BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 79 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 78 79
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people keep calling out "national" teams? They are essentially pointless and are 1 more way for a club to make money. They play in the same tournaments as all the other teams, are coached by the same people, and get the same exposure so why bother?? Dukes has 1 "national" team and they play at the 22 level. Their 8th grade team is not a national team, they are Dukes Young Guns and are not very strong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also have a Dukes National 2023 Team we played them at NXT Harvest and beat them 8-7 and I believe Brotherly Love beat them 5-0.
I agree with you not sure what the point is playing for a National Team unless you play other all star teams like Team Texas or Team California for example. If your National team can't beat a good local team might need to rethink the model. Give me a break they didn't score a goal against Brotherly Love, yeah they are an excellent team but not a single goal? This isn't soccer. Take the National out of the name and call it Dukes Supplemental. Its solely for the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results from Todays Big4 event at The Hill?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But there is no "Team Texas" or "Team California", national teams make zero sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will always be people willing to pay to play so they can say that Johnny is playing for a National Team...you know the type ...we all have acquaintances like that

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]That is the point nobody can tell what the talent level of HHH is anymore because they go out of their way to not play the local teams. We can only beat the teams that go to the tournament however we also play the national teams as well.

But lets take a look at your NLF Summer Series from last year.

HHH Results
2024 Didn't even field a team

2023 Loss to 91 Bandits 18-1
Loss to 91 Warriors (there B Team) 12-5
Loss to Laxachusetts Green (there B Team) 9-8
Finally beat Team Superstar 14-4 but they are neither super nor stars

2022 Beat Leading Edge Elite 6-4 that team isn't good and you know it
Loss to LIE 10-5
Tie Express 8-8 Bad Long Island Team
Loss to 91 Smash 9-2
Loss to Superstar 9-2

2021 Loss to Eclipse 8-7 You think that Eclipse is good?
Finally spank someone Long Island Outlaws 9-1 U think they are good?
Loss to Laxachusetts A Team 12-2
Beat them in Losers Bracket 7-6 that is actually impressive good going

2020 Seams to be a good team went 3-1

2019 You came in last and didn't win a single game won't post the scores.

Again, once great but the original post was $$$ money grab...change the club name to Little 4 and one "H"

I think wear there is smoke there is fire. I beieve this is the post that is being brought up because they used tourney machine scores to make their point. Since Triple H was at this tournament at mcdonugh that also posting no scores, maybet ther is somethig there.
HHH 2021s went 3-0 at McDonugh, fyi. Playing Laxachuttets, 91, Crabs, Superstar, Legacy, etc on a regular basis is a better experience for my kid. I'm sure some Philly teams could beat HHH. Cool. Nobody cares but you and you other dads that need validation that little Johnny's team can beat the other teams in the area. HHH has made my kid better and will continue to do so. I hope your kid's team goes 5-0 at Meltdown, Patriot Games, NXT Cup, and (insert local tourney here). HHH plays on LI so they can play (and most times get beat by) the better teams in the country. I hope you enjoy posting those pics on Facebook of your kid's team winning some tourney. That's whats important: winning 7th grade tourneys and bragging about it. Your kid's team is better than HHH. Good for you and your kid. We strive to be at your level: combing the internet for past tourney scores from 6th grade summer lax tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All fired up aren't ya. So 2021s are good so good fo ya. 2022, 2023, 2024 and the future...not so much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because you are playin on Long Island don't mean much, there are like three elite clubs there and that is it. All the Long Island teams are coming here to play in Philly because NXT does a great job and geographically Philly is halfway between the best Maryland teams and LI. There is not a tournament with a better youth field than NXT Cup in June until you play that tournament with your teams you are hiding.

Why don't you put the topic to rest and actually play NXT Cup this year check out the field from last year and tell me ONE tournament that has a stronger youth field than NXT Cup and I will shut up.

C'mon now if you aren't playing the strongest tournament in the summer schedule and it is in your back yard you can't play the we go up to Long Island because the lacrosse is better...all the teams Long Island Teams are in Philly that weekend including your NLF teams that you are partnered with. If every single NLF Team is in Philly playing the NXT Cup why aren't you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gee you sound like one of the sales people for NXT. Nobody better at making money than they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All fired up aren't ya. So 2021s are good so good fo ya. 2022, 2023, 2024 and the future...not so much

Just because you are playin on Long Island don't mean much, there are like three elite clubs there and that is it. All the Long Island teams are coming here to play in Philly because NXT does a great job and geographically Philly is halfway between the best Maryland teams and LI. There is not a tournament with a better youth field than NXT Cup in June until you play that tournament with your teams you are hiding.

Why don't you put the topic to rest and actually play NXT Cup this year check out the field from last year and tell me ONE tournament that has a stronger youth field than NXT Cup and I will shut up.

C'mon now if you aren't playing the strongest tournament in the summer schedule and it is in your back yard you can't play the we go up to Long Island because the lacrosse is better...all the teams Long Island Teams are in Philly that weekend including your NLF teams that you are partnered with. If every single NLF Team is in Philly playing the NXT Cup why aren't you?

It wail ruin the illusion, like Dukes that they are still an elite program. You can't tell me those kids are learning anything going up to LI and getting beat by 15 goals a game to the A teams. Here is thought stay home save the travel expenses and have your kids practice more.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this guy is making a decent point here despite all the apparent animosity. I know two families that left Triple H who had some issues but the main one, they just weren't happy with the time and expense associated going up to Long Island multiple times in the same month.

Rather simple question, "why does Triple H not play in Philly based tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this guy is making a decent point here despite all the apparent animosity. I know two families that left Triple H who had some issues but the main one, they just weren't happy with the time and expense associated going up to Long Island multiple times in the same month.

Rather simple question, "why does Triple H not play in Philly based tournaments.

If you look at it from the outside it is pretty smart why they don't have there 22/23/24 teams play local. How could they justify charging what they do and not getting any results. If you are a parent and see your son's team losing to LI team's maybe you can justify it, but if Mesa/Sons/BL/Freedom are smoking your teams that is a different story. I realize at young ages it is not about W's and L's, but to not be competitive is the last thing you want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just googled Tourney Machine NXT Cup 2016 to see what all the fuss was about. That is the best youth tourney field I have seen in regards to number of teams, Long Island empties out and descends on Philly that weekend and Maryland teams also come out in droves. On top of that seeing teams from Seattle, California, Texas, New England and Florida.

Even the B Team Brackets are stacked.

Much as I hate to say it I have to agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Afraid they will lose their kids to other programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just googled Tourney Machine NXT Cup 2016 to see what all the fuss was about. That is the best youth tourney field I have seen in regards to number of teams, Long Island empties out and descends on Philly that weekend and Maryland teams also come out in droves. On top of that seeing teams from Seattle, California, Texas, New England and Florida.

Even the B Team Brackets are stacked.

Much as I hate to say it I have to agree.

OK NXT daddy or do you work for them?! That is the question

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey let's stop the bashing...or at least for a couple of days call a truce.

Just got an email from my son's club team that they are forming a team to compete in the World Series of Youth Lacrosse in Denver. The tourament dropped their eligibility for the first time to align with US Lacrosse September 1st. This is really a U13 tournament or in the club team world a mix of 2022/2023.

Can a team from Philly compete? Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey let's stop the bashing...or at least for a couple of days call a truce.

Just got an email from my son's club team that they are forming a team to compete in the World Series of Youth Lacrosse in Denver. The tourament dropped their eligibility for the first time to align with US Lacrosse September 1st. This is really a U13 tournament or in the club team world a mix of 2022/2023.

Can a team from Philly compete? Thoughts?

I team from Philly could totally compete. I highly recommend doing it, my son played in the tournament and it was an awesome experience!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club is it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for Brotherly Love they are taking eligible kids and combining their 2022 and 2023 teams. I think our 2023 team is top 3 in the country this year and our 2022 team has 4 of the best players from Freedom 2022 that play both clubs. Goalie will likely be a kid
From Lehigh that is excellent but they are having open tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the World Series truly dropped to US Lacrosse age requirements then absolutely, a Philly team can not only compete but they can win. Philadelphia youth lacrosse does not have nearly the amount of re-classed kids that the hotbeds have so there's a natural advantage there in that probably 85% of the kids on the Philly teams are going to be age appropriate and have played together for years as opposed to a thrown together team. Keep one thing in mind though, even though most Philly teams are age appropriate many of them have 2 or 3 kids with July and August birthdays so they will not be able to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone from Philly should go to promote the sport, the city, and represent the youth club scene. Maybe not the hotbed as Baltimore and LI; however, the list of illustrious Philadelphia players that played the game at an elite level is pretty damn impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for Brotherly Love they are taking eligible kids and combining their 2022 and 2023 teams. I think our 2023 team is top 3 in the country this year and our 2022 team has 4 of the best players from Freedom 2022 that play both clubs. Goalie will likely be a kid
From Lehigh that is excellent but they are having open tryouts

Where is the information on these tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone from Philly should go to promote the sport, the city, and represent the youth club scene. Maybe not the hotbed as Baltimore and LI; however, the list of illustrious Philadelphia players that played the game at an elite level is pretty damn impressive.

Someone should hold an open tryout for a Team Philadelphia
Maybe get a corporate sponsor to help defer some of the cost and attract the best kids
Perhaps a local college coach could handle the coaching and not a daddy
These are all things that won't happen, btw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed not going to happen. Check out the WYSL website they are discouraging an all start team. You have to play a season with the team that you go with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tryouts are December 4th they don't say on the email if it is open to players outside of the club. It looks to me they are having tryouts but it is going to be the best players from Freedom 2022 that also play BL 2022 and the oldest/best players from Brotherly Love 2023. Essentially a combination team of Freedom 2022 and Brotherly Love 2023. That will be a [lacrosse] of a team and not sure they even need to go outside of the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wsyl wants it both ways. They want a real team which has played together all season which are all grade based but also want a hard cutoff at 9/1.

The real teams have a couple kids older than 9/1.

The scumbag teams will cut the kids older than 9/1 and go play the B teams at WYSL without them and the real teams will play all tournament with all their kids as they have all season and decide the real championship at young guns or Millon championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wsyl wants it both ways. They want a real team which has played together all season which are all grade based but also want a hard cutoff at 9/1.

The scumbag teams will cut the kids older than 9/1 and go play the B teams at WYSL without them and the real teams will play all tournament with all their kids as they have all season and decide the real championship at young guns or Millon championship.

I disagree about the grade based piece. It seems to be well marketed as a u13 event.
I like that.
Puts all those hold backs in their proper place, age wise.
The really good teams will have players that don't qualify but should have a bench of B players or 23s to fill the void.
Give me age based any day. Levels the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for an excellent grade based team; however, I 100% agree that Youth Lacrosse should be age based like soccer. WSYL got it right, albeit three years into the initiative. If you watch the games the last two years the size disparity was apparent and unfair resulting in games that really weren't enjoyable to watch and I am sure that ESPN doesn't want that either.

Little League WS of baseball which is what WSYL is obviously emulating is age based and NOT grade based can you imagine the cheating that would occur in baseball if it were grade based? What would the teams look like coming from Asia and South America? It isn't inconceivable they would hold kids back 3-4 years if it were GRADE based. Hold your kid back once, twice, three times....

You are missing the boat the objective is NOT to see who the best club team is in America and it makes no mention of it on their site, but rather who is the best U13 team and if club teams restructure their programs to reconcile to WSYL that isn't bad and they certainly aren't scumbags, that's a bit dramatic.

The only people that want grade based have an agenda that links back to their club team or because they want to stack the deck in their favor.
It is better for our sport to have it based on age and any argument to the contrary is self serving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 NY is sending a team where they mixed their age eligible boys and combined from several different teams. Suffice to say they are a REAL team and actually will be in reverse of what you are saying. They will be sending their B TEAM to Young Gunz.

As much as you may try, comparing another Bel Air Maryland Tournmanet to Playing in the Broncos Mile High Stadium on ESPN before a national tv audience just makes you sound silly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like little Johnny isn't eligible because you held him back. Don't $*&t on the event as a result. It's truly great to see the kids on ESPN that are age eligible.
I applaud WSYL for this change and hope more tourneys go to this.
Afraid they won't, however.
Far too much focus on recruiting. Recruiting of rising 8th graders. Nothing broken there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very much agree with age based. The thing nobody mentions is the emotional and pscyhological toll on these young kids in high school and college when the reality hits them squarely in the face that they really aren't as elite or good as they were led to believe their whole life by their parents pushing them.

I see it now in young boys that have dominated their whole young life from 1st grade to middle school becuase they were always older. Or the kid that was a stud high school/club player in and then can't get off the bench at Penn State. There are several local boys form Philly that went to Penn State and I haven't heard their names since they signed their letters of intent.

Until recently it looked to me like alot of the Haverford School boys didn't have the same success in college that they did in high school. While HS boys teams are always tops in the country, what is the emotional and psychological toll when they sit on the bench for their whole college career. Do they quit the team, do the drop out of college, do they leave the sport, there really is no data that I am aware of; howver, there has to be collateral damage from always being the best, fastest, biggest and then one day waking up and facing the reality that the sport you once thought you were "the man" you really aren't.

It needs to be age based as I am guessing it is the parents holding back these kids and not the kids going to their parents and saying "hey dad can I repeat 9th grade so I can kick butt on the lacrosse field, I am cool with my friends thinking I must be really dumb to have to repeat a grade...."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like little Johnny isn't eligible because you held him back. Don't $*&t on the event as a result. It's truly great to see the kids on ESPN that are age eligible.
I applaud WSYL for this change and hope more tourneys go to this.
Afraid they won't, however.
Far too much focus on recruiting. Recruiting of rising 8th graders. Nothing broken there.

It is comical seeing rising 8th graders committing that probably won't see any playing time at the HS level until there jnr/snr years...The brain trust at the NCAA's needs to step in and do something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face it US Lacrosse needs to grow some balls and mandate the change by having a policy that they will NOT Sanction any club, tournament, or individual that plays in a grade based event. Yea it will [lacrosse] off the elite clubs out there but the majority of these events and teams get their liability insurance through US Lacrosse and if all of a sudden they have to shop around for their insurance clubs and tournaments will start changing. Until they do all the club teams will continue giving "the bird" to their policy they articulated to the point that it is embarassing to US Lacrosse. Hey US Lacrosse... the whole club world is mooning ya...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Scumbag Teams"....Yo dude that is harsh, I know we spend the majority of the day demeaning each other but come on, I am going to have to you out for a Missanelli Violation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is the youngest in his class.
Continues to play and compete at a high level. He's a committed D1 player at a local HS.
What was frustrating for him was the 7th/8th grade years.
All kids grow and mature at a different pace but multiple 6' 7th graders on a team? Come on. I'm not gonna be a whiner and say "that's not fair" but I will be a parent and say "that's not safe" and "that's not sporting"
He eventually caught up and surpassed the "big boys" out there and he ultimately was a better player for it. I do not condone it, however. A few concussions and some other injuries from getting trucked doesn't make you "stronger"
The one time giants now ride the bench on their HS teams. You'll see it, if they don't develop the stick skills. Ask many HS coaches: they convert former middies and attackmen into poles once the size is there.
We all know that middle school hero. My kid wasn't one of them.
The sport needs to go to age based like virtually every single non-HS sport out there. Wake up. The boys playing men thing is a liability.
Go to birth year or along grade based guidelines: 9/1
Good luck to all you new to the lax world. I think things have unfortunately gotten worse.
Above all, enjoy the ride and ensure your kids are having fun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is an anolamy and not sure why. I think it has always been a niche support and a haven for preppie afffluent communities. One of the few collegiate sports that Ivy League Schools continue to rank at the highest level in the NCAA. That controlling faction is the only influencer that I can come up with that is manipulating the sport to its detriment.

The prep schools that litter the high school rankings every year, locally, Malvern, Haverford, and Episcopal are the single greatest beneficiaries of the re-classifcation tactic. Our neighbor is an outstanding pole and he was recruited to play for Haverford School. The first thing they made him do was repeat 9th grade.

If these bastions in the sport not only condone but encourage reclassification the reality is that outside of the high school ranks the sport will suffer even more as the playing field isn't level. In fairness the elite schools mostly play each other and the MIAA in Maryland is probably the greatest offender when it comes to reclassification and they often play each other and the Haverfords, Episopoal, and etc. are all on their schedules. The issue is when these schools then play Avon Grove, Springfield, Garnet Valley. It does beg the question if these elite private schools would even beat the public schools considering the majority of their rosters are filled with kids in "13th" grade.

That is the real reason, these private schools continue to be elite by gaming the system and these are the same individuals that fill the ranks of US Lacrosse.

Only way to lend clarity to a rather inane system. The world is round and NOT flat and anyone that believes grade over age based should be the standard sounds just about as silly as those that once believed the world is flat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem is you are wrong. Very few tourneys use US lacrosse for insurance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem is you are wrong. Very few tourneys use US lacrosse for insurance.

Regardless, we are the CUSTOMER of our "elite" programs and US Lacrosse.
They need to listen to their CUSTOMERS.
I have yet to have a face to face conversation with a parent who wouldn't support an age based model. Even parents of the reclassed or holdbacks.
Club soccer has been around far longer and is far more evolved than US Lacrosse will ever be. Same with hockey, field hockey, AAU basketball, Pop Warner Football, Little League, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know two local tourneys that do use them for insurance but you remain obtuse my befuddled friend, the point has hurtled past you like Haley's comet and your dim perspective is being diverted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is an anolamy and not sure why. I think it has always been a niche support and a haven for preppie afffluent communities. One of the few collegiate sports that Ivy League Schools continue to rank at the highest level in the NCAA. That controlling faction is the only influencer that I can come up with that is manipulating the sport to its detriment.

The prep schools that litter the high school rankings every year, locally, Malvern, Haverford, and Episcopal are the single greatest beneficiaries of the re-classifcation tactic. Our neighbor is an outstanding pole and he was recruited to play for Haverford School. The first thing they made him do was repeat 9th grade.

If these bastions in the sport not only condone but encourage reclassification the reality is that outside of the high school ranks the sport will suffer even more as the playing field isn't level. In fairness the elite schools mostly play each other and the MIAA in Maryland is probably the greatest offender when it comes to reclassification and they often play each other and the Haverfords, Episopoal, and etc. are all on their schedules. The issue is when these schools then play Avon Grove, Springfield, Garnet Valley. It does beg the question if these elite private schools would even beat the public schools considering the majority of their rosters are filled with kids in "13th" grade.

That is the real reason, these private schools continue to be elite by gaming the system and these are the same individuals that fill the ranks of US Lacrosse.

Only way to lend clarity to a rather inane system. The world is round and NOT flat and anyone that believes grade over age based should be the standard sounds just about as silly as those that once believed the world is flat. T

There are inter ac schools with very little to no reclassed kids. MP and Springside Chestnut Hill for starters.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 79 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard