BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 264 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The original poster said how much people spend to try and get a small lacrosse scholarship how are u talking about what HS is better . Obsessed

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLEASE, do not mention St. Anthony's OR Chaminade in the same breath or sentence as Friends Academy if the discussion is centered on academics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
PLEASE, do not mention St. Anthony's OR Chaminade in the same breath or sentence as Friends Academy if the discussion is centered on academics.

Again , Earth to Idiot , nobody is comparing them. They were using an example of a school where it would be able to reclass before HS if opted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the upstate High Schools ranked higher than us in Class A if all of our travel teams are A, compared to upstate where typically their travel teams don't preform as well as Long Island's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great idea... Spend $25k at Friends... $40k at at Anthony's , plus $40k pg at prep school for the slim chance of 1/4 max athletic scholarship of $60k tuition...

repeating a grade and or PG'ing to make yourself more athletically desirable to an elite university, that you might not have been able to be admitted without going that route is a great option for some kids (not mine). I would never second guess a family that goes this way and ends up with an Ivy degree. I would venture to guess that those decision have little to do with athletic scholarship since it usually leads to an Ivy (no Athletic) or a Patriot league (few athletic)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the upstate High Schools ranked higher than us in Class A if all of our travel teams are A, compared to upstate where typically their travel teams don't preform as well as Long Island's?

They play lax year round upstate and have superior indoor box, clinics, etc. non money grab teams, etc. top kids come out better prepared by high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Victor moved to Class B, so everyone is playing for second.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They play lax year round upstate and have superior indoor box, clinics, etc. non money grab teams, etc. top kids come out better prepared by high school.

I wonder if it isn't that Long Island Parents turn their kids off of lax by being so overbearing by HS.

Actually now that I think about it... what makes sense is that the travel teams have way more talent to grab from and pool it together to make monster travel teams. However, typically you have to play HS in the district you are in which dilutes the "elite lacrosse club team".

Victor has a travel team which is also their HS team. If LI just grew the house teams to have them incorporate travel then we can compete on the Upstate NY level, is probably more accurate... but still Long Island parents are worse than getting a paper-cut in your eyeball, and I am one of them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is Idiot. Thank you. And please, do not be tempted to defend or compare either of those two other schools to Friends. Ever. I will find you. Wise up. Go Quakers. Just you wait till we ramp up Football!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Long Island HSs are typically smaller than upstate, so yes, there is a dilution in talent available to any one school, particuallry in Nassau. The class categorization of schools in NYS is supposed to normalize this, but you are still comparing LI, a largely suburban area to one of, if not the, largest urban centers in the world, to upstate, which is largely a typical rural setting, so not sure the class thing truly normalizes the situation.

I wonder if it isn't that Long Island Parents turn their kids off of lax by being so overbearing by HS.

Actually now that I think about it... what makes sense is that the travel teams have way more talent to grab from and pool it together to make monster travel teams. However, typically you have to play HS in the district you are in which dilutes the "elite lacrosse club team".

Victor has a travel team which is also their HS team. If LI just grew the house teams to have them incorporate travel then we can compete on the Upstate NY level, is probably more accurate... but still Long Island parents are worse than getting a paper-cut in your eyeball, and I am one of them

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
big weekend this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very big weekend this weekend,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
big weekend this weekend.

2 days long, just like very other weekend . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes it a very big weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes it a very big weekend?
Football Championships? Wait, wrong page

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know but its a big weekend this weekend! Trust me, the other guy said so!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very good program - how many returning players for Victor - that provides the best insight into likeliness of another championship - Set returns a lot of talent this year in B - SWR dropped to C

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekend before thanksgiving, always a big weekend in my house. Cleaning up, getting out the big cooking gear, alerting the fire department that i will trying to deep fry a turkey and to have their guys on standby when my deck goes up again.. See.. big weekend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know but its a big weekend this weekend! Trust me, the other guy said so!!

Big tournament at Farmingdale for High school teams. Pray that the fields are playable with rain in the forecast

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again...good one! Enjoy the very big weekend this weekend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sunday elite event, so many great high school teams. Will be great to get an early look. Some great match ups. This used to be called the Rotanz event. Many college coaches will be in attendance as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sunday elite event, so many great high school teams. Will be great to get an early look. Some great match ups. This used to be called the Rotanz event. Many college coaches will be in attendance as well.

Does anyone know if/where college coaches are listed so my son can email his schedule? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know if/where college coaches are listed so my son can email his schedule? Thanks.

What you do is have your son email the coaches from the schools that he is interested in and forward the game schedule and jersey number. A lot will make the effort to come by and watch if you have been in contact with them prior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players will be issued tournament pinneys with #'s for this event. College coaches in attendance will have the list of players and #'s. Email the coaches of the schools your son is interested in and ask if they will be in attendance and to check the roster lists they are given, but be sure to email the coaches of your son's schedule, hope this helps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pinnie numbers were due to roster book on nov 7. Get your pinnie number from your coach and email the colleges this info with your schedule. From past experience this event is attended by 50-75 coaches. Plenty will be there. Great event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately that tournament is competing with the NLF also at Farmingdale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With both events being held at the same venue there will be more coaches at the Fall Classic than ever before. Go watch a 2020 game between two of the top NLF teams if you want to see a bunch of college coaches.

Great Idea having both events at the same place. There will be a ton of coaches but they will be spread thin. If you are still in the recruiting process you just have to hope the coaches are watching your game.

Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With both events being held at the same venue there will be more coaches at the Fall Classic than ever before. Go watch a 2020 game between two of the top NLF teams if you want to see a bunch of college coaches.

Great Idea having both events at the same place. There will be a ton of coaches but they will be spread thin. If you are still in the recruiting process you just have to hope the coaches are watching your game.

Good luck to all.

The player needs to email the coaches of the schools he is interested in. The coaches don't randomly pick what game they are going to watch, they go to see specific players who will be in that particular game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea ...great idea...go watch a 2020 game to look at coaches...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Individual Showcase is Saturday tons of coaches on the list very impressive..

2019's are on Field 15 starting at 9AM

4 teams total

yea ...great idea...go watch a 2020 game to look at coaches...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any lines on how many coaches will be at the 2020's game... What's the over under on that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No coach watch 9th graders trust me..
Any lines on how many coaches will be at the 2020's game... What's the over under on that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL - yeah most of the top schools class of 2020 is full

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Slow down cowboy. We will see about that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look up commitments and then compare to roster, see how many of the commits actually play for the same school they commit to. You may be surprised by the results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yale only has 5 kids picked for 2019's..maybe 1 2020

LOL - yeah most of the top schools class of 2020 is full

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the Islip winter league has a schedule posted ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any information or details about this league you can post? Have a HS team looking for a winter league (Indoor or Outdoor)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone advise if College coaches usually attend the Brine tryout? on L I next week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any information or details about this league you can post? Have a HS team looking for a winter league (Indoor or Outdoor)

Call the Islip Coach. All games played there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 264 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard