BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 144 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we keep this about the Express, and leave the Outlaws out of this thread. Dont they have their own thread on here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they only had 5 2020 kids last year they have to start from scratch this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding of the Express program, was that ALL of the resources went into the Orange program, and if you don't make Orange it isn't worth it. I think that may explain why they get so many kids at tryouts, but not that many kids hang around to fill out the Blue team and any others

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell the kids Will Manny form U MAss necer made Express Orange plenty of opportunities with Blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws will have 2 2020 Teams

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again this is the express thread, no one on here really cares what the outlaws are doing and how many teams they have. Take it over to their thread if they have one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the invites for 2016 go out already?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard they did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did email invites go out or calls for both 2017 and 2016?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did email invites go out or calls for both 2017 and 2016?

nothing went out yet

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your e mails

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why did emails go out...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If any of you had listened to MC invites are going out Fri
Hold your water if you are that concerned you are probably not getting on the team you think!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay tuned- many talking about new model for Express may be a mega team of 42-46 players. This was conversation had first with 2018 and now 2017. You may get email "congrats you made THE TEAM" and have no idea the team is 40 something kids. Top kids play A, bottom play B, and the middle have to find their way each week. Great business move- all the kids/families feel obligated to do every paid workout and clinic to prove their worth, captive business. Just talk- I guess find out soon enough if any truth to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay tuned- many talking about new model for Express may be a mega team of 42-46 players. This was conversation had first with 2018 and now 2017. You may get email "congrats you made THE TEAM" and have no idea the team is 40 something kids. Top kids play A, bottom play B, and the middle have to find their way each week. Great business move- all the kids/families feel obligated to do every paid workout and clinic to prove their worth, captive business. Just talk- I guess find out soon enough if any truth to it.

Great post! Ive heard this as well, great way to keep the bubble kids from looking elsewhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a very poor business decision. It may keep players for this year (because all the other try-outs are completed), but all of the kids will know that they are on a A team or a B team. What kid that played A would come back next year of they moved him to B tournament team??? Not mine for sure.

All of the top players will move to 91, Team LI, fl$...they will go where they know after try-outs-if they are on an A or a B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If My kid makes the "TEAM", I will want to know if He made "A", "B", or MIDDLE based on the try out. If he is Middle or B and I can play A for some of the other organizations out there, I may not accept the TEAM invite. I they don't Tell me where my son placed, I'm running for the hills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's Orange or nothing for my kid. They will have you in the hub 5 days a week.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ = Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although every parent thinks they have a Paul Rabil, I would imagine a bell curve distibution with 10 solid "A"s, 10 Solid "B"s, and 20 Middle players whose talent will be somewhat equal and on any given week they will play "A" or"B". If you think there is politics and smoozing with the old model, wait till you see these parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These other teams also move kids around throughout the year even if they don't say so up front. Some say that you MUST be at a tryout and then new kids sprinkle in as the year goes along. All of these teams are about putting on the best show so they can attract the best kids going forward and the most kids at a tryout. The tryouts are a huge money maker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a very poor business decision. It may keep players for this year (because all the other try-outs are completed), but all of the kids will know that they are on a A team or a B team. What kid that played A would come back next year of they moved him to B tournament team??? Not mine for sure.

All of the top players will move to 91, Team LI, fl$...they will go where they know after try-outs-if they are on an A or a B team.
I wonder if they are concidering how they will be jerking the kids around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder if they are concidering how they will be jerking the kids around.
instead of consoling Johnny once a year for not making the Orange team, you can do it every other week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's Orange or nothing for my kid. They will have you in the hub 5 days a week.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ = Express.

You are correct. Our son has been with the orange for past three years, they do this we are gone from the express. TB here we come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is this MANY you talk about? I think your making this crap up. Express would be fools if they did that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

spot on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have had boys play for A teams at the town and the select team levels. In the 10 years i have been schlepping them around to fields, they have learned a bunch and for that I am thankful.

That said, if a team tells my kid he is one of forty there is no way i would shell out $2500. As a matter of fact--for all the B team parents--you are crazy to shell out that money and not get top of the line coaching. each of you has a town team with a parent coach that provides the same experience and training. you are better off paying a colloge kid from hofstra or stony brook for one on one training than you are giving one of these teams $2500 so your kid can wear the uniform...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
emails are out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
emails are out , wait until you see what they are charging !
good luck!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If My kid makes the "TEAM", I will want to know if He made "A", "B", or MIDDLE based on the try out. If he is Middle or B and I can play A for some of the other organizations out there, I may not accept the TEAM invite. I they don't Tell me where my son placed, I'm running for the hills.
. if my kid is one of the middle kids, I want complete transparency and know his ranking on a weekly basis relative to everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. if my kid is one of the middle kids, I want complete transparency and know his ranking on a weekly basis relative to everyone else.

Transparency. Yeah okay. Maybe if you say please. $2400.........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got Email. Made 2016 Wolverine Team Anyone know which team that is???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Transparency? LMAO, you got the wrong organization

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
new to express...which team is the 2017 piranhas?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if all emails went out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Piranhas no longer exist, most of the team left to go elsewhere

Do a search, you will learn a lot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be the Blue team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone layout the Piranah Wolverine --- anything other animals pecking order.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 Piranhas were an Express team last year. Talented kids that were doing well and on the rise. Look back in thread and you can find the history of what happened. Most of these kids that made the "Piranhas" team are now gone and will play for another organization.

My guess, in using the name Piranhas, is to capitalize on the success of the former team so you think your son will be part of something good.

The team is gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is the 2020 Hammerheads actually the Orange team from last year? And is there anything to the "Megateam" rumor?

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 144 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard