BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
Re: Girls 2019 - 10th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is stupid to post anything this early---girls will become increasingly like the boys and will start flipping their commitments in ever-larger numbers. And McDonogh is one of nicest places to play--but not looking forward to drive down.

I recently read on one of the BOTC forums that yj doesn't post their commitments on their website, for some strange reason. I read that they think it's cool to not post them. However, I just went to their website for the first time, and their college commitments are clearly listed, going all the way back to 2004. And, there were actually some posters who were saying that it was a good thing to not post commitments. Why would it be a good thing? However, they're not special...just another club lax team.

First why post if you are clueless , no one said YJ does not post commitments . Second to say their committment list is like any other club is just silly .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is stupid to post anything this early---girls will become increasingly like the boys and will start flipping their commitments in ever-larger numbers. And McDonogh is one of nicest places to play--but not looking forward to drive down.

I recently read on one of the BOTC forums that yj doesn't post their commitments on their website, for some strange reason. I read that they think it's cool to not post them. However, I just went to their website for the first time, and their college commitments are clearly listed, going all the way back to 2004. And, there were actually some posters who were saying that it was a good thing to not post commitments. Why would it be a good thing? However, they're not special...just another club lax team.

First why post if you are clueless , no one said YJ does not post commitments . Second to say their committment list is like any other club is just silly .

why was yj 2019 in a super weak group in md this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they're not good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow that a real zinger to the 30 or so 2019 YJ commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U15 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow that a real zinger to the 30 or so 2019 YJ commits.

Could someone actually answer the question? All the MD top teams were in a different pool from YJ. That is unusual, isn't it??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get that it is the next tier down from the top teams. But the ME 2019 girls can only play who they r scheduled against. Beat Phantastix 8-4, EagleStix 13-4 and Steps 9-5 this weekend. They belong in the upper tier. They can compete with the upper tier. Not arguing that they r the best team in the country. Just that they belong in the discussion w YJ, and the top MD teams. And yes, wish they could play those teams more often. It would make them better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall Tourneys are a first come first serve sign up basis. The Teams are not the same as in formal Summer League - it is a good mix of all levels of players on any given YJ Fall team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall Tourneys are a first come first serve sign up basis. The Teams are not the same as in formal Summer League - it is a good mix of all levels of players on any given YJ Fall team.

gotcha thx

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

gotcha thx

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get that it is the next tier down from the top teams. But the ME 2019 girls can only play who they r scheduled against. Beat Phantastix 8-4, EagleStix 13-4 and Steps 9-5 this weekend. They belong in the upper tier. They can compete with the upper tier. Not arguing that they r the best team in the country. Just that they belong in the discussion w YJ, and the top MD teams. And yes, wish they could play those teams more often. It would make them better.

They could play them they just elect not to. Until they win a few of those games against the actual top teams they are not even in the discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I get that it is the next tier down from the top teams. But the ME 2019 girls can only play who they r scheduled against. Beat Phantastix 8-4, EagleStix 13-4 and Steps 9-5 this weekend. They belong in the upper tier. They can compete with the upper tier. Not arguing that they r the best team in the country. Just that they belong in the discussion w YJ, and the top MD teams. And yes, wish they could play those teams more often. It would make them better. [/quote
They could play them they just elect not to. Until they win a few of those games against the actual top teams they are not even in the discussion.

The Under Armour Tournament. There was a group of Mass Elite Girls that made this team strong and dominated LI and killed Philly who beat Baltimore. These girls are committed to Notre Dame,Princeton,Boston College and Northwestern. The highlight of that team for the weekend it's worth a watch on youtube.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I get that it is the next tier down from the top teams. But the ME 2019 girls can only play who they r scheduled against. Beat Phantastix 8-4, EagleStix 13-4 and Steps 9-5 this weekend. They belong in the upper tier. They can compete with the upper tier. Not arguing that they r the best team in the country. Just that they belong in the discussion w YJ, and the top MD teams. And yes, wish they could play those teams more often. It would make them better. [/quote

The Under Armour Tournament. There was a group of Mass Elite Girls that made this team strong and dominated LI and killed Philly who beat Baltimore. These girls are committed to Notre Dame,Princeton,Boston College and Northwestern. The highlight of that team for the weekend it's worth a watch on youtube.

You are an idiot , first off how your region plays against another region in the UA tournament has no relation to how your club team is .Second when you win in OT by calling for a stick check to get the winning goal overturned is not exactly domination .The funny thing is if that's the best you got in terms of showing why the Mass Elite Girls should be considered a top tier travel team it's sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Under Armour is a joke . Teams are picked by politics! Its not a good representation of the real players within the states.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the girls on LI were on the yellow jackets.... they didn't look so great. First game NE spanked LI 12-6,maybe politics for other regions but not for NE in this age group. I would love to see them play some better teams, but you people are being dumb denying they are a top level team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Under Armour is a joke . Teams are picked by politics! Its not a good representation of the real players within the states.

Obviously your kid got cut but unless you watch the players at the tryouts not sure how you would know that.Sounds like sour grapes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree at least coming out of LI, the UA teams aren't the best representation of talent. I don't think as a whole that Mass Elite is an upper tier program, but I've watched their 2019 Red Team and it is a special group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the girls on LI were on the yellow jackets.... they didn't look so great. First game NE spanked LI 12-6,maybe politics for other regions but not for NE in this age group. I would love to see them play some better teams, but you people are being dumb denying they are a top level team.

You seem desperate to have the 2019 ME team be considered a top tier team. Couple of facts about UA, it was a mixed age event, it had many kids from many different travel teams on both teams, you had about 5 YJ 2019 top team kids on the LI team, you won the playoff game because of a stick check. Why would any of that make you feel as if your 2019 ME team should be considered a top tier team, because you are desperate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree at least coming out of LI, the UA teams aren't the best representation of talent. I don't think as a whole that Mass Elite is an upper tier program, but I've watched their 2019 Red Team and it is a special group

This is the point. Thank you. Agreed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the point. Thank you. Agreed.

What is the point? Your happy with not a top tier but a special group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are truly insufferable and arguing amongst yourselves. Move on to the next topic please. Enough already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see college fall ball this fall? How was shot clock?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Almost a non-factor..although the fall games don't usually see a stall. I think this will be Good change and In fact the possession clock may be further reduced 25 or 30 seconds eventually

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Almost a non-factor..although the fall games don't usually see a stall. I think this will be Good change and In fact the possession clock may be further reduced 25 or 30 seconds eventually

thx. Also, played w new high school rules this weekend for first time. Liked the draw set up. Didn't see much kicking of the ball, but like that change as well.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

So far, I liked it. I saw several turnovers when a team didn't shoot in time. It definitely made the game move more than the sleep-inducing stall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha ..was waiting for the comment about being cut from UA..lol she chose to play in the US School Girls Tourney which was loaded with D1 coaches. Smarter choice as she is now committed to a Top 5 Team. Guess which one! Have a wonderful day!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha ..was waiting for the comment about being cut from UA..lol she chose to play in the US School Girls Tourney which was loaded with D1 coaches. Smarter choice as she is now committed to a Top 5 Team. Guess which one! Have a wonderful day!

My daughter did both, but good for you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not like an either or, you can do both, if your kid did not even try out for UA how do you know its all politics.Very doubtful your kid heading to a top 5 school as you seem like an insecure [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Schedule was crazy last year had to prioritize her time. Was told by several people that School Girls was the better choice as the playoffs were in Philly that weekend and Tourney was in Lehigh Valley. Many coaches would be in the area for the weekend and boy were they ever. It was a who's who.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did my homework chump. Better exposure at School Girls. Compare the schools that attended both and get back to me ..lol. And No quite secure in her choice to play for a Top 5 program. Sounds like you are the one who is insecure? Is you kid not committed is that reason for your childish attack? Have a wonderful day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Schedule was crazy last year had to prioritize her time. Was told by several people that School Girls was the better choice as the playoffs were in Philly that weekend and Tourney was in Lehigh Valley. Many coaches would be in the area for the weekend and boy were they ever. It was a who's who.

I don't think they were the same weekends, The national tournament was memorial day weekend. UA was the Fourth of July weekend, both big recruiting tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess what.....You don't have to worry about what tourney your in if your kid does their wall ball, shooting, strength and agility training as well as other sports. Also hits the books. Believe me the coaches will find them pretty quickly.

Control what you can control. And that is the above. It works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not call school girls a recruiting event as most girls that play are already committed. At least that was the case on LI a few years back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The key word is prioritize. yes they were not on the same weekend. I chose to send her to a college camp of a school she was interested in at the time. Bottom line in my opinion I believe if your kid has a choice the School Girls is a better option. Just my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did my homework chump. Better exposure at School Girls. Compare the schools that attended both and get back to me ..lol. And No quite secure in her choice to play for a Top 5 program. Sounds like you are the one who is insecure? Is you kid not committed is that reason for your childish attack? Have a wonderful day.

You are obviously an idiot and now it is apparent your kid is not going to a top 5 program .Your kid also obviously did not make team 1 at schoolgirls because if she had you would know that there were some but not a lot of coaches at team 1 games.As far as attacking I was just trying to see why you think schoolgirls tryouts are less political than UA, obviously because your superstar got cut at UA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not agree more!!! Mine got picked by a school she didn't even have on her list and did not attend their camp. Was told they watched her 4 or 5 times at various venues. They found her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys (or gals), seriously? Call someone a chump and then claim childish attack? Get a grip.
Both events were good uses of time. Frankly school girls was a more risky choice since the coaches really could only evaluate 1 day of it vs. multiple days of UA.
But good for you. And if you asked 10 people on here their definition of "Top 5", you'd get 20 different answers. smile Lucky for you this site is anonymous, because any coach reading your comments would quickly find a way out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess what.....You don't have to worry about what tourney your in if your kid does their wall ball, shooting, strength and agility training as well as other sports. Also hits the books. Believe me the coaches will find them pretty quickly.

Control what you can control. And that is the above. It works.

Agreed. My daughter did neither UA or Schoolgirls and is now a freshman at a D1. No requirement to attend either of the political money-grab events. I can say it's political because of personal knowledge...A girl who couldn't even make her BAD high school team was chosen for Schoolgirls Team 1, while another kid I know was not chosen, and she was 1st team All-Metro in the Baltimore area. Guess what? For the girl who was chosen, her dad was an evaluator. Lots more stories like this one out there. So, once we heard about this crap, we chose NOT to attend and it all worked out fine. My daughter was chosen 1st team all-county and 1st team coaches choice all-county, in Maryland. Both of those awards mean much more than some crappy, political "team". Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think they were the same weekends, The national tournament was memorial day weekend. UA was the Fourth of July weekend, both big recruiting tournaments.

Should be playing in those two tournaments for region pride...plenty of other recruiting tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow you are an angry man...must be frustrated by something. Perhaps the process has been a little difficult for you? I was at Lehigh I witnessed the amount of coaches that were there. We were contacted by a few that attended through the normal channels. IE: emails forwarded through club director. Etc. So maybe it didn't work out for you? Well my advice is to tell your kid to work hard on and off the field and hit the books. It might happen.

Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard