BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
Re: LI Outlaws News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the Gold teams the same price as the Select, and yet they do not practice as much as the Select, and they don't have the same quality or quantity of tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why are the Gold teams the same price as the Select, and yet they do not practice as much as the Select, and they don't have the same quality or quantity of tournaments?

Been around this a while. Some A teams practice more some b team practice more. But that is on the coaches to do more than the alloteed or promised. and we all know, not all tournaments cost the same, many times depends on how many times are entered .

Cant do a price by what team you are on. Sorry, unless there is a significant difference in the quantity of games and practices promised!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because you crazy parents keep paying so why not charge the same

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great statement... its so true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tournament costs vary a lot. if it is a true showcase then the cost is about $5500 and if it is a regular tournament then the costs are about 1500-1800. that is a big difference and the stronger the team the more the cost will be

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where were the Outlaws this past weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were practicing at Stimson.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suny Purchase tournament- why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suny Purchase tournament- why?

No we were at Stimson. Is there something we don't know about? What was Purchase? We were never asked to be part of anything there. Who was invited?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop being a Idiot- Not every Team Plays every Weekend- Go Away and back to your Express team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the B teams played

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the B teams played

It looked like they were all B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 2025 B team needs a lot of work. They got run over in the Blatant Tourney

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so does every other Gold team. The Outlaws are not giving the extra support to them. The coaches need to be more committed. Most likely there will be more fallout next tryout season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so does every other Gold team. The Outlaws are not giving the extra support to them. The coaches need to be more committed. Most likely there will be more fallout next tryout season!

From my understanding it goes, Select, Black, Gold. Seems to me they're giving kids an opportunity to play travel that might not have too many options. Not too many 3rd teams are going to kill it. However, if kids challenge themselves and keep working they will be better players at the end of the summer. Which is what travel lacrosse is supposed to be about. Not supposed to be about W's right now...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From my understanding it goes, Select, Black, Gold. Seems to me they're giving kids an opportunity to play travel that might not have too many options. Not too many 3rd teams are going to kill it. However, if kids challenge themselves and keep working they will be better players at the end of the summer. Which is what travel lacrosse is supposed to be about. Not supposed to be about W's right now...

Improvement = Wins. At some point it is about wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it's Select, Gold and Black. The black teams do not start until 7th grade and other than the 2024 Gold team the rest are struggling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did outlaws 2022 team do this past weekend in Brandywine tourney?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's actually a joke that they would say a kid makes the team without paying for a tryout AND the kids can't even catch a bal or throw accurate. All it does is [lacrosse] off the kids who can play. The owner needs to stop the money grabbing because the club is falling apart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's actually a joke that they would say a kid makes the team without paying for a tryout AND the kids can't even catch a bal or throw accurate. All it does is [lacrosse] off the kids who can play. The owner needs to stop the money grabbing because the club is falling apart.

Is that still happening? That happened last year to a few teams.
That's why they try to lock you in right after tryout without knowing who's on the roster. Hope and a prayer. Please take my $2400

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of these teams could care less if your kid gets better. They have great coaches, but they are only great with their high school teams. When it comes to a lot of these club teams, coaches don't care or hardly showup. If you have a great, committed coach you are lucky. Most teams dont have that. Its like pay me now and we will figure it out later. Just a lot of money for an uncommitted coach. Spin it any way you want. Thats how it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please be specific which Gold Team does not have quality Coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of these teams could care less if your kid gets better. They have great coaches, but they are only great with their high school teams. When it comes to a lot of these club teams, coaches don't care or hardly showup. If you have a great, committed coach you are lucky. Most teams dont have that. Its like pay me now and we will figure it out later. Just a lot of money for an uncommitted coach. Spin it any way you want. Thats how it is.

I have to agree - my son's team -2023- usually has 1 coach at each practice. sometimes the team is lucky and both show up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which 2023 team we speaking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to agree - my son's team -2023- usually has 1 coach at each practice. sometimes the team is lucky and both show up

Head coach is awesome, he has passion for the kids but has his hands full. Management took anybody who wrote a check. I'm sure there are a lot who shouldn't be on the team and a lot who should not be on the Select either. It is sad to pay the same money as Select and you get half of what they get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are referring to the Gold 2023

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually you're soooo wrong. Look, if you're in this for wins and you're kid is on a B team, that's a tough road. If they lose to all other B teams, I get the frustration. That being said, if you're in travel so your son might have the opportunity to play college ball someday, I assure you, you need to refocus. Parents, the goal of travel for your son should be his personal development. Is he getting better from the beginning of the season to the end? That's what this whole thing was always about. I've been in it for 10 years. You need to surround your son with the best players HE can reasonably play with, and have him play the best competition you can find. Sometimes you gain more individually, by playing really tough competition in game the team loses. The whole playing up thing. Why do you think teams in college play a tough out of conference schedule? Against teams they have little chance of beating?
Point is, judge your son's success by his personal development and growth. Is he getting better? Don't focus on how many wins the team has!
Older son was a B team kid. Team always played against better teams and didn't win too much. But it forced him to play at another level against that competition. He found speed and skill he didn't know he had. He grew as a player individually. When he went back to his town team he was a much better player. Has gone on to play at a great D3 school that made the NCAA tournament!!!
Trust me, this travel thing should always be about the individuals personal growth and development... Your son won't always get better chalking up W's against weak competition on the tale end of the bench. If he's a stud on top AA team, same thing, that kid needs to play against those double hold backs from MD, Pa, and Mass. It will make that kid better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are referring to the Gold 2023

No the select team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Head coach is awesome, he has passion for the kids but has his hands full. Management took anybody who wrote a check. I'm sure there are a lot who shouldn't be on the team and a lot who should not be on the Select either. It is sad to pay the same money as Select and you get half of what they get.

So that is two years in a row they did this with this team. The team was able to pick up a few players last year and was actually competitive. They needed to add a few pieces but parents did not feel like their concerns were being addressed so the all left. I feel bad for the coach because it's back to the beginning of last year again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually you're soooo wrong. Look, if you're in this for wins and you're kid is on a B team, that's a tough road. If they lose to all other B teams, I get the frustration. That being said, if you're in travel so your son might have the opportunity to play college ball someday, I assure you, you need to refocus. Parents, the goal of travel for your son should be his personal development. Is he getting better from the beginning of the season to the end? That's what this whole thing was always about. I've been in it for 10 years. You need to surround your son with the best players HE can reasonably play with, and have him play the best competition you can find. Sometimes you gain more individually, by playing really tough competition in game the team loses. The whole playing up thing. Why do you think teams in college play a tough out of conference schedule? Against teams they have little chance of beating?
Point is, judge your son's success by his personal development and growth. Is he getting better? Don't focus on how many wins the team has!
Older son was a B team kid. Team always played against better teams and didn't win too much. But it forced him to play at another level against that competition. He found speed and skill he didn't know he had. He grew as a player individually. When he went back to his town team he was a much better player. Has gone on to play at a great D3 school that made the NCAA tournament!!!
Trust me, this travel thing should always be about the individuals personal growth and development... Your son won't always get better chalking up W's against weak competition on the tale end of the bench. If he's a stud on top AA team, same thing, that kid needs to play against those double hold backs from MD, Pa, and Mass. It will make that kid better.

I agree with what you are saying my thing is as the players improve at some point so should their record or at least the margin they win or lose by. I don't care if my son loses every game by 1 or 2 goals as long as they compete because lets face it as a young kid losing will wear them down and they will lose the love for the game. My kid was on a team for 2 years and all they did was lose and it wore him down. He switched teams and won a tourney for the first time in 3 years and you should have seen the look on his face. He looked energized and has been itching to play again. To some degree the kids need to see and feel the results of their hard work. It is easy as parents to say grow as a player and so on but kids don't always see it that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with what you are saying my thing is as the players improve at some point so should their record or at least the margin they win or lose by. I don't care if my son loses every game by 1 or 2 goals as long as they compete because lets face it as a young kid losing will wear them down and they will lose the love for the game. My kid was on a team for 2 years and all they did was lose and it wore him down. He switched teams and won a tourney for the first time in 3 years and you should have seen the look on his face. He looked energized and has been itching to play again. To some degree the kids need to see and feel the results of their hard work. It is easy as parents to say grow as a player and so on but kids don't always see it that way.

That's on the club directors - they need to pick at least one tourney that is commensurate with the boys' ability, and can actually win. Considering that most clubs play at least 5+ spring/summer tourneys, that shouldn't take away from the overall ideal of pushing the boys by playing 'up' against better teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So that is two years in a row they did this with this team. The team was able to pick up a few players last year and was actually competitive. They needed to add a few pieces but parents did not feel like their concerns were being addressed so the all left. I feel bad for the coach because it's back to the beginning of last year again.

Concerns aren't being met again. If I was the owner I would concentrate on building team chemistry, only take players who can actually play instead of being a money grabber. The money will come if you build a competitive team, but its back to the same old story. The kids are neglected. The kids are disheartened and most likely will leave again. Not a good business model! It's too bad because the head coach is a great guy, knows the game, cares about the kids, and is stuck once again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Concerns aren't being met again. If I was the owner I would concentrate on building team chemistry, only take players who can actually play instead of being a money grabber. The money will come if you build a competitive team, but its back to the same old story. The kids are neglected. The kids are disheartened and most likely will leave again. Not a good business model! It's too bad because the head coach is a great guy, knows the game, cares about the kids, and is stuck once again

Well something needs to be fixed. The select team had 12 players leave and the Gold team had everyone but 4 players leave. That's a lot of turnover

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you a parent of the team that is making the comment? If so, and are unhappy, then leave. Nobody is making you stay with the team. From what I see, the coaches are great and I am sure it could be better if three coaches show up to every practice but it really isn't that critical in the fall and the team is small enough to be able to handle it. Head coach is extremely organized so nobody is sitting around doing nothing. Don't make general statements about the team without being able to back it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well something needs to be fixed. The select team had 12 players leave and the Gold team had everyone but 4 players leave. That's a lot of turnover

You can say that again, but I think it will fall on deaf ears. That's why my son and his friends left the "B" team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhh. This must be the parent that everyone was talking about. Hey, my kid is new to the team, but the sidelines are much better without your sour puss. Seriously. Get over yourself. This is 11 year old lacrosse. I do think that something was fixed. They let you walk on your own and the team is better for it. Go back to whichever team your kid is on now and preach there. This team does not need your negativity. It is better without you.

Sure. The team lost some quality kids, but who cares about you now. Get lost!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you a parent of the team that is making the comment? If so, and are unhappy, then leave. Nobody is making you stay with the team. From what I see, the coaches are great and I am sure it could be better if three coaches show up to every practice but it really isn't that critical in the fall and the team is small enough to be able to handle it. Head coach is extremely organized so nobody is sitting around doing nothing. Don't make general statements about the team without being able to back it up.

Leaving a team at this point is not really much of an option - if so, go to where? How much have been paid so far and how much will you get back if you leave? With that in mind, as a paying parent, I would want to insist that the situation be changed as much as possible to get the most for my money. IE, " . . .then leave" is not the answer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to agree - my son's team -2023- usually has 1 coach at each practice. sometimes the team is lucky and both show up[/quote]

Head coach is awesome, he has passion for the kids but has his hands full. Management took anybody who wrote a check. I'm sure there are a lot who shouldn't be on the team and a lot who should not be on the Select either. It is sad to pay the same money as Select and you get half of what they get. [/quote]

So that is two years in a row they did this with this team. The team was able to pick up a few players last year and was actually competitive. They needed to add a few pieces but parents did not feel like their concerns were being addressed so the all left. I feel bad for the coach because it's back to the beginning of last year again.[/quote]
Concerns aren't being met again. If I was the owner I would concentrate on building team chemistry, only take players who can actually play instead of being a money grabber. The money will come if you build a competitive team, but its back to the same old story. The kids are neglected. The kids are disheartened and most likely will leave again. Not a good business model! It's too bad because the head coach is a great guy, knows the game, cares about the kids, and is stuck once again [/quote]

Well something needs to be fixed. The select team had 12 players leave and the Gold team had everyone but 4 players leave. That's a lot of turnover [/quote]

Ahhh. This must be the parent that everyone was talking about. Hey, my kid is new to the team, but the sidelines are much better without your sour puss. Seriously. Get over yourself. This is 11 year old lacrosse. I do think that something was fixed. They let you walk on your own and the team is better for it. Go back to whichever team your kid is on now and preach there. This team does not need your negativity. It is better without you.

Sure. The team lost some quality kids, but who cares about you now. Get lost! [/quote]

I am not sure who you're talking about but, name another organization that had 30 players leave one age group. Most people would agree something is wrong there and it needs to be fixed. It's been said here multiple times one team is filled and the other takes anyone that comes down and pay

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it was fixed Select got rid of the annoying negative parents, and team is practicing and getting better. As far as Gold, I believe more than 4 kids stayed and again team is working and coach is very good. So keep complaining on here. If that's what makes you enjoy your short lived time on earth. Outlaws will exist with or without you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[I am not sure who you're talking about but, name another organization that had 30 players leave one age group. Most people would agree something is wrong there and it needs to be fixed. It's been said here multiple times one team is filled and the other takes anyone that comes down and pay[/quote]

Apparently, you suffer from a severe lack or intellect. Please, take your time, and read my original post. You can go slowly. Read every word. Sound out the big words or those that you don't understand. Use your index finger so that you don't lose your place. Read it out loud at first. Maybe, that will help. Good Luck.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard