BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 51 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"if violations are committed, they will be called" Really? By whom??! When have you ever seen or heard a tournament and/or USAL call out a team for player ages when they are grade-based? The reason the Edge boys play at a higher age level in hockey is because hockey (and soccer) have gone to age-based systems of play, and with good reason, mostly for all the same problems you dismiss exist with holdbacks. And these sports are stronger because of it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My phone doesn't have to ring . My son competes at the highest level
And plays against crush , edge, crabs etc. in addition he has a 95 avg recieves a ademic honors and will go where ever he chooses. Considering your son is a hold back and couldn't make the grades I guess you can't say the same. That is the reason he is held back correct? Because anything else is just cheating the system .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"if violations are committed, they will be called" Really? By whom??! When have you ever seen or heard a tournament and/or USAL call out a team for player ages when they are grade-based? The reason the Edge boys play at a higher age level in hockey is because hockey (and soccer) have gone to age-based systems of play, and with good reason, mostly for all the same problems you dismiss exist with holdbacks. And these sports are stronger because of it.

Toughen up and stop crying. Edge is playing by the rules, every team has older players, including yours. The boys are in HS now, give it a break. if you don't like it don't play lacrosse. About a third of the college freshman lax players I know have a 20 year old roommate. Sounds like badminton may be a better option for your son. But you'd probably find something to complain about there too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Def from a Crab parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for that Looney's game...at the time it only confirmed what many of us had seen firsthand, thuggish play and headhunting leaving a trail of injuries behind, topped off by crude parents...eh. Unfortunately that is your organization's "brand" down here now, a lot of rebuilding to do there since everyone has heard about "that team from Canada".

Rematch between Edge and Looneys would be great! Looneys would now loose by a large margin, and complaining and whining the whole time. Hope it happens soon to put this to rest

Looney's would lose by a wide margin, why, because you have even more older players on Edge 2020 now? You just don't get it, Edge doesn't have a favorable reputation in the US. Not because of wins or losses but simply because how their teams play, like thugs and the fact that they are older than their counterparts. You will never admit it but we know its true. People keep saying all born 2001, check their passports etc. I call bs on that. No one is taking anything away from any talented Edge player, but how they play, like the Looney's game last year, is disgusting.
I'm the one who posted about last years Looney's game a few days ago. I'm not associated with Looney's, my son just finished a game on the next field and he wanted to see Looney's play so we watched the game. Yes, it was a disgusting display of unsportsmanship and continued throughout the game. I know it is now grade based but when you have true 2018's playing on a 2020 lacrosse team, something is seriously wrong. Being older is one thing, but being older and bigger and playing like they did in last years Looney's game is going too far and that is what needs to be stoped.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Toughen up and stop crying. Edge is playing by the rules, every team has older players, including yours. The boys are in HS now, give it a break. if you don't like it don't play lacrosse. About a third of the college freshman lax players I know have a 20 year old roommate. Sounds like badminton may be a better option for your son. But you'd probably find something to complain about there too

Missing.The.Point! But, not surprising . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Edge do this weekend at the Big4 Tourney?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very simple way to handle these Canadian punks. Just refuse the game at game time. Do warm ups, and walk of the field in protest. If teams did this every time, they'd either stop coming to tournaments or change their behavior. Tell your coach and your director to grow a pair and walk off the field. No reason to play. A, the younger team is not going to look good, and B, they risk injury. It's the only way. US Lacrosse is useless, tournament directors just care about money and college coaches are oblivious. There are NO RULES. #walkoffthefield

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladly have us show our passports.. you contradict yourself and go on and say they are 2018. just a dumb comment.. if all born in 2001 then in your mind thats a 2018 team eh good math... Don't call bs ask simple.. you are just afraid to be proven wrong and then you would have nothing else to complain about.. what team does your son play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not great lost 8-7 to LIE lost 9-8 to 89+2 and lost 7-5 to bbl another game against a weak team as they let down after coming so close to 89-2. That game could have went either way. Can't wait for the summer when one gets to play through an event!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I always love how the cheap holdback parents don't want to hear that they are the problem with lacrosse right now. They want us all to forget that their kid can't compete on age. My 2020 who just turned 14 does fine against the holdbacks. If I dropped him to 2021 he would be a dominant force. He does it with skill. Most holdbacks do it with size and physical maturity. If your holdback is so great, play in a varsity division. Show your kid can play with older kids. Right now all you show is your kid can't cut it, unless he is 1-2 years older. Sad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather boycott the lousy teams like DC express, Madlax, black wolf etc and play a competitive team like Edge, Looney's FCA, Crabs, Crush everytime!! Our boys are in high school now. Don't know about you but my kid hope to be in the mix on his varsity team and that will be against 2017 and 2018's. I really don't understand it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very simple way to handle these Canadian punks. Just refuse the game at game time. Do warm ups, and walk of the field in protest. If teams did this every time, they'd either stop coming to tournaments or change their behavior. Tell your coach and your director to grow a pair and walk off the field. No reason to play. A, the younger team is not going to look good, and B, they risk injury. It's the only way. US Lacrosse is useless, tournament directors just care about money and college coaches are oblivious. There are NO RULES. #walkoffthefield

Haha, will never happen, you would then have to walk off when playing Crush, Laxachusettes, FCA, Crabs, etc. And that's where all the coaches are watching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladly have us show our passports.. you contradict yourself and go on and say they are 2018. just a dumb comment.. if all born in 2001 then in your mind thats a 2018 team eh good math... Don't call bs ask simple.. you are just afraid to be proven wrong and then you would have nothing else to complain about.. what team does your son play for?

No one is afraid to be proven wrong. An edge poster is the one who said all born 2001 and another said playing 2018 hockey because it is age based. Never said 2001 equates to 2018. DOB year 2000 is 2018 grad year, simple math.
You can't have it both ways, having 2000's playing 2018 hockey and then playing 2020 lacrosse. Seems these players are 16 maybe close to 17 and in the 9th grade. Around here, 14 year olds are in the 9th grade.
My son plays for a 2020 AA team, not an elite team but he has several friends who play for Looney's, that's why we stopped to watch the game last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather boycott the lousy teams like DC express, Madlax, black wolf etc and play a competitive team like Edge, Looney's FCA, Crabs, Crush everytime!! Our boys are in high school now. Don't know about you but my kid hope to be in the mix on his varsity team and that will be against 2017 and 2018's. I really don't understand it.
Well then just start a mini-NLF. Also, a lot of the players on your lousy boycott teams will be doing what your kid is doing, fighting for a varsity spot this spring, and most of them on top 5, 10, or 20 HS teams in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not great lost 8-7 to LIE lost 9-8 to 89+2 and lost 7-5 to bbl another game against a weak team as they let down after coming so close to 89-2. That game could have went either way. Can't wait for the summer when one gets to play through an event!!

Lost to 89+2 by one and BBL by two? How did BBL do against 89+2? Not well I'd guess, which makes me who was taking the field for Edge in one of those games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I always love how the cheap holdback parents don't want to hear that they are the problem with lacrosse right now. They want us all to forget that their kid can't compete on age. My 2020 who just turned 14 does fine against the holdbacks. If I dropped him to 2021 he would be a dominant force. He does it with skill. Most holdbacks do it with size and physical maturity. If your holdback is so great, play in a varsity division. Show your kid can play with older kids. Right now all you show is your kid can't cut it, unless he is 1-2 years older. Sad!

They also don't want to admit that the problem didn't just emerge when the boys are in 9th or 10th grade - these same boys have been playing down for a number of years prior to that, and THAT is the real problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost to 89+2 by one and BBL by two? How did BBL do against 89+2? Not well I'd guess, which makes me who was taking the field for Edge in one of those games.
yes some kids didn't get in at all against 89+2 so they played the 3/4 of the game agt BBL still BBL came back from 5-1 to win 7-5 good on them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
plan your boycott now edge is back at Big 4HHH june 17-18 Crabfeast June 24-25 and NLF 15-16. Ask your coach to boycott those tournaments and you may be looking for a new team next spring.

Haha, will never happen, you would then have to walk off when playing Crush, Laxachusettes, FCA, Crabs, etc. And that's where all the coaches are watching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"if violations are committed, they will be called" Really? By whom??! When have you ever seen or heard a tournament and/or USAL call out a team for player ages when they are grade-based? The reason the Edge boys play at a higher age level in hockey is because hockey (and soccer) have gone to age-based systems of play, and with good reason, mostly for all the same problems you dismiss exist with holdbacks. And these sports are stronger because of it.
plan your boycott now edge is back at Big 4HHH june 17-18 Crabfeast June 24-25 and NLF 15-16. Ask your coach to boycott those tournaments and you may be looking for a new team next spring.

[/quote

Unfortunately you're probably right, it won't happen. But, if it did, wouldn't it be a beautiful thing to see, a massive protest against Edge, not for who they are but for what they stand for and how they game the system and say it is because of the way their school system works and it is different than the US school systems. Who cares, have your players play in the proper age bracket regardless if it is grade base because your grade base is way different than ours. We do not have 16 year old 9th graders in massive numbers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THey don't either.. No 16 year olds on the team try reading next time.. in grade 9 you are 14
[quote=Anonymous]"if violations are committed, they will be called" Really? By whom??! When have you ever seen or heard a tournament and/or USAL call out a team for player ages when they are grade-based? The reason the Edge boys play at a higher age level in hockey is because hockey (and soccer) have gone to age-based systems of play, and with good reason, mostly for all the same problems you dismiss exist with holdbacks. And these sports are stronger because of it.

[/quote

Unfortunately you're probably right, it won't happen. But, if it did, wouldn't it be a beautiful thing to see, a massive protest against Edge, not for who they are but for what they stand for and how they game the system and say it is because of the way their school system works and it is different than the US school systems. Who cares, have your players play in the proper age bracket regardless if it is grade base because your grade base is way different than ours. We do not have 16 year old 9th graders in massive numbers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote

dude you have to lose the 16 year old tag the entire team is 15 except two boys who are 14 as they have December birthdays. All kids born in 2001. Lose this 16 year shite your delusional

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote

The problem is all teams have hold backs, you should just refuse to play for your own team if you feel so strongly. Why single out Edge when most other teams are doing the same thing? Look at the ages on the college rosters, this is not a new thing, and useless US Lacrosse refuses to address it. I don't like it, but it's the way it is. Look at as a challenge. My son has played Edge, it was a great game and the parents were very nice, not any different than playing Crabs, FCA or Laxachusettes. Great tough competition, good preparation for varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes some kids didn't get in at all against 89+2 so they played the 3/4 of the game agt BBL still BBL came back from 5-1 to win 7-5 good on them

So not only is Edge cheating the system with holdbacks, but cheating its own players by not giving them an opportunity to be seen by coaches against the best talent. Apparently, the Edge coaches don't know that scores don't matter. Having players get seen is what matters at this age. Indefensible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that the whole team is '01 birthday they should be playing in '19 events OR better yet tournaments adopt a cutoff date. for grade based until yuou just call it "varsity" . but whaa, whaa waha i know. yes my son is 14 and has not hit puberty yet... hanging in there look forward for his sake when he grows...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say again.. the only people complaining about hold backs are the parents of Soft, small avg players.. Bootom line... if you are going to ban anyone make it the lousy teams.. who doesn't welcome big physical talented teams to compete against?? The boys are in Highshool bring on Edge 2018!!! We could all use the reps to make it easier to transition to High school ball in the Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THey don't either.. No 16 year olds on the team try reading next time.. in grade 9 you are 14

I did read, and it is clear that Edge 2020 players are 16 and if they are playing 2020 they are in the 9th grade. Not that hard to figure out and understand.
This is information provided either directly or accidently by Edge people/parents/fans.
You need to stop denying the true facts and live up to how Edge and other Canadian teams operate. Why do think Edge is so disliked by so many US club teams, in NY, NJ MD and Pa.? Not because you may win a game, but because of how it is operated and how your system works. There are no 14 year old 9th graders on Edge 2020. Period. [lacrosse], someone from Edge says all 2020's were born 2001. Do the math, that is not 14. You can't even keep your bs straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say again.. the only people complaining about hold backs are the parents of Soft, small avg players.. Bootom line... if you are going to ban anyone make it the lousy teams.. who doesn't welcome big physical talented teams to compete against?? The boys are in Highshool bring on Edge 2018!!! We could all use the reps to make it easier to transition to High school ball in the Spring.

People who say "man up, be tough" are they same people who have positioned their kids to do the exact opposite, which is what makes the rest of us shake our heads in disbelief. The disconnect between what you say and what you do is comical.

"They are in High School now..." is a red herring argument frequently used by holdback advocates. Nobody gets recruited from High School, kids are evaluated and selected based on their performance at recruiting tournaments and showcases. In that setting a 15-year old 2019 is still at a disadvantage against a 17-year old 2019. The ones who are getting the most benefit are the ones who were just average against their peers but now look very impressive against younger smaller competition.

On the HS field *most* freshmen and sophomores are playing JV, the ones who don't truly are playing up but they know what they are getting themselves into. For the select few who have the skills and size, playing against older kids helps, but I'm pretty sure those kids would do fine anyway, after all, if I look good playing agains older kids, I'll look great playing against my peers...does anyone disagree with that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote

dude you have to lose the 16 year old tag the entire team is 15 except two boys who are 14 as they have December birthdays. All kids born in 2001. Lose this 16 year shite your delusional

Well dude, you seem to be the one that is delusional. Do the math dude, 2001 is 2019, not 2020 dude. So why don't you take your 2020 team with all the 2001 players and play in the 2019 bracket? Oh, I know your answer dude, it is because the are in the 2020 grade. Pathetic. I still think there are some 16 year olds on that 2020 team, why else would some of them be playing 2018 hockey, which is age based. Answer that dude. Not going to lose the 16 year old sh*t because many believe it is there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone receive roster and game time info for NLF individual showcase?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No but so glad you asked because I was wondering the same thing. . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is 2001, born in December and a legit 2020, dumb [lacrosse] dude. Get your facts straight before shooting off your mouth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any dad who has a 2020 kid (a freshman in HS) and is still complaining about the age of his opponents is a loser and needs to get a life.

What's next: asking the HS to produce 4 teams, one for each grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is 2001, born in December and a legit 2020, dumb [lacrosse] dude. Get your facts straight before shooting off your mouth
. I have been reading this discussion for the past day and need to post a question regarding a statement about 2pages back. That was, some of the 2020 players for Edge were missing from a weekend tournament because of playing AAA hockey, which is age based, according to the poster. Poster stated they have to play 2018 because it is age based but then further stated these hockey players play 2020 lacrosse, which is grade based. I have seen ages ranging from 14 to 16. Could someone please explain the hockey statement regarding 2018 age base vs 2020 grade base lacrosse. I'm guessing 2018 age base would make kids 16 years old. Confusing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you re read someone was being a smartass and said I fixed the post for you and you have kids playing AAA HOCEY 2018 which they were trying to be a troll and be funny... the original post says missing kids for AAA hockey no talk about 2018 it's someone saying idiotic comments to stir the pot.. typical
. I have been reading this discussion for the past day and need to post a question regarding a statement about 2pages back. That was, some of the 2020 players for Edge were missing from a weekend tournament because of playing AAA hockey, which is age based, according to the poster. Poster stated they have to play 2018 because it is age based but then further stated these hockey players play 2020 lacrosse, which is grade based. I have seen ages ranging from 14 to 16. Could someone please explain the hockey statement regarding 2018 age base vs 2020 grade base lacrosse. I'm guessing 2018 age base would make kids 16 years old. Confusing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this statement was a sarcastic response to edge poster

"I think Fixed it for you: Edge is missing it's top 4 offensive players and top 2 D men that are playing on age as 2018's in AAA hockey, but play lacrosse as 2020's to land scholarship to US school in case they dont catch on in hockey"

I believe other posters took this as someone saying their 2018 hockey players playing 2020. It seems the edge posters are direct in saying they organize their teams by birth year and 2001 play 2020. Which unfortunately probably matches with the majority of us teams.

Long Island should start organizing by age, only play in age based tournaments and other regions would follow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any dad who has a 2020 kid (a freshman in HS) and is still complaining about the age of his opponents is a loser and needs to get a life.

Any dad who makes sure his son plays against kids 1-2 years younger is a tool. If your kid is so great play in the varsity division. Man up and play up. When high school comes around, no one complains about age, but this isn't high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When people complain about 2020 holdbacks, they are focusing on club lacrosse (where holdback parents are trying to gain a recruiting advantage) and not on HS lacrosse.

The high school argument is just a smoke screen for holdback parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any dad who makes sure his son plays against kids 1-2 years younger is a tool. If your kid is so great play in the varsity division. Man up and play up. When high school comes around, no one complains about age, but this isn't high school.

Actually, this is High School now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, this is High School now.
maybe his kid is a holdback so he is 2002 born but in great 8. Or maybe he is just dumb and can't count

Page 14 of 51 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard