BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,102
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 86 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened in the 2020 scrimmage with NL yesterday/

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Madlax Capital 2020 got a beat down by NL2020. Wasn't even close to the final score NL 12- ML 3. Madlax will be in for a real shocker when the play in the NLF next weekend. Madlax must have lost some key players as they were at least competitive last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax Capital 2020 got a beat down by NL2020. Wasn't even close to the final score NL 12- ML 3. Madlax will be in for a real shocker when the play in the NLF next weekend. Madlax must have lost some key players as they were at least competitive last year.

Hello tell me again how much of a shock they will have playing in front of all the college coaches. They are 14 and 15 years old you really think they will care if they lost 1 or 3 games on a fall Sunday. And tell me again how the Maryland coach who will be there to see my son play care about the score of the games. He plays D pole the worse they are doing the better and more shots he has to be seen play well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello tell me again how much of a shock they will have playing in front of all the college coaches. They are 14 and 15 years old you really think they will care if they lost 1 or 3 games on a fall Sunday. And tell me again how the Maryland coach who will be there to see my son play care about the score of the games. He plays D pole the worse they are doing the better and more shots he has to be seen play well.

When you're team stinks and the score is 10-0 against stronger teams than NL I'm sure your D-pole boy will impress the college coaches. Guess its better than being on attack and not seeing the ball. NLF does have some strong teams that will smoke Madlax. Losing 1 or 3 games on Sundays is more like an indication on how prepared a team will be to compete in a tournament that claims to have the top 12 2020 teams in the country. If Sunday was a trial run I don't think anyone was impressed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ouch. I thought the Episcopal holdbacks were supposed to be an upgrade for the 2020 team? Maybe they'll let last season's MVP back on Capital to stop the bleeding???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And please observe the quality of the tournaments the top and bottom teams are attending because the bottom team will be playing in tournaments with other clubs top teams.

Top tournaments? You mean like Halloween Havoc? LOL.

The quality of tournaments Madlax enters its second team in are more then on Par with these lower level want a be clubs top teams. You can find other things to bash this club but as a whole you can not bash the level of play they afford the teams to play in. The plat form they place the top teams is clearly elite. The second teams are also placed in tournaments that are prefect for them. The high school second teams will be playing in front of 90 to 120 college coaches after the their three tournaments are over. Can any of the B or C level clubs in NOVA say this.

That wasn't the point. The previous guy - the Madlax apologist - was saying that Madlax's B teams were in TOP TIER tournaments. I guess he is living in a fantasy world if he thinks Halloween Havoc (wherever that was played) is a top tournament.

LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And please observe the quality of the tournaments the top and bottom teams are attending because the bottom team will be playing in tournaments with other clubs top teams.

The quality of tournaments Madlax enters its second team in are more then on Par with these lower level want a be clubs top teams. You can find other things to bash this club but as a whole you can not bash the level of play they afford the teams to play in. The plat form they place the top teams is clearly elite. The second teams are also placed in tournaments that are prefect for them. The high school second teams will be playing in front of 90 to 120 college coaches after the their three tournaments are over. Can any of the B or C level clubs in NOVA say this.

That wasn't the point. The previous guy - the Madlax apologist - was saying that Madlax's B teams were in TOP TIER tournaments. I guess he is living in a fantasy world if he thinks Halloween Havoc (wherever that was played) is a top tournament.

LOL.

Fact check: Halloween Havoc tourny is at Six Flags

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

The point is Madlax second teams play in the same or way better tournaments then other clubs that call them selves A level clubs. This is a fact if you want to take the time to prove me wrong pick 10 DMV clubs and put all 10 of these clubs fall or summer tournament schedules in one place. Then add Madlaxs top team and second teams list to the list of 10 other clubs. Do not put the name of the club with the list of each teams tournaments. Then rank the lists of tournaments and I bet the Madlax second teams list will not be 12th It would be somewhere between 8 and 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

The point is Madlax second teams play in the same or way better tournaments then other clubs that call them selves A level clubs. This is a fact if you want to take the time to prove me wrong pick 10 DMV clubs and put all 10 of these clubs fall or summer tournament schedules in one place. Then add Madlaxs top team and second teams list to the list of 10 other clubs. Do not put the name of the club with the list of each teams tournaments. Then rank the lists of tournaments and I bet the Madlax second teams list will not be 12th It would be somewhere between 8 and 10.

I will do no such thing. Because I check this board every few days during my lunch hour, and have no time to look at every single boys lacrosse club.

If you don't have a problem putting money in that guy's pockets, that's your decision. Stop telling people what to do with their dollars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

I will do no such thing. Because I check this board every few days during my lunch hour, and have no time to look at every single boys lacrosse club.

If you don't have a problem putting money in that guy's pockets, that's your decision. Stop telling people what to do with their dollars.

Does everyone see the irony of him telling people where not to spend their money and him saying I tell people where to spend their money? And if you have not check the other clubs your Opinion is coming from a uneducated place correct?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax went 5-8-2 at some tournament called Halloween Havoc. Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their B teams stink - nobody is denying that.

But there are also parents from other clubs bragging about how well their "A" teams did at Halloween Havoc.

So the point is, Madlax B teams play in the same tournaments as A teams from lesser clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you be any more condescending? You clearly took the time to research the tournament and add up the results. No, MadLax did not perform well, but did it ever occur to you that some teams have so many multi-sport athletes that playing Saturday tournaments are out of the question and teams are left with whatever is offered on Sundays?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL.

And since you are LOL you think you are the lacrosse expert of 2022's? I seriously doubt it buddy boy. Where in the [lacrosse] do you get off knocking other teams and tournaments. Oh, I know, you feel like the top guru of lacrosse. Nope, I don't think so. There are kids that play in different divisions for various reasons, so what gives you the right to mock and belittle them or the tournaments they play in. Now, show some guts and post your name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax's 2024 team played up in 2023 bracket, went 4-0 and won tourney. Can't speak for all the clubs, but there were some good teams there. Regarding the tournament itself, well ran and there was a haunted maze and other activities for the kids after the tournament ended which the younger kids enjoyed. I think it was a good first-fall event to get kids back into lacrosse in a "fun for the family" environment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax's 2024 team played up in 2023 bracket, went 4-0 and won tourney. Can't speak for all the clubs, but there were some good teams there. Regarding the tournament itself, well ran and there was a haunted maze and other activities for the kids after the tournament ended which the younger kids enjoyed. I think it was a good first-fall event to get kids back into lacrosse in a "fun for the family" environment.

Great location, nice fields, good refs, no craziness. It was an enjoyable day to be outside watching the boys play. No need to apologize for anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesus. I'm not even a Madlax parent, but does anyone really give a flying $%$# what 10, 11 or 12 year old KIDS did at a tournament?!?!? Get a damn grip on your life.

It's amazing how many parents are so invested in their kids lacrosse success, but fail to see the bigger picture. 12.6 scholarships. 12.6. Do the math ...

These kids are probably more concerned about training a damn Pokemon then they are about being "elite, AAAAAAA+++ players". That is something the parents and THEIR egos focus on though, since they're stroking the check.

If your 10 year old wins a bunch of tournaments, congrats. Nobody else cares. They're 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax state teams = BW, VLC

Madlax Capital teams are best in DMV,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ouch. I thought the Episcopal holdbacks were supposed to be an upgrade for the 2020 team? Maybe they'll let last season's MVP back on Capital to stop the bleeding???
Several were at a prospect day so missed the scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand you can not put names but try to be a little more specific with who was missing and a real number of how many. This will help you argument.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same result, different Madlax excuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they were at Duke prospect camp were they?

Same lame excuse can be made for EVERY team playing in the Fall. They were at prospect days. They're playing football. Blah blah blah.

Your team got manhandled. Just deal with it and move on vs. making poor excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same lame excuse can be made for EVERY team playing in the Fall. They were at prospect days. They're playing football. Blah blah blah.

Your team got manhandled. Just deal with it and move on vs. making poor excuses.

Well if it is true its true. It was a scrimmage. This is about the kids future correct. NL 2020 is a good team but have any of them Verbaled to D1 school yet? These are high school kids that is the true end game with this level of travel lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebody asked about the kids who were supposed to be an upgrade. They were not there, that's all, no excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Next Level when you have one kid from your club sign with a D1 school please let us know. The 2019 squad is still at 0 and the 2020 team is at 0. You can have the Sunday fall scrimmage wins all you want but if you want your son to play D1 lacrosse you might want to switch to a real club this week so you have time to get it done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody's a little raw this morning. Losing sucks, people with character suck it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But there are also parents from other clubs bragging about how well their "A" teams did at Halloween Havoc.

So the point is, Madlax B teams play in the same tournaments as A teams from lesser clubs

I did see a club bragging about doing well at Halloween Havoc (RR maybe?) But I was shocked to see that Madlax is ALSO bragging about their performance at Halloween Havoc.

Forget their overall losing record at a tournament I've never heard. Are they really bragging about how they did at a tournament called Halloween Havoc?

Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did see a club bragging about doing well at Halloween Havoc (RR maybe?) But I was shocked to see that Madlax is ALSO bragging about their performance at Halloween Havoc.

Forget their overall losing record at a tournament I've never heard. Are they really bragging about how they did at a tournament called Halloween Havoc?

Wow.

Wow, are you saying that just because YOU never heard of a tournament (Halloween Havoc) that it is meaningless? You really need to get a life and broaden your perspective, if that is possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow.

Maybe they should name the tournament after you
"donkey d bag (your name here)elites"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ugly poster on here sure does know local lacrosse at all levels, or at least enough to put down everyone and everything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep that Madlax guy tries to shame people to leave their current club by dissing certain tourneys. He wants the Madlax B teams to improve, so he has an agenda.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the idea of having other threads for the other DMV clubs like Blackwolf and VLC, or even other MD Clubs besides Looney's and Crabs?

Frankly, I'm tired of reading the same retread of Madlax stories and would rather discuss other clubs ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the idea of having other threads for the other DMV clubs like Blackwolf and VLC, or even other MD Clubs besides Looney's and Crabs?

Frankly, I'm tired of reading the same retread of Madlax stories and would rather discuss other clubs ....

Signed,
Madlax Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow.

Maybe they should name the tournament after you
"donkey d bag (your name here)elites"

You're actually defending that tournament? Sorry you are forced to play in something like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Next Level when you have one kid from your club sign with a D1 school please let us know. The 2019 squad is still at 0 and the 2020 team is at 0. You can have the Sunday fall scrimmage wins all you want but if you want your son to play D1 lacrosse you might want to switch to a real club this week so you have time to get it done.

Guess Madlax Capital 2020 is getting really tired of losing to a no name club like Next Level while claiming to be the DMV's elite home of club lacrosse. Why would a NL2020 kid switch to a bad team like Madlax Capital 2020 and have to endure the coach? NL2020 has the best 2020 players from Prep/Landon/Gonzaga/SA. The other top 2020's are on Crabs. Same is true for the top 2021 players on BLC. Unfortunately for you/Madlax the best players didn't collect together on the 2020 or 2021 Madlax teams. Just because commitments haven't been announced/accepted doesn't mean they aren't/haven't happened. Hello Madlax homer, you're gonna need more patience for the tournament losses, Sunday losses, etc. But upside is I'm sure the D1 commits will come because you play for Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if it is true its true. It was a scrimmage. This is about the kids future correct. NL 2020 is a good team but have any of them Verbaled to D1 school yet? These are high school kids that is the true end game with this level of travel lacrosse.

Here's a fact. Madlax 2020 has never beaten NL2020, ever. NL2020 has far better players and the D1 commits will be much greater than Madlax 2020 over the next year/2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess Madlax Capital 2020 is getting really tired of losing to a no name club like Next Level while claiming to be the DMV's elite home of club lacrosse. Why would a NL2020 kid switch to a bad team like Madlax Capital 2020 and have to endure the coach? NL2020 has the best 2020 players from Prep/Landon/Gonzaga/SA. The other top 2020's are on Crabs. Same is true for the top 2021 players on BLC. Unfortunately for you/Madlax the best players didn't collect together on the 2020 or 2021 Madlax teams. Just because commitments haven't been announced/accepted doesn't mean they aren't/haven't happened. Hello Madlax homer, you're gonna need more patience for the tournament losses, Sunday losses, etc. But upside is I'm sure the D1 commits will come because you play for Madlax.
Oh, NL has secret verbals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep that Madlax guy tries to shame people to leave their current club by dissing certain tourneys. He wants the Madlax B teams to improve, so he has an agenda.

Or Trig is back!! Who are the next victims?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, NL has secret verbals.[/quote] I'd argue that kids that are in the process and going on visits are really the same thing as those that are verbals. The kids just haven't made a choice yet. Let's face it, if you are really hoping for say Notre Dame or UVA but you could verbal to a variety of other schools you are playing at the same level as those that have committed, you are just choosing not to make a verbal commitment. So a list of verbals might not tell you as much about a club as a list of players that are actively participating in the recruitment process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, NL has secret verbals.
I'd argue that kids that are in the process and going on visits are really the same thing as those that are verbals. The kids just haven't made a choice yet. Let's face it, if you are really hoping for say Notre Dame or UVA but you could verbal to a variety of other schools you are playing at the same level as those that have committed, you are just choosing not to make a verbal commitment. So a list of verbals might not tell you as much about a club as a list of players that are actively participating in the recruitment process. [/quote]
If a kid is holding out for a better school then he is not on the top of that schools list. And if you are implying that the early verbals are not picking their top schools this seems unlikely. The best players get picked first this is a fact. If a kid is a top player he will be calling the shots. There is nothing wrong with waiting for a certain school to notice you but to imply these kids are top players is not true. If you are a top player and you want to got to ND or UVA then you could or would Verbal today. If you do not have this option yet you are not the top of the top.

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 86 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard