BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 86 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He's a great player, he just should be with kids that are also 12-13 and not 10 and 11. If Cabell cared about his development he would do the right thing.

It's a great team that goes to good without him, and there's nothing wrong with that. Not trying to single him out, as he likely has had nothing to do with these decisions.

Have you seen his birth certificate?

It is really sad that opposing parents and coaches would attack an 11 year old boy and the Madlax program as if they were doing something wrong. He's just a big kid and a great laxer. Give him a break and let him have fun playing lacrosse with his friends and teammates.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I honestly don't see where anyone attacked him in that thread. If he's really 11 then feel good about things and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's a great player, he just should be with kids that are also 12-13 and not 10 and 11. If Cabell cared about his development he would do the right thing.

It's a great team that goes to good without him, and there's nothing wrong with that. Not trying to single him out, as he likely has had nothing to do with these decisions.

What if I told you this kid has a late July birthday is only 11, playing with and against kids who are older than he is; would that change your opinion? Just because a child is physically bigger than other kids on the field does not mean he's playing down. Some kids are just big.

What if I told you this kid has a late July birthday is only 11, playing with and against kids who are older than he is; would that change your opinion? Just because a child is physically bigger than other kids on the field does not mean he's playing down. Some kids are just big.

Late July and 11 is 2005. That's 2023. Not playing with kids his own age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Late July and 11 is 2005. That's 2023. Not playing with kids his own age.
How's that? It's very, very common for parents to hold off on sending their child to kindergarten if they turn 5 a month prior to school starting. Very common. And at that time no parent knows how good their kid will be in any sport. Now, if they later chose to hold their child back, just to give them an edge on the field, then you would have a valid point. Its not as if he's 12 or 13 playing on a 5th grade team. He is playing with kids his age/grade. Just leave it at that and give the kid credit for working hard and being a great player. Don't criticize with no knowledge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize you just said he is supposed to be a 6th grader

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 5th grader is March 10th 2006. So she is 10 years old. You want to do your math again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize you just said he is supposed to be a 6th grader
Do you realize you just said that an 11 year old kid "should be with kids that are also 12-13 and not 10 and 11"? What kind of sense does that make. Stop ragging on the kid for being 11 on a 5th grade team. If he were 12 or 13 it would be a different story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 5th grader is March 10th 2006. So she is 10 years old. You want to do your math again.
I'm not sure who your message was was in response to, but the only point I was trying to make is that if you go into any 5th grade classroom in America you will find kids of different ages; some may be 10, others may be 11. You might even find some really smart 9 year olds. smile If a kid has a summer bday its not uncommon for parents to start them in school later, taking them from being the youngest in their class to potentially the oldest. That's a decision parents make based on a lot of factors, but certainly not due to the kids athleticism at age 4 or 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow saw that kid yesterday on the 2024's in the finals. If he's getting the experience he wants out of playing on that level and he's in 5th grade good for him. I thought my kid was big until I saw him. Good player. He could definitely play up and improve his game at the 2023 level but if he likes it where he is then good for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow saw that kid yesterday on the 2024's in the finals. If he's getting the experience he wants out of playing on that level and he's in 5th grade good for him. I thought my kid was big until I saw him. Good player. He could definitely play up and improve his game at the 2023 level but if he likes it where he is then good for him.

Yep. Not just big. Fast too. Saw him rip some killer shots like it was no big deal.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any kid that is scoring 5 goals a game is probably having a blast. If I had to guess, he probably likes it where he is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more reclassed kids than anyone. Kind of funny for the Madlax apologist crying about people "attacking" Madlax.

Usually it's the other way around.

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more reclassed kids than anyone. Kind of funny for the Madlax apologist crying about people "attacking" Madlax.

Usually it's the other way around.

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

Hey Trig-

Looks like your meds wore off! Might want to stay away from kids for a while, hate for someone, or 3, to wind up in an ambulance!

Really should think about a job, you know, type that pays money. Art is neat to look at, but no way to support a family.

Maybe you could scrub bathrooms at Looneys, heard there was an opening.

Anyway, have fun on the message boards, at least you are not near children

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They (2024 Madlax) were missing many of their "A" players this weekend, and still cruised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They (2024 Madlax) were missing many of their "A" players this weekend, and still cruised.

Um, everyone is missing players, Dad. Also, you are bragging about 5th graders.

Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not bragging Pops, there's no team I dislike more. They don't need half the squad when the soon to be 13 year old is playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not bragging Pops, there's no team I dislike more. They don't need half the squad when the soon to be 13 year old is playing.

Let’s not fool ourselves. This is just youth lacrosse. If it were Texas football or Chicago basketball, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. To call him a “soon to be 13 year old” is actually a compliment. But more importantly it ignores that the Madlax 2024 team is stacked from top-to-bottom. The attack doesn’t miss. The middies give 110% and win every GB. And the poles and goalies are hands-down the best defense in the country. I consider myself very lucky to be part of the team. It is a great group of parents and kids that enjoy being together on and off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let’s not fool ourselves. This is just youth lacrosse. If it were Texas football or Chicago basketball, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. To call him a “soon to be 13 year old” is actually a compliment. But more importantly it ignores that the Madlax 2024 team is stacked from top-to-bottom. The attack doesn’t miss. The middies give 110% and win every GB. And the poles and goalies are hands-down the best defense in the country. I consider myself very lucky to be part of the team. It is a great group of parents and kids that enjoy being together on and off the field.

So you know for a FACT that your son's 5th grade team has THE best goalies and defensemen in the NATION?

Ok, dad. Good to see you are enjoying living through your son. Must be why you have no problems giving your money to a guy who threatens his own clients.

Every Madlax team breaks apart when they enter HS because there are better options and people get tired of his BS. Yours will, too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me how the 2018 and 2019 teams have broken apart. And the 2020 team has improved a ton and will be a top 20 team.
As for paying a man our money please get over what we do with our money. This 2024 team is coached by the owner and it looks to me that everyone is happy with him. And sense most of the people on here are parents we can all agree that we tend to calm down and have a better view on life when our kids are born and become older. The owner has 3 sons now who are effecting how he sees the world and handles the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You actually wrote,

"I consider myself very lucky to be part of the team".

You are NOT part of the team. Your son is. Your statement shows how messed up you are. Live your own life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me how the 2018 and 2019 teams have broken apart. And the 2020 team has improved a ton and will be a top 20 team.
As for paying a man our money please get over what we do with our money. This 2024 team is coached by the owner and it looks to me that everyone is happy with him. And sense most of the people on here are parents we can all agree that we tend to calm down and have a better view on life when our kids are born and become older. The owner has 3 sons now who are effecting how he sees the world and handles the world.

Both 2018 and 2019 teams are still very good, but they have both lost guys (especially the 2018 team). That is a fact that you would know if you had an older kid.

As for the owner mellowing because he has 3 kids now, I can't stop laughing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you know for a FACT that your son's 5th grade team has THE best goalies and defensemen in the NATION?

Ok, dad. Good to see you are enjoying living through your son. Must be why you have no problems giving your money to a guy who threatens his own clients.

Every Madlax team breaks apart when they enter HS because there are better options and people get tired of his BS. Yours will, too.

Man, do you sound bitter and angry. No program is perfect, but the last time I checked the 2018 and 2019 teams were kicking a$$. I am also told the 2024 team has been close to undefeated over the last 2 or so years. So probably not a stretch to say they have a good team. We have all heard the attacks on Madlax. Frankly they are getting really old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't 2024 lose to 89+2 Wolfpack by 10+ goals?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, do you sound bitter and angry. No program is perfect, but the last time I checked the 2018 and 2019 teams were kicking a$$. I am also told the 2024 team has been close to undefeated over the last 2 or so years. So probably not a stretch to say they have a good team. We have all heard the attacks on Madlax. Frankly they are getting really old.

Your blanket defense of Madlax (especially when you don't have kids on certain teams) is really old.

2018 just lost to Orange Crush. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was definitely a big win for Wolfpack, and one of 2024's few losses. 2024 beat Wolfpack a couple of weeks earlier. So it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 2024 wasn't at full strength that weekend. 2024 normally beats Taz by a solid margin, and only beat them by 1 that same weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was definitely a big win for Wolfpack, and one of 2024's few losses. 2024 beat Wolfpack a couple of weeks earlier. So it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 2024 wasn't at full strength that weekend. 2024 normally beats Taz by a solid margin, and only beat them by 1 that same weekend.

To have a 12 yr old on a 2024 team is a disgrace.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog but, the 3 are all great teams not just madlax daddy. I believe Taz best wolfpack 5x's last summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax came to their senses and is not forcing their showcase players to play in their Sunday tournament. They did that last year and those poor kids lost every game and every game something like 1-14. So that is good.

But instead they are going to play each other and a Madlax team. On a field that nobody will visit. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax came to their senses and is not forcing their showcase players to play in their Sunday tournament. They did that last year and those poor kids lost every game and every game something like 1-14. So that is good.

But instead they are going to play each other and a Madlax team. On a field that nobody will visit. Sad.

So is there anything they can do to make you happy. They played the good teams last year you are mad. They play each other this year you are mad. They could let them each play Robinson that should not be to bad of a butt kicking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is there anything they can do to make you happy.

Do it like every other Showcase. Make it just one day and make the people pay for just 1 day like everyone else.

Stop gauging people to pay for 2 days when the 2nd day is a complete waste of time and money. But there are always new people to recruiting and they get suckered into paying for the 2nd day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do it like every other Showcase. Make it just one day and make the people pay for just 1 day like everyone else.

Stop gauging people to pay for 2 days when the 2nd day is a complete waste of time and money. But there are always new people to recruiting and they get suckered into paying for the 2nd day.

Ok I hear what you are saying. But lets do this. The team tournament on Sunday is 100% legit and will be packed with coaches. I agree they are there to see the Hill, Landon, or the other top high school teams playing. But I have been to these other "recruiting tournaments and seen 1 or less coaches on some of the games sidelines. So with this being said if when these two teams from Sat play on Sunday. Someone please count the number of coaches on the sideline. So in your opinion how many coaches on the sideline would be worth you paying the 100$ to play on this Sunday with a Showcase team. To me if 5 coaches or more on on the sideline it is worth the money if their is less then 5 for this game please come back on here and bash away and I will agree with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not gauging, but is a nice OPTION for players that are traveling from out of town for the showcase. It is their choice to decide whether to play or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is gauging when it's advertised as a good exposure to coaches. Look at last year's disaster. They made up 4 showcase teams and they lost every game scoring about 2 goals in all of their games.

Waste if time and money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is gauging when it's advertised as a good exposure to coaches. Look at last year's disaster. They made up 4 showcase teams and they lost every game scoring about 2 goals in all of their games.

Waste if time and money.

No, gauging would be forcing the kids to play for two days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why they changed that format donkey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Waste if time and money.

He used to make the kids pay for both days. Now he promises the 2nd day is worthwhile when it absolutely is not.

Man, you love to give money to a guy who threatens his own clients. But you'll leave eventually like many families do.

You're the dumbA for paying 2x the cost when other clubs do better getting their kids into college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Waste if time and money.

He used to make the kids pay for both days. Now he promises the 2nd day is worthwhile when it absolutely is not.

Man, you love to give money to a guy who threatens his own clients. But you'll leave eventually like many families do.

You're the dumbA for paying 2x the cost when other clubs do better getting their kids into college.

Hey can someone from FCA or 3D please put what they paid for their clubs this year or last? Madlax is not 2X what these other clubs pay. Its more but not 2X. He gets mad when you leave so why would any Madlax parent care what a guy thinks if they are leaving?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care what I pay? Isn't that my businesss?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care what I pay? Isn't that my businesss?

Well that was in response to the person who said Madlax parents pay 2X as much as the other club parents. But by the tone of your post I am guess you pay lots of money to play 3D or FCA but you would like that subject not to hit this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax 2020 team that was in the fl$/3D event in Delaware should not have been entered. It was useless for them and the teams that played against them. Their parents should get half of their money back for whatever they paid to be on that team. Complete cash grab.

Like Reply Quote
Page 64 of 86 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard