BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 44 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did 2021 make any upgrades to compete against M&D upcoming season.
we will see in 2 weeks during Fall fest in Hagerstown, MD at 8:00 on Saturday.

HUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might want to recheck your schedule. Yellowjackets not playing in Fall Fest.

1. I do not have a schedule.
2. I really do not care when two groups of little girls play lacrosse against each other.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. I really do not care when two groups of little girls play lacrosse against each other.

So you're a self confessed troll and the reason no one can take anything written on this site seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was a Skywalkers parent I assume. Skywalkers plays M&D 8am at Fall Fest. Guess they are feeling confident they will beat M&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're a self confessed troll and the reason no one can take anything written on this site seriously.

From an overly intense lax dad's perspective? Yes is the answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor parents, you will all learn soon enough the team results don't mean anything except for your own cocktail party bragging. In the bigger picture and focus on individual player recruiting, really meaningless.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor parents, you will all learn soon enough the team results don't mean anything except for your own cocktail party bragging. In the bigger picture and focus on individual player recruiting, really meaningless.

Sure, if you are only concerned about the end goal of getting an offer from a college. Hate to break it to you, but some of the girls actually enjoy playing with their friends and it means something to them to win as a team. Your daughter must have so much fun only playing for that 6k scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course it means something, but unfortunately it means a lot more to the parents than it ever will for the kids. The kids make friends and like playing with others they like, win lose or draw. They are off to the next event, party or sleepover while you are on here 6 months later playing the remember that game game.
I actually liked your post until you had to try and take an uneducated shot, which just makes you sadly what the normal is on here, and shows your level of ignorance.
But since you went there, yes my daughter is a D1 committ, earlier than it should of been but it is what it is, and for much much more than the 6k you stated. Great school, great team, great academics, great money. I'm good but thank you for your concern. But if that's what you're hearing is the potential for your daughter, then it kinda tells you exactly where she's slotted. Nothing wrong with that, many parents will realize some will commit just for the spot or admissions support, with not a penny in sight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, if you are only concerned about the end goal of getting an offer from a college. Hate to break it to you, but some of the girls actually enjoy playing with their friends and it means something to them to win as a team. Your daughter must have so much fun only playing for that 6k scholarship.

Dude...It's NOT a contest to see who's kid can get the most scholarship money, except to the YJ parents. All of the rest of us normal parents realize that the end goal is to get financial assistance so your kid can attend the college of her choice while also playing lacrosse. There is no professional lacrosse league for women so college lacrosse is the end-game. Why are you people so hung up on which school your kid attends? No normal parent or player really cares where your kid goes. All you YJ blow-hards can stand of your loud mouth sidelines and puff out your hairy chests and boast about which kid is going to a "good" school and which kids are not. The rest of us will watch the game and cheer on our kid's team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes the girls like playing with their friends and they want to win but the focus now switches to playing well in front of college coaches. The days of playing for a pink backpack or a shiny medal are over. Most of the tournaments now are showcases rather than playoff style tournaments. College coaches don't care if you win or lose. Nor do they care which program you play for. They are looking to see if your daughter is the right fit for their program. Next summer most of you 2021 parents will be hoping not to make playoffs so you can head home sooner than later. You're hoping you go 4-0 but lose in goal differential and head home happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True to a small extent. The very top teams win, attract by far the most coaches and recruit the most players to better academic and athletic schools. Can a great player from the worst team in the nation get recruited? I guess so, but the path becomes exponentially easier with the quality of the club/team you play for, and yes the best clubs win games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True to a small extent. The very top teams win, attract by far the most coaches and recruit the most players to better academic and athletic schools. Can a great player from the worst team in the nation get recruited? I guess so, but the path becomes exponentially easier with the quality of the club/team you play for, and yes the best clubs win games.

NICE. Also a lot more fun winning than losing .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone has a right to choose their own path, it is not always easy breaking into the roster on these top teams. Some kids may thrive as a big fish on a small team and are better off going that route. Top teams are not a good fit for everyone, but if you can be a productive member of an elite team, the path is much easier to recruitment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's only true if all things are equal. There are a number of teams that win, but where the environment is toxic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's only true if all things are equal. There are a number of teams that win, but where the environment is toxic.

Could you be more specific?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Toxicity is even more likely when a stud plays on a lesser team, the one man show wears heavily on the rest of the team and parents, even if the player makes an effort to include the rest. Elite teams are usually well balanced with great play coming from many players contributing. Any given team may be a great fit for one kid and a horrible fit for the next. The whole team contributing worked best for us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure. Specifically if you have to ask for specifics, your daughter is probably on one of those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure. Specifically if you have to ask for specifics, your daughter is probably on one of those teams.

Here's a thought, you had a kid on the top team but she was dropped? You now walk around talking behind everyone's back and will tell anyone who will listen how toxic the top team is? Is that specific enough?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a response. If I wanted to "walk around talking behind everyone's back" this would be the place to do it. In a dark corner of the internet on a forum where my name is "anonymous." Instead, you and your insecurities cannot handle the idea that somebody may simply be imparting a bit of gained wisdom and instead like a child you demand "specifics."

You may be role-playing for all I know, after all this is an anonymous forum. However, the insecure, overly-competitive, vicarious glory-seeking, and short-term self-satisfaction embracing people that I had in mind when I made the statement above regarding toxicity would have likely responded exactly how you did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a response. If I wanted to "walk around talking behind everyone's back" this would be the place to do it. In a dark corner of the internet on a forum where my name is "anonymous." Instead, you and your insecurities cannot handle the idea that somebody may simply be imparting a bit of gained wisdom and instead like a child you demand "specifics."

You may be role-playing for all I know, after all this is an anonymous forum. However, the insecure, overly-competitive, vicarious glory-seeking, and short-term self-satisfaction embracing people that I had in mind when I made the statement above regarding toxicity would have likely responded exactly how you did.

And that ball is outta here!

Parents. Ugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the new and improved TLC do today against Stars?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WARNING: M&D Dad checking out the competition. Proceed with caution.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to burst your bubble. M&D dads know what happened today as the game was going on next to ours and the parents were right next to us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to burst your bubble. M&D dads know what happened today as the game was going on next to ours and the parents were right next to us.

As if that would stop you from asking the question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares who is asking.......what were results of games/tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares who is asking.......what were results of games/tournament?

Well obviously this guy cares very much about M&D as they make that very apparent.

Stars beat TLC yesterday without much trouble after it was close early. M&D beat Stars and it was never close. There weren't a lot of well known teams at Young Guns yesterday and scores weren't posted so not sure how the rest went.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone care to comment on the Girls Lax Fall Clinic being held at the Syosset Sports Hub?
Quality Instructors?
Level of Talent?
worth the $$
We missed the first session which wraps up tomorrow, and are thinking about the second which starts in November..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So MD United is again not in the top bracket this weekend. How is it possible that they are never playing M&D, Skywalkers, Heros, etc in pool play? They basically get a free trip to the playoffs every time. Credit to C2 and whoever Style is for playing the top teams and not hiding week after week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So MD United is again not in the top bracket this weekend. How is it possible that they are never playing M&D, Skywalkers, Heros, etc in pool play? They basically get a free trip to the playoffs every time. Credit to C2 and whoever Style is for playing the top teams and not hiding week after week.

I agree with you and I've been saying this for years. The director is a marketer, not a lax coach. She has somehow gotten colleges to believe her club/team/players are better than others when, in fact, they are very mediocre. One of her 2017 players is (mysteriously, somehow) listed as a Player to Watch in one of the national lax publications but the girl is barely okay at best. Hype over substance I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you and I've been saying this for years. The director is a marketer, not a lax coach. She has somehow gotten colleges to believe her club/team/players are better than others when, in fact, they are very mediocre. One of her 2017 players is (mysteriously, somehow) listed as a Player to Watch in one of the national lax publications but the girl is barely okay at best. Hype over substance I guess.

You love bashing this club. what's up with that? Now you bash players from the club? Dude, get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately Style is a new program and is not properly place for this event. Going to be a long weekend. Great coaches and future for what they are trying to do, this weekend is about showing the girls what top level lacrosse looks like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy is right. MD United never plays anyone in these tournaments which I believe most people realize. With that said, it's not all about winning but rather getting your kids noticed. The question I think that should be open for debate is:

Would you rather have your daughter's team duck the competition and win a tournament to pad their stats or play against tougher competition where the chances of losing are greater, but whose games more coaches might tend to watch?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately Style is a new program and is not properly place for this event. Going to be a long weekend. Great coaches and future for what they are trying to do, this weekend is about showing the girls what top level lacrosse looks like.

There is nothing wrong with challenging yourself. Where are they out of?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Md United wins their bracket, they play the winner of the toughest bracket. Assuming that will be M&D, Md United will get a sense of where they currently stand. It looks like they put the strongest teams in this age group in one bracket. I would prefer that they spread the strong teams around so the weaker teams get challenged in pool play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Md United wins their bracket, they play the winner of the toughest bracket. Assuming that will be M&D, Md United will get a sense of where they currently stand. It looks like they put the strongest teams in this age group in one bracket. I would prefer that they spread the strong teams around so the weaker teams get challenged in pool play.

So you are saying that C2 and Style are better than MD United? MDU could have played M&D, Heros and Skywalkers if they were in that division instead of a bunch of B teams. It's the same every tournament with MDU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think he is saying C2 and Style are better than Maryland United, but rather they are willing to play in a tougher division at the expense of winning record.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying that C2 and Style are better than MD United? MDU could have played M&D, Heros and Skywalkers if they were in that division instead of a bunch of B teams. It's the same every tournament with MDU

Who cares what bracket a team plays in or what team wins championships? Just let the kids play, have fun, enjoy watching them, and cheer them on. Parents can be a PITA sometimes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think he is saying C2 and Style are better than Maryland United, but rather they are willing to play in a tougher division at the expense of winning record.

But also said they will see where they stand in playoffs..They could get a better sense playing all the better teams instead of whoever manages to win the division.

But they get to say they won their division and made the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't Maryland and the vicinity have there own thread? Jump on that.
Hijacking the entire thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm tired of this MD United thread too. The organization is not worthy of this much free press. When they beat a top tier team then we can reevaluate their worthiness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't Maryland and the vicinity have there own thread? Jump on that.
Hijacking the entire thread.

Yeah, discussing who the backup goalie is on igloo is much more interesting. When a LI team beats a MD team at this age let us know.

Page 15 of 44 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard