BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 79 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 78 79
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Job may be moving me to PA (Blue Bell Area). I have an 8th grader that struggles today with academics (He a bit immature for his age) but a great player. Thinking about having him repeat 8th again next year in conjunction with this move. He is 10/2003 Birthday. I don't know much about the teams on that area. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Looking for a good program...also a no "crazy parents" team.

We get enough of that on Long Island.

Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My Job may be moving me to PA (Blue Bell Area). I have an 8th grader that struggles today with academics (He a bit immature for his age) but a great player. Thinking about having him repeat 8th again next year in conjunction with this move. He is 10/2003 Birthday. I don't know much about the teams on that area. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Looking for a good program...also a no "crazy parents" team.

We get enough of that on Long Island.

Thanks.

What school district are you moving into? Are you planning on staying public or going private. There are top notch schools either way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Sons
2022 Freedom
2023 Brotherly Love
2024 Brotherly Love

2022 Sons will surprise some people...

I sure was "surprised"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Sons
2022 Freedom
2023 Brotherly Love
2024 Brotherly Love

I sure was "surprised"

Looks like Sons didn't have such a great day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Sons
2022 Freedom
2023 Brotherly Love
2024 Brotherly Love

I sure was "surprised"

Freedom 2022 is a very good team. Very very good at midfield and defense. And well coached.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Sons
2022 Freedom
2023 Brotherly Love
2024 Brotherly Love

I sure was "surprised"

Really? They went 2-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Sons
2022 Freedom
2023 Brotherly Love
2024 Brotherly Love

I sure was "surprised"

Really? They went 2-1

They claim they are the best around, so, going 2-1 Isn't that great

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Sons
2022 Freedom
2023 Brotherly Love
2024 Brotherly Love

I sure was "surprised"

Really? They went 2-1

Yeah ok. Not one person from that organization that thought that. You must be a Hillary supporter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They aren't in the same class as Freedom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They aren't in the same class as Freedom.
agreed Freedom 2022 is really really good. Add a few attack and face off and they compete with anyone.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect on the "not one person" comment! The RS 22 and 21 parents were told we were the best teams in PA and would compete with Freedom 22 and Mesa 21. 22s aren't even close and 21s are just ok, lost to Freedom 21 by 1 but was down by 3. Supposedly we returned their best attack man from the "great team" 2 years ago and his parents are already regretting it. Can't wait for NXT next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings were 75% correct, except Freedom won the 21 division. So:
2021 Freedom
2022 Freedom
2023 BL
2024 BL

2021 Sons
2022 Freedom
2023 Brotherly Love
2024 Brotherly Love[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect on the "not one person" comment! The RS 22 and 21 parents were told we were the best teams in PA and would compete with Freedom 22 and Mesa 21. 22s aren't even close and 21s are just ok, lost to Freedom 21 by 1 but was down by 3. Supposedly we returned their best attack man from the "great team" 2 years ago and his parents are already regretting it. Can't wait for NXT next year.

anyone that knows "king son" knows he always thinks his teams are the best out there. Even though they lose all of the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2021 Sons
2022 Freedom
2023 Brotherly Love
2024 Brotherly Love

Really? They went 2-1

Yeah ok. Not one person from that organization that thought that. You must be a Hillary supporter.

what does being a "Hillary supporter" have to do with anything? I don't understand your logic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep hearing how great NXT 2020 is-why not at the NLF this weekend with the big boys??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep hearing how great NXT 2020 is-why not at the NLF this weekend with the big boys??

no one is talking about how great they are except them...
very typical of some of the daddies on that team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT 2020 is at Quaker this Sunday playing against the best teams. How about talking snack AFTER this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One no you haven't heard that because no-one from that team has made that claim. Two, Billy and his HHH brand wouldn't let them in. Three they don't have to go there will be just as many coaches at Quakerfest watching them play Sweetlax NY and Sweetlax FL. The team is the first year its been together but they do have talent. 5 who cares, worry about your own teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And also, NXT has the most committed 2020's in philly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They blast it all over social media. They can't help it. Also, stop blaming everything on HHH-the tournaments your in are weak. No way will there be more coaches at quakerfest than NLF tourney at Boys Latin. That tourney is stacked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They blast it all over social media. They can't help it. Also, stop blaming everything on HHH-the tournaments your in are weak. No way will there be more coaches at quakerfest than NLF tourney at Boys Latin. That tourney is stacked.

One major drawback of playing for NXT is that their teams are locked into playing in their own tournaments. So those teams won't play at the quality tournaments. For example, when the Crabfest is going on, the NXT teams will be playing in their MVP rising events (I think that is the one that runs the same weekend). They will never be part of the NLF, and maybe they don't care about that, but you have to admit the competition there is decent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of them but not all. There were a bunch of big 10/acc/ivy coaches at MVP Rising. I would agree they should do 2 of their own in summer and 2-3 outside. Doesn't seem like they have had a hard time getting kids recruited though. Their Fall event is the top event in the country. I guarantee coaches are lined up to watch them play Sweetlax Saturday and Sunday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Discussing wins and losses or the "number of coaches present" to see a young 9th grader play reinforces to me how flawed the process has become.
I guess the current practice is to "display" the boy in front of as many suitors as you can to see if one bites. And then we wonder why so many early rectruits are now decommitting and changing later in high school.
If the kid is good he will be found. Research the schools that will be a right fit for him, make those coaches aware of the interest, and if he is worthy, they will see him no matter what team or tourney he plays in.
NXT, HHH, Mesa, Dukes, Freedom, etc you name it....they are all placing kids in NCAA schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course there will be coaches at the NLF event. They will be at both. Most staffs go to separate events. Now if you remember last Summer while the NLF event was going on up on Long Island, the Head Coaches of the top schools were down on the sidelines at the Summer Philly Invite. The 2020 class is very strong in talent, every D1 college will have coaches at both events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is incorrect, Freedom and NXT have the same amount AND NXT's 2020 commits were all Rising Sons kids so NXT had no part of their commitments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone watch the NXT Harvest games? Dukes Young Guns seems like a mess! Coaches screaming while having a mouthful of Skoal and spitting on the sidelines! Only made me realize I made the right call not sending my son there. They lost to Freedom and got killed by 91, their coaches were screaming at every referee and then sent 6 A players to play in the B division. Does Duke Young Guns have any affiliation to the high school Dukes or is it like the Dukes Lite teams that folded?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is incorrect, Freedom and NXT have the same amount AND NXT's 2020 commits were all Rising Sons kids so NXT had no part of their commitments.
Freedom has 2, NXT 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Freedom has 2, NXT 3

I'm pretty sure Freedom has 3 too. Doesn't really matter but it is kinda crazy that Freedom and NXT have multiple commits at 2020 but Dukes, Mesa, HHH don't have 1. The balance of power is swinging away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dukes teams definitely had individual talent. Top notch clubs that play together year round usually beat them. Interesting concept, don't know how I feel about it. Playing with an all start team in a regular tournament. I know that Madlax has a National team and 91 has moved in that direction as well with their different franchises. Seems a bit unfair to enter in a regular tournament but people not making a big deal I think because they aren't dominating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dukes teams definitely had individual talent. Top notch clubs that play together year round usually beat them. Interesting concept, don't know how I feel about it. Playing with an all start team in a regular tournament. I know that Madlax has a National team and 91 has moved in that direction as well with their different franchises. Seems a bit unfair to enter in a regular tournament but people not making a big deal I think because they aren't dominating.

There is not a national team at the 8th grade level. Not sure about seventh grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes is a pyramid scheme. Really?? Let me give you another 300.00 and then nickle and dime for camps and then nickle and dime to play in tournaments... And oh buy the way your kid may never play....They are marketing this to parents that are already paying 2k a year to play on their existing club..Give me a break...money grab

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] Dukes is a pyramid scheme. Really?? Let me give you another 300.00 and then nickle and dime for camps and then nickle and dime to play in tournaments... And oh buy the way your kid may never play....They are marketing this to parents that are already paying 2k a year to play on their existing club..Give me a break...money grab

More of a money grab than clubs charging $2500 before showcase events? Are any of these programs benevolent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's up with B'more not posting the scores on tourney machine and just the game schedules. Some of your blind ask not to post the scores so people can't call out other teams for being a money grab and paying top dollar to play on a mediocre team? Gimme a break what's next every gets a turn to shoot on goal until every player gets a goal. My son plays in a baseball league like that. Three strikes? Of course not you get to swing until Johnie gets a hit. Even if it is a playday....Man Up ....bunch of pansies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um let's not keep score ...you guys don't mind do you...just keep it a friendly ...and if we do keep score do you mind not posting it because people in Philly are saying we aren't a good club because we get smoked by the good teams in LI and ....and if you don't publish score I can still look like we are a premier team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's up with B'more not posting the scores on tourney machine and just the game schedules. Some of your blind ask not to post the scores so people can't call out other teams for being a money grab and paying top dollar to play on a mediocre team? Gimme a break what's next every gets a turn to shoot on goal until every player gets a goal. My son plays in a baseball league like that. Three strikes? Of course not you get to swing until Johnie gets a hit. Even if it is a playday....Man Up ....bunch of pansies

Total BS. Just like the NCAA fall ball games not keeping score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree with the first guy. Don't play that card. Look at NXT and their Harvest Tournament. That was a playday and all the scores are listed. Look at all of the Long Island Tournaments they keep score. Hogan's Lax Fall Touranment that was also a playday without championship posted all the scores. There is nothing wrong with losing just learn from it and get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournaments that post scores are probably republicans..,and the tournaments that don't post scores are liberal democrats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree with the first guy. Don't play that card. Look at NXT and their Harvest Tournament. That was a playday and all the scores are listed. Look at all of the Long Island Tournaments they keep score. Hogan's Lax Fall Touranment that was also a playday without championship posted all the scores. There is nothing wrong with losing just learn from it and get better.

I get the interest in scores. I check them to. But you guys are reading much more into this. Assuming you are referring to the tournaments at McDonogh the past 2 Sundays - scores were kept. At least in the 10/30 play day they had scorers table with visible scores. Wasn't there last sunday but I'm sure it was the same. It was last year. Not posting the scores was probably the decision of the tourney organizer not believing it is important that he update the world on youth lacrosse scores. None of the coaches would have cared if he did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I look at those scores all the time before, during, and after the tourney. It is odd to not use such an easy web based tool that was so good that Sports Illustrated bought them. The beauty of the scores is that it allows me to assess who we are playing and get a sense of are they good, are they not good, how do they stack up with other teams, how did they fare against common opponents. I then use that information to try to optimize playing time and strategically rest players, which over a three-four game day really can be critical. I use it to try and plan when I can get bench players quality minutes. Very good tool to help in tourament planning.

Don't know what could be the reason but I do agree that it is odd to not post them. I see parents and coaches all day long looking at the scores and schedules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That is the point nobody can tell what the talent level of HHH is anymore because they go out of their way to not play the local teams. We can only beat the teams that go to the tournament however we also play the national teams as well.

But lets take a look at your NLF Summer Series from last year.

HHH Results
2024 Didn't even field a team

2023 Loss to 91 Bandits 18-1
Loss to 91 Warriors (there B Team) 12-5
Loss to Laxachusetts Green (there B Team) 9-8
Finally beat Team Superstar 14-4 but they are neither super nor stars

2022 Beat Leading Edge Elite 6-4 that team isn't good and you know it
Loss to LIE 10-5
Tie Express 8-8 Bad Long Island Team
Loss to 91 Smash 9-2
Loss to Superstar 9-2

2021 Loss to Eclipse 8-7 You think that Eclipse is good?
Finally spank someone Long Island Outlaws 9-1 U think they are good?
Loss to Laxachusetts A Team 12-2
Beat them in Losers Bracket 7-6 that is actually impressive good going

2020 Seams to be a good team went 3-1

2019 You came in last and didn't win a single game won't post the scores.

Again, once great but the original post was $$$ money grab...change the club name to Little 4 and one "H"

I think wear there is smoke there is fire. I beieve this is the post that is being brought up because they used tourney machine scores to make their point. Since Triple H was at this tournament at mcdonugh that also posting no scores, maybet ther is somethig there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 79 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard