BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 51 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are double holdbacks - I talked to a dad who said his son is turning 16 a week or so. Very nice guy, offered it up during our conversation. It has an impact but there's nothing you can do about it given the system.

Many people, if not most, have no respect for the Edge program, All of their players are older at every level, its just the way it is. But... to have 2018's playing on a 2018 hockey team but playing on a 2020 lacrosse team is absolutely wrong and is cheating and gaming the system way over the top.

Also, most are tiered of hearing that is the way their school system is and that is way blah blah blah. Then how come these 2018's play on a 2018 hockey team but on a 2020 lacrosse team. Simple, because they are way older than most 2020 lacrosse players.
I saw Edge play Looney's last fall in a tournament in Bel Air, Md. and it was the most disgusting game I have ever seen in youth lacrosse. Edge players much older and bigger and all they were trying to do was physically injure the other teams players. There were so many penalties against Edge I lost count. The refs called the game with about 3 or 4 minutes left, that's how bad it was. Bright spot, Looney's beat these thugs 9 or 10 to 1.

Turning sixteen in a few weeks is a one-year hold back, every team has them. Are you as appalled that 89+2 is now encouraging the double holdback, or FCA who is supposed to be promoting fairness and moral responsibility has several, or do you just have it out for one club? Maybe you should investigate your own clubs birthdates, you may be surprised at what you find. You sound pathetic
. Sorry bunk but your statement about sounding pathetic really makes you sound pathetic. Of course no one that I have encountered in youth lacrosse encourages holdbacks. Yep, I've heard about the direction of 91 and FCA is now referred to as fellowship of cheating athletes. And I have, as you call it, investigated my sons club, 23 on roster, 4 holdbacks, no double holdbacks. And the holdbacks are just there, not encourage or recruited. So, getting back to your pathetic, people know just as much or more than you, so be careful about calling someone pathetic because it comes right back to you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's embarrassing for edge. Most other teams have a player here or there. When it is an entire team of "2018" aged kids that is the issue. The fact you say you can play with anyone is terrible you should beat everyone with an entire team of men vs kids going through or waiting for puberty. Really pathetic edge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are double holdbacks - I talked to a dad who said his son is turning 16 a week or so. Very nice guy, offered it up during our conversation. It has an impact but there's nothing you can do about it given the system.

Many people, if not most, have no respect for the Edge program, All of their players are older at every level, its just the way it is. But... to have 2018's playing on a 2018 hockey team but playing on a 2020 lacrosse team is absolutely wrong and is cheating and gaming the system way over the top.

Also, most are tiered of hearing that is the way their school system is and that is way blah blah blah. Then how come these 2018's play on a 2018 hockey team but on a 2020 lacrosse team. Simple, because they are way older than most 2020 lacrosse players.
I saw Edge play Looney's last fall in a tournament in Bel Air, Md. and it was the most disgusting game I have ever seen in youth lacrosse. Edge players much older and bigger and all they were trying to do was physically injure the other teams players. There were so many penalties against Edge I lost count. The refs called the game with about 3 or 4 minutes left, that's how bad it was. Bright spot, Looney's beat these thugs 9 or 10 to 1.

Turning sixteen in a few weeks is a one-year hold back, every team has them. Are you as appalled that 89+2 is now encouraging the double holdback, or FCA who is supposed to be promoting fairness and moral responsibility has several, or do you just have it out for one club? Maybe you should investigate your own clubs birthdates, you may be surprised at what you find. You sound pathetic
. Sorry bunk but your statement about sounding pathetic really makes you sound pathetic. Of course no one that I have encountered in youth lacrosse encourages holdbacks. Yep, I've heard about the direction of 91 and FCA is now referred to as fellowship of cheating athletes. And I have, as you call it, investigated my sons club, 23 on roster, 4 holdbacks, no double holdbacks. And the holdbacks are just there, not encourage or recruited. So, getting back to your pathetic, people know just as much or more than you, so be careful about calling someone pathetic because it comes right back to you.

Wow, this is worse than I thought, you are delusional AND pathetic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's a total bold-faced lie. Every kid on the team is born in 2001. They travel with their passports so feel free to drop by the scrum one day and ask for photo ID. Pretty sure u will be obliged even just to end these ridiculous accusations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did crush win all their games or lose to Edge? I don't understand what you are saying. Either they win all their games or they lost one. Clarify please.

Crush beat edge by 1 and beat up on BBL and Sweet lax National

Freedom played Ashe today and lots 7-6, great competitive game.
good game Freedom and Edge. Freedom have improved. On a sournote that fl$ in 3D was a horrible event fields 11 & 12 were appalling cows wouldn't be seen grazing there. Coaches watching what a joke. I thin I saw a Tasmanian Tiger but no college coaches. We begged our tournament director to go elsewhere and we were very unhappy 1500 for that crap. Wow talk about a cash grab

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did crush win all their games or lose to Edge? I don't understand what you are saying. Either they win all their games or they lost one. Clarify please.

good game Freedom and Edge. Freedom have improved. On a sournote that fl$ in 3D was a horrible event fields 11 & 12 were appalling cows wouldn't be seen grazing there. Coaches watching what a joke. I thin I saw a Tasmanian Tiger but no college coaches. We begged our tournament director to go elsewhere and we were very unhappy 1500 for that crap. Wow talk about a cash grab

FL$ 2020 looked really good this weekend at 3D. Beat up on teams. Much improved from the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, this is worse than I thought, you are delusional AND pathetic!

There you go again, calling people names, without even knowing the meaning of the words you are using. Now that is pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FL$ 2020 looked really good this weekend at 3D. Beat up on teams. Much improved from the summer.
did they play anyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The entire Edge team is born in 2001. Our whole team will have turned 15 by December 31st. The team reclassed after playing tournaments against 2019 teams who were a year or two older then them. Why do parents keep saying their kids are born in 2002. It's extremely obvious the difference between a 2001 and 2002 born player.

As for the Looneys game ONE YEAR AGO. I agree that it was a disgrace as the kids were beating up on the THEN more skilled Looneys team. If you have watched our team this fall you would know that it is way different. Our Edge team can beat any team in the country, including 89+2. We lost by one while missing one of our Hopkins middies, a top pole, and two of our three starting attack with injuries and hockey. Let's see what happens next weekend in Long Island😀

This sounds like is was written by an Edge coach. I truly hope your team is different, in that the cheap shots/late hits etc are out of your game. That type of game is no fun to watch and could seriously injure a player. Ironically Looney's played a team from the DC area, Blackwolf, this past weekend and it was almost the same situation. Blackwolf with cheap shots, late hits and Looney's beat them 11-2.
I believe at this point in the fall and for next season, 2020's will be playing in recruiting events/tournaments/games and must realize that this is not what a college coach wants to see out of players. You play doing cheap shots and late hits, you will quickly be overlooked by college coaches, believe me, I have had several tell me this. No matter how good the player, if this type of stuff is in his game, they don't want that player.
Lastly, I noticed you stated THEN skilled Looney's team, past tense. They are still skilled and playing well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree on the fl$ in 3d. terrible tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys barely got by Next Level.

Express looked terrible.

Outlaws lost most of their games.

FL$ did not play any good completion, waste of time

Edge looking real good

Sweetlax National looking very strong

Igloo? think they played don't know scores

Crush still on top, but beatable, would like to see them play the other top teams again

Where was Taz?

Freedom very good

Laxachusettes had a tough weekend

College Coaches lining the fields. Should be swarm of commitments coming in December.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did they play anyone?

tri-state, NJLC, and PA roughriders. Plus a nice win over sweetlax florida last week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express looked terrible.

Edge looking real good

Crush still on top, but beatable, would like to see them play the other top teams again

Where was Taz?

Freedom very good

College Coaches lining the fields. Should be swarm of commitments coming in December.

And you know all of this how???? Seems you must have spent more time driving than watching games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express looked terrible.

Edge looking real good

Where was Taz?

Freedom very good

college coaches in Delaware. How much money did they pay that famrer to use his field is was dangerous honestly lucky a kid didn't rip their knee out. Coach colleges in Delaware I saw a goose that lays golden eggs the mad hatter but college coaches were elsewhere. As a team director never again there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are scores from the "lesser" games at Big 4 available anywhere? How did Eclipse do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ in 3d wasn't great, wasn't horrible. That smell around 1PM Sunday was pretty awful though. Some fields were great (turf) some where OK, some were bad. Parking ok, bathrooms good, security great. College coach attendance was OK. Overall seemed decent. Not worth the drive, how come LI cant have a league and all teams just play against each other on a weekly basis. It would work great, just need someone to get it going with the right connections. Seems like a win/win from my point of view. Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were good teams there--but they were each in separate divisions. If there isn't a playoff format the teams would've been better served to put all the good ones in one group--common, they know whose who. Or have it a playoff format if they are going to be grouped that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AND...the fields were not nearly as bad as the fields on LI that are used for tournaments at Suny Farmingdale--which to me is bar none THE WORST tournament venue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But, if you put the LI teams in the same division, it begs the question, why are we travelling to Delaware to play LI competition?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The entire Edge team is born in 2001. Our whole team will have turned 15 by December 31st"
You just described a 2019 team. If you would like to compete against same age/size competitors, that is where you will find them. 2020(other than a few reclasses) are younger less developed players.

The entire Edge team is born in 2001. Our whole team will have turned 15 by December 31st. The team reclassed after playing tournaments against 2019 teams who were a year or two older then them. Why do parents keep saying their kids are born in 2002. It's extremely obvious the difference between a 2001 and 2002 born player.

As for the Looneys game ONE YEAR AGO. I agree that it was a disgrace as the kids were beating up on the THEN more skilled Looneys team. If you have watched our team this fall you would know that it is way different. Our Edge team can beat any team in the country, including 89+2. We lost by one while missing one of our Hopkins middies, a top pole, and two of our three starting attack with injuries and hockey. Let's see what happens next weekend in Long Island😀

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feel like Edge puts a ton into looking their best in the fall while many other programs look towards the summer and are less focused on the fall. More laid back approach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really can't believe how pathetic the anti holdback/reclass parents are!! Who gives a Frkn rats arse if your "on age kid" or "on age" entire team has to compete against Edge or Crabs, especially since you say in the same breath "play up not down" to become a better player! I would rather loose 8-6 to edge then win 13-2 against "on age" supposed AA teams..i.e. Eclipse, DC express, madlax etc etc. And please don't give me the "it's dangerous" ..we are all competing with Juniors and Seniors now during high school ball. Not one dad of a talented player (committed or not) ever complains about older kids. It's always from a Dad who's kid has received no looks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most 13 and 14 yr old boys are not developed physically as compared to a 16 yr old they are playing against. These older kids are hurting the younger boys that are not cheating and playing in their age appropriate group. When they get to college it all evens out, But until then we need to fix the problem and get rid of those who cheat. My guess is your son is one of those holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really can't believe how pathetic the anti holdback/reclass parents are!! Who gives a Frkn rats arse if your "on age kid" or "on age" entire team has to compete against Edge or Crabs, especially since you say in the same breath "play up not down" to become a better player! I would rather loose 8-6 to edge then win 13-2 against "on age" supposed AA teams..i.e. Eclipse, DC express, madlax etc etc. And please don't give me the "it's dangerous" ..we are all competing with Juniors and Seniors now during high school ball. Not one dad of a talented player (committed or not) ever complains about older kids. It's always from a Dad who's kid has received no looks!

While this is a 202 board, realize that the on-age vs holdback issue goes down to younger boys where the issue is definitely a problem that is not present in HS age boys. Sometimes you need to open your eyes to the big picture, and not just see the microcosm of your own little piece of things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My guess your son is a holdback". You are a genius. My best Sherlock Holmes leads me to believe your phone has not rang once asking about your boy.?? I thought so. And there you clowns go again with 13 vs 16. You lose what little credibility you have. Maybe some islolated examples of 16 vs 14 1/2 but nobody who matters cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My guess your son is a holdback". You are a genius. My best Sherlock Holmes leads me to believe your phone has not rang once asking about your boy.?? I thought so. And there you clowns go again with 13 vs 16. You lose what little credibility you have. Maybe some islolated examples of 16 vs 14 1/2 but nobody who matters cares.

Wrong again genius. There were many 2020's this past season that were 13 and did not turn 14 until after June. So it is 16 vs. 13 and not 14.5 (that's 14 1/2 in case you don't understand). There are many who care, and those people are much more upstanding than you, who has to have his son be a holdback in order to compete because I bet if your kid was on age he would not be able to keep up.
There are those who are concerned about holdbacks, obviously you are not one of them, you worship them, so why not just not bother reading about those who have an issue with holdbacks or if you do read about it, afterwards just STFU. You are an absolute idiot with zero accountability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing isolated about the rampant abuse of holdbacks playing against younger kids for Looneys/FCA/Crabs. Its how the Baltimore private schools operate. Whittle Johnny Balzac is not good enough to play against his friends - lets keep him back a year or two so he can beat up on the younger boys. It will feel so good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confirmed. Your phone didn't ring. Hahah. . How does it feel to be planning your family's vacation times and budgeting for the recruiting showcase circuit all over again. Enjoy that loser..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team does your son play for?? No one seems to want to answer that question
Feel like Edge puts a ton into looking their best in the fall while many other programs look towards the summer and are less focused on the fall. More laid back approach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confirmed. Your phone didn't ring. Hahah. . How does it feel to be planning your family's vacation times and budgeting for the recruiting showcase circuit all over again. Enjoy that loser..

You seem to be the biggest loser here. You johnny boy had to be held back in order to be able to compete with younger kids. And I call BS, you kid has not committed, your statement about vacation and showcases is what you will be doing again next summer. Wow, how much extra did it cost you in tuition for that extra year that didn't pay off. Since your kid doesn't have it by now there is a good chance he never will. Save some money, go get him a set of golf clubs and be done with lacrosse. Plus, if you knew anything about early committing, coaches are not allowed to contact kids when they are freshman, and I assume that is what your kid is since this is a 2020 forum. So again, BS to YOUR phone ringing, unless it is your wife asking if you did the dishes and cleaned the house. See you loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing isolated about the rampant abuse of holdbacks playing against younger kids for Looneys/FCA/Crabs. Its how the Baltimore private schools operate. Whittle Johnny Balzac is not good enough to play against his friends - lets keep him back a year or two so he can beat up on the younger boys. It will feel so good.

And you think this only goes on in Baltimore and not NY, NJ, Pa etc? If you do, you are delusional and completely out of touch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for that Looney's game...at the time it only confirmed what many of us had seen firsthand, thuggish play and headhunting leaving a trail of injuries behind, topped off by crude parents...eh. Unfortunately that is your organization's "brand" down here now, a lot of rebuilding to do there since everyone has heard about "that team from Canada".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yep the brand of beating the American teams... scores are usually pretty lopsided.. so parents pull the your kids are soo much older..

As for that Looney's game...at the time it only confirmed what many of us had seen firsthand, thuggish play and headhunting leaving a trail of injuries behind, topped off by crude parents...eh. Unfortunately that is your organization's "brand" down here now, a lot of rebuilding to do there since everyone has heard about "that team from Canada".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rematch between Edge and Looneys would be great! Looneys would now loose by a large margin, and complaining and whining the whole time. Hope it happens soon to put this to rest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard Cor from Canada has obviously followed the same idea as Edge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard Cor from Canada has obviously followed the same idea as Edge.

Yup, overage hockey goons "playing" lacrosse. What a F'n joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rematch between Edge and Looneys would be great! Looneys would now loose by a large margin, and complaining and whining the whole time. Hope it happens soon to put this to rest
. So Edge could play their OVERAGE THUGS again and continue their headhunting/thug sh*t. This game was play a year ago, someone mentioned this game and what transpired yet it seems an Edge coach responded saying LAST year in capital letters and also indicated Looney's WAS talented but shows no respect to Looneys or anyone else. As far as I am concerned nothing would make me happier than for your club to stay out of the US and stay the [lacrosse] in Canada. Your reputation sucks and it is not just the Looneys 2020 game. It goes beyond that, it has happened many times in many games. Why not just play lacrosse the way it should be played and knock off the thug behavior. Or, are Edge teams coached that wY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. So Edge could play their OVERAGE THUGS again and continue their headhunting/thug sh*t. This game was play a year ago, someone mentioned this game and what transpired yet it seems an Edge coach responded saying LAST year in capital letters and also indicated Looney's WAS talented but shows no respect to Looneys or anyone else. As far as I am concerned nothing would make me happier than for your club to stay out of the US and stay the [lacrosse] in Canada. Your reputation sucks and it is not just the Looneys 2020 game. It goes beyond that, it has happened many times in many games. Why not just play lacrosse the way it should be played and knock off the thug behavior. Or, are Edge teams coached that wY.

You sound like a bitter loser. Edge is a solid team that is rocking some of the Ill prepared wimpy prep school complainers. Why does that bother you so much? I am not an edge parent, but respect a talented team. All you people complaining about holdbacks need to take a closer look at your own team. Stop being jealous of all the edge boys who are being actively recruited as we speak. Our team welcomes the competition brought by Edge, if violations are committed, they will be called. Please stop your complaining

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
typical idiotic attitude.. Canadians are making lacrosse more popular.. you are just jealous college coaches love Canadian players

Page 13 of 51 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard