BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 44 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first 2021 commits to Navy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The first 2021 commits to Navy.

9 years old and headed to Parris Island. grin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall lacrosse in Hagerstown. That's a new concept. Good group of teams playing this weekend. Can't wait to watch some ball the next three weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Uh last I checked if a 8th grader is 14 and a 9th grader is 15 and a 10th grader is 26 and an 11th grader is 17 that would make a senior in high school 18. That guy is right, you are a mess. [/quote

Again you prove to be ignorant , if a kid is 14 now and in 8th grade they have either been held back or left back if they go to school on Long Island you dope .

You know, you have been wrong in every statement you have made. This is yet another example. Do the math you clown.

Could you make it any easier to prove that you are a moron , cut off in NYS is December 1. Because you are such a simpleton I will spell it out for you , any kid who is currently 14 and is in 8th grade on Long Island is a hold back. I would abuse you some more but its just sad, maybe you and the dope with the fictitious kid who was a USNA graduate can get together and come on here with a legitimate reason a kid should commit to 9 years of service other than they can back out.

How about: because her spot at USNA is now reserved for her. If she waited until her junior year to make up her mind, maybe all of the spots would already have been taken by then. The lax coach only has so many spots to offer, right?

If you're so smart, why couldn't you think of this obvious reason?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something tells me that everyone has said there peace on this topic. Can I suggest you all move on with your life as this decision will not effect you in anyway throughout your life.

Good healthy debate is productive. This is not.

Burrito talk. Let's talk burritos. All the cool forums are doing it.

Larry might want to start charging the Burrito Bowl company a marketing fee....we are giving that place alot of pub. I recommend the steak !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree some good teams headed to that tourney. Good lax.... better haunted house and corn maze. It is Hagerstown.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Something tells me that everyone has said there peace on this topic. Can I suggest you all move on with your life as this decision will not effect you in anyway throughout your life.

Good healthy debate is productive. This is not.

Burrito talk. Let's talk burritos. All the cool forums are doing it.

Larry might want to start charging the Burrito Bowl company a marketing fee....we are giving that place alot of pub. I recommend the steak !

lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make sure to hit up the Krumpe's donuts shop on Friday night. Best donuts in the world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anyone explain, do certain teams play the same tourney each year? Notice that M&D, Hero's YJ, etc all play the same tourneys. Seems like they play each other week in and week out. are these tourneys by invite only?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Uh last I checked if a 8th grader is 14 and a 9th grader is 15 and a 10th grader is 26 and an 11th grader is 17 that would make a senior in high school 18. That guy is right, you are a mess. [/quote

Again you prove to be ignorant , if a kid is 14 now and in 8th grade they have either been held back or left back if they go to school on Long Island you dope .

You know, you have been wrong in every statement you have made. This is yet another example. Do the math you clown.

Could you make it any easier to prove that you are a moron , cut off in NYS is December 1. Because you are such a simpleton I will spell it out for you , any kid who is currently 14 and is in 8th grade on Long Island is a hold back. I would abuse you some more but its just sad, maybe you and the dope with the fictitious kid who was a USNA graduate can get together and come on here with a legitimate reason a kid should commit to 9 years of service other than they can back out.

How about: because her spot at USNA is now reserved for her. If she waited until her junior year to make up her mind, maybe all of the spots would already have been taken by then. The lax coach only has so many spots to offer, right?

And on the flip side, the coach wanted to land the player. The early recruiting is driven by the coaches, not the players. Coach didn't want to lose out on landing a player, it is a commitment made on both sides. For the last many years I have been familiar with all the first and early commits, some leave you scratching your head. Not in this case. She is a great player, great student and great person. I am sure she will go on to achieve great things on and off the field!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And she just put down her Barbie last year.....certainly fully capable of making a decision that amounts to 9 years of her life (4 years at USNA + 5 year commitment (possibly deployed in Libya cleaning up HRC mess)).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now the reason to commit at 13 to 9 years of service is beat the mad rush.If the kid is as good as I believe she is they would want her when she is 16 so your point is just nonsense. The only reason is parents EGO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And she just put down her Barbie last year.....certainly fully capable of making a decision that amounts to 9 years of her life (4 years at USNA + 5 year commitment (possibly deployed in Libya cleaning up HRC mess)).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anyone explain, do certain teams play the same tourney each year? Notice that M&D, Hero's YJ, etc all play the same tourneys. Seems like they play each other week in and week out. are these tourneys by invite only?

There are a couple that are invite only, but for the most part, the good clubs go to the same tournaments because there is better competition and as they get older, it is where the most college coaches are. If your club isn't going to the tournaments where these teams are, you should be asking your club directors why not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Navy had 20 commits in 2016 and 19 commits in 2017...lot of spots there...kinda shoots down that theory mr obvious...plus the fact a lot of kids aren't cut out for navy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, my kid graduated from USNA three years ago so I am nothing more than a surrogate speaking on behalf of whomever the parents of this young lady are.

As for you, what you lack in new material and meaningful insight, you more than make up for in your relentlessness.

Like I said, I can educate you and make you less ignorant, but I cannot do anything about willful ignorance.

I hope others have benefitted from the information above.

Good luck to you, your family, and your daughter.

Thanks professor for the education. Your information summarized as follows, its okay for a 10-13 year old to verbally commit to a service academy because their word means nothing and they can back out whenever they want. Got it ,thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now the reason to commit at 13 to 9 years of service is beat the mad rush.If the kid is as good as I believe she is they would want her when she is 16 so your point is just nonsense. The only reason is parents EGO.

The only ego at play here is the ego of the parent whose child isn't getting attention from coaches yet. It takes a massive ego to think that you, and only you, know what's best for someone else's child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Navy had 20 commits in 2016 and 19 commits in 2017...lot of spots there...kinda shoots down that theory mr obvious...plus the fact a lot of kids aren't cut out for navy.

Sorry, but no. You would need to know when the commitments were made, wouldn't you? You would if you understood logic.

Bottom line - you are the one with the massive ego to think that you know what's best for other people's children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, but no. You would need to know when the commitments were made, wouldn't you? You would if you understood logic.

Bottom line - you are the one with the massive ego to think that you know what's best for other people's children.

Its a forum, people have different opinions. Most people on this forum could care less about this kid, just posting their opinions. Yeah 20 kids committed in 8th grade for the 2016s, they had to hurry so they didnt lose their spot...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only ego at play here is the ego of the parent whose child isn't getting attention from coaches yet. It takes a massive ego to think that you, and only you, know what's best for someone else's child.

I know smoking cigarettes is not good for anyone's 13 year old , does that mean I am an egomaniac. Anyone that thinks having kids commit to service academies at 13 is a good idea is an idiot . Hopefully the NCAA steps in to protect these kids from their own parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, anyone that has their kid commit before they are a Junior is totally nuts. If you kid is good enough they will find a spot. Even juniors don't really know what they are "committing" to, but any younger than that and IMO you are setting your kid up to look bad. But hey, different stokes for different folks! Hit the books and enjoy the ride, because none of them are going to be professional lacrosse players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could you make it any easier to prove that you are a moron , cut off in NYS is December 1. Because you are such a simpleton I will spell it out for you , any kid who is currently 14 and is in 8th grade on Long Island is a hold back. I would abuse you some more but its just sad, maybe you and the dope with the fictitious kid who was a USNA graduate can get together and come on here with a legitimate reason a kid should commit to 9 years of service other than they can back out. [/quote]

If you're so smart, why couldn't you think of this obvious reason? [/quote]

So now the reason to commit at 13 to 9 years of service is beat the mad rush.If the kid is as good as I believe she is they would want her when she is 16 so your point is just nonsense. The only reason is parents EGO. [/quote]

[/quote]

I know smoking cigarettes is not good for anyone's 13 year old , does that mean I am an egomaniac. Anyone that thinks having kids commit to service academies at 13 is a good idea is an idiot . Hopefully the NCAA steps in to protect these kids from their own parents. [/quote]

If you don't know the difference between smoking cigarettes and verbally committing to one of the most selective schools in the country, then you are the idiot here.

How many times can someone tell you that the girl hasn't actually committed to attend any school, that's it's not legally binding, that she can change her mind later, etc.?

Why be so obtuse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could you make it any easier to prove that you are a moron , cut off in NYS is December 1. Because you are such a simpleton I will spell it out for you , any kid who is currently 14 and is in 8th grade on Long Island is a hold back. I would abuse you some more but its just sad, maybe you and the dope with the fictitious kid who was a USNA graduate can get together and come on here with a legitimate reason a kid should commit to 9 years of service other than they can back out. [/quote]

If you're so smart, why couldn't you think of this obvious reason? [/quote]

Navy had 20 commits in 2016 and 19 commits in 2017...lot of spots there...kinda shoots down that theory mr obvious...plus the fact a lot of kids aren't cut out for navy. [/quote]

Bottom line - you are the one with the massive ego to think that you know what's best for other people's children. [/quote]

Its a forum, people have different opinions. Most people on this forum could care less about this kid, just posting their opinions. Yeah 20 kids committed in 8th grade for the 2016s, they had to hurry so they didnt lose their spot... [/quote]

Actually, no one suggested that they all committed in 8th grade either...except for you. I'm happy to read even logically flawed responses if offered with appropriate humility, but the opinions given by others included gratuitous insults.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, anyone that has their kid commit before they are a Junior is totally nuts. If you kid is good enough they will find a spot. Even juniors don't really know what they are "committing" to, but any younger than that and IMO you are setting your kid up to look bad. But hey, different stokes for different folks! Hit the books and enjoy the ride, because none of them are going to be professional lacrosse players.

Ok. So I am totally nuts. But I'd like to hear why.

"If your kid is good enough, they will find a spot"
You mean somewhere, at some school? Well then yes. Where she wanted to go, no. She is a 2019 and her recruiting class is already full at her future school.

"Even juniors don't really know what they are "committing" to, but any younger than that and IMO you are setting your kid up to look bad."

How so? How specifically will it make my kid look bad??

"Hit the books and enjoy the ride, because none of them are going to be professional lacrosse players."

She is going to an elite academic institution and has straight A's so far in high school in all honors classes. So she hits the books. And she is not striving to be a professional lacrosse player, she is striving to be a good college player.

So again I ask, how as a parent am I nuts? Following your advice, she would not be attending this amazing school and lacrosse program. Allowing her to commit before junior year has allowed her to have that opportunity. It's not binding. If junior or senior year things have changed and she decides she wants to play D3 at Middlebury for instance, she still can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be one of the most select schools in the country for general students, but 39 commits in two years for lax team. That doesn't seem most select for lax players. Also, the argument about if she waited to junior year to commit, might not be a spot doesn't hold water, she's the number 1 2021 commit...i think they would save her a spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lotta stupid on this thread. Virtually all of it from one guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good comeback. Guess the facts were too much for you. With that said, great respect for Annapolis and the Midshipmen, They are amazing young people attending. Thank you for your service.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good comeback. Guess the facts were too much for you. With that said, great respect for Annapolis and the Midshipmen, They are amazing young people attending. Thank you for your service.

It wasn't a comeback, it was an observation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you may be surprised that there are multiple posters on both sides of this issue .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know smoking cigarettes is not good for anyone's 13 year old , does that mean I am an egomaniac. Anyone that thinks having kids commit to service academies at 13 is a good idea is an idiot . Hopefully the NCAA steps in to protect these kids from their own parents.

If you don't know the difference between smoking cigarettes and verbally committing to one of the most selective schools in the country, then you are the idiot here.

How many times can someone tell you that the girl hasn't actually committed to attend any school, that's it's not legally binding, that she can change her mind later, etc.?

Why be so obtuse?

I cannot tell if you are joking or really this ignorant . So your reason that it's a good idea for a 13 year old to verbally commit to a service academy is " that the girl hasn't actually committed to anything ". In case you are too stupid to understand she has committed 9 years of her life to the navy . Yes we all understand that you feel her word and commitment have no meaning but that is a sad lesson to teach your kids . Honor , Courage , Committment sound familiar .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK. So, you have established repeatedly that you are stuck on stupid. No problem. Nobody is coming along to Shanghai your kid and send them to the South China Sea.

And you don't agree with other parents' decisions?

Too bad for you and thank God for them that your opinion doesn't count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK. So, you have established repeatedly that you are stuck on stupid. No problem. Nobody is coming along to Shanghai your kid and send them to the South China Sea.

Maybe your opinion is just like the verbal commitment of your own kid , it does not matter because you can change it whenever you want. You are a loser so go take your meds, keep teaching your kid that her commitments mean nothing she will end up just like you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why be so obtuse?

I cannot tell if you are joking or really this ignorant . So your reason that it's a good idea for a 13 year old to verbally commit to a service academy is " that the girl hasn't actually committed to anything ". In case you are too stupid to understand she has committed 9 years of her life to the navy . Yes we all understand that you feel her word and commitment have no meaning but that is a sad lesson to teach your kids . Honor , Courage , Committment sound familiar .

Dude..,why do you care so much for what some other family and girl did? It's none of your business. My (educated) guess is that your daughter was snubbed by her "dream" school or she wasn't as good as you thought she was and had to accept a scholarship to a school that you didn't like. Jeez man...leave the family alone. Get over YOUR disappointment and congratulate the family and kid. Grow up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe your opinion is just like the verbal commitment of your own kid , it does not matter because you can change it whenever you want. You are a loser so go take your meds, keep teaching your kid that her commitments mean nothing she will end up just like you.

My kid verbally committed years ago and is currently serving her country in the United States Navy after completing 4 of the best (and toughest) years of her life at the Naval Academy.

Here is the difference between you and me (one of several I am guessing)...I know wth I am talking about, and you? Not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax man, there is nothing wrong with Suffolk Community College. By the time your girl is 20 she will be ready to make the big decision whether to commit to a 9 week film studies course or really risk it all with some underwater basket weaving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid verbally committed years ago and is currently serving her country in the United States Navy after completing 4 of the best (and toughest) years of her life at the Naval Academy.

Here is the difference between you and me (one of several I am guessing)...I know wth I am talking about, and you? Not so much.

Whats your point? no ones saying its not a great school, just no need to commit so early to it. No money involved and plenty of spots. Family just wanted to say they were the first to commit. Admit that and the discussion would be over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again ,USNA is a great school and not 1 person has said otherwise. Your kid was not 13 when she committed . Your kid obviously took her committment seriously . Truly do not have a jeolous bone in my body about this kid , I do take issue with a kid committing to the military at 13. If you think 13 year old kids committing to 9 years of service is a good idea I would be very surprised that you actually have a kid who went thru it . As for me having no idea what I am talking about its been 30 plus years and things have changed a lot but I guarantee you I know more about the Naval Academy than having a daughter who has gone there has taught you . I know of ,but do not know the family in question so it's really more a stance against the situation than the family .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again ,USNA is a great school and not 1 person has said otherwise. Your kid was not 13 when she committed . Your kid obviously took her committment seriously . Truly do not have a jeolous bone in my body about this kid , I do take issue with a kid committing to the military at 13. If you think 13 year old kids committing to 9 years of service is a good idea I would be very surprised that you actually have a kid who went thru it . As for me having no idea what I am talking about its been 30 plus years and things have changed a lot but I guarantee you I know more about the Naval Academy than having a daughter who has gone there has taught you . I know of ,but do not know the family in question so it's really more a stance against the situation than the family .
How about it's non of your business, she's not your kid, no one cares about your opinion on this situation, this kid or the naval academy. If you wnt to the academy you should have learned to keep your unsolicited opinion to yourself. Navy takes so many recruits because so many either Don't make the grades for admission, can't get the letter or change there minds, this kid would not be the first nor the last to have any or all of these things happen, IF you went to navy you would know that. It's been 4 days of this can we move on now, we have all heard your opinion...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about it's non of your business, she's not your kid, no one cares about your opinion on this situation, this kid or the naval academy. If you wnt to the academy you should have learned to keep your unsolicited opinion to yourself. Navy takes so many recruits because so many either Don't make the grades for admission, can't get the letter or change there minds, this kid would not be the first nor the last to have any or all of these things happen, IF you went to navy you would know that. It's been 4 days of this can we move on now, we have all heard your opinion...

You really are an ignorant person . Again no one hopes this kid fails . People are commenting on the idea that a 13 year old has the capacity to commit 9 years of their life and actually understand what that requires .
Obviously you had a few too many prior to responding but your point that so many commit and than are unable to meet the criteria for admissions should be a red flag as to why 13 year olds who have never taken a high school class should not commit . Even your somewhat pickled /medicated brain should understand that .
There is no legitimate reason for any middle school student to committ 9 years of their life other than mommy and daddy egos . Take another pill have another drink this subject matter is closed for me .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously care about other people's opinions or else you wouldn't get so worked up.

Page 18 of 44 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard