BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 144 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No one is staying on 2017 Piranhas,2.400 for a C team.

People will stay, it still should be a decent team, although it is somewhat expensive

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How funny this all is. That these parasites have so many of you parents thinking that if your kid doesn't pay 3 grand and play for the top express team he will never be good enough, or seen by college coaches.

What a waste of money, time, energy, and your kid's childhood. I played at the Div 1, level and have 3 sons that all went D I You don't need to do this. If your kid is a good athelete he'll make it without losing his youth to this nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one fall tournament cost $1400 dollars
24 X $1000 = $24,000
Coaches do not get paid
If he has 20 teams @$24,000 per team = $480,000 Gross
I would love to be MC
Its a graet buisness move

Time will tell if increasing the cost by 60% in a bad economy is a savy business move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was curious why express tryouts were later than most this year...I guess they couldn't .drop that $2400 bomb until most tryouts were done and kids had no other place to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 X $1000 = $24,000
Coaches do not get paid
I would love to be MC

Time will tell if increasing the cost by 60% in a bad economy is a savy business move.
60% is an exaggeration. it's more like $400 more than last years fall and summer price. I heard everyone will be getting a helmet too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Move on already !! is anyone forcing you to pay. Shut up and find another cause to rally behind

Exactly. While everyone complains about what club is do what, Rome burns. I hope people are just as outraged November 6th!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How funny this all is. That these parasites have so many of you parents thinking that if your kid doesn't pay 3 grand and play for the top express team he will never be good enough, or seen by college coaches.

What a waste of money, time, energy, and your kid's childhood. I played at the Div 1, level and have 3 sons that all went D I You don't need to do this. If your kid is a good athelete he'll make it without losing his youth to this nonsense

MUCH MORE competitive landscape than when you played D1 and prob your kids also! Unless you have a Freshman or Sophomore on that level. Different world now buddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the order: baraccudas, piranhas, wolverines, terps. The cost for all ages is a wopping $2,400!

That's not what we were told. it's baracudas, terps, piranhas, wolverine. get your information straight. And of course , it matters.

No Baracudas in 2018 or in the 2017. Terps "A'.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your 3 top Middie'S all ready said no. Your best attack man going to true blue. I am trying to be nice because I know some kids on that team.If you want to pay $ 2,400 to get your [lacrosse] kick good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't Piranhas the B team, after the "chosen" Terps? The Wolverines are the C team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok rich guy, lose your job and MC will cut your kid befose you type your resume. Ha Ha Express new logo " If you can pay you can play"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you have 3 kids in DI. They didn't play for a this club and you are sitting around commenting on message boards. You should get outside some.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why are so many payers leaving the Express? My son plays here and i think they do a good job! Do think the new tuition is steep, but this is where my son enjoys playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't Piranhas the B team, after the "chosen" Terps? The Wolverines are the C team.

Very frustrating not to be able to get any reliable information on 2016, with deposits due by Wednesday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 teams....orange-terps...blue-wolverines....white-hammerheads

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
names for the 2020 teams? terps, hammerheads...?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 X $1000 = $24,000
Coaches do not get paid
I would love to be MC

60% is an exaggeration. it's more like $400 more than last years fall and summer price. I heard everyone will be getting a helmet too.

Then this should be layed out more precicely. A lot of people are throwing around 60%.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "terps". you gotta love this stuff..A terrapin is a turtle living in fresh or brackish water..JD must love that, cant wait to see the uniforms..all turtle like etc..MC cant wait to crush those guys..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MUCH MORE competitive landscape than when you played D1 and prob your kids also! Unless you have a Freshman or Sophomore on that level. Different world now buddy.

It may be a different world in some respects but some things never change - the importance of being ACADEMICALLY up to the challenge. So many parents and kids who do not have older siblings that have already gone through the experience of playing lacrosse completely under estimate the challenge of balancing the demands of the sport (D1 or D3) with a demanding curriculum. Whatever you do as parents, don't try to force your kid into the best school possible just because he can handle a lacrosse stick - UNLESS they are willing to drop lacrosse if the grades don't come through (assuming they are still enrolled). Trust me, you'll regret it more than anything else you've done for your kid and you'll likely be dealing with the headaches of commitment releases, athletic eligibility, transfering credits etc. after the first year, if not the first semester. Be honest with yourselves about your kid's work ethic in the classroom - you know your kid best. Are they a student that plays lacrosse or a just a "lax dude" who happens to play at a college?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great advice !! Nice to see an intelligent point made without bashing another.
THANK YOU !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clearly the order varies per year. 2016 is Baraccudas, piranhas etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$2400 is absurd. I guess with 5 partners you have to charge more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the definition of Terps. Is it a really big Turtle or an itty-bitty Turtle I have in my fish tank. Why are they not called the "Snappers"....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok is that the consensus now for 2016? Cudas Piranhas Wolverines?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terp is also what MC's son is in relation to the university he plays for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terp is also what MC's son is in relation to the university he plays for.

Sons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barracuda
Terps
Pirannah
Wolverines
Confirmed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps are b

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cudas, terps, piranahs, wolverines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "terps". you gotta love this stuff..A terrapin is a turtle living in fresh or brackish water..JD must love that, cant wait to see the uniforms..all turtle like etc..MC cant wait to crush those guys..

Ok lets all relax, long way to go before anyone is crushing the Turtles. Im not a turtle parent and I have no stake either way, but they are still the best team in the age group and the only team thats even close in talent is 91 Orange. MC can hope all he wants, but its just not a reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually if you get technical they are the C team, if you consider the Turtles the A team. What i dont get is why anyone would pay that much money to be on anyones B or C team. There are plenty of good organizations out there that have good "B" teams that dont charge a small fortune and actually might give a crap about your kid. Run for your life and find another place for your kid to play......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barracuda
Terps
Pirannah
Wolverines
Confirmed

For 2016? is anyone sure terps are a 2016 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps are a 2016 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid who always played B or C for Express and was just recruited. I think that is why. What about a kid who was C worked his butt off and was selected for a better team? Work hard Play hard Pays off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 teams this year (2013) for 2020 group blue team very succesful last year only lost 2 games overall alot of talent in that group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why are so many kids leaving the express? saw a bunch of express kids trying out at true blue???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is 2016 terps the "b" team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
check out when their birth dates, most were born in 98 and where they play is against 99 birthdays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why are so many kids leaving the express? saw a bunch of express kids trying out at true blue???

they didn't make the "A" teams they move on. Thats what the story is now on the long island club lacrosse scene.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they didn't make the "A" teams they move on. Thats what the story is now on the long island club lacrosse scene.

Do you blame them? Whos gonna pay 2400 to be on a B team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 144 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard