BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 200 of 220 1 2 198 199 200 201 202 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So how did the first day of the big Maryland weekend go?

What's he matter, you have nothing nasty to say? You must be so mad that you were sarcastically hoping YOUNG girls would do poorly. TOOL!!

I have to agree with you about this person being a tool. This is the LI Top Guns Forum, we really need to just ignore these pot stirrers. No negativity here please.

It was an innocuous question. Wasn't meant to be negative but you automatically assume I'm here to stir the pot. It is a big weekend with all recruiting age teams playing in Maryland. Why so angry?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's he matter, you have nothing nasty to say? You must be so mad that you were sarcastically hoping YOUNG girls would do poorly. TOOL!!

I have to agree with you about this person being a tool. This is the LI Top Guns Forum, we really need to just ignore these pot stirrers. No negativity here please.

It was an innocuous question. Wasn't meant to be negative but you automatically assume I'm here to stir the pot. It is a big weekend with all recruiting age teams playing in Maryland. Why so angry?

The way you asked the question suggests you are the same bitter troll that is obsessed with TG, would put my money on it! If you were on the team, you would know how they did at the "big weekend", otherwise you should worry about your own team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you have a child who plays for Top Guns? If not, what is your interest on being on this particular forum? You can find out anything you want to know elsewhere. Or maybe we should be flattered by your attention. I'm not angry at all. Just perplexed by people who come to this forum and ask innocuous questions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If tying 1 game and losing 2 is called doing great, there is something definitely wrong

here.

Sooo..playing competitive one goal games against top teams is a problem for you? This was a great showing for the girls. Games like this can go either way and you know it. Go troll somewhere else, bitter [lacrosse]. You need to let it go, we are all sorry things didn't work out for your daughter, but definitely see why

Oh how the mighty have fallen.. the prior posters were correct. 20 Black can no longer compete and are now doing just as good as Hofstra. Good Job SS.. 1 tie and 3 losses on what was supposed to be the big comeback weekend for this team. Time to pack it in parents, definitely competitive with Beach Bums.

You are a bitter troll. TG doing just fine, sorry your daughter isn't. Wonder why? Thanks you SS for getting our girls to the competitive level they are. what will it take to make you go away, nasty woman[/quote]

You came to MD and lost to MC Elite.....Go Away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you have a child who plays for Top Guns? If not, what is your interest on being on this particular forum? You can find out anything you want to know elsewhere. Or maybe we should be flattered by your attention. I'm not angry at all. Just perplexed by people who come to this forum and ask innocuous questions.

At least Elevate won 1 game, I guess they are now better than 20 Blk. Hilarious

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes my daughter plays for TG. She was unable to go this weekend but will be there in NJ next weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes my daughter plays for TG. She was unable to go this weekend but will be there in NJ next weekend.

All the girls snap chat, instagram, text and tweet their every move, surely your daughter can find out how her teammates did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the girls snap chat, instagram, text and tweet their every move, surely your daughter can find out how her teammates did.

True, great point calling out the troll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It went great thanks for asking! Many of the coaches my kid emailed were on the sidelines. She played well. The weather was great & the games were competitive. How was your weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It went great thanks for asking! Many of the coaches my kid emailed were on the sidelines. She played well. The weather was great & the games were competitive. How was your weekend?

My weekend was excellent as well. We must have emailed the same coaches because they showed up to all our games also. My kid played well and yes the weather was awesome. The icing on the cake was the team won all their games and the only negative was the competition was not very good . Thanks for asking it is always nice playing you guys.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

going to have to call you out on that. i'm pretty sure every girl on the 2020 roster was there this weekend except for the girl recovering from surgery. So unless i am mistaken we won't be seeing you next week in NJ either. Just move on,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My weekend was excellent as well. We must have emailed the same coaches because they showed up to all our games also. My kid played well and yes the weather was awesome. The icing on the cake was the team won all their games and the only negative was the competition was not very good . Thanks for asking it is always nice playing you guys.

Once again, why are you on the Top Gun forum?

On a more positive note...Saw this on a different thread and thought I would share it.

"This weekend was a recruiting showcase. You should asking these questions:

1. Were coaches of schools my daughter is interested there?
2. Did my daughter get enough playing time?
3. When my daughter played, was she a standout, a game changer?

If the answer to those questions is yes, things will all fall into place. If not, keep worrying about the scores, see how far that gets you."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't read what's on the other forums? I find that hard to believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You don't read what's on the other forums? I find that hard to believe. [/quote

Read, yes. Comment, no.

The person who comments, especially something negative or inflammatory is a troll. Read away, unless you have something useful say, keep it to yourself. These are kid's club teams for goodness sake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the ogre.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You don't read what's on the other forums? I find that hard to believe. [/quote

Read, yes. Comment, no.

The person who comments, especially something negative or inflammatory is a troll. Read away, unless you have something useful say, keep it to yourself. These are kid's club teams for goodness sake.

So you do go on other clubs forums and you would think someone posting how did it go this past weekend is inflammatory. I honestly do not see it that way maybe they just want to know how it went ie how they played, a lot of coaches etc.Then when someone gives a snarky reply to an honest question they get back what they gave.Stop being so sensitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read, yes. Comment, no.

if you're going to come on here pounding your chest and telling the world how great you and your team are you have to expect somebody to call BS on you, don't you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read, yes. Comment, no.

So you do go on other clubs forums and you would think someone posting how did it go this past weekend is inflammatory. I honestly do not see it that way maybe they just want to know how it went ie how they played, a lot of coaches etc.Then when someone gives a snarky reply to an honest question they get back what they gave.Stop being so sensitive.

How many of you are there???

The person who took claim to the supposedly "inflammatory question" also said "Yes my daughter plays for TG. She was unable to go this weekend but will be there in NJ next weekend."

You can't be the person who asked the initial question and be the person who asked "You don't read what's on the other forums? I find that hard to believe."

Not sensitive at all. Just a little annoyed that I wasted my time trying to reason with crazy. Sad that this is what you do for fun. Buh-bye.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read, yes. Comment, no.

How many of you are there???

The person who took claim to the supposedly "inflammatory question" also said "Yes my daughter plays for TG. She was unable to go this weekend but will be there in NJ next weekend."

You can't be the person who asked the initial question and be the person who asked "You don't read what's on the other forums? I find that hard to believe."

Not sensitive at all. Just a little annoyed that I wasted my time trying to reason with crazy. Sad that this is what you do for fun. Buh-bye.

I asked the first question. If it was inflammatory then thats purely coincidental. My daughter will be there this weekend. She is not a 2020 girl. She is in her second year and doesnt know all the girls on her team. The ones she she does know didn't go last weekend. I do read other forums. So that wasn't me with that comment. My daughter isn't that wild about social media, which is a good thing. Last weekend was a big weekend. 2018-2020 black were all at one tournament and 2018-2020 purple were at Navy. I had hoped to get some updates as to how the teams did against some pretty good competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$150 to play 5 minutes in each half today. What a waste of money. I think next year we'll skip. Good luck in Florida with that many girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$150 to play 5 minutes in each half today. What a waste of money. I think next year we'll skip. Good luck in Florida with that many girls

Nothing will change, the decline in talent is a direct result of terrible management and coaching. The girls mean nothing, it's a money grab. Seek out a smaller club like ninety one or Long Island wave, much more attention given to the girls

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Nothing will change, the decline in talent is a direct result of terrible management and coaching. The girls mean nothing, it's a money grab. Seek out a smaller club like ninety one or Long Island wave, much more attention given to the girls

91 is not the one for girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with both the last 2 posts
I think the decline will continue the girls are treated Like numbers nothing more and nothing less
Cuts are not made if a parent is willing to cut a check they will find a place for them A B C in some cases D team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black teams did OK this weekend. Purple teams played very poorly. There are no more stand out A teams in this program in the recruiting years. 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 are not top 3 teams any more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where are the rosters posted ? 2018? 2019?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black teams did OK this weekend. Purple teams played very poorly. There are no more stand out A teams in this program in the recruiting years. 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 are not top 3 teams any more.

2019 black went 3-0. How much better can they do lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both 2019 and 2020 went 3-0. They did well. 2018 "black" went 1-2. 2021 black went 2-1. That is why I said they did Ok. Not the greatest of competition to use as a measuring stick for '19 and '20 but they won none the less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone move up from purple to black on TG?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both 2019 and 2020 went 3-0. They did well. 2018 "black" went 1-2. 2021 black went 2-1. That is why I said they did Ok. Not the greatest of competition to use as a measuring stick for '19 and '20 but they won none the less.

2 words; Fall Ball. Not everyone is present at these tournaments due to commitments with school teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 words; Fall Ball. Not everyone is present at these tournaments due to commitments with school teams.

You can stop counting 2018. The 2018 age group is basically over and they play one more summer. At these fall tournaments they are 95% girls who are not committed and still looking to play on the college level. Hopefully some of these girls get noticed and find the right fit for the future

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]anyone move up from purple to black on TG?

Yes rosters will be posted soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So that should apply to the teams they are facing as well, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So your backups are better than ours, give it a break. Its about recruiting now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its about making money now and it was about making money before
and it will always be about making money. The only reason clubs care at all about winning is in order to be able to get their hooks in the next wave of lemmings and keep the money machine fed. Have you seen some of the teams that are out there be sold as "premier", "elite" etc. it's an embarrassing product to have out there, but clearly they don't care and will happily take your money, not exactly sure what some parents are thinking...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Black teams did OK this weekend. Purple teams played very poorly. There are no more stand out A teams in this program in the recruiting years. 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 are not top 3 teams any more.

its about making money now and it was about making money before
and it will always be about making money. The only reason clubs care at all about winning is in order to be able to get their hooks in the next wave of lemmings and keep the money machine fed. Have you seen some of the teams that are out there be sold as "premier", "elite" etc. it's an embarrassing product to have out there, but clearly they don't care and will happily take your money, not exactly sure what some parents are thinking... [/quo

its the same in every sport, playing travel anything is watered down and has become meaningless, have you seen aau basketball? the Northsport lightning teams are impossible to watch, horrible product, but people keep writing checks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have individuals trying to strike while the iron is hot. Travel sports can be a cash cow for some owners. Right now certain sports are very popular in the travel community. Girls lacrosse is one of them. People set out to make money by starting a program. Charge outrageous fees and do very little for the players. These programs won't be around very long but they do make money for the owner while they are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule for The Presidents cup shows 2018 purple playing 1 game on Sunday. How is that possible?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule for The Presidents cup shows 2018 purple playing 1 game on Sunday. How is that possible?

Why such a Jacka$$. They play 3 on Sat at WWOS and 1 on Sun at the other location. Whats so bad about that troll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why such a Jacka$$. They play 3 on Sat at WWOS and 1 on Sun at the other location. Whats so bad about that troll

That's black you A-hole

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not enough girls to fill the purple team. They were withdrawn from the field. The one game on Sunday is no longer on there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 200 of 220 1 2 198 199 200 201 202 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard