BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 51 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed is done. Not a prestigious event anymore. Do not waste your time or money on this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am told Philly Freshman Showcase is THE event in terms of recruiting. True/Not true?

Not sure there is a "The" event. Good yes, but not be all end all. You will however see a lot of talent and politics and holdbacks.

That said enjoy the day (or weekend) some good lacrosse. Not sure with the climate of early recruiting if many top players will be in attendance.

Very true. Really top tier players. (funny how many "freshman" drove themselves to that event as seen in the parking lot)

The numbers of coaches attending is impressive. Our club coach's phone was constantly ringing afterwards. Massive surge in contacts from coaches after that event

FWIW, much of the real scrutiny seemed to occur when the players break up into positional training and then the games. The all-star game is a formality at the end of the day and is the typical shooting fest that one would expect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF? That's a joke. This must be fat Crab trying to pad his wallet. There are a slew of kids from NLF teams on the attendee list for Philly. Try again....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True- there are some NLF players listed on PFS list (although only ~9% of total players), but the application deadline was much earlier than for NLF event so wondering if they applied to PFS to hedge bets and will end up in Long Island that weekend instead?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True- there are some NLF players listed on PFS list (although only ~9% of total players), but the application deadline was much earlier than for NLF event so wondering if they applied to PFS to hedge bets and will end up in Long Island that weekend instead?
Maybe I got this wrong but NLF 2020 is Sunday 11/6 in Pottstown, and PFS is 11/19 near Downingtown, PA. Also, NLF teams in attendance for this Sunday ain't no joke.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure - whatever. No kid who wants to play in college turns down PFS. If your kid was invited to Philly and is considering not going please let me know so I can let the 15+ kids I know who want to go but can't get in - so they can take his spot.

Fat Crab and his minions saw a way to make money and that is the reason NLF is on the same day. Team USA!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I got this wrong but NLF 2020 is Sunday 11/6 in Pottstown, and PFS is 11/19 near Downingtown, PA. Also, NLF teams in attendance for this Sunday ain't no joke.

I believe the discussion is about the individual showcases, which are on the same day (11/19).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the discussion is about the individual showcases, which are on the same day (11/19).
Ah, for 2020's would be a repeat of NLF Pottstown, but with players filling vacant spots of those at PFS..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure - whatever. No kid who wants to play in college turns down PFS. If your kid was invited to Philly and is considering not going please let me know so I can let the 15+ kids I know who want to go but can't get in - so they can take his spot.

Fat Crab and his minions saw a way to make money and that is the reason NLF is on the same day. Team USA!!!!

Agree. Plenty of kids would love to go to PFS and couldn't get in. Calling BS on the "I got in but decided not to go" routine. Anyone who comes out with that is either (1) full of it; and/or (2) a narcissist who wasted a spot that many others would be happy to have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am told Philly Freshman Showcase is THE event in terms of recruiting. True/Not true?

Not sure there is a "The" event. Good yes, but not be all end all. You will however see a lot of talent and politics and holdbacks.

That said enjoy the day (or weekend) some good lacrosse. Not sure with the climate of early recruiting if many top players will be in attendance.

Very true. Really top tier players. (funny how many "freshman" drove themselves to that event as seen in the parking lot)

The numbers of coaches attending is impressive. Our club coach's phone was constantly ringing afterwards. Massive surge in contacts from coaches after that event

FWIW, much of the real scrutiny seemed to occur when the players break up into positional training and then the games. The all-star game is a formality at the end of the day and is the typical shooting fest that one would expect.

I might buy that it was "top tier" players if the entire NXT team wasn't listed (or the vast Majority of it). No way the entire team are "top tier".

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I might buy that it was "top tier" players if the entire NXT team wasn't listed (or the vast Majority of it). No way the entire team are "top tier".
The all get automatic entry as part of being on that team. A NXT Perk. Nothing wrong with that. However, 85% of that team are top tier kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Plenty of kids would love to go to PFS and couldn't get in. Calling BS on the "I got in but decided not to go" routine. Anyone who comes out with that is either (1) full of it; and/or (2) a narcissist who wasted a spot that many others would be happy to have.

Too many team events happening this weekend - many of the top kids are playing with their teams and did turn down PFS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best of luck to all 2020's this weekend. This is a great class and I've enjoyed coaching against and watching all of these kids compete at such a high level. Plenty of college coaches will see all these kids play this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PFS is not for two weeks. No coach would tell his player not to participate unless they were part of NLF and trying to put some money in their pocket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The all get automatic entry as part of being on that team. A NXT Perk. Nothing wrong with that. However, 85% of that team are top tier kids

85% top tier? Wow that must be an amazing team!! How did they do today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2-1 Beat both Sweet Lax teams and lost to a really really strong FCA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any feedback on LI Elite 80 today? What coaches assigned to the 2019 and 2020 age group? Would you recommend for next year? Assume great day...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard it was one of the best run events my parents had been too. Good job TA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2-1 Beat both Sweet Lax teams and lost to a really really strong FCA team.

10-2 FCA. Really strong NXT team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2-1 Beat both Sweet Lax teams and lost to a really really strong FCA team.

10-2 FCA. Really strong NXT team?

Keep in mind that it's fall balll, many of the keystone players are playing in football playoffs this weekend.....just a thought before you start bragging about wins

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall ball is more about individual performance, not wins. Coaches are on sidelines evaluating individual play, they don't care who wins. They have certain kids on radar from prospect camps, etc. Be happy if your kid plays well, not who wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall ball is more about individual performance, not wins. Coaches are on sidelines evaluating individual play, they don't care who wins. They have certain kids on radar from prospect camps, etc. Be happy if your kid plays well, not who wins.

If your team gets blown out, it is safe to assume that no one played well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 80 was an unbelievable event. Really well organized and to put that many HEAD coaches on the field at once is incredible. Competition was excellent.Coaches really involved and instruction by head coaches unreal. TA just put recruiting to the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 playing their tournament today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. None of the LI teams want to play Madlax today. Not surprising that you don't want to play the rebuilt Madlax team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not always, you can have great goalie save percentage due to poor defense resulting in lots of shots on goal, and/or dominate f/o, but weak middies not picking up ground balls and still loose. Coaches are there to look at how specific kids are paying their positions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not always true, A goalie can have an exceptional performance and team can still loose. The save percentage can be high due to lots of shots fired due to a poor defense. f/o can also show a high win percentage with team turning over ball and losing. Its about the individual performance. The coaches are there to watch kids they already have their eye on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 91 orange do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not always true, A goalie can have an exceptional performance and team can still loose. The save percentage can be high due to lots of shots fired due to a poor defense. f/o can also show a high win percentage with team turning over ball and losing. Its about the individual performance. The coaches are there to watch kids they already have their eye on.

Absolutely accurate. A goalie may also not be great yet the field players are doing great. there is no amount of offense that can make up for a bad goalie if both teams are otherwise matched. There may be a great attackman who would be missed if coaches did not understand the true dynamics. They know what they are looking for at this level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from NLF event in Baltimore yet that people can share?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge Canada beat lie 8-3 and beat crabs 8-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge Canada beat LIE 8-3 -!: beat crabs 7-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the NLF event and Terp Classic going? Who is standing out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the other two pools - navy and green?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last game for 91... Lets see how they do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are they doing currently?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the 91 B team you are chiming about? what was there record? Heard that team was a disaster after everyone left for bigger and better teams. Nobody wants to be on a B team heading into recruiting years!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the 91 B team you are chiming about? what was there record? Heard that team was a disaster after everyone left for bigger and better teams. Nobody wants to be on a B team heading into recruiting years!

They have a great player on the team. Hater.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a NY 91 team and would not consider them a b team just because they are not Crush. Still very competitive. How is Crabs doing now that their best players left for FCA and they picked up weaker replacements?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs holdbacks ran into bigger Canadian holdbacks. Doh!

Page 9 of 51 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard