BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 263 of 327 1 2 261 262 263 264 265 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Looks like tg has added some more commits. And to some top schools. Guess they don't suck as much as yj would like you to believe

No they still suck . Hofstra is top school for what ?

That type of comment shows what type of tool you are. Hope your daughter is not as arrogant a jackass as you! Not all YJ girls are going to top schools, some will not be recruited at all. With your comment, you are putting down some of your own teammates. Terrible parenting and youth role model you are! [/quote

Hey Moron , You are on the YJ section of the website posting about the pitifull TG commits , what did you expect . You must be an idiot if you think posting that was not to try and provoke an angry response or are you really that stupid . Do you not realize that when you are putting down YJ players who will not get recruited at all you are putting down some of your TG teammates , the very thing you are condemning you complete idiot. Go back to your TG area and discuss how Hempstead is really making a comeback as a tourist destination , you dope .
YJ parents go on every thread spewing there obnoxious garbage, so don't now play the victim. The organization and the parents are the epitome of arrogance and classlessness, the only redeaming part are the kids

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friends family and big payers stay on the A team. Unless their was a pre tryout weasel deal, newbies go to B or C teams regardless of whether they deserve to or not

Does it really matter what team your on? YJ will be stuck at that BS tourney (money grab) at Mitchell field while all the competitive teams are across the turnpike at the Hofstra tournament. If I was a Div 1 coach, where would I go to watch?

Maryland, certainly won't see anything worth driving for outside of Mitchell Field. "Competitive" that's a good one !

I believe you asked the question " where would I go to watch ?" I wasn't aware that coaches were watching 2023 & 2025 . I stand corrected.

You must be a fool. So you think a 2023 team playing a 2025 team is competitive? You are a dummy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looks like tg has added some more commits. And to some top schools. Guess they don't suck as much as yj would like you to believe

Not Hofstra. Dartmouth and Syracuse. 2019s [/quote

Top schools , Syracuse , very funny .

Cornell. Stony brook. Syracuse. Dartmouth
Syracuse is an excellent school with a great alumni network for internships and jobs. Not to mention top four lax school. Stony brook excellent academic school with top lax program close to home. What's wrong. Your daughter not in the top percent?

Princeton? Is something wrong with that too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That type of comment shows what type of tool you are. Hope your daughter is not as arrogant a jackass as you! Not all YJ girls are going to top schools, some will not be recruited at all. With your comment, you are putting down some of your own teammates. Terrible parenting and youth role model you are! [/quote

Hey Moron , You are on the YJ section of the website posting about the pitifull TG commits , what did you expect . You must be an idiot if you think posting that was not to try and provoke an angry response or are you really that stupid . Do you not realize that when you are putting down YJ players who will not get recruited at all you are putting down some of your TG teammates , the very thing you are condemning you complete idiot. Go back to your TG area and discuss how Hempstead is really making a comeback as a tourist destination , you dope .

Your the dope, assuming who I am! I was not the poster talking about the recent commits, I just commented on the jerky Hofstra response. Nothing wrong with Hofstra, I know plenty of people who went their and are now leading successful, comfortable lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These posts bashing any college other than IVY, Duke, Stanford, etc are ridiculous. You get out of college what you put in to it. I would sign up right now for my kids to play at Stony Brook, Albany, Hofstra, etc. to play a sport, get some money, and a quality education. I think this college bashing and elitism is ***** stupid. My kids aren't going to any of the elite colleges and I am confident they will be all right after. They might even have to go to Nassau CC and take a look at their options after that and I am ok with that. I know they are not the cream of the crop players or students, but they are pretty good on the field and classroom. Success doesn't start or end with the elite colleges there is a place for everyone. You are lucky if your kid is one of the 1%. Best of luck to you and your daughter but I am tied of hearing the bashing of schools. People sound like an elitist snob when I hear "it is only" Hofstra, Stony Brook, Elon.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These posts bashing any college other than IVY, Duke, Stanford, etc are ridiculous. You get out of college what you put in to it. I would sign up right now for my kids to play at Stony Brook, Albany, Hofstra, etc. to play a sport, get some money, and a quality education. I think this college bashing and elitism is ***** stupid. My kids aren't going to any of the elite colleges and I am confident they will be all right after. They might even have to go to Nassau CC and take a look at their options after that and I am ok with that. I know they are not the cream of the crop players or students, but they are pretty good on the field and classroom. Success doesn't start or end with the elite colleges there is a place for everyone. You are lucky if your kid is one of the 1%. Best of luck to you and your daughter but I am tied of hearing the bashing of schools. People sound like an elitist snob when I hear "it is only" Hofstra, Stony Brook, Elon.

Smart, hard-working and talented kids are now Elitist and Snobish. How about we celebrate all of the kids? Agree with you on that. But in order to do that we don't need to diminish other's accomplishments. You are right, it is a great accomplishment for kids to go play lax and get an education at Hofstra, Stony Brook or Elon. They will do well there and afterwards if they work hard and will get out of it what they put in. I think you will also agree that a kid going to one of the schools you first mentioned (Ivy, Duke Stanford etc.) has accomplished through high school a higher level of academic success and in some cases higher level of lax success. They likely worked harder and got out of it what they put in. It is what is. Does not mean they will automatically have a more successful career or a happier life. I have athletes and non-athletes as kids. They have had different levels of academic success and different levels of success with their extra curricular activities. It has shaped their options for college. I have three that have been through it and two more to go. I am proud of all of them and think (maybe hope) they will all find their path in life and make a positive contribution to society. I wish the same for your children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]These posts bashing any college other than IVY, Duke, Stanford, etc are ridiculous. You get out of college what you put in to it. I would sign up right now for my kids to play at Stony Brook, Albany, Hofstra, etc. to play a sport, get some money, and a quality education. I think this college bashing and elitism is ***** stupid. My kids aren't going to any of the elite colleges and I am confident they will be all right after. They might even have to go to Nassau CC and take a look at their options after that and I am ok with that. I know they are not the cream of the crop players or students, but they are pretty good on the field and classroom. Success doesn't start or end with the elite colleges there is a place for everyone. You are lucky if your kid is one of the 1%. Best of luck to you and your daughter but I am tied of hearing the bashing of schools. People sound like an elitist snob when I hear "it is only" Hofstra, Stony Brook, Elon.

Smart, hard-working and talented kids are now Elitist and Snobish. How about we celebrate all of the kids? Agree with you on that. But in order to do that we don't need to diminish other's accomplishments. You are right, it is a great accomplishment for kids to go play lax and get an education at Hofstra, Stony Brook or Elon. They will do well there and afterwards if they work hard and will get out of it what they put in. I think you will also agree that a kid going to one of the schools you first mentioned (Ivy, Duke Stanford etc.) has accomplished through high school a higher level of academic success and in some cases higher level of lax success. They likely worked harder and got out of it what they put in. It is what is. Does not mean they will automatically have a more successful career or a happier life. I have athletes and non-athletes as kids. They have had different levels of academic success and different levels of success with their extra curricular activities. It has shaped their options for college. I have three that have been through it and two more to go. I am proud of all of them and think (maybe hope) they will all find their path in life and make a positive contribution to society. I wish the same for your children. [/quote

I agree to some extent, there are some kids going to these schools with no business being there academically or athletically...connections and donations never hurt...there is a reason they ask if either parent attended the school. Notice how i said some not all, just like you guys cant say all the kids going to these schools are worthy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Smart, hard-working and talented kids are now Elitist and Snobbish."

I did not say that. By FAR the majority of the kids going to those schools are great kids and most of the parents are too. I am talking about the minority that come on a message board and look down and comment negatively on someone else's "smart, hard-working and talented kid" because they do not go to one of the elite schools... yes that is snobbish and elitist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smart, hard-working and talented kids are now Elitist and Snobish. How about we celebrate all of the kids? Agree with you on that. But in order to do that we don't need to diminish other's accomplishments. You are right, it is a great accomplishment for kids to go play lax and get an education at Hofstra, Stony Brook or Elon. They will do well there and afterwards if they work hard and will get out of it what they put in. I think you will also agree that a kid going to one of the schools you first mentioned (Ivy, Duke Stanford etc.) has accomplished through high school a higher level of academic success and in some cases higher level of lax success. They likely worked harder and got out of it what they put in. It is what is. Does not mean they will automatically have a more successful career or a happier life. I have athletes and non-athletes as kids. They have had different levels of academic success and different levels of success with their extra curricular activities. It has shaped their options for college. I have three that have been through it and two more to go. I am proud of all of them and think (maybe hope) they will all find their path in life and make a positive contribution to society. I wish the same for your children.

I agree with most of what you said, however saying they likely worked harder and got out of it what they put in may not always be the case. Not everyone has the same talent level to start.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are born with 80% of your talent, speed and determination. You can put some kids on the wall 24 hours a day and they still wont make it regardless of how much money dad throws at it.

And if you don't believe it then why are same kids usually the best in volleyball, soccer, basketball and lacrosse all the same kid?

Watch the bio's of the kids coming out. All conference in soccer, basketball lacrosse etc....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with most of what you said, however saying they likely worked harder and got out of it what they put in may not always be the case. Not everyone has the same talent level to start.

true. agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Smart, hard-working and talented kids are now Elitist and Snobbish."

I did not say that. By FAR the majority of the kids going to those schools are great kids and most of the parents are too. I am talking about the minority that come on a message board and look down and comment negatively on someone else's "smart, hard-working and talented kid" because they do not go to one of the elite schools... yes that is snobbish and elitist.

Ok. I agree w that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are born with 80% of your talent, speed and determination. You can put some kids on the wall 24 hours a day and they still wont make it regardless of how much money dad throws at it.

And if you don't believe it then why are same kids usually the best in volleyball, soccer, basketball and lacrosse all the same kid?

Watch the bio's of the kids coming out. All conference in soccer, basketball lacrosse etc....

It's also important to remember that some students work their asses off with tutors, extra help and studying weekends to get that 80-85 average. They take 4 or 5 SAT tests just to get that magic NCAA number to qualify to get any offer. Some come from socio economic challenges, some struggle with family illness, some don't meet the need for extra student services. I tell my daughter all the time everyone has a story, some are blessed with never needing anything and have wealth enough to attend any school they want but others are barely making ends meet. Nobody should PUT DOWN any school to athlete. I know quite a few girls who have played year round, attended camps and clinics and parents kissed major [lacrosse] but the athlete is just not college level material. Celebrate every student fortunate enough to play past high school, it's an experience like no other!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the coaches love these multi sport kids. Asked to choose between two kids for the same lacrosse spot on the team, if all else is equal, always going to take the multi sport kid. The kid dedicated solely to playing lax is likely much closer to their ceiling of ability. The multi sport kid likely has much more room for development. Kelly Amonte is famous for picking up pure athletes and pushing them to another level on the lax field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's also important to remember that some students work their asses off with tutors, extra help and studying weekends to get that 80-85 average. They take 4 or 5 SAT tests just to get that magic NCAA number to qualify to get any offer. Some come from socio economic challenges, some struggle with family illness, some don't meet the need for extra student services. I tell my daughter all the time everyone has a story, some are blessed with never needing anything and have wealth enough to attend any school they want but others are barely making ends meet. Nobody should PUT DOWN any school to athlete. I know quite a few girls who have played year round, attended camps and clinics and parents kissed major [lacrosse] but the athlete is just not college level material. Celebrate every student fortunate enough to play past high school, it's an experience like no other!

Spot on! Each of us has a different situation. Why knock where a child is attending college? Lame...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ parents go on every thread spewing there obnoxious garbage, so don't now play the victim. The organization and the parents are the epitome of arrogance and classlessness, the only redeaming part are the kids

go look at all the commits from classes of 2012/13/14 and see how many of those kids you can find in that schools lax roster, I think that you will be very surprised

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So in your opinion YJ has the same type parents as TG but better kids , at least that's something .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so true - 3 of the 8 girls in my daughter's class ( 2015) who went to play D1 not only quit the team but left the schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go onto a club website (boys or girls). you will see how few of the commits from currently eligible are still playing.
many opt to play the college club team if they have one. with few exceptions they have no real tryout (its a club you join) 1 game per week, minimal practice etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ has same type of parents but with more teeth and fewer tatoos

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We attended tryouts and have now received an invite to sign on for YJ fall tourneys.
Is this right, if we haven't even been told what team we made?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We attended tryouts and have now received an invite to sign on for YJ fall tourneys.

Everyone makes it no cut philosophy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes the YJ changed their mission statement a handful of years ago that always said it was the best of the best elite group with teams formed after cuts. Now it just says the are the best programs ie our top team is still really good but if you can carry a stick we will find a B, C or D team for you as long as the check clears. total money grab. And the fall tournaments, CR has her fingers in many of them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes the YJ changed their mission statement a handful of years ago that always said it was the best of the best elite group with teams formed after cuts. Now it just says the are the best programs ie our top team is still really good but if you can carry a stick we will find a B, C or D team for you as long as the check clears. total money grab. And the fall tournaments, CR has her fingers in many of them

It's called The YJ Way. In a nutshell, it's says thusly: Get the money first, place the talent second.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's called The YJ Way. In a nutshell, it's says thusly: Get the money first, place the talent second.

Wow did it take you long to come up with that one . In a nutshell " boring ".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey CR. I'm surprised you can read and understand the meaning of the word "thusly". You never cease to amaze us. You're one smart dude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at the 2014 YJ commitment list against the roster of their respective schools and over 80% are still on the roster now in their junior year. You are right. I am a bit surprised it is that high.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey CR. I'm surprised you can read and understand the meaning of the word "thusly". You never cease to amaze us. You're one smart dude.

What's sad is you think "thusly" is some obscure word . Your daughter would be so proud of her father for attacking a amens looks , hopefully she does not marry a women hating bully like you but odds are against her because of you .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone seen JS and the tiny team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone seen JS and the tiny team?

I think they were st Hofstra yesterday and beat TG 2020.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at the 2014 YJ commitment list against the roster of their respective schools and over 80% are still on the roster now in their junior year. You are right. I am a bit surprised it is that high.

You have an awful lot of time on your hands

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have an awful lot of time on your hands

He/she was being sarcastic - in response to somebody who said you would be surprised by how few girls were still on their college rosters.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
I'm guessing this is the best thread to discuss my ongoing "study" of the Long Island 2013 class and, as a class, where they stand today in regards to their lacrosse careers. This is the third year I have posted this.

USA Lacrosse has found that roughly 50% of all recruited players are playing the game of lacrosse by their senior year. Long Island players in 2013 were at 58% with 43% playing significant minutes in a game. The remaining 15% played some minutes in a limited role.

There was a huge movement of players who no longer play from sophomore to junior year, which is expected. Playing time, school work and possible injury without a red shirt figures into this number, which is 28%. It was 8% last year.

The remaining 14% were redshirt or injury reflected by little or no playing time.

These numbers will adjust downward by next year if trends continue. The overall number should still be greater than the 50% average, but that is also expected as Long Island has more quality players as compared with the lacrosse group as a whole nationwide.

Just a little food for thought for anyone going through the recruiting process in high school. There are so many non-lacrosse variables to think about and don't lose sight of that.

Just one more year of crunching numbers! Whew!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear
I'm guessing this is the best thread to discuss my ongoing "study" of the Long Island 2013 class and, as a class, where they stand today in regards to their lacrosse careers. This is the third year I have posted this.

USA Lacrosse has found that roughly 50% of all recruited players are playing the game of lacrosse by their senior year. Long Island players in 2013 were at 58% with 43% playing significant minutes in a game. The remaining 15% played some minutes in a limited role.

There was a huge movement of players who no longer play from sophomore to junior year, which is expected. Playing time, school work and possible injury without a red shirt figures into this number, which is 28%. It was 8% last year.

The remaining 14% were redshirt or injury reflected by little or no playing time.

These numbers will adjust downward by next year if trends continue. The overall number should still be greater than the 50% average, but that is also expected as Long Island has more quality players as compared with the lacrosse group as a whole nationwide.

Just a little food for thought for anyone going through the recruiting process in high school. There are so many non-lacrosse variables to think about and don't lose sight of that.

Thanks, Balbear. I enjoy reading your summaries.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting stats, thanks for sharing. Curious if he have seen any correlation to when an athlete commits ( earlier vs later)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love reading these interesting updates on players as they mature through college. I have a question as far as red shirt-does any injured player automatically get a red shirt? I know someone who did not play last year sussposedly as a result of minor surgery. His name is on roster for this year but does not state red shirt. Just curious how it works. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love reading these interesting updates on players as they mature through college. I have a question as far as red shirt-does any injured player automatically get a red shirt? I know someone who did not play last year sussposedly as a result of minor surgery. His name is on roster for this year but does not state red shirt. Just curious how it works. Thanks

Somebody else can probably give you specifics, but I know it depends on how much you played in the season you got hurt.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Somebody else can probably give you specifics, but I know it depends on how much you played in the season you got hurt.

Pretty sure if you see time in one game during season you may not redshirt. The answer is out there somewhere on the NCAA website.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Thanks, Balbear. I enjoy reading your summaries.

You are welcome!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Interesting stats, thanks for sharing. Curious if he have seen any correlation to when an athlete commits ( earlier vs later)?

Great question. Fact is there is really not enough "super early" recruits to get a good sample on. It's a fairly new phenomenon to really have enough of a sample size. The real question for early recruits is do they play for the school they initially committed to. I will be keeping track of playing time (I start again for class of 2017; LI and Maryland this time! Ugh!! But I love the women's game!) but most exceptional students recruited early do play the game; the question is where.

The real question is the early commitment valuable to the student and their growth as a young adult. When I read that a college coach is "OK" with a 50% success rate with an early recruit then I feel for the student (both sides of the 50/50 equation). The NCAA is very serious about later commitment years and it will be great for all concerned.

Like Reply Quote
Page 263 of 327 1 2 261 262 263 264 265 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard