BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37
Re: Boys 2023- PA and Surrounding Area
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did Mesa and HHH do down in Bmore today?
probably not great or they would be on here letting us all know about it
Baltimore Crabs handled them rather easily..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH and Mesa both got smoked every game.
HHH took it from FCA, 91 MD, Crabs was actually 8-4 I think.
Tough competition but a good day. Was a great day and first event with this group of kids.
HHH 21s went 3-0 and looked really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has 91 MD improved that much? Last year they were not very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has 91 MD improved that much? Last year they were not very good.
Not sure about the rest of the team, but MD91 has a VERY good goalie. Saw him single-handedly win them a game last summer at NXT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not think you know the process necessary to do this above board. Getting a waiver is difficult, but it is also legitimate. It was done for the coaching (Nurry) and so the boys could play with their buddies. This is my first time on this board. Ironically, I thought it would be a nice escape from all the election nastiness. I just can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let it go. Why can't you just let it go for all of our sakes. Why so bitter. This was covered ad nauseam. NXT tournament okayed Brotherly Love sharing players between A/B and as they were short players and didin't want to go outside the club to supplement. It was freakin June hot as [lacrosse] and 15 kids wasn't going to get it done. They pulled 5 kids that go between A/DB all the time.

I could see your point if they pulled there five best kids and moved them to the B Team then you would have right to [lacrosse]. Cmon, my son was one of them. He is a good player not great happy to play with A and just as happy to play with B. So their B team ended up winning the B championship as well. Sorry it happens did you really want the t-shirt that badlly I think I can dig it out from my garage.

Let it go pretty please

Someone asked why people have a gripe with the club, I was answering honestly. If they don't want people to gripe they shouldn't do things that make them look like cheaters. As I said, they could have gotten other players, but chose instead to bring the A players down. That was their choice, they made their bed, now they have to lie in it... And, as to your point of it being too hot, I bet those boys that "doubled up" were totally beat. It would have been better for everyone involved for them to bring in some other kids to fill the spots.
You have strong feelings and opinions about this and I respect that. In this case, reality does not jibe with the perception you have or how you feel. I am one of the dads whose son played for both teams. I'm concerned that it looked like cheating, but I know better. I also know that no amount of information will change your feelings about this or your impression of our fine club. Yes, my son was totally beat, but he was also proud of himself for stepping up and helping his brothers on the depleted squad. The dual duty didn't create an advantage for the "B" team. If anything, the boys who had the extra time on the fields that day were a little fatigued and a little off their "A" games. In their minds they sacrificed themselves for the best interests of their teams. I'm ok with that lesson. It's what Brotherly Love is all about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"All the kds from Unionville that jumped the boarder to play for Kennett, they were going for or one reason, Nurry"
So are you admitting to breaking rules in the CCLA???

Are you aware that CCLA allowed this as long as the parents and township sign a waiver to that effect? Ask the parents if they had to get a waiver. Must have been a reason.
A waiver was required for my son, the process took time, there had to be compelling reasons. CCLA rules were not broken.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"All the kds from Unionville that jumped the boarder to play for Kennett, they were going for or one reason, Nurry"

Are you aware that CCLA allowed this as long as the parents and township sign a waiver to that effect? Ask the parents if they had to get a waiver. Must have been a reason.
A waiver was required for my son, the process took time, there had to be compelling reasons. CCLA rules were not broken.
CCLA only has rules for those not in power. There are plenty of Coventry kids that play for Lionville. One of the Lionville "leaders" is from coventry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let it go. Why can't you just let it go for all of our sakes. Why so bitter. This was covered ad nauseam. NXT tournament okayed Brotherly Love sharing players between A/B and as they were short players and didin't want to go outside the club to supplement. It was freakin June hot as [lacrosse] and 15 kids wasn't going to get it done. They pulled 5 kids that go between A/DB all the time.

I could see your point if they pulled there five best kids and moved them to the B Team then you would have right to [lacrosse]. Cmon, my son was one of them. He is a good player not great happy to play with A and just as happy to play with B. So their B team ended up winning the B championship as well. Sorry it happens did you really want the t-shirt that badlly I think I can dig it out from my garage.

Let it go pretty please

Someone asked why people have a gripe with the club, I was answering honestly. If they don't want people to gripe they shouldn't do things that make them look like cheaters. As I said, they could have gotten other players, but chose instead to bring the A players down. That was their choice, they made their bed, now they have to lie in it... And, as to your point of it being too hot, I bet those boys that "doubled up" were totally beat. It would have been better for everyone involved for them to bring in some other kids to fill the spots.
You have strong feelings and opinions about this and I respect that. In this case, reality does not jibe with the perception you have or how you feel. I am one of the dads whose son played for both teams. I'm concerned that it looked like cheating, but I know better. I also know that no amount of information will change your feelings about this or your impression of our fine club. Yes, my son was totally beat, but he was also proud of himself for stepping up and helping his brothers on the depleted squad. The dual duty didn't create an advantage for the "B" team. If anything, the boys who had the extra time on the fields that day were a little fatigued and a little off their "A" games. In their minds they sacrificed themselves for the best interests of their teams. I'm ok with that lesson. It's what Brotherly Love is all about.

Oh please, gag me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let it go pretty please

Oh please, gag me
Why? Because you disagree with me? I'm sorry you didn't like what I had to say. I often make the mistake of assuming different perspectives will be treated with respect and responded to respectfully. Which club do you represent?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Please let it go. Why can't you just let it go for all of our sakes. Why so bitter. This was covered ad nauseam. NXT tournament okayed Brotherly Love sharing players between A/B and as they were short players and didin't want to go outside the club to supplement. It was freakin June hot as [lacrosse] and 15 kids wasn't going to get it done. They pulled 5 kids that go between A/DB all the time.

Let it go pretty please

Oh please, gag me
Why? Because you disagree with me? I'm sorry you didn't like what I had to say. I often make the mistake of assuming different perspectives will be treated with respect and responded to respectfully. Which club do you represent? [/quote

Brotherly Love

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good day at the harvest classic. Except for the obnoxious Maryland parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT does a good job, groups were pretty even...refs let the kids play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Group 1:
BL AA
BBL Elite
Looney's Orange
Duke's Nationals

If Looney's Orange is their A, then I would expect them to take Group 1

Group 2:
SoutShore
Cavalier - Never heard of them
RS
BL A

Def BLA in this group, unless Cavalier is some LI team that I have never heard of

Group 3:
RoughRiders
Team 11
Team 91 (MD)
Looney's Green

Again not sure which is the "A" for Looney's, assuming orange, then I think this is Team 91

Group 4

NXT
BBL Helix
Freedom White
United
Headstrong
Rock PA
Team superstar

Haven't heard of a few of these, maybe Freedom here?

Group 1 it will be between Dukes and BL Looneys is middle of the pack in Howard County. Surprised they are in this group they must have requested to play in this group. BBL is legit.

Looney's beat Dukes
BBL really struggled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT does a good job, groups were pretty even...refs let the kids play.

Agreed, how the Dukes/BL game if anyone saw it? Was surprised to see a shut out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the game in between my sons game. Brotherly Love is an interesting team. The key to that team is that they ride the ball better than any youth team I have ever seen. The attack and midfield suffocate you on the ride and just swam you and if you are lucky to get the ball past them they have a pole that is monster of a kid that can run with anyone waiting to abuse you at the midfield. There offense needs alot of work alot of iso plays. You could tell they have a lot of stud players on offense but no clockwork precision, no off ball motion, and no set plays. If this team ever got some semblance of an offense I would put them right there with Bandits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CCLA only has rules for those not in power. There are plenty of Coventry kids that play for Lionville. One of the Lionville "leaders" is from coventry.

There is 1 Coventry player that played at Lionville and he lives 1/2 mile across the boundary and goes to Shanahan. That was solely done for convenience when the kid was 5. He never played Coventry ever. The Kennett kids are just not fair. The guy who runs Kennett youth lacrosse and also serves on the CCLA board is actually an AG guy. He is a tireless volunteer however it's not fair how many kids they have down there with exceptions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is 1 Coventry player that played at Lionville and he lives 1/2 mile across the boundary and goes to Shanahan. That was solely done for convenience when the kid was 5. He never played Coventry ever. The Kennett kids are just not fair. The guy who runs Kennett youth lacrosse and also serves on the CCLA board is actually an AG guy. He is a tireless volunteer however it's not fair how many kids they have down there with exceptions.
Maybe at one age group, there are at least a dozen in the program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems the only reason people care is because Kennett was very succesful. Yes there a alo of boys from Delaware but keep in mind that Kennett school district is literally adjacent to the Delaware border and these boys just like the Coventry player mentioned above are much closer to Kennett than Wilmington Delaware. Almost all of the same Delaware boys play their football at Kennett as well and it is based on geographical convenience and friendships. The Unionville boys program has really suffered for awhile and was really struggling. All told when my son was playing U9 at Kennett I think there were 3 total U9 teams compared to West Chester and Downingtown that seemed to field 6-8 teams at U9. Despite the fact the program was less than 50% the size of other large programs they really seemed to do quite well agains the big programs to the point that my sons U9 team won Liberty several years in a row back when teams actually attended Liberty at the end of th year. If Kennett had really sucked nobody would have cared and there would have been zero interest in the fact they have 10-12 boys that chose to start their youth participation in a township that had -0- reputation for excellence but was either more convenient or in better shape than their own township program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 23 team's look at Fall Brawl?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 23 team's look at Fall Brawl?
Competition not the greatest.... Better competition at Famous Autumn Classic... Crabs, Sweetlax, Next Level Bethesda etc...Best team at Fall Brawl was the Annapolis Hawks and Crabs beat them up pretty bad this fall...The game was not even close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the game in between my sons game. Brotherly Love is an interesting team. The key to that team is that they ride the ball better than any youth team I have ever seen. The attack and midfield suffocate you on the ride and just swam you and if you are lucky to get the ball past them they have a pole that is monster of a kid that can run with anyone waiting to abuse you at the midfield. There offense needs alot of work alot of iso plays. You could tell they have a lot of stud players on offense but no clockwork precision, no off ball motion, and no set plays. If this team ever got some semblance of an offense I would put them right there with Bandits.
Definitley a top 10 team.... Crabs, Bandits, Igloo, Brotherly Love, Bethesda bethesda definite top 5's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat Next Level Bethesda 6-5 in championship of Famous Autumn Classic. Great game, 2 very good teams. One just happens to have a bunch of 7th graders on its roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitley a top 10 team.... Crabs, Bandits, Igloo, Brotherly Love, Bethesda bethesda definite top 5's [/quote]

Didn't Brotherly Love lose to S2S at NXT in the summer last year? Even with their guest players - you know the ones that nobody on the team including the coach knew their names (and were a lot bigger than everyone else)? Easy with the top 5 stuff...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You knew the BL Roster, the size differential, who the coaches did and did not know? You must also know how the game was lost? Have any of your top 5 lost to a competitive opponent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You continue to be an [lacrosse] hat...BL at 23 didn't use any guest players. The coach was a Dad that came off the sidelines to help out since Nurry went to watch his son play. That guest player is #18 the same kid that has been with the team since day 1...although he missed significant time with a broken foot. And the other kid #5 played the entire season with BL, but missed Saturday since he was at wrestling camp. All the same kids that played the 2 fall tournaments this year.
As for top 5 there are several teams that could be beat each other on any given day..and then the Bandits that everyone is chasing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude the BL Game and the notion of us having guest players has been rehashed so many times its getting ridiculous. The two guest players are not guest players they continue to play for the team and have for the last two years. Yes they had different colored BL shorts and yes they are big and good. One plays middie from Downingtowna and the other is a LSM from Kennett. Yes a dad didn't know players numbers because the HC had to leave to help coach the 2024 team and a dad subbed for him. You wlll see them again. The game went into overtime and a bogus call gave S2S the game. BL then Beat Express which is always mentioned in the top rankings in the consolation game without their two best poles who left for vacation while S2S got beaten badly by the Bandits. BL has beaten the Crabs and badly beaten Laxachusetts, beat Warriors 12-6 which is still a very good team and If it makes you feel better to think that the BL isn't a top 5 team in the country then feel that way. Considering this team just this year made a committment to actually practice before the tournaments it will be interesting to see what this tournament season holds. If BL took you to overtime after practicing 11 times as a team together prior to the tournament season....
They just shut out the Dukes National Team 5-0 that lost a close game to Igloo and we still don't have -0- offensive plays and 1 Man Up play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh now I see, you got your panties in a bunch because none of the posts above listed S2S as a top team. Looking forward to playing you guys this summer hope you make it out of your pool play cause if the Igloo score is any indication you guys are going backwards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh now I see, you got your panties in a bunch because none of the posts above listed S2S as a top team. Looking forward to playing you guys this summer hope you make it out of your pool play cause if the Igloo score is any indication you guys are going backwards.

Sorry, let me be clear - it was more that S2S is not a good team and you lost to them...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, let me be clear - it was more that S2S is not a good team and you lost to them...

Sure there not good, and in your mind what teams are good? Let me guess your sons team and who would that be, or better yet you don't have any kids and your just a troll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Sorry, let me be clear - it was more that S2S is not a good team and you lost to them..." Please tell us you're the younger brother or sister of a player. You can't be a parent. It is noted that you have issues with BL and have a negative bias. Maybe you'd be happier contributing something positive here or somewhere else? Who do you like? Come on, say something sweet. Don't be a hater.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really fail to understand the BL hate. I'm happy to see a Philly team that can compete at the highest level outside Philly, maintain continuity and play the game the way it should be played. The only thing that sucks is the defeatist attitude in some of the kids when they see them on the schedule, that's when a coach needs to give the old "they put their pants on one leg at time...." speech.

looking forward to seeing all the team in the NXT spring league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really fail to understand the BL hate. I'm happy to see a Philly team that can compete at the highest level outside Philly, maintain continuity and play the game the way it should be played. The only thing that sucks is the defeatist attitude in some of the kids when they see them on the schedule, that's when a coach needs to give the old "they put their pants on one leg at time...." speech.

Get use to it, with success comes hate and never from the kids just the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get use to it, with success comes hate and never from the kids just the parents.

I get it at the professional level....but this is kid's lacrosse. How does their success impact anyone outside of their club. So my kid's team doesn't win a tournament trophy because they played BL? I swear my kid has more fun in between games...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are digressing into contests over who has more fun in between games?

I think the point is valid. My son plays on a very good team that competes against the best in the country and is based in Philly. I believe others can vouch for this in similar positions that when our team goes to Long Island and Maryland that there is a distinct arrogance/superiority that parents and coaches (not all but some) convey to teams that are outside of those two geographical areas. Maybe I am wrong but to be truthful there is a lot of satisfaction beating the loud obnoxious parents sitting next to me that ask after the game, "where did you say you guys are from" I am guessing there are "others" out there that feel like me. In fairness there are also plenty of parents from those areas that are super nice and polite as I know we also have our fair share of obnoxious parents.

With the explosive growth of lacrosse these two hotbeds are rapidly getting caught and the playing field is now more level than it has ever been and will only become more so. As a Philly based team it seems that there should be some pride in how our teams fare against other geogrphical areas. With clubs like BL, Mesa, RR, Freedom etc. succeeding at the highest levels in YES youth lacrosse there is some validation of our success and that is a good thing. Is not taking some measure of satisfaction that BL or whomever from Philly does well agains the best teams from LI or MD a normal and appropriate response. Our kids are all starting at 5/6 years old in this great game and that is good for Philly Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfectly said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am with you... alot of satisfaction sitting next to an obnoxious parent from one of those areas that becomes more quiet as the game progresses.

I am the first to offer a Solo Cup to a fellow parent but I have to agree there are some really "interesting" ones out there and specifically more so from those areas. Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am with you... alot of satisfaction sitting next to an obnoxious parent from one of those areas that becomes more quiet as the game progresses.

I am the first to offer a Solo Cup to a fellow parent but I have to agree there are some really "interesting" ones out there and specifically more so from those areas. Just saying.

the fact that you need to booze at lax events makes me think you should just stay home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honey
The fact that you think that having a beverage at Lax Events is unusual leads me to believe you don't attend a lot of Lax Events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kidding right?

All Day Saturday.... All Day Sunday in June and July usually over 90 degrees plus out in the middle of a field with bunch of good friends and families that you have been hanging with in many cases for years....tents, munchies, some Wawa hoagies...maybe if you are lucky a good pulled pork and broccoli rabe on a seeded roll from the gourmet truck vendor... sitting in a folding chair watchin Jonnie paint the corners and having a blast and you think a frosty beverage is unwarranted????

Man you must be real fun, lucky to be your husband.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard