BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jesters will be a very good team if kids from orange and Korwan's team go there. And mix in with there talent.

Lots of talk about this, my son is a Jesters kid and keeps asking me about this, Is there any truth to these rumors? A bunch of the Piranha kids and Express Orange team kids are looking to leave the Express? I've watched both teams play and if that's true you could put one [lacrosse] of a team together if you mixed all these kids together. With the right coaching it could be a very good team. Leave it to the Express to let good players go................

Not Express the parents.....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters will be a very good team if kids from orange and Korwan's team go there. And mix in with there talent.

Lots of talk about this, my son is a Jesters kid and keeps asking me about this, Is there any truth to these rumors? A bunch of the Piranha kids and Express Orange team kids are looking to leave the Express? I've watched both teams play and if that's true you could put one [lacrosse] of a team together if you mixed all these kids together. With the right coaching it could be a very good team. Leave it to the Express to let good players go................

Hmmmm, good players leaving?? Wake up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm yeah, lots of very good players on both the Piranhas and the Orange who will not be back with the Express because of the way they were treated. I think its you who needs to wake up. Oh Im sorry I must be crazy, the only good players were "chosen" and are now Lax immortals.......

And its me that needs to wake up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age very rare at team loses a top Player. If MC didnt pick a Player, seems to be a reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age very rare at team loses a top Player. If MC didnt pick a Player, seems to be a reason.

So the 2017 Express "Orange" team is the only team on Long Island with top players? Good players dont move around? fl$, 91, Gladiators, True Blue might have an issue with that.......

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are on the blue and white express your team is purely a profit center for the express. The orange teams are as legit as they come. The rest are the gravy train for the company. If you dont make orange when your sons are in their recruiting years, you have to move on. Or you can stay on B and C team and get an invite to national 175, where they had 10 college coaches.
At the younger ages MC is going to create true quality "A" teams. He will hurt feelings along the way, but people are gluttons for punishment and will have their kids come back and play on the blue and white.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the 2017 Express "Orange" team is the only team on Long Island with top players? Good players dont move around? fl$, 91, Gladiators, True Blue might have an issue with that.......
Who are you kidding. All kids move if the team is right. If the turtles opened a tryout for three positions there would be 100 of those kids that don't move lined up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ORANGE TEAM HAS PARENT'S WITH DEEP POCKETS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm yeah, lots of very good players on both the Piranhas and the Orange who will not be back with the Express because of the way they were treated. I think its you who needs to wake up. Oh Im sorry I must be crazy, the only good players were "chosen" and are now Lax immortals.......

And its me that needs to wake up?

Just saying that the BULK of talented players from express orange & pihranas are MOST prob going to stay with the express and are currently practicing. And if your son was "chosen" you wouldn't be crying about it. Like most hypocrites that gave people a hard time. Than when MC gave them the late invite it was all peachy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent and money influence many sports. Look at golf, you can't excel if the money isn't there to support fees and instructors. Many young golf prodigies go to school at golf academies instead of attending "normal" schools. Very expensive.

Let's assume some things-
Let's assume this isn't about money and in a way to serve the bottom line of an organization or a certain indoor training facility that is owned by people personally involved in said organization.
Let's assume this isn't a question of talent and many of those chosen were given no greater opportunity than those not selected. I agree completely

So now money and talent are removed as issues

Why form this team mid July, 2 weeks before tournament season was over for the current teams? Why form this team without advising any of the existing coaches?

This isn't an issue of envy, it is an issue of courtesy and respect. While we can appreciate that our boys wiill grow into men and face all the challenges in the world, competition in youth sports can be done in an open informed tryout. Had this taken place in September this team would be conversation, not a controversy

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe MC saw some kids play Tuesday night when orange and Korwans team scrimmage. How about that picking kids on talent, now that is a great idea. And you would have said no after the fact if your kid was asked . PLEASE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saying that the BULK of talented players from express orange & pihranas are MOST prob going to stay with the express and are currently practicing. And if your son was "chosen" you wouldn't be crying about it. Like most hypocrites that gave people a hard time. Than when MC gave them the late invite it was all peachy!

There are only 6 Piranha kids that were asked, so i dont think that constitutes the bulk of the team. This wasnt done on a talent basis and everyone knows it, so give it up. So i guess your saying if a kid wasnt picked theyre not talented?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are only 6 Piranha kids that were asked, so i dont think that constitutes the bulk of the team. This wasnt done on a talent basis and everyone knows it, so give it up. So i guess your saying if a kid wasnt picked theyre not talented?

I never said that, please don't put words in my mouth. I feel every player has talent, some more than others but thats in anything. You said, "this wasn't base on talent and everyone knows it"-- who knows it? Who's "everyone"? Those who are bitter & can't stop whineing? If your son was picked weeks back you wouldn't be complaining. And if you don't think its a talented group, than your very delusional.

You can have your son go to the tryouts and hope he gives his best effort or move on, very simple.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

7 Piranhas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never said that, please don't put words in my mouth. I feel every player has talent, some more than others but thats in anything. You said, "this wasn't base on talent and everyone knows it"-- who knows it? Who's "everyone"? Those who are bitter & can't stop whineing? If your son was picked weeks back you wouldn't be complaining. And if you don't think its a talented group, than your very delusional.

You can have your son go to the tryouts and hope he gives his best effort or move on, very simple.

Korwan (Express Piranhas 2017) VS. McManus (Express Orange 2017) for the match ups since teams formed in fall- they played 4 scrimmages/games- record- 2(W)-1(L)-1(T) in favor of the Piranhas.

New 2017 Orange team formed over last few weeks had initially 10 McManus kids selected and 4 Piranhas, now 7 Piranhas.

Piranhas team was on the rise this year with plenty of talent. Look at the math, Piranhas were a stronger team based on record, with fewer kids selected.

New 2017 team based purley on talent, NO LOGIC TO THAT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are the consumer....go investigate other teams/organizations and see if your kid fits there, and make that team better.....your still the "second" team if you stay with Express, you wont get all "the stuff" that the #1 team gets and you will still have kids added throughout the year "for a tryout". Do you really want to Dig deep into your checkbook to be "the second team". Oh yea...need the connection for St. A's......>>>"""""Good Players Play""""

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Korwan (Express Piranhas 2017) VS. McManus (Express Orange 2017) for the match ups since teams formed in fall- they played 4 scrimmages/games- record- 2(W)-1(L)-1(T) in favor of the Piranhas.

New 2017 Orange team formed over last few weeks had initially 10 McManus kids selected and 4 Piranhas, now 7 Piranhas.

Piranhas team was on the rise this year with plenty of talent. Look at the math, Piranhas were a stronger team based on record, with fewer kids selected.

I believe it was talent based. I also believe the 2017 McManus team had a better tournament season then the 2017 Piranhas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said it wasnt a talented group, I said the selection process wasnt based on talent, which it clearly wasnt. There were BS agendas and personal relationships involved. The fact that the team has talented kids on it doesnt matter. Noone has a problem with the fact that a new and improved "A" team is being formed. It was by whom and the manner it was carried out thats the issue. Any parent that has a kid on either the Piranhas or the Orange team knows this.

Tryouts are a farce, so for you to even bring that up shows where your head is at.

Good luck with your new team, hope it works out for you. I will be taking my son elsewhere where hes treated with the respect he deserves plain and simple. You can say whatever you want, but the Express organization as whole knows nothing of respect and dignity and how to treat people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD

I believe it was talent based. I also believe the 2017 McManus team had a better tournament season then the 2017 Piranhas

as stated, "purely" on talent

Definition of PURELY
1a : to a full extent : totally <purely by accident> b : wholly, exclusively <a selection based purely on merit>
2: without admixture of anything injurious or foreign

And you are correct, easier match ups make for a better tournament season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please enlighten us when exactly the Piranhas beat orange. We must not have been there both times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
shouldnt the lengthy Express string go under the Express category?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Break the Express spell........go elsewhere.....the Express is NOT the key to your kids success....stop drinking the koolaide and play for a team that respects the kids/parents etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When a man/organization shows their true colors OVER & OVER again, down the line they will show YOU their true colors OVER & OVER again! Why is this situation such a suprise to you all? How often has he/they done the exact same thing? Yet you all let your kids play for them, not thinking it would happen to your child? For those of you with "Chosen" kids, dont try to justify it, there is no justifying it, just enjoy it now because you dont know who will be "Chosen" next year (or worse yet, in September or November or January or even July)

& BTW, this isn't sour grapes...Ive got a couple/few "Chosen" kids of my own that "Chose" somewhere else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Break the Express spell........go elsewhere.....the Express is NOT the key to your kids success....stop drinking the koolaide and play for a team that respects the kids/parents etc.

Couldn't agree more.........but you know they'll still have 200 unknowing souls at their tryouts to make their donation.

Won't be me........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When a man/organization shows their true colors OVER & OVER again, down the line they will show YOU their true colors OVER & OVER again! Why is this situation such a suprise to you all? How often has he/they done the exact same thing? Yet you all let your kids play for them, not thinking it would happen to your child? For those of you with "Chosen" kids, dont try to justify it, there is no justifying it, just enjoy it now because you dont know who will be "Chosen" next year (or worse yet, in September or November or January or even July)

& BTW, this isn't sour grapes...Ive got a couple/few "Chosen" kids of my own that "Chose" somewhere else

Best post I've seen in a long time..............

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more.........but you know they'll still have 200 unknowing souls at their tryouts to make their donation.

Won't be me........

and that is most likely because your son is not good enough to make one of their better teams. Express works for some and not others. As does 91 and other clubs for other kids. There are plenty of teams out there....find one that works for you and stop complaining .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won't be me........

and that is most likely because your son is not good enough to make one of their better teams. Express works for some and not others. As does 91 and other clubs for other kids. There are plenty of teams out there....find one that works for you and stop complaining .

That's why I stated it won't be me Einstein....obviously.......go away now troll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am just pissed off that took our chef away. Can we all just move on now.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am just pissed off that took our chef away. Can we all just move on now.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport is in the A classification and came in undefeated in Suffolk in middle school this year. I think we're the winners.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where are teams playing this fall?

Is Anyone going to New Haven on 11/17?
Anyone going to Fairfield Univeristy on 11/18?
How about Princeton Junction on 11/3?
Others?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where are teams playing this fall?

Is Anyone going to New Haven on 11/17?
Anyone going to Fairfield Univeristy on 11/18?
How about Princeton Junction on 11/3?
Others?

Fairfield on 11/18? Whats going on there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its call football season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Google 'sound lacrosse' and you should be able to find it. (I don't want to adverstise as Cage Sage gets a little ansie about unapproved advertising. He wouldn't even let me mention the location or date of a particular tournament in northern Nassau County at the end of October like I did with the others in my list.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its call football season

Thanks for contributing that riveting addition to the forums, which by the way are dedicated to talking about lacrosse. I know its wacky but people come on a lacrosse forum to talk about lacrosse.......crazy

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I don't want to adverstise as Cage Sage gets a little ansie about unapproved advertising. He wouldn't even let me mention the location or date of a particular tournament in northern Nassau County at the end of October like I did with the others in my list.
Despite your anonymous post calling out BOTC policy, let us respond.

Please understand that events that you see on BOTC have been vetted by our staff; we know how to contact these events on your behalf should something go wrong on quality, service, or scheduling. When "unapproved" (for want of a better word) events come across the BOTC wires, particularly in the local area, there is an assumption that since it was on the BOTC message boards, we are sanctioning the event and answering questions about it. Hence, we are protecting ourselves and protecting you to some extent.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I understand and respect your policy, which is why I did not mention the tournaments by name, but rather by location and date - i was interested in those particular events. So how are we to know what events have been 'approved' so that we can discuss them? Can we only talk about the events listed on the side bars or that have already occured in the past?

Having been rebuked once in a past post, I attempted to comply with the spirit of your policy by not mentioning the names of the tournament. So I was surprised when you deleted my reference to the Nassau tournament, (when in fact, if you do a search of all posts on BOTC, it has already been mentioned) and not the Fairfield or Princeton Junction tournaments which have not been discussed or anywhere else 'approved'.

Thank you for maintaining this forum and all of the information it provides. It must be a lot of work. I wish there was something like it for Westchester/Connecticut.

-no longer anonymous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by stich2681
I understand and respect your policy, which is why I did not mention the tournaments by name, but rather by location and date - i was interested in those particular events. So how are we to know what events have been 'approved' so that we can discuss them? Can we only talk about the events listed on the side bars or that have already occured in the past?

Having been rebuked once in a past post, I attempted to comply with the spirit of your policy by not mentioning the names of the tournament. So I was surprised when you deleted my reference to the Nassau tournament, (when in fact, if you do a search of all posts on BOTC, it has already been mentioned) and not the Fairfield or Princeton Junction tournaments which have not been discussed or anywhere else 'approved'.

Thank you for maintaining this forum and all of the information it provides. It must be a lot of work. I wish there was something like it for Westchester/Connecticut.

-no longer anonymous

Get the word out (but be warned to take each post in stride), but know there are already plenty of Westchester folk on here just observing whether PT TS WR !!!!

Long Island isnt the only place that wears orange.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have spread the word - youre welcome Cage Sage. I too keep a lookout for PT, TS and WR, though WR doesn't have a team in my child's age. Surprised PT isn't listed on the side bar under Upstate NY Club names. I'll start a thread.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard