BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 60 of 86 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But they are at the top of the list.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Only list they will ever be on top of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trig, give it a rest. You sent 3 kids to the hospital, not some Madlax dad. Do something positive with your life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trig, give it a rest. You sent 3 kids to the hospital, not some Madlax dad. Do something positive with your life.

Your obsession with Trig is bizarre. Anything to deflect away from charging your own players to advocate to college coaches on their behalf, I guess.

Don't hate BW just because the path from Madlax to BW is one way only.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your obsession with Trig is bizarre. Anything to deflect away from charging your own players to advocate to college coaches on their behalf, I guess.

This is not true just not true. And you do know a BW 2019 just left to go play with Madlax and Verbaled to play for Penn State.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not true just not true. And you do know a BW 2019 just left to go play with Madlax and Verbaled to play for Penn State.

. . . a week later - who should get the credit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well talking to them he said he was noticed through his showcases and prospect days. And they left because he wanted to play more not just wait around for Trig to throw something together for a practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK--enough. Trig and Cabell need a cage match to determine supremacy once and for all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK--enough. Trig and Cabell need a cage match to determine supremacy once and for all.

Its not even close he has 3 teams of part time high school players. He gets no credit for anything. Well maybe he teaches the kids how to deal with a real hard A$$. That could be helpful in lift.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well talking to them he said he was noticed through his showcases and prospect days. And they left because he wanted to play more not just wait around for Trig to throw something together for a practice.

Not true. At this point, I guess you really believe this "BW doesn't practice" like since you post it here weekly.

The kid's dad is a nut. He has switched schools, reclassed, and is on his 3rd club. Madlax 2019 is the best 2019 team in this area, so that's why he left. He verballed after being on Madlax for a week. BW gets the credit, but I'm sure Madlax will claim it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. At this point, I guess you really believe this "BW doesn't practice" like since you post it here weekly.

The kid's dad is a nut. He has switched schools, reclassed, and is on his 3rd club. Madlax 2019 is the best 2019 team in this area, so that's why he left. He verballed after being on Madlax for a week. BW gets the credit, but I'm sure Madlax will claim it.

How about the kid get the credit for committing, and not the club? Just a thought. Congrats to the kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like how you gave Madlax credit for being the best. And BW does do less then any club in the area they brag about it. Try to sell people on the less is more approach. BW is not a club it is just a tool kids from top high schools use for a place to get a little more field time and the main word here is little more. Just a little question how many days a year do the top D1 college teams play or practice? So do they agree with BWs less is more approach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about the kid get the credit for committing, and not the club? Just a thought. Congrats to the kid.

Kid gets credit for being a baller. Ty's Twitter feed gives club credit to Madlax. BW is yesterday's news

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like how you gave Madlax credit for being the best. And BW does do less then any club in the area they brag about it. Try to sell people on the less is more approach. BW is not a club it is just a tool kids from top high schools use for a place to get a little more field time and the main word here is little more. Just a little question how many days a year do the top D1 college teams play or practice? So do they agree with BWs less is more approach?

I think it's weird that people are criticizing other families/kids for playing more at Madlax or playing less at Blackwolf. Isn't it good that there are alternatives for the kids to choose? Some kids want to play a lot of tournaments and events, some kids don't. It doesn't seem to affect the number of kids playing in college at all. My kid plays for Blackwolf and loves it; his buddy plays for Madlax and loves it; Awesome!

Just like schools, there are no "One Size Fits All" for lacrosse clubs. Who cares if the coach of some other club is a nut job. Some kids love him, some hate him, and some are indifferent. That's true at every club, even when the coach is not a nut job.

If a club isn't working out for your family - move to another club. There are a lot of great options in the area, whether the overly-judgmental people on this forum believe it or not. If you like your club, enjoy it, even if some anonymous ding dong on Back of the Cage tells you that only "irresponsible" parents would let their kid play for that particular coach.

In truth, only irresponsible people spend time criticizing other people without knowing anything at all about those people's lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only person talking about "less is more" is you, dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabell continues to collect academy fees even after you make it clear you are leaving the program. Has anyone called him on that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabell continues to collect academy fees even after you make it clear you are leaving the program. Has anyone called him on that?

You sign a contract when you join the club. They spread the fees over a year. Would you rather them charge them all in one payment that would fix this problem. I agree its around $1000 more to play for Madlax but you know this going in. My advise is put the fees on a card you can close or have them block a charge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to be careful. I know families who gave 6 months notice they were leaving who had their cards charged for another installment after they left and after their agreement ended. I know another one who closed the card, opened up a new one, and somehow were billed for another amount.

If you must play for Madlax, use a disposable gift card or risk getting charged extra after you leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure this is a real problem for people who communicate. If you just don't show up anymore you would probably get charged. But if you let them know you are done, you no longer play lax, your kid graduated and is in college, etc., I believe they remove you from the Academy at that time. At least that is what I have heard from Madlax parents who have left. And if they forget to remove you and you get charged, just let them know! My experience with the guys running the various programs (not a comment either way about the owner) has always been positive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is 100% spot on. If you go into the store and talk to Garret or Matt they will fix this without of a issue. If you are a chicken $hit and quit in the middle of the night and never show up why would they go out of their way to cancel the charge. Those two are great guys if you talk to them they will take care of this issue and you will get your money back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure this is a real problem for people who communicate. If you just don't show up anymore you would probably get charged. But if you let them know you are done, you no longer play lax, your kid graduated and is in college, etc., I believe they remove you from the Academy at that time. At least that is what I have heard from Madlax parents who have left. And if they forget to remove you and you get charged, just let them know! My experience with the guys running the various programs (not a comment either way about the owner) has always been positive.

LOL. Maybe they have changed recently, but that's not the way they have done it before. The entire Academy thing is a scam. Every club spreads out the payments to help families, but Madlax is the only one that puts you on the hook for 6 months of payment regardless of when you leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I can say it is that way now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, our friends got hassled this spring about leaving and had to threatened to sue to get their charge released. Those two guys are bag men fixing mistakes by the owner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not that way. My son left last fall, I told Cabell and there were no additional charges.

We tried the other clubs, and we think Madlax is the best by far. It is a bit more expensive, but worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not that way. My son left last fall, I told Cabell and there were no additional charges.

We tried the other clubs, and we think Madlax is the best by far. It is a bit more expensive, but worth it.

You left Madlax, then tried others, and Madlax is the best by far. LOL. Give me a break. Nobody believes this post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It could be true did you ask them who else they tried? The talk of some people who try to imply Madlax is not a top option for travel lacrosse is just so clear a smear campaign. We can debate if they are the best option but to imply they are not in the top three overall is just flat out wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Madlax roster 50 kids on a team. The 2020 and 2019 both have 50 kids on the roster. Looks like some parents are going to be pissed come tourney time. What a money grab!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Madlax roster 50 kids on a team. The 2020 and 2019 both have 50 kids on the roster. Looks like some parents are going to be pissed come tourney time. What a money grab!
Wrong. Find the Capital and MD/VA pages. Tons of new names on Capital.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It could be true did you ask them who else they tried? The talk of some people who try to imply Madlax is not a top option for travel lacrosse is just so clear a smear campaign. We can debate if they are the best option but to imply they are not in the top three overall is just flat out wrong.

Except nobody is saying that. Of the clubs that draw primarily from the DMV, it's obviously BW, Madlax and VLC are the three best.

Depending on the grade, Crabs and FCA are excellent, but obviously draw mostly beyond the DMV.

Don't be so paranoid. You sound like a Trump surrogate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are such a fool they have 50 names because they make two teams out of this list. The kids have had practices every Sunday the last two months. So soon they will be posting a top Capital team and a MD/VA team. If you look at the tournament schedule its the link next to the Roster link you looked at to count the 50 names. You will see where each team will be playing. And if you read the names you will see it has all of the Verbal commits from these teams on the list. They most likely will be missing one of the three tournaments. So to help you with the math each team should have a max of 25 kids but most likely 21 to 23 kids per team. And please observe the quality of the tournaments the top and bottom teams are attending because the bottom team will be playing in tournaments with other clubs top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are such a fool they have 50 names because they make two teams out of this list. The kids have had practices every Sunday the last two months. So soon they will be posting a top Capital team and a MD/VA team. If you look at the tournament schedule its the link next to the Roster link you looked at to count the 50 names. You will see where each team will be playing. And if you read the names you will see it has all of the Verbal commits from these teams on the list. They most likely will be missing one of the three tournaments. So to help you with the math each team should have a max of 25 kids but most likely 21 to 23 kids per team. And please observe the quality of the tournaments the top and bottom teams are attending because the bottom team will be playing in tournaments with other clubs top teams.
Looks like for 2020 that list is already posted. Interesting that their mvp for capital this past year is on VA/MD team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are such a fool they have 50 names because they make two teams out of this list. The kids have had practices every Sunday the last two months.

And you are the idiot who thinks this is a novel concept. All the other clubs have been doing this for years. Madlax used to just play weekly games in the fall. They finally wised up that families want practices, not meaningless games. Madlax probably would have kept doing this but realized they were helping NL by continuing to play in their league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are such a fool they have 50 names because they make two teams out of this list. The kids have had practices every Sunday the last two months.

And you are the idiot who thinks this is a novel concept. All the other clubs have been doing this for years. Madlax used to just play weekly games in the fall. They finally wised up that families want practices, not meaningless games. Madlax probably would have kept doing this but realized they were helping NL by continuing to play in their league.

So are you giving Madlax credit and telling people another reason they should play for them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like for 2020 that list is already posted. Interesting that their mvp for capital this past year is on VA/MD team.

All the roster for the Fall are posted under each team tab. And yes you are correct the MVP is on the lower team. This is just another point about Madlax that they put the best players on the field and on the top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax also has 2 dads who coach their own sons. Something you see in rec, not clubs. Not exactly what people are paying 2x for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax also has 2 dads who coach their own sons. Something you see in rec, not clubs. Not exactly what people are paying 2x for.

This guy again one of these two dads is the owner of the club. He has coached top private schools and played college lacrosse at a very high level.Madlax parents want the owner to coach their sons. The other Dad is a dad he has a decent resume but this is a little negative. But he is coaching a younger team that is not in the recruiting world yet. If he is still the coach when they hit the 8th/9th grade time frame your point will be very valid.Until then keep up the vague insults with very little information so they sound worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bruce M$$$$$$$

• Madlax Capital 2022 Head Coach 2016-Present
• Varsity Assistant Coach: St. Stephens & St. Agnes School (1991-1992)
• Varsity Head Coach: Centreville High School (1993-1994)
• Assistant Coach/Defensive Coordinator: Marymount University (1994-1998)
• Alexandria Lacrosse Club: Commissioner (2012-2014)
• Alexandria Lacrosse Club: Youth Coach (2007 – 2016)
• NVYLL AAA Champion (2010, 2013, 2014, 2015)
• St. Stephen's 1986
• University of Virginia 1990
This is the second dad coach he is speaking of does anyone want to bash his resume of coaching lacrosse for a 2022 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
doesnt stay in one spot too long...coincidence...i think NOT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you want to point that out. He was at the college for 4 years. Guessing he left when his older child was born or got to playing age. Then he was at Alex. lacrosse from 2007 to 2016. And anyone with kids knows you do not get to just coach high school and college lacrosse if it does not involve your children. I am guessing his day job pays the bills.
Or are you trying to say this coach has issues would you like to explain what your problem with him is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a classy response. Guess you felt like you had to say something (not sure why) and decided on something snarky.

I know the coach and my son has played for him for a number of years. He is a good coach (both in practices and games) and a good motivator. He also has a more than full time "day job" and coaches on the side because he enjoys it. Hard to imagine why you would or could find fault with this.

Like Reply Quote
Page 60 of 86 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard