BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 44 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I will state that you need to review Bylaw 13.17.6 of the compliance guidelines. It specifically states that evaluations are not allowed during contact periods.

13.02.4.1 Contact Period. A contact period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to make in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations.

13.02.4.2 Evaluation Period. An evaluation period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to be involved in off-campus activities designed to assess the academic qualifications and playing ability of prospective student-athletes. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall be made with the prospective student-athlete during an evaluation period.

You are wrong. I don't know why you keep going at this. There are specific rules for Womens lacrosse about contact periods. For them to watch a game it has to be a school game or the event has to be located at the player's school.

13.1.7.3.1 Evaluations During Contact Periods—Women’s Lacrosse. Evaluations of live athletics
activities during a contact period shall be limited to: [D] (Adopted: 4/8/16 effective 9/1/16)
(a) Regularly scheduled high school, preparatory school and two-year college contests/tournaments and
practices; and
(b) Regular scholastic activities involving prospective students-athletes enrolled only at the institution
where the regular scholastic activities occur.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I concur. The girls are playing at this age for a shot at being recruited. Fall tournaments are much more important than recreational league games because of the number of colleges coaches attending these events.

College coaches aren't watching 2021's this fall. They will in the summer, but not this fall.

Sorry to break this to you but college coaches will not be recruiting the class of 2021 this fall. They will be recruiting only the top 1-2 % of the class. Everyone else will have to wait . The top 1 or 2 studs and I mean complete players will get noticed this fall. The coaches will have them on their radar for next summer and by the end of the summer a couple in the entire age group will give verbals. Next fall will be important for the next level of athlete. This will only stay this way if the NCAA doesn't shut the whole thing down and make them wait till their junior year. If you think the sidelines at this falls tournaments will be three deep with coaches at 2021 games you will be disappointed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I concur. The girls are playing at this age for a shot at being recruited. Fall tournaments are much more important than recreational league games because of the number of colleges coaches attending these events.

College coaches aren't watching 2021's this fall. They will in the summer, but not this fall.

Sorry to break this to you but college coaches will not be recruiting the class of 2021 this fall. They will be recruiting only the top 1-2 % of the class. Everyone else will have to wait . The top 1 or 2 studs and I mean complete players will get noticed this fall. The coaches will have them on their radar for next summer and by the end of the summer a couple in the entire age group will give verbals. Next fall will be important for the next level of athlete. This will only stay this way if the NCAA doesn't shut the whole thing down and make them wait till their junior year. If you think the sidelines at this falls tournaments will be three deep with coaches at 2021 games you will be disappointed.

No-one said anything about a plethora of them at 2021 games, just that it is a recruiting event, or is marketed as one. You people will find anything to fight about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in the fight, but the general premise was girls in this age group are playing this fall for the shot of being recruited.
When someone trys to educate on here, they almost immediately get slammed.
Hate to break the news but if as a parent you are running around this fall with the hope your 2021 is going to catch the eye of a coach, you'd be sadly mistaken.
Right now the focus is on the top 2020's, notice the word top,
2021's your time will come, but in general if a coach happens to be on a sideline it's either for a general sense of a club team at the age or they've been tipped to a particular individual and are evaluating her only.
And if someone is promoting a tourney as a recruiting event in October, they're only hoping for exactly what some reactions on here are, let's go we'll gladly hand over our $$.
Evaluations this fall at club tournaments can only take place in November. And the evaluations will take place primarily for 2020's for the top schools and 2019's for those not in the top 20-40, or the top schools looking to fill out the 2019 recruiting class. [lacrosse] even 2018's are still being recruited. 2021's may have a shot at being identified but that's about it.
Relax, don't rush it, it will all happen soon enough. And hopefully for you it will all slow down. Your daughter right now has zero capacity to properly think thru and choose what a college choice and decision may be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is what you may see in the 2021 sidelines. I know my daughter has caught the attention of several college coaches at the camps and clinics and they asked for fall ball schedules to come see her play. The coaches that show up on side line will be there looking at certain kids of interest. They will be scouting other kids on the team for sure as well. Not sure you will see the coaches scouting teams without a reason to be there, like you will for 2020, 2019.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is what you may see in the 2021 sidelines. I know my daughter has caught the attention of several college coaches at the camps and clinics and they asked for fall ball schedules to come see her play. The coaches that show up on side line will be there looking at certain kids of interest. They will be scouting other kids on the team for sure as well. Not sure you will see the coaches scouting teams without a reason to be there, like you will for 2020, 2019.

You must be so proud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly another example of the hype machine. Just so you know, coaches already know the schedules of each fall tourney. And they already know the girls and/or clubs they would potentially be interested in pulling from first pass. So they can pull the schedule just as easily as you can send it.
It's a standard line.
You know when you truly have interest? It's when the coach says: don't worry about sending me your schedule, she's on our radar, we already know where she will be and we will be watching. That's interest.
Send me your schedule? Ok, and I'll be sure to put it right next to the 1000 emails with everyone else's schedule.
Whomever told that to you 2021 Mom/Dad, you bought right in. The reality is that comment, while a rising 8th grader is at their camp or clinic, is only designed to get you to keep coming back and/or donating to the asst coach salary pool or the team trip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly another example of the hype machine. Just so you know, coaches already know the schedules of each fall tourney. And they already know the girls and/or clubs they would potentially be interested in pulling from first pass. So they can pull the schedule just as easily as you can send it.
It's a standard line.
You know when you truly have interest? It's when the coach says: don't worry about sending me your schedule, she's on our radar, we already know where she will be and we will be watching. That's interest.
Send me your schedule? Ok, and I'll be sure to put it right next to the 1000 emails with everyone else's schedule.
Whomever told that to you 2021 Mom/Dad, you bought right in. The reality is that comment, while a rising 8th grader is at their camp or clinic, is only designed to get you to keep coming back and/or donating to the asst coach salary pool or the team trip.

Wow. You people are miserable. Stick your head in the sand, you only want to hear what you want. So here you go...... Coaches are not looking at any 2021s this year. They are not allowed, it is too soon. There will be not a one looking at any 2021s this fall. Does that cover it? Just cause your in denial does not mean you have any clue what you are talking about. Good luck regardless, try to stick to something you know about, clearly not the case here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a standard line.

Wow. You people are miserable. Stick your head in the sand, you only want to hear what you want. So here you go...... Coaches are not looking at any 2021s this year. They are not allowed, it is too soon. There will be not a one looking at any 2021s this fall. Does that cover it? Just cause your in denial does not mean you have any clue what you are talking about. Good luck regardless, try to stick to something you know about, clearly not the case here.

Have you talked to any college coaches? They are just starting to offer 2020s in most cases. There is a reason that in the case of the Mid-Atlantic, the 2021's aren't at the same location with the 20's or the 19's. You think coaches are going to be hanging out at Owings Mills High School instead of watching the high school girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a standard line.

Have you talked to any college coaches? They are just starting to offer 2020s in most cases. There is a reason that in the case of the Mid-Atlantic, the 2021's aren't at the same location with the 20's or the 19's. You think coaches are going to be hanging out at Owings Mills High School instead of watching the high school girls?

Stick your head in the sand, you only want to hear what you want. So here you go...... Coaches are not looking at any 2021s this year. They are not allowed, it is too soon. There will be not a one looking at any 2021s this fall.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick your head in the sand, and hear what you only want to hear.
Ready?

There will be at least 200 girls in the 2021 class recruited and committed by the end of this fall. In fact the 2021's are so phenomenal that word on the street is they are bypassing the 2020 class just so they can start looking at the 2021's. College coaches don't care that they are still trying to fill out their 18,19 and 20 classes, 2021 is where it's at. And they'll be at tourneys in October. Feel better now?

I'm not miserable, I'm just trying to help. But you are in denial, and only want to hear that recruiting will happen in general for an 8th grade girl and class. Does it happen, sure. Sparingly and for a select number.
But if you honestly think that the 2021's are being evaluated as a whole this fall, you need help. And you're the poster child for why this nonsense has to stop and why the kids are too young to be recruited until Junior year - that and the fact the majority of parents are too delusional about the kids and immature about the process

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look in the mirror when you say the stick your head in the sand comment.
As much as the timelines have escalated, the mad rush is on right now for the 2020's.
Will identification happen for 2021's, sure that is possible. But there is a big difference between identification and recruitment.
I'll leave you with a tip for the day. When you receive an email asking your daughter to attend a camp this fall or winter, she is not being recruited. But I'm sure you'll go into the office telling anyone and everyone that your 8th grader is.
The goal of a 2021 right now should be on playing the game, getting constructive feedback on how to improve her game and working to improve her skills, and selectively attending the clinics or camps where either there may be some interest in the school or an opportunity where she may actually learn something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look in the mirror when you say the stick your head in the sand comment.
As much as the timelines have escalated, the mad rush is on right now for the 2020's.
Will identification happen for 2021's, sure that is possible. But there is a big difference between identification and recruitment.
I'll leave you with a tip for the day. When you receive an email asking your daughter to attend a camp this fall or winter, she is not being recruited. But I'm sure you'll go into the office telling anyone and everyone that your 8th grader is.
The goal of a 2021 right now should be on playing the game, getting constructive feedback on how to improve her game and working to improve her skills, and selectively attending the clinics or camps where either there may be some interest in the school or an opportunity where she may actually learn something.

While I agree w you on most parts the fact that the timeline moves younger each year does indicate that 2021 will be getting looked at and recruited more so this fall than ever before . Many of the top schools have identified their top 10 or so 2020 kids they want and will now be starting on their 2021 top 10 . They do not wait until they are completely done with any age group before they move on to the next .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the logic in the comments, but regardless of how early the timeline has shifted it's still too early for a 2021, in general.
The 2020 dominoes have yet to fall and until they do, that will be the focus. Sure the top programs have identified and reached out to the 2020's. Visits have happened, some offers have been made, but the rush will be on the 202'0's this fall into early summer when colleges narrow their focus and round their class. But before they move on to the 2021's, they'll focus on wave 2 of the 2020's first. [lacrosse] some of the top programs are still rounding out their 2019 class waiting on offers of acceptance.
You'll see a more active period in the spring and summer. The question is how escalated it will be? Do teams rush to get the cream of the crop 2021's before the deadline, or do they take a break and say stop the madness, let's settle down and see the effect of slowing the timeline down.
Most coaches will tell you they want the slowdown.
When you read some of the comments on here, it can leave a 2021 parent with the impression that they are behind, somehow missing out on opportunities others have, when the exact opposite is true.
But according to Mr. head in the sand, I don't know anything.
Notice I haven't said a word about my daughter, when I easily could. Don't need to, you can all form your own opinion of who knows what.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the logic in the comments, but regardless of how early the timeline has shifted it's still too early for a 2021, in general.
The 2020 dominoes have yet to fall and until they do, that will be the focus. Sure the top programs have identified and reached out to the 2020's. Visits have happened, some offers have been made, but the rush will be on the 202'0's this fall into early summer when colleges narrow their focus and round their class. But before they move on to the 2021's, they'll focus on wave 2 of the 2020's first. [lacrosse] some of the top programs are still rounding out their 2019 class waiting on offers of acceptance.
You'll see a more active period in the spring and summer. The question is how escalated it will be? Do teams rush to get the cream of the crop 2021's before the deadline, or do they take a break and say stop the madness, let's settle down and see the effect of slowing the timeline down.
Most coaches will tell you they want the slowdown.
When you read some of the comments on here, it can leave a 2021 parent with the impression that they are behind, somehow missing out on opportunities others have, when the exact opposite is true.
But according to Mr. head in the sand, I don't know anything.
Notice I haven't said a word about my daughter, when I easily could. Don't need to, you can all form your own opinion of who knows what.

Nicely stated. Seems logical to me, and very much in line with what I am hearing from friends with kids in the 2019, 2020 classes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Bert taking over the top team next summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, the queen bee is, the other coach got pregnant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 2021 make any upgrades to compete against M&D upcoming season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ILD is probing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ILD is probing.

Please stop with the "ILD" comments. It wasn't that clever the first time and gets more annoying each time you write it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, all the best girls on LI were in attendance. Some used fictisous names and wore disguises. Girls in green wished to remain anynomous it had nothing to do with being a returning player. My guess is they will have enough talent for two top teams to compete in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ILD is probing.

Please stop with the "ILD" comments. It wasn't that clever the first time and gets more annoying each time you write it.

Ok ILD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ILD is probing.

Ditto.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ILD is probing.

Ditto.

What's really ironic, but lost I guess on this poster, is that he/she is always on here criticizing others whom they deem "intense". Pot let me introduce you to the kettle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ILD is probing.

No. We will not stop. And it was never intended to be clever.

ILD will be called out on every appearance. Deal with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ILD is probing.

Agreed. Trying to figure out who is the Most Annoying Anonymous Poster, that would be (M.A.A.P.) for all you acronym fans out there.
The nominees are......

This "ILD" person
jealous of "West Hampton" poster
"Thugball" weenie

Cast your votes......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New goalie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New goalie

YJ already had a great goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New goalie

Now they have two good ones. DELETED. The team will have 2 very good goalies to go along with the 28 girls roster.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Don't be stupid
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ILD is probing.

Agreed. Trying to figure out who is the Most Annoying Anonymous Poster, that would be (M.A.A.P.) for all you acronym fans out there.
The nominees are......

This "ILD" person
"Thugball" weenie

Cast your votes......

I vote Thugball weenie. ILD is boring because half the posters on here don't even know what it means. LOL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ILD is probing.

The nominees are......

This "ILD" person
"Thugball" weenie

Cast your votes......

M.A.A.P. ILD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
might be the funniest edit reason to date. Thanks for the laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New goalie

Agreed, now they have 2 great ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
might be the funniest edit reason to date. Thanks for the laugh

Ditto.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we will see in 2 weeks during Fall fest in Hagerstown, MD at 8:00 on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question was in reference to YJ 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will be tough since YJ not attending that event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might want to recheck your schedule. Yellowjackets not playing in Fall Fest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will be tough since YJ not attending that event.

Will be even tougher since rosters don't come out until December.

Page 14 of 44 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard