BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 62 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If being proud of your kid is determined by what club lacrosse team he or she is on. That is insane.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good luck Blast and Express and don't sleep on Igloo

Ha. Go to sleep IGLOO. Weren't very competitive. They are not very deep. Starters gassed and no subbing. they don't appear any better than last year

Lost to Blast by two. And it seemed actually a lot closer. That's competitive. And, from what I hear, Blast parents are already complaining that the games are too close, the coaches aren't committed, the subbing is unfair, etc... . Good luck with that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All very talented kids with a few idiot parents. I'd rather be on the #3 team if it meant we had less parents that cared about being #1. Eventually The focus becomes only on winning and not making players better. That job gets passed on to The parents paying for additional training

I'm on my fourth kid in travel lacrosse. 91 from its beginning has been populated by low class knucklehead parents and that continues obviously. They are 9 - honestly feel bad for those kids.

No you don't, you are bitter that you are 0 - 4. I feel bad that your kids couldn't make an Orange team

I feel bad that someday your kid will be on the 4.25am train with his lunchpail - just like his old man!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo played well, nothing to be ashamed of. However, they played mostly Blast's 2nd and 3rd line. We had 4 starters who couldn't make it b/c of the short notice. Kids that normally would have seen less playing time got a bunch this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And igloo parents aren't all going nuts still from last year? You are all nuts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kids knew how ridiculous you all sound, they would be embarrased. Who gives a f**k, which 9 year old team is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo played well, nothing to be ashamed of. However, they played mostly Blast's 2nd and 3rd line. We had 4 starters who couldn't make it b/c of the short notice. Kids that normally would have seen less playing time got a bunch this weekend.

Stop making excuses. Signed another Blast parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the kids played well. Igloo, express and Blast. This is travel lacrosse. Playing time is earned by those who want it most. Sometimes they will shorten bench. Comes with playing travel anything. Its part of life and simple philosphy that teaches kids to work hard if they really want it. You guys calling each other names on here is a joke. Act like your kid is listening you. Set the right example. Parents are ones who make this more than it is. We all have talented kids who are lucky enough to play for these great travel clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the kids played well. Igloo, express and Blast. This is travel lacrosse. Playing time is earned by those who want it most. Sometimes they will shorten bench. Comes with playing travel anything. Its part of life and simple philosphy that teaches kids to work hard if they really want it. You guys calling each other names on here is a joke. Act like your kid is listening you. Set the right example. Parents are ones who make this more than it is. We all have talented kids who are lucky enough to play for these great travel clubs.

This is 4th grade. Every player should get almost equal time or they shouldn't have been selected. If a program is not developing ALL the players and sharing time it will hurt the program in the long run. I saw kids who played LP exclusively and never came off. None of them were dominant. Having a pole in your hand before 6th grade is a hindrance not an advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Starters at this age, really?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 4th grade. Every player should get almost equal time or they shouldn't have been selected. If a program is not developing ALL the players and sharing time it will hurt the program in the long run. I saw kids who played LP exclusively and never came off. None of them were dominant. Having a pole in your hand before 6th grade is a hindrance not an advantage.

I dont agree with equal playing time but that's my opinion. Doesnt mean anything. yes they are 9, but in any sport, you have to work hard and earn it. Every sport that does travel does it. Develop them in practice and training. Instill good work habits and if you want something go get it. Dont have them settle for it. If they want more time, work for it. My son is not a starter, but we use as motivation to get there. Not whine and [lacrosse] and complain. He is happy to play with friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop making excuses. Signed another Blast parent.

Troll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont agree with equal playing time but that's my opinion. Doesnt mean anything. yes they are 9, but in any sport, you have to work hard and earn it. Every sport that does travel does it. Develop them in practice and training. Instill good work habits and if you want something go get it. Dont have them settle for it. If they want more time, work for it. My son is not a starter, but we use as motivation to get there. Not whine and [lacrosse] and complain. He is happy to play with friends

Good post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Equal playing time is for PAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed

Equal playing time is for PAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has no business playing in A brackets unless they enjoy losing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They really have no choice since they are charging $3000 for the A experience

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Igloo is really a strong B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are insane. They just lost to blast in a tight game. They're a very good team. Idiots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are insane. They just lost to blast in a tight game. They're a very good team. Idiots.
Average at best. Blast, Geese and Channy all in a different class than Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop criticizing ALL these little guys who played their hearts out on Saturday in ridiculous conditions. The competition was good and exciting to watch. The only thing that puts a damper on it are the FEW idiots who come on here and post disparaging remarks about some pretty impressive kids all around. If you continue to feel the urge to bash other parents, start a new thread. Leave the kids out of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let me guess... Geese are the only true A team. Blast and Express are B+ and Igloo is a B team? You, my friend, are a moron.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you people realize how stupid you all sound. They are 9. Get lives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let me guess... Geese are the only true A team. Blast and Express are B+ and Igloo is a B team? You, my friend, are a moron.

There's only one team that has not lost to any of the above, face it and get use to it!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's only one team that has not lost to any of the above, face it and get use to it!!!

Stop living in the past. It's a new year. Geese are tops. Blast and Express are in a tie for second. Igloo is not far behind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol, yeah ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese daddies is an organizational issue Could here the talk now at work. Yea my sons team has lost to the Blast 4 straight times but we beat another team by more goals than they did so we have the best team. Oh nice what team is your son on? He plays on the Golden Geese! Reply: He plays on what?? The geese Pathetic. Express will continue to improve and leap frog the Geese

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed 100% and my kid doesn't play on any of these teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are chiming in for what reason? Have you studied the teams and games that your kid doesn't play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is 4th grade this all does not matter, why not just be respectful because a lot changes and you may become teammates down the road . just let the anger go and just enjoy watching your kids play lacrosse . last time I checked no one even remembers who won what game in 4th grade , wait until college coaches are on the sidelines you guys will never make it !!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are chiming in for what reason? Have you studied the teams and games that your kid doesn't play for?

I am chiming because I can. It is pretty clear which teams are tops so no need to study. Maybe your slow or something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is 4th grade this all does not matter, why not just be respectful because a lot changes and you may become teammates down the road . just let the anger go and just enjoy watching your kids play lacrosse . last time I checked no one even remembers who won what game in 4th grade , wait until college coaches are on the sidelines you guys will never make it !!!!!!!!!!

These people chirp on here because it is all anonymous. None would talk as much face to face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is chiming in because he is a troll. You taking time out of your day to respond to this garbage is what trolls want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is chiming in because he is a troll. You taking time out of your day to respond to this garbage is what trolls want.

And that is exactly what you just did. You are just as stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blast lost to Geese a few times two years ago. That doesn't matter? You're absolutely right. Just like last year doesn't matter. There are 4 teams breaking off from the rest this year. All are good; however, Geese are clearly the strongest club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, that's wrong and you know it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just keep thinking your Taz hold backs are going to make a difference. They aren't. You're second best until the summer when they go head to head. Deal with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who really gives a [lacrosse] who is the best at 9/10 years old ? You people get so hung up on who wins/ looses at this age?
I hate to break it to all you crazy lacrosse dads but you really don't want your kid to peak at this sport at fourth grade! This is a time to learn and grow. Enjoy your kids being a part of what I hope is a great program with hopefully great coaching. Keep the stick in the kids hands , let them make amazing memories along the way!!
Does it really matter ... a goose , an orange or a duck ?
Are they really playing the game they love? Are they making great friendships and learning life lessons along the way?
Yes it's great to win, everyone loves a winner and wants there kid to be a part of it but I can tell you this the bottom line is when and if your kid decides to continue this on a college level , those college coaches will not ask you who you played for in fourth grade or how many tShirts did you win? What they will ask you is how are your grades? Are you a good team player? Do you get along with other teammates?
Wake up people let your kid enjoy his childhood, let him make amazing friendships and memories along the way! And please stop bashing each other we are suppose to be teaching our kids life lessons but instead this has all turned into a bashing session of who's kid is better than the other's.

I have two boys in this sport one who is committed to play at a college level next year and has always been put on the B team, he has worked his [lacrosse] off to prove people wrong and I am so proud of him for that but most of all for what he has taught my fourth grader in return!

Always stay humble people because there is always a player worker harder out there to take your spot!

Enjoy your children and the game they love to play!!!

Best of luck to all the boys this season, may they all grow and learn on and off the field!

Sign very proudly a Geese mom!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goose mommy, maybe you should start with this sermon on your own sideline.

Maybe you can ask the moron goose poop mom who posts the scores of these games on her chalkboard to cut it out.

I get it. Do as I say, not as I do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or the crazy dad who stands at midfield screaming at his poor kid at the top of his lungs. Not saying your post is a bad one, it's actually very good. But you've got your fair share of looneys on the Geese sideline.

Page 10 of 62 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard