BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: True Blue Boys 2013 Team Tryouts - September 22nd/23rd, 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you sign up for try outs? I don't see any information and registering on the website.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do you sign up for try outs? I don't see any information and registering on the website.
Contact Chris Roberts directly at this point - please see his contact information at the start of this thread.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The following coaches have been named for the True Blue teams for the 2013 season.

2-3rd Grade - Coach Cook, Coach Tucker
4th Grade - Coach Morrow, Coach Cook
5th Grade - Coach Engelke, Coach Engelke
6th Grade - Coach Cook, Coach Weiberg
6th Grade - Coach Hubscmidtt, Coach Cody
7th Grade - Coach Pescitelli
8th Grade - Coach Catalanotti, Coach Susko
8th Grade - Coach Murphy, Coach Kyrkostas
9th Grade - Coach Catalanotti, Coach Susko
9th Grade - Coach Palazzo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 3 boys that have played, or are playing on summer teams.
I would rather have someone who has the incentive to put the time in to coach their team properly with their kid on it, than have an outside coach who is only there because he is getting paid. As long as the coach isn't the proverbial frustrated athlete, that is living thru their kid.
Look at the 91 teams that did well last year, all or most of them had a dad as the head or asst. coach.

Amen. So often these coaches are enthusiasts since their youth, which may well contribute to their kids success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So True Blue wants lasts years players to bring their practice pinnies to wear at tryouts! Really why don't you just skip tryouts all together they seem like they are going to be really fair.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not what they are doing. They only had three teams last year. They now have a bunch more, and have had a tremendous surge of kids wanting to try out.
So asking kids to bring their practice jersey from last year, will make them have a better chance to make the team? If the coach thinks a player should make the team that was with him last year, do you think it matters what jersey they have?
Epitome of ignorance.
Your looking for excuses why your kid won't make a team or from another group looking to hate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So True Blue wants lasts years players to bring their practice pinnies to wear at tryouts! Really why don't you just skip tryouts all together they seem like they are going to be really fair.

Wow. I am from another "big" club, but must still point out the strange bitterness evident by this person. Do you even think that a new pinnie # can possibly veil the identity of a "stand out" player? Players retain their spots in all clubs. We ? they do not deny. Part of the magic in this sport happens as kids become instantly familiar with their teammates tactics on field. "Flow" is created.
All clubs retain a core group, and tweak it yearly. They ALL lose a few, and yes, DROP a few as necessary. It DOES hurt the feelings of a player, but it seems that it may hurt the PARENTS more. We may also consider the concern of the "TOP" kid here. If he/ she has made it to the top tier of a club, it may be the responsibility of the club to craft the roster as efficiently as possible, for a successful end result.
Most would not argue that SOME positions have been filled undeservedly, but we need to consider all sides of the situation. It is an evolutionary process. Sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids does true blue take per team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds great
Kids already locked in ?
I hope they scrap that idea and make it fair for,all the kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See intolerable whining below.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 3 boys that have played, or are playing on summer teams.
I would rather have someone who has the incentive to put the time in to coach their team properly with their kid on it, than have an outside coach who is only there because he is getting paid. As long as the coach isn't the proverbial frustrated athlete, that is living thru their kid.
Look at the 91 teams that did well last year, all or most of them had a dad as the head or asst. coach.

OH, does the science of genetics really exist?

Amen. So often these coaches are enthusiasts since their youth, which may well contribute to their kids success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go back on to your 91 or express thread and stir the pot there !!! Your crybaby comments suggest that you are bored and have nothing better to do than stir up s##t. Enough with you.....be gone !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the true blue tryouts today.It was the best most organized tryout my son has been involved with.I overheard some staff members discussing the overwhelming last minute registration that caused a shortage of pinnies.We were nervous about how they were able to evaluate so many kids.They broke the kids into small groups and everybody around us were very happy.My son sure hopes he makes the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told they had one field for over hundred kids, it was a mess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
were you there at the tryouts or were you to afraid to show your face so you had some innocent parent be your eyes. Be a man and tell us who you are and what program you are from.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
were you there at the tryouts or were you to afraid to show your face so you had some innocent parent be your eyes. Be a man and tell us who you are and what program you are from.
Question : Was there a field space issue? That can happen with a surge on last minute registrations as has been largely reported and observed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was an average of 15-20 kids that walked up for each age group.
The guys running the tryouts made necessary adjustments and things ran very smoothly. There was never a time where you had a bunch of kids sitting around. There was over 6 stations that had less than 12 kids and they were exhausted not bored from getting so much running time. My kid and all the others got to show off what they can do and all we can do is just wait for the results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Field space was not an issue and last year's True Blue players should have preference. They helped create the reputation and the 2017 team was outstanding. Hoping it stays intact!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
There was an average of 15-20 kids that walked up for each age group. The guys running the tryouts made necessary adjustments and things ran very smoothly. There was never a time where you had a bunch of kids sitting around. There was over 6 stations that had less than 12 kids and they were exhausted not bored from getting so much running time. My kid and all the others got to show off what they can do and all we can do is just wait for the results.
Excellent confirmation and details - thank you for the contribution.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Field space was not an issue and last year's True Blue players should have preference. They helped create the reputation and the 2017 team was outstanding. Hoping it stays intact!
Last year's True Blue program helped to move forward the reputation of Long Island Lacrosse in the region as BOTC has heard from several upstate and New Jersey clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Preference"?! really - it is a tryout all positions should be open if not it should have been noted. take the best kids availble (best means talent and attitude of both child and parent).

Noone is new to the game older than 2018

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was an average of 15-20 kids that walked up for each age group.
The guys running the tryouts made necessary adjustments and things ran very smoothly. There was never a time where you had a bunch of kids sitting around. There was over 6 stations that had less than 12 kids and they were exhausted not bored from getting so much running time. My kid and all the others got to show off what they can do and all we can do is just wait for the results.

which age groups do you speak of. The one I was at was run the best I have seen this year. (each participant not intimidated by LY palyers)

Multiple Stations with the ability of evaluators to look at individual and group skills. There were about 2/4 evaluators per station.

The breaks were spaced out so you could see who was driven to be their best and to see you didnt have it in them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, you just wont give up, I personally have spoken to Coaches from all the major programs and they will all state the same fact. No team will ever just replace everyone. When teams have tryouts, they are looking to fill the positions that have the lightest talent. All kids have a fair shake, if one is better trhan the other,, I assure you the kid will be picked.
I have been told numerous times from True Blue that no kids are safe, all positions are open, but kids must be better than the existing players to make the squad.

TB is turning out to big a big program that has to adopt the philosophies of the other programs and pick the best kids. That is why this is a fair tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, you just wont give up, I personally have spoken to Coaches from all the major programs and they will all state the same fact. No team will ever just replace everyone. When teams have tryouts, they are looking to fill the positions that have the lightest talent. All kids have a fair shake, if one is better trhan the other,, I assure you the kid will be picked.
I have been told numerous times from True Blue that no kids are safe, all positions are open, but kids must be better than the existing players to make the squad.

TB is turning out to big a big program that has to adopt the philosophies of the other programs and pick the best kids. That is why this is a fair tryout

Um.....you wanna buy a bridge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB did a nice job with the try outs and the amount of kids who showed up. I heard there was some kind of conflict with other field and they couldn't use it.

Lots of quality kids trying out and helmets from the bigger clubs on the island. I counted at least eight kids from one of them them. They were all quality players. Dont know what they are doing over there but somethings going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least the bridge I am buying is less than the one that you bought from your team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there also. There was one express helmet and one 91 helmet, the talent was average at best. You have no clue about what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many express and 91 helmets could have been there? These kids were in 1st - 4th grade last year!! Most never played club before!! TB has something unique....something that most wish they could have!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there also. There was one express helmet and one 91 helmet, the talent was average at best. You have no clue about what you are talking about.

What age group ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't mention a grade or what team helmets the kids were wearing. . How do know what one I was at? There was more than one on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a group of very athletic kids at the 5th grade tryout tonight. I brought my kid to tryout at midfield. Wrong spot to tryout for, there were a bunch of excellent kids at that position.
Overheard parents talking that the top kids from Wantagh, Massapequa and a north shore town were there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't mention a grade or what team helmets the kids were wearing. . How do know what one I was at? There was more than one on Saturday.

Chill dude ! Sounded like you were really observing the tryout which would've meant you knew what grade was trying out. Guess not, just another disgruntled parent because your kid can't play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chill dude ! Sounded like you were really observing the tryout which would've meant you knew what grade was trying out. Guess not, just another disgruntled parent because your kid can't play.

LOL. Not disgruntled at all. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Good luck to all the boys. Sounds like the TB evaluators got their work cut out for them this year in quite a few age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. I am from another "big" club, but must still point out the strange bitterness evident by this person. Do you even think that a new pinnie # can possibly veil the identity of a "stand out" player? Players retain their spots in all clubs. We ? they do not deny. Part of the magic in this sport happens as kids become instantly familiar with their teammates tactics on field. "Flow" is created.
All clubs retain a core group, and tweak it yearly. They ALL lose a few, and yes, DROP a few as necessary. It DOES hurt the feelings of a player, but it seems that it may hurt the PARENTS more. We may also consider the concern of the "TOP" kid here. If he/ she has made it to the top tier of a club, it may be the responsibility of the club to craft the roster as efficiently as possible, for a successful end result.
Most would not argue that SOME positions have been filled undeservedly, but we need to consider all sides of the situation. It is an evolutionary process. Sorry.

Not bitter at all. I don't think a new pinnie could mask real talent...all the more reason to give all kids a new pinnie. If your top guy is really tops he will have no problem making it if he is number 20 or number 641. I thought about bringing my son to TB tryouts that is how I got the email I decided to go another direction even before tryouts took place. I think when you are charging parents to come bring their kids for you to look at them when you are only looking to pick 5 kids out of 100 at least try to give the illusion that the process is fair...we all know it isn't and that politics, favorites, favors and loyalty will win in the end....but we like still like those brief moments where we think tryouts are just based on TALENT and anonymous numbers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At TB 2021 tryout some pretty good talent there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they are adding another team for my son's grade so there shouldn't be too many hard feelings. Overall, the staff did a very good job with the number of kids who showed and the space they had to work within. I can understand that players and parent from last year may have felt overwhelmed with the number of kids who showed up, especially if they weren't going to add a team. But, this is the way travel teams work from all sports work. New players get added and players leave every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, if you know what happened you may take a different look at things. An email went out that said due to the larger than expected response, would last years players bring their practice pinnies. They wanted to do their best to make sure each player had a pinnie on, old or new. That is the word from a director on scene, I was there, not some guess work from the peanut gallery.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well when a program has something that everyone wants you can't help but to have a great response. My kid was at the True Blue tryouts on Saturday and kids did have their old practice pinnies and kids had the new ones...we were not on a team last year. All I can say is that there were about 15 evaluators. Haven't seen that at
most other tryouts. Old player or new player all the kids got more than a fair share of looks. TB is adding teams in a lot of age groups. The teams seemed to be pretty solid last year let's just hope our kids are good enough to make it. I would love my son to be part of this organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great day of Football Sunday which followed up a good morning of tryout lacrosse.

I was at the 2019 try out. Great organization with the time and space given. I could not believe the amount of boys. About 100 give or take. Shows within this age group there are still some really goods players out there. Only critique you couldnt read numbers from the fence, but with 2 or 3 evaluators at each station and 3 to 5 during the scrimmages, it was well run.

There were 2 tall defenders that stood out during the drils portion of the tryout. Seemed like they called them over a few times to ask there number names. Their size made you keep your eyes on them. There were 3 others that seemed to grab your attention during the scrimmage portion. One had Express helmet another orange undershirt. They were not on the fence side.

There were 2 attacks that stood out. They played together in the scrimmages on the fence side. Again couldnt read the #'s on their backs from 10 feet away. One tall/thin one short/thick. Seemed like evaluators knew the tall boy think he had a TB helmet very good player, shorter player was also fun to watch he had a yellow shirt on and a helmet with a maroon & orange # on the side. Whenever i turned to watch these 2 boys they always seemed to have the ball. Saw the evaluators move them to middie towards the end and were just as good. I only noticed one lefty but I was not sure if he was a middie or attack.

Two very good middies with 91 helmets stood out. A white one and a blue one. Both seemed like solid physical players. Couldnt help but see what they would do next. There were also two other good middies that played against each other one had highlighter shorts Express helmet. Those shorts kept me looking, he played very well during stations and called to my attention the other middie who played against him. The highlighter shorts kept me looking. During scrimmages they were fun to watch. 4 others that rounded out a good mix of middies.

2 solid goalies and with some training seem to be on the rise. jesters helmet, and I think TB helmet.

Maybe I noticed some of these players because of their clothes helmet. Highlighter, yellow, orange, 91, express, Houston oilers logo, or that one with the # on the side.
So I guess it works to wear a bright color or program helmet to get your kid noticed. But those boys were good and with 100 something kids something has got to set you apart.

Plenty of others you couldnt seperate from the pack. Should be a good season. But I am not an evaluator so it is only worth the time you wasted reading this.

PS I dont think the pinny thing came into play, but you will only see that when the selection is made.

Enjoy MNF

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard