when the spoiled LI boys lay a big hit its ok. And I'm from LI. Toughen up guys
way too much on this subject almost like the Crabs are on here deflecting all the angst in the direction of Edge. See everyone in Long Island Saturday and Sunday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 events at Farmingdale this weekend. Seems there are some conflicts Saturday with NLF individual and NLF teams playing in Fall Classic. Kids need to be at two places at once. Showcase team or travel teams could be short handed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 events at Farmingdale this weekend. Seems there are some conflicts Saturday with NLF individual and NLF teams playing in Fall Classic. Kids need to be at two places at once. Showcase team or travel teams could be short handed.

There is life beyond NLF. This weekend you also have Jake Reed tryout and PhillyFreshman Showcase. Big weekend. Good luck to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
way too much on this subject almost like the Crabs are on here deflecting all the angst in the direction of Edge. See everyone in Long Island Saturday and Sunday

You won't see everyone Sunday. NXT in Philly this weekend also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed Philly freshman a big event our team wanted to play there but didn't get in as there are 30 teams registered. Hope everyone has a good weekend wherever you play and lots of looks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hardcor from Canada playing Sunday in Philadelphia cant wait to see the explosion on thes epages Sunday night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still waiting for your reason as to why anyone would have their son play down. Is it because the boy can't handle playing with kids his own age or is it that he is just not dominant enough against boys his own age? Wait - recruiting right. To try and gain an advantage. That still comes back to not being good enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT in Philly is a far better tourney than Fall Classic on LI this weekend despite two of the best teams staying local.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hardcor 2020 from Canada is VERY good. And very physical. Keep your head on a swivel, and don't stop to grab a ground ball. You will be decked from behind. Scoop through and run like [lacrosse] to open space.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hardcor 2020 from Canada is VERY good. And very physical. Keep your head on a swivel, and don't stop to grab a ground ball. You will be decked from behind. Scoop through and run like [lacrosse] to open space.

They have one big middie who is a candidate to foul out every game. Had 4 slashes when I last saw them play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still waiting for your reason as to why anyone would have their son play down. Is it because the boy can't handle playing with kids his own age or is it that he is just not dominant enough against boys his own age? Wait - recruiting right. To try and gain an advantage. That still comes back to not being good enough.
typically kids from Canada who move to the NCAA take a gap year at the end. Some attend Prep schools in the US Trinity Pawling, Culver, IMG and Hill School are popular destinations. Therefore the travel teams (Evolve,Edge or Hardcor align their players up with the year that they would enter NCAA. Therefore a 2001 now is playing 2020 he finishes high school in 2019. then attends prep school. Many go to the Hill Academy as well. They do AP subjects for that year and enter the NCAA in the fall of 2020. Hope this helps why this is done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our Long Island based travel team lost to Hard Cor by two goals in the NXT last summer. They cross check and slash every time they are on defense. Hopefully the refs call them on that. If you play them late in the day like we did, many of their parents/fans will have consumed many adult beverages by game time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
typically kids from Canada who move to the NCAA take a gap year at the end. Some attend Prep schools in the US Trinity Pawling, Culver, IMG and Hill School are popular destinations. Therefore the travel teams (Evolve,Edge or Hardcor align their players up with the year that they would enter NCAA. Therefore a 2001 now is playing 2020 he finishes high school in 2019. then attends prep school. Many go to the Hill Academy as well. They do AP subjects for that year and enter the NCAA in the fall of 2020. Hope this helps why this is done.

Thanks for the explanation. Down here we call kids who do that holdbacks. There may be a couple of posts on this site about the topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the college rosters that post birth dates. The Canada freshmen are mostly two years older and some one year older. It is rare to find a Freshmen from Canada that is the correct age. The kids. Are held back early on. Also the teams from Canada will take a 2019 team and play in the 2020 division in tournaments when they play in the US. There is no valid explanation for doing that.

Thanks for the explanation. Down here we call kids who do that holdbacks. There may be a couple of posts on this site about the topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they play younger kids until they graduate HS and then add an extra year before college? What is the purpose? Kids really only do that in the US if they do not have good enough grades to enter the school they were recruited by. In the US a 2020 can turn 15 from 9/1/ 2001- 12/1/2002... seems like your boys are just playing down without actually reclassing ( or holding them back). I get that they end up entering college at the same time as our US 2020's, because they do a 13th year, but really it makes no sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush staying on LI this weekend to beat up on a bunch of B teams. Really???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express got lit up today. I assume Express Moran/Wiecorek is their A team.
They lost 7-2, 9-2 and 11-2 at Farmingdale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All NLF Teams on LI tomorrow which is probably why Edge squeaks by Florida Crush

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did they lose to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did they lose to?

Express A lost to Edge, Florida Crush and West Coast.
Express A and Express B had a combined record of 1-5.
The top level coaching from Moran, Wiecorek and Leghart is really paying off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All NLF Teams on LI tomorrow which is probably why Edge squeaks by Florida Crush

Not crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did they lose to?

That wasn't the Terps. It was a new Express team that currently doesn't have a full roster. Leghart B team missing many players and were paired against Crush. Also had Leghart players playing extra games to round out the new team in their games against Edge and West Coast Start --- two big time teams. All in all, a fairly classic Express sh*t show.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A bunch of Express kids were playing in the individual showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses are like.........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not their A Team. Sorry to bring you back down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did they lose to?

That wasn't the Terps. It was a new Express team that currently doesn't have a full roster. Leghart B team missing many players and were paired against Crush. Also had Leghart players playing extra games to round out the new team in their games against Edge and West Coast Start --- two big time teams. All in all, a fairly classic Express sh*t show.

We knew that the predictable "They were missing many kids" excuse was coming. All teams are missing some kids in the fall. Try to justify all that you want, the 2020 Express teams got an old fashioned [lacrosse] kicking all day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not their A Team. Sorry to bring you back down.

What team was it then? Loudmouth Leghart coaches their B and C teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[s][/s]
Who did they lose to?

We knew that the predictable "They were missing many kids" excuse was coming. All teams are missing some kids in the fall. Try to justify all that you want, the 2020 Express teams got an old fashioned [lacrosse] kicking all day.

Did they have their fogo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I re classed my kid I'd have an all star MVP too. Not everyone will have an All-Star if they reclassed but those that would frown upon it, jealousy maybe but I just don't think it is right, that's not jealousy. Sorry I just hate it. It is all for the optics and opportunity.

A few years in a row I've seen kids shine at ### to look them up and find out they are hold backs, then dig in to find out for sports only.

Page 16 of 51 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard