BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 62 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great tournament over the weekend. All the boys played well. Was talking to a couple parents with a kids on MC's team. So far not happy with the playing time their kids are getting or his coaching. 1 or 2 considering jumping back to Oreilly's team. Could be interesting come spring.

I heard Geese parents talking on the sidelines of the Express game about the exact same thing ( uneven playing time) and how they were sick of it and done with it, etc. They were commiserating with each other on the topic. This is not an Express issue this what happens in a competitive environment.

Sad to hear during Fall tournaments for 9 year olds.....on one hand I feel bad because the kids should be getting an opportunity, but on the other hand, parents need to put their kids in what situations will be the best for them. You need to be objective....dare I say that some kids may be better suited and benefit more by playing (not riding the bench) on a 2nd level team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately this is true for all "A" level clubs, they are much more concerned with winning games then trying to develop your son. But by having your son play on one of these teams he will be practicing ( and playing if the coach puts him in ) with better players. By playing with better lacrosse players and athletes your son will get much better if he puts in the effort. Keep in mind that these travel teams are all in business to make money ( lots of it ), to them winning will draw more kids to their programs which will make them even richer. That's ultimately what they are all concerned with even the smaller club teams, don't let them fool you by telling you otherwise.

True that - there is no altruism in travel lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure blast would have even been top 4 in 2024 B today. Well they tried and now they know.
They need to stick to 4th great brackets. Express, ESM, Millon, Pequ, & Greenwich all would have been similar outcomes for Blast. Gotta blame the coaches on this one. Wanted to test the kids and it totally backfired.

It did. Twitter awfully quiet. And time for the girls to play with the girls team, although they didn't look too good last week at SB. Just a big mess of average at best players. Team is in need of a few studs to turn them around.
all you could see in those games was the defense and they barely switched lines. The most popular defensive move was hitting in the head.

Am I getting this right? You are saying the 2025 kids were playing too rough, If that's the case wait until you play against Taz and Pack they both play very tough D. You are clearly a new lax parent.

Not new. Rough is a given in a contact sport, but when the only defensive move you see is wacking in the head, it is clear they don't know how to play defense. There is a difference between good lacrosse and dirty lacrosse and I've been around travel lacrosse for too long. It was like watching one kid and his only defensive move was wacking in the head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great tournament over the weekend. All the boys played well. Was talking to a couple parents with a kids on MC's team. So far not happy with the playing time their kids are getting or his coaching. 1 or 2 considering jumping back to Oreilly's team. Could be interesting come spring.

I agree will be interesting to watch
Can't see MC letting any kids go back to O'Reilly in season.

Agreed. Never happen. It's not the parent's decision.

Really? That is ridiculous to say. I am pretty sure the parents are paying for their kids to play lacrosse, not MC. As a parent, I will decide what is best for my kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? That is ridiculous to say. I am pretty sure the parents are paying for their kids to play lacrosse, not MC. As a parent, I will decide what is best for my kid.

As a parent you have 2 choices. Pay for the team he made, or don't. You will never have any say in what team he plays for. That thought process is moronic. If you're not happy with playing time, by all means pull him from the team (no refunds will ever be given though).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. Most want the aura of A teams and then complain their child never plays

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I heard Blast picked up a few new players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent you have 2 choices. Pay for the team he made, or don't. You will never have any say in what team he plays for. That thought process is moronic. If you're not happy with playing time, by all means pull him from the team (no refunds will ever be given though).

Point is as a parent I still have choices you fool. Do you know for fact no refunds will be given? Yup, didnt think so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MC will definitely let them go to O'Reilly. Otherwise he loses a paying customer. What does he care which team the kid plays for, especially if he's not playing him. A check is a check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure blast would have even been top 4 in 2024 B today. Well they tried and now they know.
They need to stick to 4th great brackets. Express, ESM, Millon, Pequ, & Greenwich all would have been similar outcomes for Blast. Gotta blame the coaches on this one. Wanted to test the kids and it totally backfired.

It did. Twitter awfully quiet. And time for the girls to play with the girls team, although they didn't look too good last week at SB. Just a big mess of average at best players. Team is in need of a few studs to turn them around.
all you could see in those games was the defense and they barely switched lines. The most popular defensive move was hitting in the head.

Am I getting this right? You are saying the 2025 kids were playing too rough, If that's the case wait until you play against Taz and Pack they both play very tough D. You are clearly a new lax parent.

Not new. Rough is a given in a contact sport, but when the only defensive move you see is wacking in the head, it is clear they don't know how to play defense. There is a difference between good lacrosse and dirty lacrosse and I've been around travel lacrosse for too long. It was like watching one kid and his only defensive move was wacking in the head.

Waaaahhhhh. Games had minimal penalties, stop crying you big baby.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard Blast picked up a few new kids. Or did they just keep same team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Id love to watch your above average son play. What team is he on ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same team plus 1 midfield 2 defenders. All look promising but need some time to integrate better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yippie ... what the [lacrosse] does that mean anyway? Almost every team picked up at least a few new players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same team plus 1 midfield 2 defenders. All look promising but need some time to integrate better.

They needed to cut some then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yippie ... what the [lacrosse] does that mean anyway? Almost every team picked up at least a few new players.

This person was just asking a question you bitter fool. What is the matter with you??? Catch your wife with the mailman again?? BTW how does he taste??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girls are very talented and any other team would be happy to have them.We are one of them. Express and Geese have very good teams that will be in a lot more finals this year. Parents were all polite on the sidelines and it was a great day of lax. It is a shame the anonymity provided here turns some people into idiots that feel the need to speak on behalf of the whole team. So going forward Blast Geese , Express and eventually Igloo parents know that the few posters on here no matter what team do not represent the majority of the parents .

I agree with this poster. Ive had some really nice conversations with the parents of these teams. Sure, most every team has one pyscho screaming on the sideline but they're the exception not the rule. They are probably the same jackasses in here oozing stupidity. Aside from them, there are some really nice people in this age bracket. Hope everyone has a great year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. Was just asking a question. And yes most clubs pick up players every year. I was just asking because as they won everything last year and didn't know if they did or would. But thanks for hostile answer. Maybe your son made B team again I'm thinking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah there are a couple of real crazies in here and more than a few trolls who don't even have kids in the age group and just like to stir the pot. Best thing to do is ignore them both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blast and Channy at Blatant...Where's the Geese?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blast just entered today!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese played and won 2 tournaments in 6 days. Blast turned down both of those invites .They would not be there this week if geese were there. The parents won't be happy unless they win. Some of the Express kids were on the team that beat Blast twice in this same tournament so it won't be easy. Their will be more tryouts coming if they don't get through this weekend unscathed . Hopefully for all involved it is a positive outcome and you don't have to deal with anymore craziness trying to please the 9Done gods

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You might be shocked to hear this, but the kids play were the coaches enter them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So blast beats Geese(joke of a name) 5 straight times but they are scared of them ? Yeah you don't beat a team that many times in a row and be "scared" of them. Someone's Daddy doesn't like the truth. 5straight is a good body of work. Geese lolol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some troll is trying to stir the pot. Don't take the bait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So blast beats Geese(joke of a name) 5 straight times but they are scared of them ? Yeah you don't beat a team that many times in a row and be "scared" of them. Someone's Daddy doesn't like the truth. 5straight is a good body of work. Geese lolol

Really? 5 Straight Times? When were the 5 times? They only faced each other in 3 games last season. Please name the 5 times, I have to hear this one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goose hiding this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goose hiding this week.

Maybe they are flying south to play real talent!! You sure are not going to find it in Huntington!! HAHAHA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH MY GOD PEOPLE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT 4TH GRADERS! GET A [lacrosse] GRIP! You parents are an embarrassment to your players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of the wins were accomplished playing 13 kids against 22 which isn't too hard to do at this age. You should thank the Geese because if they didn't beat up on the Blast the year before you would have never got JS attention. Columbus Day was an invitation that wasn't accepted .They only like to play on their terms. Worry about the weekend with Express and Igloo in a tournament you can't control the scheduling or posting of the real final scores. Maybe this year your head coach will show up to the tournament .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point. I do believe most of the troll posts are planted by people that have an interest in driving traffic on to the site

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH MY GOD PEOPLE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT 4TH GRADERS! GET A [lacrosse] GRIP! You parents are an embarrassment to your players.

And its the same nonsense over and over..."We" are better than you. Your team is scared of "Us".
Dad....you are not playing, get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade lacrosse you pathetic clowns

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let is go dad, they lost all summer games a few months ago. Let it go. Go 3 and 1, or, 4 and 0 this summer, then after the summer ,come back on this site and people may listen. Saying it now, just makes you sound like a sad daddy, who can't get over the fact that his sons 9 year old team got beat. Get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's just trolls and a pycho or two. Just ignore it. It's not real Blast or Geese parents. Or at least not a parent that either team wants. Just leave it alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Ice playing in anything?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ice doesn't have enough boys to do anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Ice playing in anything?

That team is folding, not enough kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese deserve a week off.not gonna play every tourney

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New year, Blastard. You can't judge by the prior year. I'm sure they will meet a few more times since Blast will likely never play up again after being exposed last week.

Page 8 of 62 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard