BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 44 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DK cares about the girls. Enough with your nonsense. Team is real good. And exactly no drama.
We will see how good as they play M&D, Skywalkers, and Hero's this weekend. Any guesses on the results?

Who cares, they are out playing the best and can't say that for other LI clubs. Besides last I checked, the other best team in the universe (YJA) didn't fair to well agaisnt these teams either.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DK cares about the girls. Enough with your nonsense. Team is real good. And exactly no drama.
We will see how good as they play M&D, Skywalkers, and Hero's this weekend. Any guesses on the results?

Who cares, they are out playing the best and can't say that for other LI clubs. Besides last I checked, the other best team in the universe (YJA) didn't fair to well agaisnt these teams either.

Elevate will not beat M&D or SW. They have a chance against Hero's as hero's tends to fall apart second half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girls and parents are great it's just Dave you should worry about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate will not beat M&D or SW. They have a chance against Hero's as hero's tends to fall apart second half.

Would it be safe to say M&D and SW are the no 1 and 2 teams right now at this age level?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would it be safe to say M&D and SW are the no 1 and 2 teams right now at this age level?

By the logic of " what have you done lately " which seems to be the measuring stick on this site, it would be SW#1, M&D #2.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would be willing to go out on a limb and say yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my prediction for this weekend's records at the Chesapeake Tourney:

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

M&D 4-0
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 4-0
YJ 1-2

M&D is still the top team in the country. Sky walkers can move to #1 by going undefeated this weekend and by winning the Mid Atlantic showcase the next week. Until they beat M&D a second time M&D is still the top dog

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

M&D 4-0
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 4-0
YJ 1-2

M&D is still the top team in the country. Sky walkers can move to #1 by going undefeated this weekend and by winning the Mid Atlantic showcase the next week. Until they beat M&D a second time M&D is still the top dog

Agree. M&D is the best team and will likely remain the best team. A loss here and there does not change that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

M&D 4-0
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 4-0
YJ 1-2

Skywalkers have moved to number one. Given their top notch coaching, hard work, and unrivaled team chemistry, they look to remain in that spot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

M&D 4-0
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 4-0
YJ 1-2

Skywalkers have moved to number one. Given their top notch coaching, hard work, and unrivaled team chemistry, they look to remain in that spot.

I thought it was "2nd to none" chemistry ...Im now rooting for M&D just because you are such a schmuck .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

M&D 4-0
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 4-0
YJ 1-2

YJ has the toughest schedule playing both SW and M&D. Both M&D and SW only play one of the others, not both. But the two just played this past weekend so I guess we use that result and M&D is 0-1 and SW is 1-0 headed into this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

M&D 4-0
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 4-0
YJ 1-2

I thought it was "2nd to none" chemistry ...Im now rooting for M&D just because you are such a schmuck .

I am rooting for M&D too. Our girls need somebody to step up and provide competition or else they will not get better. I am thinking M&D is the most likely team to do that in the area so, I agree, go M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

M&D 4-0
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 4-0
YJ 1-2

YJ has the toughest schedule playing both SW and M&D. Both M&D and SW only play one of the others, not both. But the two just played this past weekend so I guess we use that result and M&D is 0-1 and SW is 1-0 headed into this weekend.
UK are only playing Sunday. The tournament director I am sure wanted to make it worth their while with some solid competition. The girls will be tested this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

M&D 4-0
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 4-0
YJ 1-2

It s actually 1-1 last weekend. M&D win full game in pool party 10-7 and SW won championship 4-2 in short game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

M&D 4-0
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 4-0
YJ 1-2

It s actually 1-1 last weekend. M&D win full game in pool party 10-7 and SW won championship 4-2 in short game.

YJ will travel down to MD this weekend with last years team plus 2 new players. Cuts have not been made yet. With 24 rostered players it will be tough to shorten the bench in tough games as all teams admittedly do . ( Every game on Sunday should be tough,that's why you go down to MD.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great information posted on another page that will help the 21 parents that are new to recruiting with some insight into the process...

"What are the grades that a kid actually needs to get into certain schools?"

- It all depends on where the coach has the player ranked on their recruiting list. The #1 recruit on the list will not have the same requirements as the # 8.

The Ivy's work off of an "academic index" there are minimum requirements for each individual. However, the average for the recruiting class is significantly higher than the minimum therefore if a priority recruit is close to the minimum the coach will take a less qualified player if they have better grades (in order to pull the class average up).

Other Highly Competitive Schools such as Duke, Georgetown, BC, ND etc... have what are known as "Slots". The coach has the ability to get a certain number of players into the school. In general, those students must have very good grades but the requirements are less than a regular student would need to get into the school. For a recruited athlete the coach would like to see 90+ avg and a minimum of 1200 on the SAT and 27 ACT. Anything less would be cause for concern. Again, the coach will have more flexibility with their top recruits.

From what I have been told, Northwestern does not have a cap on admission slots but they follow similar guideline as to who they choose to get into the school.

Remember, the coaches want the kids to be successful both on the field and in the classroom. Coaches will only take so many chances with players who do not demonstrate that they have the ability to succeed in the classroom.

As far as scholarship dollars go, don't listen to anyone. Each individual case is different. The Top recruits at fully funded schools are offered significant $$. The #1 recruit might get 75% or more, the #5 might get 25-30% and the #9 or #10 might be offered an admission slot and no athletic scholarship.
Each case is different.

If finances and cost are your biggest concern explore all options. If your daughter is a good student and a good lacrosse player you should be able to find a school that will be able to make it work financially.

If your daughter is a great student and a great lacrosse player she can write her own ticked to any school she wants. if your daughter is great student and an ok lacrosse player she can fide a school that will give her a lot of academic $$. If your daughter is a great lacrosse player and an average student she will be just fine as well, some really good schools will give plenty of athletic $$.

Ivy's do not offer athletic scholarships. (they have very generous need based aid).

Schools like Northwestens, Georgetown, Hopkins, ND, BC also offer generous need based aid packages. (they also offer athletic scholarships)

To the best of my knowledge you can not combine Athletic $$ and Need Based Aid. You can however combine Academic $$ and Athletic $$.

If your daughter is being recruited and offered a spot at North Carolina, Maryland, Penn State and Syracuse but not being offered a lot of $$ you can drop down a notch and be offered a lot more $$. It works the same way on the Academic side. If your daughter has the grades to be recruited and offered a spot and an Ivy you can drop down a bit academically and pick up significant academic $$.

DII and DIII have different rules than DI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

M&D 4-0
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 4-0
YJ 1-2

YJ will travel down to MD this weekend with last years team plus 2 new players. Cuts have not been made yet. With 24 rostered players it will be tough to shorten the bench in tough games as all teams admittedly do . ( Every game on Sunday should be tough,that's why you go down to MD.)

Not sure what point your trying to make about not shortening the bench? Is there that much of a drop off on this team between lines? Sounds like you already have your excuse ready to go

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 3-1
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 3-1
YJ 2-1

M&D 4-0
Heros 2-2
Skywalkers 4-0
YJ 1-2

Not sure what point your trying to make about not shortening the bench? Is there that much of a drop off on this team between lines? Sounds like you already have your excuse ready to go

There is a drop off on every team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate will take down many of the MD teams this weekend - just watch! If you miss it, DK will post it all online for you to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That M+D team is excellent and will continue to be the best team in the country. The best thing that could have happened to them is for the other teams in the mid Atlantic to get good enough to give them a real game and beat them occasionally. All the girls will be better for it. It will be interesting to see how the mid Atlantic teams play against YJ and Elevate this weekend.

Is this a joke? Elevate?

NO JOKE - ELevate will take down SW, Heros and Integrity this weekend and will go 3-1. M&D will be a tough game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate will take down many of the MD teams this weekend - just watch! If you miss it, DK will post it all online for you to see.

Whatever. May beat Integrity. Best case is 1-3.. They aren't beating M&D, SW or Heros. Not happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which is elevates top team, red or blue?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just go to the Maryland and Vicinity
thread. Y Freaking hijacking the thread again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ will travel down to MD this weekend with last years team plus 2 new players. Cuts have not been made yet. With 24 rostered players it will be tough to shorten the bench in tough games as all teams admittedly do . ( Every game on Sunday should be tough,that's why you go down to MD.) [/quote]

Not sure what point your trying to make about not shortening the bench? Is there that much of a drop off on this team between lines? Sounds like you already have your excuse ready to go [/quote]

There is a drop off on every team [/quote]

I think the good news is the weather will be good on Sunday and the bottom half won't get cold watching Sundays games from the bench. Parent coach already knows who is being dropped from the team and won't care about hurting anyone's feelings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red or blue top team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No parent on elevate would say we are taken down all the Maryland teams. Someone stirring the pot. Those Maryland teams are top notch. Hopefully they can give them a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue is A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree elevate would be a better place without Dave k

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great information posted on another page that will help the 21 parents that are new to recruiting with some insight into the process...

"What are the grades that a kid actually needs to get into certain schools?"

- It all depends on where the coach has the player ranked on their recruiting list. The #1 recruit on the list will not have the same requirements as the # 8.

The Ivy's work off of an "academic index" there are minimum requirements for each individual. However, the average for the recruiting class is significantly higher than the minimum therefore if a priority recruit is close to the minimum the coach will take a less qualified player if they have better grades (in order to pull the class average up).

Other Highly Competitive Schools such as Duke, Georgetown, BC, ND etc... have what are known as "Slots". The coach has the ability to get a certain number of players into the school. In general, those students must have very good grades but the requirements are less than a regular student would need to get into the school. For a recruited athlete the coach would like to see 90+ avg and a minimum of 1200 on the SAT and 27 ACT. Anything less would be cause for concern. Again, the coach will have more flexibility with their top recruits.

From what I have been told, Northwestern does not have a cap on admission slots but they follow similar guideline as to who they choose to get into the school.

Remember, the coaches want the kids to be successful both on the field and in the classroom. Coaches will only take so many chances with players who do not demonstrate that they have the ability to succeed in the classroom.

As far as scholarship dollars go, don't listen to anyone. Each individual case is different. The Top recruits at fully funded schools are offered significant $$. The #1 recruit might get 75% or more, the #5 might get 25-30% and the #9 or #10 might be offered an admission slot and no athletic scholarship.
Each case is different.

If finances and cost are your biggest concern explore all options. If your daughter is a good student and a good lacrosse player you should be able to find a school that will be able to make it work financially.

If your daughter is a great student and a great lacrosse player she can write her own ticked to any school she wants. if your daughter is great student and an ok lacrosse player she can fide a school that will give her a lot of academic $$. If your daughter is a great lacrosse player and an average student she will be just fine as well, some really good schools will give plenty of athletic $$.

Ivy's do not offer athletic scholarships. (they have very generous need based aid).

Schools like Northwestens, Georgetown, Hopkins, ND, BC also offer generous need based aid packages. (they also offer athletic scholarships)

To the best of my knowledge you can not combine Athletic $$ and Need Based Aid. You can however combine Academic $$ and Athletic $$.

If your daughter is being recruited and offered a spot at North Carolina, Maryland, Penn State and Syracuse but not being offered a lot of $$ you can drop down a notch and be offered a lot more $$. It works the same way on the Academic side. If your daughter has the grades to be recruited and offered a spot and an Ivy you can drop down a bit academically and pick up significant academic $$.

DII and DIII have different rules than DI.

GREAT information. Thank you for sharing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess Skywalkers chemistry wasn't second to none today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After hearing about their win against M&D I thought I would check them out today. They are overrated. Obviously the chemistry comment was tongue in cheek. They looked weak today in the two games I saw. Monster and Stars both deserved to win. Skywalker's defense is very good, fast, physical. They can't clear the ball. No defined clear like M&D has. The players are randomly running around. Tough job for the goalie whose stickwork is limited. Vulnerable to turnovers. The offense is non existent beyond some very good middies freelancing. No pattern, no passing, no assists. Is there any coaching going on? I did not see an assist in two games. Not impressed with them at all. Bad day huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After hearing about their win against M&D I thought I would check them out today. They are overrated. Obviously the chemistry comment was tongue in cheek. They looked weak today in the two games I saw. Monster and Stars both deserved to win. Skywalker's defense is very good, fast, physical. They can't clear the ball. No defined clear like M&D has. The players are randomly running around. Tough job for the goalie whose stickwork is limited. Vulnerable to turnovers. The offense is non existent beyond some very good middies freelancing. No pattern, no passing, no assists. Is there any coaching going on? I did not see an assist in two games. Not impressed with them at all. Bad day huh?
I think the attack has some solid parts. They never touched the ball. Beyond the three middie superstars the stickwork is very limited. They can't throw or catch in transition. They can run it down the field like rec lacrosse, but not through the air. Bad day agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. They turn the ball over way too much. Poor stick work limits clears and transition ball movement.lots of one on one lacrosse. Coaching appears to be very weak. New coach maybe?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean? Don't you know they have top notch coaching, work the hardest and their chemistry is second to none? #WEBEATM&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros had another "close but no cigar" against M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No mention of YJ or Elevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think that's a little harsh. What it proves is how amazing it is that M&D went as long as they did without losing. There are several good teams at this age. And Monster took M&D to overtime at Lax for the Cure last summer so not surprising they played Skywalkers tough. All these teams can beat each other on any given day which is why the Skywalkers girls/parents should have been a little more humble after last Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros looked great again yesterday. Not bad being the second best team in an age group. Their passing and team work is fun to watch.

Page 21 of 44 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard