BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 37 1 2 3 4 36 37
Re: Boys 2023- PA and Surrounding Area
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does your bad image of BL stem from?
Both sideline chatter (conceivably some sour grapes, but I'd imagine it's a combination of multiple factors) and the pro-BL posters on this forum. So maybe that's a case of "a few bad apples" scenario.

Either way, there's no denying how successful they've been since their inception. I guess I've just been really bothered by the attitude of a lot of these posts?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh duh...its the Freedom and Mesa people bashing reread your above post and think about it. Get a clue unless you are one of them.
Yeah so this hearkens back to my earlier post about the arrogant BL posters.

Responding to a post where somebody spent time to provide information, albeit clearly information that hurt your feelings, regarding a perception with "Uh duh" and "reread your above post and think about it." and "Get a clue" is both condescending and very clearly just defensive on your part.

I, for one, am neither a Freedom or Mesa person and I have a very bad image of BL so I guess by your definition I'm just "clueless"--except I'm not.

What does your bad image of BL stem from?

I have not made any comments above, but I can tell you my bad image of them is because I watched them take players from their top team and play them with the B team this past summer. They claim they couldn't "help" it because they were short. I have been around lacrosse for a very long time and I know they could have found players if they tried, but it would be better for their B team to bring in "ringers". That is the "win at all costs mentality" and that is what people don't like. This is youth lacrosse and it is sad
Waaaaaahhhhhhh

that does not help the perception

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let it go. Why can't you just let it go for all of our sakes. Why so bitter. This was covered ad nauseam. NXT tournament okayed Brotherly Love sharing players between A/B and as they were short players and didin't want to go outside the club to supplement. It was freakin June hot as [lacrosse] and 15 kids wasn't going to get it done. They pulled 5 kids that go between A/DB all the time.

I could see your point if they pulled there five best kids and moved them to the B Team then you would have right to [lacrosse]. Cmon, my son was one of them. He is a good player not great happy to play with A and just as happy to play with B. So their B team ended up winning the B championship as well. Sorry it happens did you really want the t-shirt that badlly I think I can dig it out from my garage.

Let it go pretty please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"All the kds from Unionville that jumped the boarder to play for Kennett, they were going for or one reason, Nurry"
So are you admitting to breaking rules in the CCLA???

Are you aware that CCLA allowed this as long as the parents and township sign a waiver to that effect? Ask the parents if they had to get a waiver. Must have been a reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let it go. Why can't you just let it go for all of our sakes. Why so bitter. This was covered ad nauseam. NXT tournament okayed Brotherly Love sharing players between A/B and as they were short players and didin't want to go outside the club to supplement. It was freakin June hot as [lacrosse] and 15 kids wasn't going to get it done. They pulled 5 kids that go between A/DB all the time.

I could see your point if they pulled there five best kids and moved them to the B Team then you would have right to [lacrosse]. Cmon, my son was one of them. He is a good player not great happy to play with A and just as happy to play with B. So their B team ended up winning the B championship as well. Sorry it happens did you really want the t-shirt that badlly I think I can dig it out from my garage.

Let it go pretty please

Someone asked why people have a gripe with the club, I was answering honestly. If they don't want people to gripe they shouldn't do things that make them look like cheaters. As I said, they could have gotten other players, but chose instead to bring the A players down. That was their choice, they made their bed, now they have to lie in it... And, as to your point of it being too hot, I bet those boys that "doubled up" were totally beat. It would have been better for everyone involved for them to bring in some other kids to fill the spots.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I give up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid isn't on either but have played both and think both have quality players and good programs. Not sure why the venom on both sides.

On another note, harvest classic schedule is out. People's thoughts on the groups and outcomes?

Surprised to see NXT in the group 4, I recall at their tryout they indicated they were going to play in A this year. Changed their mind after the freedom tournament?

Assume BL , Dukes BBL Looneys are the top group. Lots of chatter about BL what about other 3 teams. What does dukes ''national'' mean? They bring kids from all over rather than just philly? Thoughts on bbl and looneys giving brotherly love a good match?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 2023 from Maryland that lost all 6 games in HoCo AA last season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Group 1:
BL AA
BBL Elite
Looney's Orange
Duke's Nationals

If Looney's Orange is their A, then I would expect them to take Group 1

Group 2:
SoutShore
Cavalier - Never heard of them
RS
BL A

Def BLA in this group, unless Cavalier is some LI team that I have never heard of

Group 3:
RoughRiders
Team 11
Team 91 (MD)
Looney's Green

Again not sure which is the "A" for Looney's, assuming orange, then I think this is Team 91

Group 4

NXT
BBL Helix
Freedom White
United
Headstrong
Rock PA
Team superstar

Haven't heard of a few of these, maybe Freedom here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RR also lost every game in game in HoCo AA last year. 91MD played A and lost in semi finals.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is PA rough riders. Is AA higher than A?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every year the waivers are discussed at the CCLA meetings, Kennett has by far the most and I've been told that will change next season.

"All the kds from Unionville that jumped the boarder to play for Kennett, they were going for or one reason, Nurry"
So are you admitting to breaking rules in the CCLA???

Are you aware that CCLA allowed this as long as the parents and township sign a waiver to that effect? Ask the parents if they had to get a waiver. Must have been a reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes Nationals pulls from all over and a lot of Long Island kids. They will be very good and worth watching BL play them. Yes AA is higher than A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good, it's rec lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Group 1:
BL AA
BBL Elite
Looney's Orange
Duke's Nationals

If Looney's Orange is their A, then I would expect them to take Group 1

Group 2:
SoutShore
Cavalier - Never heard of them
RS
BL A

Def BLA in this group, unless Cavalier is some LI team that I have never heard of

Group 3:
RoughRiders
Team 11
Team 91 (MD)
Looney's Green

Again not sure which is the "A" for Looney's, assuming orange, then I think this is Team 91

Group 4

NXT
BBL Helix
Freedom White
United
Headstrong
Rock PA
Team superstar

Haven't heard of a few of these, maybe Freedom here?

Group 1 it will be between Dukes and BL Looneys is middle of the pack in Howard County. Surprised they are in this group they must have requested to play in this group. BBL is legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have a team that is having success and your in Philly get thick skin now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not thicker than Long Island skin check out that thread better
Than SNL. That is a hot sweaty mess of parents ready to rumble cheating Doping and everything under the sun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes Nationals pulls from all over and a lot of Long Island kids. They will be very good and worth watching BL play them. Yes AA is higher than A

So these kids are on also on clubs in their own area and come together for tournaments as Dukes Nat? Do they practice together?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL will follow the path of every dad run program that is not a full time business. Once their kids hit the 9th grade level and it becomes about recruiting they will not have the time needed or know how to assist all the kids in the program in this process. They will need to find an out for their players. It is exactly what Sons did with them and NXT. The question will be where do the BL kids end up. BL will no longer exist a few years after their kids age out just as what is happening with Sons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for CT Chargers 2023. How does the Chargers teams do at tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL will follow the path of every dad run program that is not a full time business. Once their kids hit the 9th grade level and it becomes about recruiting they will not have the time needed or know how to assist all the kids in the program in this process. They will need to find an out for their players. It is exactly what Sons did with them and NXT. The question will be where do the BL kids end up. BL will no longer exist a few years after their kids age out just as what is happening with Sons.

Freedom is a Dad run program are they going to flame out soon?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So these kids are on also on clubs in their own area and come together for tournaments as Dukes Nat? Do they practice together?

They don't but that was the Duke's model when they were a powerhouse. Get the best kids together and watch them play. It is odd that the better LI kids would play when there regular travel team could beat Dukes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes and yes--once a month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't but that was the Duke's model when they were a powerhouse. Get the best kids together and watch them play. It is odd that the better LI kids would play when there regular travel team could beat Dukes.
Might be useful to have actual information before answering a question.

Yes they do practice once a month. As for the LI kids who play for them because "there [sic] regular travel team could beat Dukes" DN 2023 lost in OT to Igloo in Patriot Games this past summer. And if you watched that game DN was a faceoff guy away from winning that game. So you can act like they're some average team but they're on par with some of the (check the LI thread) best teams in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Might be useful to have actual information before answering a question.

Yes they do practice once a month. As for the LI kids who play for them because "there [sic] regular travel team could beat Dukes" DN 2023 lost in OT to Igloo in Patriot Games this past summer. And if you watched that game DN was a faceoff guy away from winning that game. So you can act like they're some average team but they're on par with some of the (check the LI thread) best teams in the country.
so what, do it with kids in your back yard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that was the Duke's model when they were a powerhouse. Get the best kids together and watch them play.

Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for CT Chargers 2023. How does the Chargers teams do at tournaments?

Do you not attend his tournaments? I have never seen the CT chargers.

How is the Nxt tournament running. Will there be any cross group play? Seems that group 1 is AA, group 2 and 3 are A and group 4 is B. Will groups 2 and 3 play each other based on ranking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that was the Duke's model when they were a powerhouse. Get the best kids together and watch them play.

Why?
It makes it worth it. Who cares what a bunch of great kids from all over the east coast can do. Makes no sense unless they are just playing to have fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you not attend his tournaments? I have never seen the CT chargers.

How is the Nxt tournament running. Will there be any cross group play? Seems that group 1 is AA, group 2 and 3 are A and group 4 is B. Will groups 2 and 3 play each other based on ranking?

no. just play 3 games. no playoff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares what a bunch of great kids from all over the east coast can do. Makes no sense unless they are just playing to have fun.
You do realize you're describing the greater Duke's model, right? Or have you never looked at the Duke's 1 or 2 roster? That's the WHOLE point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Explain the dukes please...teams folding, team forming, what is the goal? I am sure someone is make money? Who is running it Madoff?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a person that runs a full time business trying to make a go of it with just lacrosse....gonna pick a name out of a hat....MESA. C'mon there are so many mouths on that teat it is a wonder that some of you aren't already at the soup kitchen.

The only ones that badger the dad model are the full timers. The reality is the dad model is superior more often than not. You just sound to bitter about it not to be somewhat vested. Come out of the closet whereever you are.

Let's not forget that the best club out there in regards to pure numbers is 91 and you do know that Spallina is a dad coach that started it with his brother right....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Explain the dukes please...teams folding, team forming, what is the goal? I am sure someone is make money? Who is running it Madoff?

From the outside it looks more like SEARS..a once great franchise now desperate to hold on to something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a person that runs a full time business trying to make a go of it with just lacrosse....gonna pick a name out of a hat....MESA. C'mon there are so many mouths on that teat it is a wonder that some of you aren't already at the soup kitchen.

The only ones that badger the dad model are the full timers. The reality is the dad model is superior more often than not. You just sound to bitter about it not to be somewhat vested. Come out of the closet whereever you are.

Let's not forget that the best club out there in regards to pure numbers is 91 and you do know that Spallina is a dad coach that started it with his brother right....

I think this poster hit it right on the head. Sounds like your are involved/vested with a full time program that is a business. Pushing the value of full time just a little too hard with little substance to not be benefitting.

I would hazard a guess that there are more dad run programs that are successful that then later evolved into full time businesses based on success.

Look at Madlax more successful than any program in the Philly area and it was also started by a dad. The Founder of Madlax coaches his own sons on the Madlax 2024 Squad and that has pumped out more recruits into the DI level than both NXT and Mesa in Philly.

Shame on you very self promoting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you guys are right. Gotta be Mesa or NXT representive or employ pushing way too hard on the full time business model. Hope you aren't banking on BL talent heading your way to make your teams better I don't see it folding anytime in the near future, the founders kids are like in 3nd grade and the one has a 4 year old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes went south when Ebe grew it and partnered up with people without his values and beliefs. Its like a fine bourbon better made in small batches and now it is just Wild Turkey or maybe just Turkey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point of daddy run clubs vs the business model is simple. Can dad's run a club and be successful? Yes, but to be successful in the long term they need to make the commitment to do it fulltime. You can't be a part-time player, when parent are looking for your help for their kids to a college. The owners of BL will face that time in a couple of years. People throw out Madlax, it was built out of a business model that expanded to club lacrosse, Spallina is a career coach who expanded his profile. BL may be successful and have dominant teams at multiple years (Sons had that and now they will be gone in a few years). Their owners have a big decision to make at some point in the next 2 years of what their model will look like for 9th-11th grade teams. It could help them land more players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. I believe that is why they hired 2 high school coaches. With Urso and Kivlen both at 2022 and 2023 respectively I suspect they are making a go of being independent and not being a feeder program for anyone. Look at tenacious turtles or more locally Man Up. A group of kids and families that went the distance and made a lot of great memories along the way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Mesa and HHH do down in Bmore today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Mesa and HHH do down in Bmore today?
probably not great or they would be on here letting us all know about it

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 37 1 2 3 4 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard