BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: For the Love of the Game Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bye the way, I did just take a moment to skim back through and there seems to be alot of boy parents that have a problem with the management and the price. A couple of nasty girl comments. The girls program is very new and moving on to better things. Usually, the only people who post on forums like this tend to be people who are angry and upset with something. If people are happy, they don't bother. Most of my friends on the team don't bother with these boards. There is too much negative engery. Just like college review forum, only the unhappy students post there. Please come to our tents this summer, have something eat and something cold to drink. Talk to our parents and see how happy we are. Don't base your opnions on two or three posts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This year's fl$ helmet is actually a Custom Pro7 Cascade Helmet. $155 Dollars per helmet....All Navy with chrome Carolina blue mask

That's great but the info about fl$ raising the price by $200 for the 2012 season and getting a helmet that was recalled was totally accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New fl$ Easton Helmet $200 (i.e. fl$ raised the price $200 from the prior year)

Mandatory fl$ Headwrapz for $50.....

Helmet is recalled by Easton....then as a consolation prize they give out Easton heads (unstrung) and shafts that not one kid used or wanted. Priceless!

Not their fault the helmets were recalled. My son liked the shaft.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year's fl$ helmet is actually a Custom Pro7 Cascade Helmet. $155 Dollars per helmet....All Navy with chrome Carolina blue mask

That's great but the info about fl$ raising the price by $200 for the 2012 season and getting a helmet that was recalled was totally accurate.

So they were plus $50 even with the helmet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse Top 25 Young Gun Sophomore list just came out. Three fl$ boys!! Congrats!

Interesting too - No Express Orange Sophs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No "I" in team, fl$ has the best players, Express was the best team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's no "WE" either, coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The players on that list would have been on the list anyway. No club makes a kid into that kind of player. Just chance or aggressive recruiting that landed them on one roster vs another.

The other way to look at it is there are 22 non-fl$ players on the list. How come 23 of the top 25 aren't from fl$ for that age group?

Please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But there is in Win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The players on that list would have been on the list anyway. No club makes a kid into that kind of player. Just chance or aggressive recruiting that landed them on one roster vs another.

The other way to look at it is there are 22 non-fl$ players on the list. How come 23 of the top 25 aren't from fl$ for that age group?

Please.

Bottom line is that none of those list's that you see are worth the paper that they're written on. Do you really believe that US Lacrosse or ESPN spend the time and money to eveluate high school age players in a meaningful way? It's a handful of people giving their opinion to an editor or columnist at a publication - and everyone involved has an agenda!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If fl$ has the best players and still lost then the difference between Express and fl$ must be a huge margin in coaching. These talented boys deserve better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If fl$ has the best players and still lost then the difference between Express and fl$ must be a huge margin in coaching. These talented boys deserve better.

Will be interesting to see which boys "defect" to the Express given that the tryouts are basically back-to-back. I think there could be a decent size shakeup on both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. I bet both Express and fl$ 2015 have nearly identical rosters. Maybe 2 or 3 changes on each team (at most).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. I bet both Express and fl$ 2015 have nearly identical rosters. Maybe 2 or 3 changes on each team (at most).

That hasn't been the recent history - more like 6-8 changes on each. The proof will be in which kids show up to the other's tryout. Will be lots of freaked out & on-edge parents as usual. Looking forward to the drama.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please.

Bottom line is that none of those list's that you see are worth the paper that they're written on. Do you really believe that US Lacrosse or ESPN spend the time and money to eveluate high school age players in a meaningful way? It's a handful of people giving their opinion to an editor or columnist at a publication - and everyone involved has an agenda!

Does that include the one that lists the express as the #1 club in the country, the same one that the express people flaunted endlessly, or is that one accurate and its just all the others that are worthless?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please.

Does that include the one that lists the express as the #1 club in the country, the same one that the express people flaunted endlessly, or is that one accurate and its just all the others that are worthless?

Top to bottom name an fl$ team that is better than an Express team. I don't know of any but then again I don't know all the grades. But in the older grades the Express dominates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That hasn't been the recent history - more like 6-8 changes on each. The proof will be in which kids show up to the other's tryout. Will be lots of freaked out & on-edge parents as usual. Looking forward to the drama.

Not one single player from Express Orange will tryout for fl$. Last year, however, at least 5 fl$ players tried out for Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better question is how many players on the Ballers will try out for Express and/or fl$? Ballers have a few very good players who are looking to join a better team. This is a very important summer for 2015 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not one single player from Express Orange will tryout for fl$. Last year, however, at least 5 fl$ players tried out for Express.

Interesting. Anybody know why no Orange kids trying out for fl$? They can't all be safe - there are always a bottom 5 on the bubble. The parking lot at Field of Dreams will no doubt be crowded again with fl$ bumper stickers during Express tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better question is how many players on the Ballers will try out for Express and/or fl$? Ballers have a few very good players who are looking to join a better team. This is a very important summer for 2015 kids.

Why single out the Ballers? Jesters, 91 etc. too! You'll probably have another 200 trying out for maybe 6 to 8 spots on both teams combined. 96% chance you are doing nothing more than making a donation to the Express and fl$ retirement funds. And even if you are in the 3-4%, if your son is on the wrong end of a short bench and the coach is going only 15 deep, it won't matter that he is on the team because no colleges will see him play much. Better off just going to a bunch of recruiting camps and school propsect days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax. You don't need to be on Express Orange or fl$ to get recruited. Somehow 99% of the kids on D1 and D3 rosters did not play for either club - or come from Long Island for that matter. Take a look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are kidding themselves. Look at the history. Very few if any "Johnny Come Lately, Where You Been?" ever make these teams over their existing proven players. These teams are pretty much locked up already. Good luck with the Blue team, which is where 4 or 5 fl$ kids got placed last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why single out the Ballers? Jesters, 91 etc. too! You'll probably have another 200 trying out for maybe 6 to 8 spots on both teams combined. 96% chance you are doing nothing more than making a donation to the Express and fl$ retirement funds. And even if you are in the 3-4%, if your son is on the wrong end of a short bench and the coach is going only 15 deep, it won't matter that he is on the team because no colleges will see him play much. Better off just going to a bunch of recruiting camps and school propsect days.

Not to mention the one or two long time St. Anthony's families that have put their dues in on the Express Blue team and are ready for a promotion. There might be one or two of those already baked in. For those on the outside trying to get in, you have no idea what you are dealing with. Best of luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forget making Orange but could make Blue and just the Express name would be beneficial for recruiting. No coaches know who the Ballers are. Since Express Blue doesn't make all the best tournaments you will have to add other recruiting events on your own. Or they could try for fl$ but that's probably not going to happen either unless they have a decent amount of turnover.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is the name (number) on the back of the jersey not the front is a cliche but for the 2015's it is true. July of 2013 will be a little late for many kids looking for top 25 D1 recruiting, most of the kids are already on the radar and if they are not then November is a big month for them. the important names for next summer are Jake Reed, Mavrick, Top 205, and the Nassau Suffolk showcase teams not fl$,91,Express, Ballers or Outlaws.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is the name (number) on the back of the jersey not the front is a cliche but for the 2015's it is true. July of 2013 will be a little late for many kids looking for top 25 D1 recruiting, most of the kids are already on the radar and if they are not then November is a big month for them. the important names for next summer are Jake Reed, Mavrick, Top 205, and the Nassau Suffolk showcase teams not fl$,91,Express, Ballers or Outlaws.

I agree with part of your post - there is alot more to recruiting than being on fl$ or Express. But, I disagree with you about the timeframe urgency - although you are right about being late for the ACC and Hopkins by next July. But, the Patriot league, IVYs and several other great D1 conferences will still be filling out their 2014s and may only have a couple of 2015s done by next summer -plenty of time if you are not hung up on the ACC and playing on Memorial Day. I know because we are making a lot of visits with my 2014 son. Don't get caught up in the hype of early commits, it really only applies to the top 5-8. Need proof? Colgate, Lehigh, Hofstra and even Cuse just announed a few 2013s and 2014s. I spoke with one of the Patriot schools over this past weekend and they only have 4 2014s committed so far. There will still be plenty of time for 2015s to find a great spot even by next fall/winter and possibly even the spring/summer of Junior year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with part of your post - there is alot more to recruiting than being on fl$ or Express. But, I disagree with you about the timeframe urgency - although you are right about being late for the ACC and Hopkins by next July. But, the Patriot league, IVYs and several other great D1 conferences will still be filling out their 2014s and may only have a couple of 2015s done by next summer -plenty of time if you are not hung up on the ACC and playing on Memorial Day. I know because we are making a lot of visits with my 2014 son. Don't get caught up in the hype of early commits, it really only applies to the top 5-8. Need proof? Colgate, Lehigh, Hofstra and even Cuse just announed a few 2013s and 2014s. I spoke with one of the Patriot schools over this past weekend and they only have 4 2014s committed so far. There will still be plenty of time for 2015s to find a great spot even by next fall/winter and possibly even the spring/summer of Junior year!

Be careful what you wish for. D1 lacrosse is like having a full time job and going to class at the same time. No joke. Also many programs are offering just $2,000 dollars in scholarship money! On top of it, your son maybe a great player, yet never see the field his first two years if ever...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be careful what you wish for. D1 lacrosse is like having a full time job and going to class at the same time. No joke. Also many programs are offering just $2,000 dollars in scholarship money! On top of it, your son maybe a great player, yet never see the field his first two years if ever...

True that. Morning workout with the team, breakfast with the team, Lunch, Practice, Study Hall, Dinner, film...all with the team. I played in the early 80's, my kid plays now. The difference in time commitment is huge, kinda feel sorry for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true. And many are not taking any money just to be on the team. Or they'll switch his position and he'll hate it like a neighbor of ours who's son was an all american in high school but had his position switched and never sees the field anyway. He now wants to drop lacrosse and transfer because he's in over his head academically. Nightmare. D3 is the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont kill me on this. Just one parents observation on some of the top 2015 at each position. Again, just my opinion to be taken with a grain of salt.

Att-
Concannon, Delina, Dunn, Reynolds, Hawthorne.

Mid-
Sullivan, Tigh, Lang, Liccardi, Dannengellis, Yevoli, Fracarro,

LSM-
Wright, Genova, Desanti

Def-
Germain, Fowler, Colomussi, Kelly, Borges,(Ballers and Jesters had very good D men just dony know their names).

Goal-
Klobus, McGwigan

Again, to be taken as just one persons view.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Dont kill me on this. Just one parents observation on some of the top 2015 at each position. Again, just my opinion to be taken with a grain of salt.

Att-

Mid-

LSM-
Wright, Genova, Desanti

Def-
Germain, Fowler, Colomussi, Kelly, Borges,(Ballers and Jesters had very good D men just dony know their names).

Goal-
Klobus, McGwigan

Dear Readers : Note that BOTC will allow this post with the players names to stand as it puts all of these young student-athletes in a positive light. Any attempt to malign these players will result in immediate expulsion from the board without warning. In other words, the discussion must be on the positive side where these named players (or other suggestions) are involved. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Att-

Mid-

LSM-
Wright, Genova, Desanti

Def-

Goal-
Klobus, McGwigan

very good list, interesting as it pertains to previous post - 3 of the 22 are Ballers and the previous post says other Baller defenseman are good just didn't know the names, yet previous post felt that no Baller or Jester could make express orange - I think that two Baller's on the list (Desanti and Yevoli) could make any team that tried out for - I would add Tim Mattise (sp?) from outlaws would be on my list of D or LSM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Att-

Mid-

LSM-
Wright, Genova, Desanti

Def-

Goal-
Klobus, McGwigan

What about 2014's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rather than individual kids, what would you say are the deepest pools of talent on the Island by grade ranging from 2017 through 2013?

My ranking is
1) 2017
2) 2015
3) 2014
4) 2013
5) 2016

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Att-

Mid-

LSM-
Wright, Genova, Desanti

Def-

Goal-
Klobus, McGwigan

clearly, you do not know what you don't see. Can't blame you for that though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your son is which one on the list?

The best players at each position are TBD ...

Evaluate the best HS varsity players for the best HS teams, when they get there.

IMO, nobody should be able to post kids' names, even if positive. And especially not anonymously. Opens the door to a new world of self-promotion that will eventually deteriorate. Someone will come forward with "John Doe in Islip is way better than ..."

And are all those parents ok with someone identifying their minor sons on a public message board? I don't let my kids have a Facebook page, and wouldn't want them appearing on anyone's list without me knowing and approving beforehand. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Att-

Mid-

LSM-
Wright, Genova, Desanti

Def-

Goal-
Klobus, McGwigan

very good list, interesting as it pertains to previous post - 3 of the 22 are Ballers and the previous post says other Baller defenseman are good just didn't know the names, yet previous post felt that no Baller or Jester could make express orange - I think that two Baller's on the list (Desanti and Yevoli) could make any team that tried out for - I would add Tim Mattise (sp?) from outlaws would be on my list of D or LSM

It will be interesting to see how many "new" kids try out for fl$ and Express and just as interesting if the new kids make it who will be knocked off. Like musical chairs, a lot more kids than spots. The tension and anxiety is building. Lets get it on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. But its already late for kids that are not already on the coaches "wishlist" even if they don't have announced commits. The coaches "wishlist" for schools in the Patriot and IVYs for 2015 is already baked. If you haven't been contacted in some manner I'd be getting concerned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Att-

Mid-

LSM-
Wright, Genova, Desanti

Def-

Goal-
Klobus, McGwigan

It will be interesting to see how many "new" kids try out for fl$ and Express and just as interesting if the new kids make it who will be knocked off. Like musical chairs, a lot more kids than spots. The tension and anxiety is building. Lets get it on!

Ha. Let the freaking out begin - it's going to be a long 7 weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. But its already late for kids that are not already on the coaches "wishlist" even if they don't have announced commits. The coaches "wishlist" for schools in the Patriot and IVYs for 2015 is already baked. If you haven't been contacted in some manner I'd be getting concerned.

Over already? "Well Joel, you've done some respectible work here - but it isn't quite Ivy League now is it. Sometimes you just gotta say wth? Looks like University of Illinois." For those who remember, a refernece from the movie Risky Business. Good luck to all not on the above list in your hunt for a D3 spot.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard