BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 44 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I thought this was supposed to be the super team from LI?? what happened?

Asked and answered but essentially you have a coach who was the assistant who by virtue of the actual head coach not being around is now the head coach. He knows nothing about lacrosse and does the friends and family thing and will continue to destroy the ability and chemistry of this team as he has done before.
From a Skywalker parent. The YJ team we played yesterday is excellent. New goalie is really good and makes their one two goalie tandem as good as any club team in the country. Solid athletes in all positions with a big league lefty attacker that can score or assist at will. Losing by a goal to the three best MD teams is tough, but an indication of darn good things to come. See you next Summer for some more great ball to watch. Thanks for coming down

Great to come down and play the 3 best teams in the nation. All great games and intense competition. YJ has beaten and lost to all three of these teams and will likely swap wins and loses for the rest of the way out. I would say that all these teams plus stars could win against the others on any given day. The chest pounding, team ranking, mud slinging is all just silly. At the end of the day we know exactly who the best teams are and we purposely attend the events in order to play them. Yes three losses by a total of three goals is not the results we hoped for, but the extremely competitive play is exactly what we hoped for. There is some ridiculous talent sprinkled throughout these teams and it was great to see and fun to watch. We play so many ridiculously uncompetitive games throughout the year that makes a tournament like this so awesome, win or lose.

Keep congratulating yourselves. You guys are pathetic with the ridiculous talent thing , get over yourselves . The good news is your 2021 YJ team now takes the top spot for worst top YJ team in history.

It is great to see all the mentioned teams at a single venue. And the talent on the field IS ridiculous! Sorry it sounds very much like your daughter is not on one of these teams. And hey, there are plenty of talented players playing on other teams, If your daughter is one of them, great, good for you. But don't hate and try to deny the talent of these other girls on these other teams. Most of the "who's who" of D1 down the road will in fact come from girls coming from this group of teams. Hating on them will not change that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they did. We found that it didn't make the game more physical, as some expect. It actually helped ref hear any type of head contact, that would normally be missed in a crowd, resulting in a few more calls.
I asked a few of the players after the game what they thought of them, and they were all very positive about using it. They admitted it did take a bit getting used too, but over all they don't mind playing with it.
It will be interesting to see how many other teams accept it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought this was supposed to be the super team from LI?? what happened?

Asked and answered but essentially you have a coach who was the assistant who by virtue of the actual head coach not being around is now the head coach. He knows nothing about lacrosse and does the friends and family thing and will continue to destroy the ability and chemistry of this team as he has done before.
From a Skywalker parent. The YJ team we played yesterday is excellent. New goalie is really good and makes their one two goalie tandem as good as any club team in the country. Solid athletes in all positions with a big league lefty attacker that can score or assist at will. Losing by a goal to the three best MD teams is tough, but an indication of darn good things to come. See you next Summer for some more great ball to watch. Thanks for coming down

Great to come down and play the 3 best teams in the nation. All great games and intense competition. YJ has beaten and lost to all three of these teams and will likely swap wins and loses for the rest of the way out. I would say that all these teams plus stars could win against the others on any given day. The chest pounding, team ranking, mud slinging is all just silly. At the end of the day we know exactly who the best teams are and we purposely attend the events in order to play them. Yes three losses by a total of three goals is not the results we hoped for, but the extremely competitive play is exactly what we hoped for. There is some ridiculous talent sprinkled throughout these teams and it was great to see and fun to watch. We play so many ridiculously uncompetitive games throughout the year that makes a tournament like this so awesome, win or lose.

Even when a YJ parent is trying to be "humble" they still have to lie. YJ lost to M&D by 3 goals alone. The others were one goal games, but wasn't even close in MD game. Why lie?

So here is your problem, it was a one goal game. They made an error entering the score in the tourny machine app, unfortunate for stalkers like you trying to make your point when in fact you have no idea what you are talking about. Never close is another indication of you ignorance, they were up by multiple goals at one point. Not looking for a fight with the M&D parents. You are a great team and the better team won, hats off to them. This is in response to a parent who clearly is not from either team and has no idea what they are talking about. Sad person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"It is great to see all the mentioned teams at a single venue. And the talent on the field IS ridiculous! Sorry it sounds very much like your daughter is not on one of these teams. And hey, there are plenty of talented players playing on other teams, If your daughter is one of them, great, good for you. But don't hate and try to deny the talent of these other girls on these other teams. Most of the "who's who" of D1 down the road will in fact come from girls coming from this group of teams. Hating on them will not change that."

Here is the issue you are just an ignorant pompous person and it shows in everything you write.You think most of the who's who will come from those four teams is the icing on the cake. Go look at the defending national champs and see how many off that team are from those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"It is great to see all the mentioned teams at a single venue. And the talent on the field IS ridiculous! Sorry it sounds very much like your daughter is not on one of these teams. And hey, there are plenty of talented players playing on other teams, If your daughter is one of them, great, good for you. But don't hate and try to deny the talent of these other girls on these other teams. Most of the "who's who" of D1 down the road will in fact come from girls coming from this group of teams. Hating on them will not change that."

Here is the issue you are just an ignorant pompous person and it shows in everything you write.You think most of the who's who will come from those four teams is the icing on the cake. Go look at the defending national champs and see how many off that team are from those teams.

Speaking of ignorant its quite interesting that you have chosen only last years roster. Consider that Northwestern and Maryland have won every championship outside of 2012 and 2016 going back to 2005. There were certainly many players from the aforementioned clubs. You should also read the original post again, I believe it reads "there are many talented players from other clubs" doesn't sound too pompous to me. It's time to let go of your anger ,I am sure it rears it"s ugly head in other aspects of your life.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Most of the "who's who" of D1 down the road will in fact come from girls coming from this group of teams"

If you don't see that believing most of the who's who in all D1 lacrosse will be coming from 4 teams in the 2021 age group you are delusional as well as a pompous idiot.Going back to look at teams from 2005 again shows your ignorance, the game and participation numbers across the country are very different now. You find it interesting that I would use a roster from last year when discussing future players but you think teams from 7-10 years ago are more relevant ,that makes perfect sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Most of the "who's who" of D1 down the road will in fact come from girls coming from this group of teams"

If you don't see that believing most of the who's who in all D1 lacrosse will be coming from 4 teams in the 2021 age group you are delusional as well as a pompous idiot.Going back to look at teams from 2005 again shows your ignorance, the game and participation numbers across the country are very different now. You find it interesting that I would use a roster from last year when discussing future players but you think teams from 7-10 years ago are more relevant ,that makes perfect sense.

I will follow your lead and go to more recent years. How about 2014 & 2015 Champs ? Maryland's teams were loaded with ladies from the clubs described earlier, Is that recent enough ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will follow your lead and go to more recent years. How about 2014 & 2015 Champs ? Maryland's teams were loaded with ladies from the clubs described earlier, Is that recent enough ?

You got me .You got me to remember you cannot argue with crazy or stupid.I guess all the other age groups and players besides those on the four superstar teams should just pack it in.Thanks crazy dad, not sure why the college coaches even watch any teams but the ones you mentioned.

You should get T-shirts made up with your new slogan, because as you said its a fact, what a tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW parent. I saw the YJ play against us in New Egypt last year at Lax for the Cure. The game had a championship feel to it. YJ has the middies and goal tenders to beat anyone at any time. They passed well in transition, in fact their passing was better than ours. There are certain teams that are exceptionally skilled in certain areas and the YJ's have great middies and this is a midfield game. I'm impressed with M&D's attack, Heros team defense and some other units/players as they come to mind.

Bottom line...I have no doubt YJ will be in the mix with everyone else this summer. They have legit talent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can't parents, coaches and players enjoy their success without a bunch of safe spacers trying to end the fun? Yes, they are only 13 and there is a long way to go, but they won today and let them enjoy it.

Your kid sucks today get over it or get better, she might be the best in 2 years.

You got me .You got me to remember you cannot argue with crazy or stupid.I guess all the other age groups and players besides those on the four superstar teams should just pack it in.Thanks crazy dad, not sure why the college coaches even watch any teams but the ones you mentioned.

You should get T-shirts made up with your new slogan, because as you said its a fact, what a tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best 2015 attack came from none of theose clubs..... how do any of you elitist answer that?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best 2015 attack came from none of theose clubs..... how do any of you elitist answer that?????
Educated guess... The top clubs are looking for physical, fast athletes to charge to the goal by middies. Very little emphasis on finesse attack play. M&D is the exception. They control the ball from behind the goal. Heros, stars, YJ, and Sky walkers have a heavy emphasis on middies doing the damage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reality is there are plenty of very talented players all over the country that are on bad teams, the aforementioned teams have depth that most others don't, that's what makes them hard to beat - please remember NO coach is recruiting a team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Educated guess... The top clubs are looking for physical, fast athletes to charge to the goal by middies. Very little emphasis on finesse attack play. M&D is the exception. They control the ball from behind the goal. Heros, stars, YJ, and Sky walkers have a heavy emphasis on middies doing the damage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW parent. I saw the YJ play against us in New Egypt last year at Lax for the Cure. The game had a championship feel to it. YJ has the middies and goal tenders to beat anyone at any time. They passed well in transition, in fact their passing was better than ours. There are certain teams that are exceptionally skilled in certain areas and the YJ's have great middies and this is a midfield game. I'm impressed with M&D's attack, Heros team defense and some other units/players as they come to mind.

Bottom line...I have no doubt YJ will be in the mix with everyone else this summer. They have legit talent.

You are correct and wait until you see the two new middies coming over. Center draw and circle play will be lights out this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct and wait until you see the two new middies coming over. Center draw and circle play will be lights out this summer.

No new middies coming over, one is already with the team. The other new addition will play defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The draw girls they have now are fine, and are working at getting better this winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The draw girls they have now are fine, and are working at getting better this winter.

Too late mom, she had her chance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No new middies coming over, one is already with the team. The other new addition will play defense.

I have news for you there will be more than 2 new players. There are 4 new girls already playing in fall tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No need to be snarky , although being able to have numerous options at the draw is an asset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have news for you there will be more than 2 new players. There are 4 new girls already playing in fall tournaments.

Good point, I wonder if assigning them a low number is a sign of things to come?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No need to be snarky , although being able to have numerous options at the draw is an asset.

Being able to actually control and win a draw is also an asset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club is the new draw girl from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 girls moving down. New girls from TG, Leg, Express, Elevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't believe there were any new middie pick ups, few new players were middies from other programs but looks like they will have an alternate role. In theory it will look like a full team of middies were all players will be a threat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got the girls right but I think it's 5 moving down but the roster will get bigger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't believe there were any new middie pick ups, few new players were middies from other programs but looks like they will have an alternate role. In theory it will look like a full team of middies were all players will be a threat.

Then it sounds like you daughters spot is safe.

Is the new draw girls rostered this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then it sounds like you daughters spot is safe.

Is the new draw girls rostered this weekend?

Hard to tell, only a very small handful of blue girls are doing tournament. There are more girls from outside or team below than actual team members.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes she is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any talent from within moving up or did they go outside for all spots?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any talent from within moving up or did they go outside for all spots?

No one moving up. They don't develop talent, they take it from other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From another post, but brings a valid point to the 2021s. Will US Lacrosse mandate age requirements to be eligible for insurance? The issue will come down to insurance. If the Club program or the tournament gets their insurance through US Lacrosse (most of them do) they are going to have no alternative then to adopt this rule. No one is going to be able to self insure themselves against the potential lawsuit that would come if they allowed an older girl to compete younger girls. [/quote] Perfectly stated! US Lacrosse insurance rules will mandate the change

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From another post, but brings a valid point to the 2021s. Will US Lacrosse mandate age requirements to be eligible for insurance? The issue will come down to insurance. If the Club program or the tournament gets their insurance through US Lacrosse (most of them do) they are going to have no alternative then to adopt this rule. No one is going to be able to self insure themselves against the potential lawsuit that would come if they allowed an older girl to compete younger girls.
Perfectly stated! US Lacrosse insurance rules will mandate the change [/quote]

I hope they do it would level the playing field a little . That said I would bet some other insurance would jump in to fill the void , it's all about the money .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this mean? makes no sense, no new middie pickups,few new players were middies , alternate role? Are you the coach or a very worried old middie parent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From another post, but brings a valid point to the 2021s. Will US Lacrosse mandate age requirements to be eligible for insurance? The issue will come down to insurance. If the Club program or the tournament gets their insurance through US Lacrosse (most of them do) they are going to have no alternative then to adopt this rule. No one is going to be able to self insure themselves against the potential lawsuit that would come if they allowed an older girl to compete younger girls.
Perfectly stated! US Lacrosse insurance rules will mandate the change

I hope they do it would level the playing field a little . That said I would bet some other insurance would jump in to fill the void , it's all about the money . [/quote]

USL can only mandate the rules in tournaments they sponsor. For the most part, no one goes to their tournaments anymore so they are totally powerless to enforce this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USL needs to step in and make more age based tournaments on Long Island. LI is a hotbed for lacrosse and US Lacrosse has zero tournaments here - that makes no sense!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USL needs to step in and make more age based tournaments on Long Island. LI is a hotbed for lacrosse and US Lacrosse has zero tournaments here - that makes no sense!

They don't have any in MD either. That's why no one goes to them. Not in MD or LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 top guns black is going to have a tough year, my daughter and a few others left and the pickup are so so

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 top guns black is going to have a tough year, my daughter and a few others left and the pickup are so so

Great to be rid of the rif raf! Judging a team by a pick up tournament is your first mistake.

Page 23 of 44 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard