BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 78 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
my apologies legacy beat aspen a little over a week ago and actually beat them up pretty good final score was close but the game wasnt

I am new to making no sense at alll so pardon me if I make sense...isn't the score the best indication of how close a game was?

It depends. A lot of teams let kids play that may not be completely ready for big games to get them exposure. When the score tightens they put the top players back in. It solves two problems. Parents who want to win and parents who want their kids to play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were at havoc the following week (we went 2-2 and played some A teams as well) and blatant this week. They do two Fall tournaments and then add as they are invited. No one's stalking anyone - it's a small lacrosse community things come up in conversation especially when you have players moving teams and keeping in contact with each other. That's what it's about, playing lacrosse, getting better, and making new friends you wouldn't have met otherwise. Of course winning is great too, but just competing and having close games is enough. Just because the jerseys they are wearing change doesn't mean they should stop being friends and talking about their common interests ie lacrosse.

As for the stalking, if you mean stalking is talking to some parents from Express on the sideline at half time about how their Fall was going and what tournaments they've done or will be doing that's how we (some parents) found out what happened at Columbus day weekend. It's probably also how you found out we got shut out our first game and played to .500 at Havoc...unless you weren't one of those parents we were talking too and you're the STALKER lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my apologies legacy beat aspen a little over a week ago and actually beat them up pretty good final score was close but the game wasnt

I am new to making no sense at alll so pardon me if I make sense...isn't the score the best indication of how close a game was?

It depends. A lot of teams let kids play that may not be completely ready for big games to get them exposure. When the score tightens they put the top players back in. It solves two problems. Parents who want to win and parents who want their kids to play.

Thanks toolbox it was a 1 goal game and never more than 1-3 goal lead, legacy squeaked by and will never beat igloo again, so no, this was not a hey let's put all the bench warmers in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks toolbox it was a 1 goal game and never more than 1-3 goal lead, legacy squeaked by and will never beat igloo again, so no, this was not a hey let's put all the bench warmers in

I said lots of teams. Igloo B parents really are all riled up. Wonder why. At least at Express kids are guaranteed playing time for better or worse. A lot of unhappy parents with kids not seeing the field on aspen. Personally I'd rather have my son play. Not everyone can be an A player but kids will never get there not playing. All they have is we won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you listen to yourself?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Played your team yesterday. Heard coaches yelling and Attack Mom screaming from field away on last game too!!

Have fun!

Haha! You are jealous! Love it! [/quote]

Jealous? Beat your team...made semi finals.....no embarrassing parents on sidelines......hmmmmmm

Haha! You wish! Have you read BOTC about your team and the parents? They can't even say your team name (*****) now that's trash! LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares Hitmen. Go away!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I said lots of teams. Igloo B parents really are all riled up. Wonder why. At least at Express kids are guaranteed playing time for better or worse. A lot of unhappy parents with kids not seeing the field on aspen. Personally I'd rather have my son play. Not everyone can be an A player but kids will never get there not playing. All they have is we won.

Sounds like you left Aspen for Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares Hitmen. Go away!

you seem to care an awful lot...I'm not even on either of these teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the best...express kids are guaranteed playing time. Ha ha, express A teams carry 28-34 players and pick up and drops kids all year. Only in 9-12th grade do they carry a 24 person A team and an "as many as they can get away with B team". Channy will keep the same 10-13 on the field the entire year and not think twice about it. Good luck with thay

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get why people want that for their kid. If there was an opportunity to earn time by working hard at practice, I see that. If not, your son learns hard work and dedication by making all those practices gets you nothing. Nice life lesson... all hard doesn't get rewarded, I am of the opinion that everyone should play. We can all live with the bench shortening in the last 5 minutes to win, but at least every kid contributes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get why people want that for their kid. If there was an opportunity to earn time by working hard at practice, I see that. If not, your son learns hard work and dedication by making all those practices gets you nothing. Nice life lesson... all hard doesn't get rewarded, I am of the opinion that everyone should play. We can all live with the bench shortening in the last 5 minutes to win, but at least every kid contributes.

If your son improves and is capable of making plays he will play. He will play the best 10 or so. Could change week to week . Who's got the hot hand. Life lessons aren't if u go to practice and work hard you will play. This is a select travel team. Best kids play. No favorites. Just talent. Not good enough to play in certain games .... That's a life lesson

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Hitmen parent and we are not even close to Outlaws Select, the 2nd 91 Team or Igloo B. I really don't think that could be a Hitmen parent posting, but if it is your are delusional. I don't put to much stock in fall tournaments because the players will be developing a lot between October and June when it matters. But all of you need to relax and stop posting about 12 year old boys!!! There is a ton of talent at this age group. I believe on any given day any one of the top teams, ( Igloo A, Express, 91, Legacy and Outlaws) could be one another. I watched a bunch of different teams play in the A and B brackets on Sunday. What I noticed was the daddy influence. Pretty much every team had players where you could clearly tell they spent too much time listening to Daddy at the kitchen table and not enough time listening to what the coaches want them to do. Think that will be fixed in most cases by the time we see these teams again in the spring and summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son improves and is capable of making plays he will play. He will play the best 10 or so. Could change week to week . Who's got the hot hand. Life lessons aren't if u go to practice and work hard you will play. This is a select travel team. Best kids play. No favorites. Just talent. Not good enough to play in certain games .... That's a life lesson

12 year old lacrosse is not about life lessons. It's about improving and playing for a good coach and great environment. The extra win or two will mean nothing in a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If coach is going to play the "best 10 or so," then why take 30 kids on the team? There's a batch of good middies that will never get the chance they need to develop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the best...express kids are guaranteed playing time. Ha ha, express A teams carry 28-34 players and pick up and drops kids all year. Only in 9-12th grade do they carry a 24 person A team and an "as many as they can get away with B team". Channy will keep the same 10-13 on the field the entire year and not think twice about it. Good luck with thay

The A team is a whole different ballgame. We are talking about B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good coaches at this age find a way to make it work. If they don't than you should find a new team that fits your kid. They take 23+ kids for practices. Like every level practice is where kids develop and get better. If that is not happening and your kid is not learning and growing in the game , its not a good fit. These days its clear what teams and even entire clubs play only the numbers. 1-10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

12 year old lacrosse is not about life lessons. It's about improving and playing for a good coach and great environment. The extra win or two will mean nothing in a few years.

Everything young people experience is a life lesson. But your latter points are spot on. Good environment that provides encouragement and rewards hard work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FACT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the rebels???

The "new" LegASScy team. The ego maniac TZ coaches them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Hitmen parent and we are not even close to Outlaws Select, the 2nd 91 Team or Igloo B. I really don't think that could be a Hitmen parent posting, but if it is your are delusional. I don't put to much stock in fall tournaments because the players will be developing a lot between October and June when it matters. But all of you need to relax and stop posting about 12 year old boys!!! There is a ton of talent at this age group. I believe on any given day any one of the top teams, ( Igloo A, Express, 91, Legacy and Outlaws) could be one another. I watched a bunch of different teams play in the A and B brackets on Sunday. What I noticed was the daddy influence. Pretty much every team had players where you could clearly tell they spent too much time listening to Daddy at the kitchen table and not enough time listening to what the coaches want them to do. Think that will be fixed in most cases by the time we see these teams again in the spring and summer.

I think what happened are people posting inaccurate information regarding lots of teams and trying to stir the pot. Truth be told, a lot of good competition in the A and B brackets. It's fall ball and we have a long way to go before the spring and summer season. What's unfortunate, parents from teams such as Hitmen, Express, Legacy, etc. post things about kids that are specifically based that anyone who knows them knows who they are referrig to in their posts. If the posters would indeed stop this nonsense, life would be easier. Daddy's living life through their kids. Rant over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all posts are pretty much spot on ,some parents need to understand if your kid does not get much playing time and not on field during tight games its time to move on , all the practices, clinics,and private instruction doesn't mean anything if you cant produce on the field. Now is the time to make a move to a team were u can get as much time as you can if it means moving to a B team accept it . No help to your son if hes on a A team if not playing. boys are still only 12 still plenty of time to develop if you let them ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If coach is going to play the "best 10 or so," then why take 30 kids on the team? There's a batch of good middies that will never get the chance they need to develop.

money money money !!! that's why guess you haven't realized that its a business and these coaches, owners do not care about your child wake up ! as long as your check clears your kid can be on ANY team ...its whether he will play or not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You got that right, it's all about the playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maniac, TZ is hungry to win with 21 kids on roster. No different than 91 who has 2 maniacs, express has it's ruthless money grubbing maniac, igloo penguin's with their fake up front cost model, or any of the others. In case you think I'm crazy why have 28-32 players on a team, because profitability goes up, up, up!! TZ has 21, who's the ruthless maniac now??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do get a chancw. Many are not ready yet. Plenty of players got a chance to play in the big games this weekend. Let's face it, 2022 is highly competetive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah blah blah. Every age is competitive. A lot of kids playing is more like it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't get middies playing time if you have 10 middies four LPM and a fogo..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. You can't get better watching from the bench. What's more important, to be on the "A" team but barely seeing the field or playing on the "B" team and getting a ton of reps as one of the go to players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. You can't get better watching from the bench. What's more important, to be on the "A" team but barely seeing the field or playing on the "B" team and getting a ton of reps as one of the go to players?

Agree. The combination of parents' egos and the historically poor attention paid to development of B teams by organizations dooms the B teams to failure. It's a never ending cycle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny how this site has become a high school cafe. Parents in here disrespecting kids, coaches and the game. Social Media cowards! So many of these kids play great and loser parents make it about the W! Grow up, look at your fat and bald self in the mirror and realize your time is done and talk about the unbelievable goals, the great saves and laugh at some of the crazy ref calls.
Just food for thought>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the most spot on post I have seen on this site. You are a parent that obviously gets it!
It is funny how this site has become a high school cafe. Parents in here disrespecting kids, coaches and the game. Social Media cowards! So many of these kids play great and loser parents make it about the W! Grow up, look at your fat and bald self in the mirror and realize your time is done and talk about the unbelievable goals, the great saves and laugh at some of the crazy ref calls.
Just food for thought>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

most parents know that going in especially if you have been on the team for a couple of years. it's not a revelation. not fair maybe but not going to change either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just food for thought>

Ok fat bubble butt momma.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The B team if it's not neglected, has a dedicated coach and doesnt have 30 kids on it. To stay on a team and hope for blowouts to get minutes makes no sense to me. But to each his own and it's my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Best post I've seen on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spending $3k to play on a B team ?? Why not save your money play town . Train yourself on wall maybe some training groups. If u live in a decent lacrosse town , most youth coaches know the game also. Only making the Godfathers rich otherwise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spending $3k to play on a B team ?? Why not save your money play town . Train yourself on wall maybe some training groups. If u live in a decent lacrosse town , most youth coaches know the game also. Only making the Godfathers rich otherwise

If is the operative word. Town is not a better option for most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great Question. Play on an A Team but don't get in much in tight games but practice with better players all the time or be the go to guy on a B team and be the one of the best guys at Practice.

At this age I think it would be better to be on an A team so you can practice with better players. A teams practice alot and their only a limited number of tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great Question. Play on an A Team but don't get in much in tight games but practice with better players all the time or be the go to guy on a B team and be the one of the best guys at Practice.

It's a tough balance because in practice, the best players coaches know and trust, don't really "practice" at their highest levels and the coach doesn't care. Playing against other competition, pushing yourself and making name for yourself on a B team could help at a tryout later! Kid be that stud that comes out of no where and now has a meaningful seat at the table! I think playing lots of minutes is the better option! My opinion! I'm not a guy who knows what is what in this racket but what I think would make sense! Bottom line, I like to see my kid happy and actually learning! Whatever comes after is gravy! God bless and good luck to all of our boys!

At this age I think it would be better to be on an A team so you can practice with better players. A teams practice alot and their only a limited number of tournaments.

Page 18 of 78 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard