BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 32 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Blaze & Ambush did well. Winning there championship games in the tournaments that they were in. 2021 program is looking good.

Especially since Blaze has a 2 yr holdback who is a 15 years old playing 2021, what a farce, kid should be a'19

Unfortunately every team has hold backs now. Your son's team does too. I don't agree with it but it is reality.

Holdbacks yes but not double holdbacks...pathetic!! Kid should be a sophomore in HS but instead "dominating" eighth graders...great job parenting Mom and Dad!! Lol

A hold back is a hold back.....1 month, or 1, 2 years it does not matter. A cheater is a cheater whether it is by a little or a lot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HERE IS A FACT .... YOU CAN HOLDBACK ALL YOU WANT BUT IF YOU DONT GROW IT DOES NOT MATTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FACT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blaze & Ambush did well. Winning there championship games in the tournaments that they were in. 2021 program is looking good.

Especially since Blaze has a 2 yr holdback who is a 15 years old playing 2021, what a farce, kid should be a'19

Unfortunately every team has hold backs now. Your son's team does too. I don't agree with it but it is reality.

Holdbacks yes but not double holdbacks...pathetic!! Kid should be a sophomore in HS but instead "dominating" eighth graders...great job parenting Mom and Dad!! Lol

A hold back is a hold back.....1 month, or 1, 2 years it does not matter. A cheater is a cheater whether it is by a little or a lot.

You are absolutely correct! It's just the double holdback thing is so pathetic...I just can't wrap my brain around it. Talent plays up not down. I would think it's got to be a bit humiliating for the kid because it just was not necessary. The championship pic should be framed and hung up as a reminder of what cheating looks like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great a double hold back look at the pictures of the kids with the championship this past weekend . It is really funny to see.... the coaches maybe should suit up this weekend if they still have eligibility.... What ARE YOU TEACHING YOUR KIDS !!!!! Parents on that team with kids of right age you will never get a fair shake !!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWFUL

Organization should be ashamed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great a double hold back look at the pictures of the kids with the championship this past weekend . It is really funny to see.... the coaches maybe should suit up this weekend if they still have eligibility.... What ARE YOU TEACHING YOUR KIDS !!!!! Parents on that team with kids of right age you will never get a fair shake !!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWFUL

The parents should be ashamed too!! Their kid won't be known for how good of a player he is now. He will be known as the double-holdback cheater. So sad!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] Why would he play 2 years up?
Why would 2019 want a 2021?

Unless he is playing with a mix of jv players at various ages. IM guessing he's not the only 2021 on the 2019 team

Because it's not true and if it is it is for a doormat club team that needs that Very very very few play up in good club lacrosse they can get by with some of the bad clubs but good club lacrosse Not a chance [/quote

This is an issue. In towns with "weaker" programs, these parents get all starry eyed that the varsity coach is courting their 2021 and wants them to practice with varsity and play summer with JV. It's great I get it. But if your son isn't on the best team in 2021, it's not the real deal. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad your son is doing great. Just don't get him hurt.
He is playing with his JV team, and playing against some really good JV teams. He will probably play JV this spring. If I go by the hold back crew, he is really playing 3 years up because he is a late fall 03 birthday. He is doing well in school, and is going to graduate with his friends. He is having fun with his Travel Team, and is looking forward to school ball.

Hate to burst your bubble but there are no really good JV teams on LI. Most schools now bring up the best freshman and Sophs up to varsity. JV is a joke.

That's not always true. In the big lacrosse schools like WM, Smithtown, Maybe some others based on year, there is so much upperclass talent that a very good freshman may not get to play much if on Varsity. Would be much better off actually playing on JV and then brought up for post season. Many schools alllow the better JV players practice with Varsity

I would agree. My top 20 D1 program committed son was a Freshman last season and didn't play much. He should have played JV, gotten to actually play and have some fun. Instead they played the upper classmen, coaches choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parents should be ashamed too!! Their kid won't be known for how good of a player he is now. He will be known as the double-holdback cheater. So sad!

While not ethical , the kid is small for his age. Great family great kid and trust me no one works harder and puts in more time then him. Let's not kill him because you don't know them. He's played "up " or of age according to some since he's been playing. Maybe just looking for a size balance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
give me a break!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While not ethical , the kid is small for his age. Great family great kid and trust me no one works harder and puts in more time then him. Let's not kill him because you don't know them. He's played "up " or of age according to some since he's been playing. Maybe just looking for a size balance.

Tough SH**...... Maybe it isn't meant to be. Good Family, Good Kid, blah, blah, blah...Who cares. The one thing you cannot control is size. Deal with it. The moral, if there was any, must be gone on this team. How do the established, OF AGE, players take this as they barely play now. You cannot qualify this team as a 2021. I don't care how you spin it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the Outlaws were missing many starter on offense. I'm sure all teams were missing kids. It does not matter because it is Fall. That is why you get inconsistent results from week to week. The only thing that is consistent is that Blaze at NXT up until now has been running over everyone with lopsided wins. Ambush is also looking good but winning at B to B plus level tournaments and fighting hard for those championships winning by one goal. I for one think that Ambush is an A to AA team but they need to play better teams more often to prove it. Anyone who thinks the Fall is an indication of how the Spring and Summer will turn out has no clue. Last Fall EVERYONE was saying Blaze and Express were finished and they may have even dropped to the B ranks. Look how last season ended for those teams. Blaze was the best team and Express was third best. Outlaws had a weak Fall last year but finished strong. Ambush looked strong in the Fall but could have done better in the summer against questionable teams. Fall is to play with what ever players you have that show up to identify weaknesses and fix them in the Winter to get ready for Spring. These scores mean nothing. One thing that is certain is that Black Ice/Blaze game is going to be great. When will it be?

Yes looney should have beat the outlaws, but they didn't. Excellent game and the outlaws came back from a 4-1 halftime deficit to win in OT.

Great game and both teams played hard.

Blaze definitely in a class by themselves in talent, hold backs and dirty play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the Outlaws were missing many starter on offense. I'm sure all teams were missing kids. It does not matter because it is Fall. That is why you get inconsistent results from week to week. The only thing that is consistent is that Blaze at NXT up until now has been running over everyone with lopsided wins. Ambush is also looking good but winning at B to B plus level tournaments and fighting hard for those championships winning by one goal. I for one think that Ambush is an A to AA team but they need to play better teams more often to prove it. Anyone who thinks the Fall is an indication of how the Spring and Summer will turn out has no clue. Last Fall EVERYONE was saying Blaze and Express were finished and they may have even dropped to the B ranks. Look how last season ended for those teams. Blaze was the best team and Express was third best. Outlaws had a weak Fall last year but finished strong. Ambush looked strong in the Fall but could have done better in the summer against questionable teams. Fall is to play with what ever players you have that show up to identify weaknesses and fix them in the Winter to get ready for Spring. These scores mean nothing. One thing that is certain is that Black Ice/Blaze game is going to be great. When will it be?

Yes looney should have beat the outlaws, but they didn't. Excellent game and the outlaws came back from a 4-1 halftime deficit to win in OT.

Not sure if Ambush would compete at AA. They may be on par with Outlaws Select and other A teams, but would not be able to beat Blaze or Black Ice. They got beat by Express last year, but they are both different teams this year. I don't think that the organization would put Ambush and Blaze in the same bracket in the same tournament, so we may never know. I do agree that fall ball is tough to go by, many are playing football, and are missing the tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enough with the holdbacks being cheating. It is the rules, so it isn't cheating. It sucks, especially since my kid just turned 13, and has to compete against 15 year olds to make the better teams, but it is what it is. All of the AA teams have them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush beat Outlaws Gold 8-7 and 5-4 this past weekend. Either team could have won those games. Those are not over welling wins. They need to play better teams more often. We will never be able to tell how good or bad they really are until they play an entire year in AA or even A tournaments. The tournaments they played in so far this season were B tournaments even if they played and beat a couple of A teams as well. They are a good team and deserve to be playing better teams than what they have been playing.

Not sure if Ambush would compete at AA. They may be on par with Outlaws Select and other A teams, but would not be able to beat Blaze or Black Ice. They got beat by Express last year, but they are both different teams this year. I don't think that the organization would put Ambush and Blaze in the same bracket in the same tournament, so we may never know. I do agree that fall ball is tough to go by, many are playing football, and are missing the tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless he is playing with a mix of jv players at various ages. IM guessing he's not the only 2021 on the 2019 team

Because it's not true and if it is it is for a doormat club team that needs that Very very very few play up in good club lacrosse they can get by with some of the bad clubs but good club lacrosse Not a chance [/quote

This is an issue. In towns with "weaker" programs, these parents get all starry eyed that the varsity coach is courting their 2021 and wants them to practice with varsity and play summer with JV. It's great I get it. But if your son isn't on the best team in 2021, it's not the real deal. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad your son is doing great. Just don't get him hurt.
He is playing with his JV team, and playing against some really good JV teams. He will probably play JV this spring. If I go by the hold back crew, he is really playing 3 years up because he is a late fall 03 birthday. He is doing well in school, and is going to graduate with his friends. He is having fun with his Travel Team, and is looking forward to school ball.

Hate to burst your bubble but there are no really good JV teams on LI. Most schools now bring up the best freshman and Sophs up to varsity. JV is a joke.

That's not always true. In the big lacrosse schools like WM, Smithtown, Maybe some others based on year, there is so much upperclass talent that a very good freshman may not get to play much if on Varsity. Would be much better off actually playing on JV and then brought up for post season. Many schools alllow the better JV players practice with Varsity

I would agree. My top 20 D1 program committed son was a Freshman last season and didn't play much. He should have played JV, gotten to actually play and have some fun. Instead they played the upper classmen, coaches choice.

If your son is physically capable, always play up. Mine started on JV as an 8th grader. In his first showcase after school ended, Syracuse called his club Coach. Didn't end up committing there, but did commit to a great D1 program with a strong scholarship offer. Point is, playing up prepared him well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ambush did not beat outlaws 8-7. They had it wrong. Ambush beat GC 8-7
Agree its the fall, also one can not go on last years teams. All teams had tryouts and some kids were cut and some were added. Was it a good start for Ambush, yes. Do they have to keep working at it. Yes as well. Out of Igloo Avalanche, Outlaws, etc, they are the best thus far. Yet to say that is pre mature as well. Let the talkers always talk and let the teams do what they do, which is practice and try hard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough SH**...... Maybe it isn't meant to be. Good Family, Good Kid, blah, blah, blah...Who cares. The one thing you cannot control is size. Deal with it. The moral, if there was any, must be gone on this team. How do the established, OF AGE, players take this as they barely play now. You cannot qualify this team as a 2021. I don't care how you spin it!

Maybe somebody is jealous that his teammates were recruited and he was planning on being first. Maybe now he has a shot at being the earliest 2021. All about the fame. Parents don't realize they are setting the kid up to crash and burn. Very sad actually

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty: 1st 2021 ****** ********, double holdback becomes earliest commit in history of sport!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe somebody is jealous that his teammates were recruited and he was planning on being first. Maybe now he has a shot at being the earliest 2021. All about the fame. Parents don't realize they are setting the kid up to crash and burn. Very sad actually

In this case that's exactly what it is,what an embarrassment, parents should be ashamed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beating Outlaws Gold and Garden City by one and playing in B level tournaments does not make any team an A team. Even though the talent may be there a team needs to play in A tournaments against A teams consistently to be considered an A team.

Agree its the fall, also one can not go on last years teams. All teams had tryouts and some kids were cut and some were added. Was it a good start for Ambush, yes. Do they have to keep working at it. Yes as well. Out of Igloo Avalanche, Outlaws, etc, they are the best thus far. Yet to say that is pre mature as well. Let the talkers always talk and let the teams do what they do, which is practice and try hard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beating Outlaws Gold and Garden City by one and playing in B level tournaments does not make any team an A team. Even though the talent may be there a team needs to play in A tournaments against A teams consistently to be considered an A team.

There are a number of 2021 teams that are at parity with Ambush, so . . . whatever! Strong B/Weak A teams are not exactly hard to come by on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year Ambush beat every team but LI Express AA, Avalanche, and 2020 teams when they played up. I would say that they are better than most teams except those.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're kidding, right? SWR is basically the Blaze team. Sachem doesn't allow kids to play up, and there were few if any 8th graders playing in the Farmingdale Fall league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt this is an Ambush parant. It is just someone looking to start trouble. If it is an Ambush parent good luck to that team.

Last year Ambush beat every team but LI Express AA, Avalanche, and 2020 teams when they played up. I would say that they are better than most teams except those.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Sachem is one of few schools that don't allow it means JV is competitive and a somewhat high level ? I know not . Having 2 JV kids in last three years in another school that doesn't bring up freshman , the games are horrible. Maybe 1 or 2 very good players on opposing teams. Don't kid yourself .

You're kidding, right? SWR is basically the Blaze team. Sachem doesn't allow kids to play up, and there were few if any 8th graders playing in the Farmingdale Fall league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As usual Ambush parents on here in the Fall playing it off like they noticed that this team should be A or AA. get with it people ! If your kid was that good he would be on Blaze.. Period.. The same "ol" broken down coach for all these years drooling and whispering in parents ears how this team is going to be in the top 3 rankings in the country at this age , Turn style year in year out same song different players. Stop with the boasting your a solid B+ team and leave it at that. Ambush never plays top teams , always playing no name programs or weak teams from good programs.. Who really cares other then a few parents about having a label that your son plays on "a". Colleges do not care ! Its at the point how your son performs on the field individually . Let go of the PAL mentality !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. There is a reason why the program directors put them in these weak tournament. Given that Ambush at the Purchase B level tournament had two one goal games against Outlaws Gold and GC 34 means they belong in the B tournaments and they are not ready to compete at an NLF tournament, NXT or even LAx...fest where they always play in the B bracket. They may beat an A team once in a while because they are a very good team but they can't beat A teams 75 percent of the time. They are well placed in these B tournaments. Also and more important the kids will not get better always playing at weak tournaments where they always win. They need to play in A tournaments even if they get blown out once in a while. But remember the directors need them to think they are better than they are and keep coming back. So they win tournaments and this creates delusional parents because they beat a good team every so often and win every tournament. At this stage like you said tournament wins means nothing. One thing I disagree with. They are better than B plus. They more like A minus team which is consistent with beating A teams once in a while and always winning B and C tournaments like they have so far this fall.

As usual Ambush parents on here in the Fall playing it off like they noticed that this team should be A or AA. get with it people ! If your kid was that good he would be on Blaze.. Period.. The same "ol" broken down coach for all these years drooling and whispering in parents ears how this team is going to be in the top 3 rankings in the country at this age , Turn style year in year out same song different players. Stop with the boasting your a solid B+ team and leave it at that. Ambush never plays top teams , always playing no name programs or weak teams from good programs.. Who really cares other then a few parents about having a label that your son plays on "a". Colleges do not care ! Its at the point how your son performs on the field individually . Let go of the PAL mentality !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are new players on the team, and we have had one tournament. Until we play Avalanche and Express, we won't know where we are. A-, B+, who cares. Let's see how they did by the end of the summer. My kid is having fun, the coach never whispered anything in my ear about being a AA team. He wants to win, and wants to play in good tournaments, with good competition. None of the Ambush parents are boasting about anything. We all know our boys aren't on an elite team, and we enjoy the team. Have a good winter, and we can talk in the Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As you are the curious parent who dabbles in and out of BOTC , there are others like you who do as well from your team. You may have a common sense attitude and be a utmost realistic parent as well on the sideline about your sons team. BUT the guy standing next to you double fisting solo cups in between games under the tent could be total opposite on your thoughts and could be the one boasting the greatness of one or two players shy of world series status. Every parent has a different mentality , so please as you may make sense the other guy could be the ranting and raving parent on here . Every team has that select unrealstic parent who as the previous poster says drools at the mouth like his or hers kids coach about this is the year its gonna happen. Its been said year in year out about this particular team on here around this time. And it's always new players were added this year .. Seems irrelevant after awhile .

There are new players on the team, and we have had one tournament. Until we play Avalanche and Express, we won't know where we are. A-, B+, who cares. Let's see how they did by the end of the summer. My kid is having fun, the coach never whispered anything in my ear about being a AA team. He wants to win, and wants to play in good tournaments, with good competition. None of the Ambush parents are boasting about anything. We all know our boys aren't on an elite team, and we enjoy the team. Have a good winter, and we can talk in the Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And who made u the grade master of the BOC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was thinking of going to watch the Igloo 80 with Junior, anybody know what time it starts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blaze is playing in PA this weekend against Freedom and Dukes. Curious to see how those PA teams stack up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talk about Team 91 and especially Ambush, Next August, Have little Johnny come try out. Hey, You never know. As for us, Our leaders are keeping us right where we need to be with our competition. The best games played are 1 point games. We know we are not Blaze, We understand that. Our Boys are Practicing hard, playing hard, and most of all getting better. Thats about all you can ask from your team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Johnny?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze will win by 8-10 goals. No competition there.
Blaze is playing in PA this weekend against Freedom and Dukes. Curious to see how those PA teams stack up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Johnny Or Janney are fictitious Lacrosse Players, Their name simulates envious fathers and Or Mothers that like to criticize other teams that their child doesnt play on. Our Children are Having Fun, winning and losing some lacrosse games. And getting better as a team and individuals. Hoping this clears any confusion up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh ok got it. So what name would you be called. A grown man acting like a child posting on an 8th grade lacrosse thread with out add adding his name. I think I know the correct name for you. It's the word that is in front of "cat"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh ok got it. So what name would you be called. A grown man acting like a child posting on an 8th grade lacrosse thread with out add adding his name. I think I know the correct name for you. It's the word that is in front of "cat"

Wild? That works, thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Igloo. Nice job. Can't wait for next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone attend the Igloo 80? Thoughts? Was it worth the money? It was well out of my price range.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Igloo event surpassed all expectations!!! It was well run, well organized and all of the D1 coaches were invested in the boys!

This event will become a highly sought after invitation from where on out.

Mostly Igloo boys but also Maryland and Texas, my son was the only non Igloo attack on his team but all got equal time and all the boys were nice and had fun...and played high level lax!

Coach Tierney's talk to the parents was spot on!

Page 8 of 32 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard