BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 264 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am blue collar on the North side of town, it's called working with your kid in the back yard, going to burns doing 4 or 5 buckets of balls, push ups, sit ups, sprints, all free. Determination, hard work and talent will get you a D1 player, Money will get u on Express A team, sitting on the bench.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
the real question not be answered on here and it is the only important question that needs to be answered is who has the best pizza and the best bagels?

Exactly....

Time to get Pequa and Syosset back in the mix...!!!

Huntington has awesome pizza: Gino's and Portofino.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am blue collar on the North side of town, it's called working with your kid in the back yard, going to burns doing 4 or 5 buckets of balls, push ups, sit ups, sprints, all free. Determination, hard work and talent will get you a D1 player, Money will get u on Express A team, sitting on the bench.

Are you north of Sunrise? North of the RR tracks? North of Montauk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset has better pizza AND lax Plandome road has at least 2 superior joints

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I said is that most D1 lacrosse rosters are loaded with kids from prep schools and wealthy neighborhoods. Look at almost every ACC roster and see how many players are prep school kids. Majority of roster

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Words like people of privilege is liberal nonsense. Use the right words, rich and poor. Sorry if you don't like it but lacrosse is a sport of the wealthy. Always has been always will be. Look at every roster on the big name D1 schools. All rich kids, oops sorry Hillary, people of privilege.

This is true in most places, though less true on Long Island and in Upstate New [lacrosse].

Blue towns have closed the gap - but lax ( esp boys) is still ruled by the yuppies
Dads on sidelines standing in loafers with no socks - freshly ironed polo shirts, shorts with alama mater visors covering the receding hair line reminiscing about back in the day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Words like people of privilege is liberal nonsense. Use the right words, rich and poor. Sorry if you don't like it but lacrosse is a sport of the wealthy. Always has been always will be. Look at every roster on the big name D1 schools. All rich kids, oops sorry Hillary, people of privilege.

This is true in most places, though less true on Long Island and in Upstate New [lacrosse].

Blue towns have closed the gap - but lax ( esp boys) is still ruled by the yuppies
Dads on sidelines standing in loafers with no socks - freshly ironed polo shirts, shorts with alama mater visors covering the receding hair line reminiscing about back in the day

That is so true, and hysterical! Love the receding hairline part!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As opposed to the heroes in the sleeveless black tshirt gym shorts and those awesome New Balance sneakers. Don't forget the Oakley orange shades and the kicking pony tail. Yeah that look is a winner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I said is that most D1 lacrosse rosters are loaded with kids from prep schools and wealthy neighborhoods. Look at almost every ACC roster and see how many players are prep school kids. Majority of roster

This is true.

But there are still many kids from "regular" towns in Upstate NY and from here on Long Island. There are plenty of D1 players who aren't from Garden City / Manhasset / CSH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep coming back to this thread hoping that the conversation turns away from the socioeconomics of the lacrosse community

God, grant me the serenity to accept threads I cannot change,
Courage to posts the things I can,
And wisdom to know GC is better than WI.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen brother

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true.

But there are still many kids from "regular" towns in Upstate NY and from here on Long Island. There are plenty of D1 players who aren't from Garden City / Manhasset / CSH.

Of course there are, but even those students from Md, California, Florida, and Texas are prep school kids and every roster has an IMG graduate now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My grad 2019 son has committed to a top 20 school. The program lists their commits and he is one of only 3 kids not coming from a prep school/academy in 2017/2018/2019. Just a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true.

Of course there are, but even those students from Md, California, Florida, and Texas are prep school kids and every roster has an IMG graduate now.

Of course they are. No other way they could get recruited other than repeating 9th grade in private. Only way to compete against LI public kids is to play down a year or two. These kids all get their asses handed to them when they play on age. Parents then realize, holy crap "my kid is not so good". So at 14 they play against 12 year olds to get noticed... At the moment it's working. However, many of these kids are not competing well, or panning out at the next level. You'll see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset has better pizza AND lax Plandome road has at least 2 superior joints

Let's remember..

This past spring, Manhasset lost to the team, that lost to the team, that lost to the team that won the NYS Championship. I guess that means there good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My grad 2019 son has committed to a top 20 school. The program lists their commits and he is one of only 3 kids not coming from a prep school/academy in 2017/2018/2019. Just a fact.

Let's hear it for affirmative action!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep coming back to this thread hoping that the conversation turns away from the socioeconomics of the lacrosse community

Wow! You are setting the bar pretty low with that boast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOl...Not this year Scotty's got some ringers coming up..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! You are setting the bar pretty low with that boast.

it was meant as a joke, but, being better then WI is setting the bar pretty high IMHO, great great lacrosse tradition. This was a lacrosse statement nothing to do with your flatulence oops i'm sorry your affluence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true.

Of course they are. No other way they could get recruited other than repeating 9th grade in private. Only way to compete against LI public kids is to play down a year or two. These kids all get their asses handed to them when they play on age. Parents then realize, holy crap "my kid is not so good". So at 14 they play against 12 year olds to get noticed... At the moment it's working. However, many of these kids are not competing well, or panning out at the next level. You'll see.

I don't buy that argument. My son has played against kids from all over the country and the vast majority are on age. I keep hearing this argument but not seeing it in person at multiple tournaments. And before it is asked, the question is usually answered by the parents in casual conversation, i.e. little Johnny has a birthday coming up and he's going to be XX years old. An I am from LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, ringers or not, WI doesnt get anywhere near the Suffolk championship. Ward Melville and Smithtown East are both loaded

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We here that every year about SE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they are. No other way they could get recruited other than repeating 9th grade in private. Only way to compete against LI public kids is to play down a year or two. These kids all get their asses handed to them when they play on age. Parents then realize, holy crap "my kid is not so good". So at 14 they play against 12 year olds to get noticed... At the moment it's working. However, many of these kids are not competing well, or panning out at the next level. You'll see. [/quote]

I don't buy that argument. My son has played against kids from all over the country and the vast majority are on age. I keep hearing this argument but not seeing it in person at multiple tournaments. And before it is asked, the question is usually answered by the parents in casual conversation, i.e. little Johnny has a birthday coming up and he's going to be XX years old. An I am from LI [/quote]

If "you don't buy the argument " , you probably have a 19 year old high school sophomore. Because everyone who is not cheating , sees it on every team , in every tournament they play in.

If "

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't buy that argument. My son has played against kids from all over the country and the vast majority are on age. I keep hearing this argument but not seeing it in person at multiple tournaments. And before it is asked, the question is usually answered by the parents in casual conversation, i.e. little Johnny has a birthday coming up and he's going to be XX years old. An I am from LI [/quote]

If "you don't buy the argument " , you probably have a 19 year old high school sophomore. Because everyone who is not cheating , sees it on every team , in every tournament they play in.

If " [/quote]

So I don't agree with you so I have a 19 year old sophomore?? No he's 15, will be 16. So who is everyone? Or is it one disgruntled moron who keeps posting this nonsense. Sorry if junior is 5'2" and 113 pounds, but don't make your problem everyone else's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't buy that argument. My son has played against kids from all over the country

and the vast majority are on age. I keep hearing this argument but not seeing it in person at multiple tournaments. And before it is asked, the question is usually answered by the parents in casual conversation, i.e. little Johnny has a birthday coming up and he's going to be XX years old. An I am from LI

If " [/quote]

So I don't agree with you so I have a 19 year old sophomore?? No he's 15, will be 16. So who is everyone? Or is it one disgruntled moron who keeps posting this nonsense. Sorry if junior is 5'2" and 113 pounds, but don't make your problem everyone else's. [/quote]

Hmmmm. My junior is 15 turning 16??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't buy that argument. My son has played against kids from all over the country

and the vast majority are on age. I keep hearing this argument but not seeing it in person at multiple tournaments. And before it is asked, the question is usually answered by the parents in casual conversation, i.e. little Johnny has a birthday coming up and he's going to be XX years old. An I am from LI

If "

So I don't agree with you so I have a 19 year old sophomore?? No he's 15, will be 16. So who is everyone? Or is it one disgruntled moron who keeps posting this nonsense. Sorry if junior is 5'2" and 113 pounds, but don't make your problem everyone else's. [/quote]

Hmmmm. My junior is 15 turning 16?? [/quote]

yes a late sept ,oct or nov 2000 birthday . my 2020 is 13 wont turn 14 till end of nov

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm. My junior is 15 turning 16?? [/quote]

My senior is 16 turning 17. So right now my senior is the same age as your sophomore - do you see the problem?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We shall see...we play better when challenged... keep it up...

Sorry, ringers or not, WI doesnt get anywhere near the Suffolk championship. Ward Melville and Smithtown East are both loaded

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just so glad that our 17 yr old senior has been committed since 14 and we have not had to deal with this nonsense

simple advice: if the opportunity presents itself; take it and make changes later if indicated.

Him not having to play with undue pressure to get a commitment which is so prevalent with the kids these days was a blessing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My senior is 16 turning 17. So right now my senior is the same age as your sophomore - do you see the problem? [/quote]

Most on-age seniors will start the year at 17 and end at 18.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My senior is 16 turning 17. So right now my senior is the same age as your sophomore - do you see the problem? [/quote]

Your kidding right? Every boy in his class is the same age. You need to get a grip. I was 18 when I graduated HS, same age as my son will be, Spring birthday. Sorry jerk, neither I nor my son was a hold back. Now I see the problem, your Senior is a wisp of a lad whose birthday is in the fall, therefore he is a tad on the young side, you and the husband had the option of going either way, you put him up, your fault not mine or anyone else's. You prince is YOUNG for his grade, see the problem?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This age discussion regarding high school teams seems out of place considering that high school teams cover four, if not five, years of boys. The debate is applicable for travel teams, where there is at least a tacit attempt to have like-aged boys play against each other. But, high school? Welcome to the real world!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just so glad that our 17 yr old senior has been committed since 14 and we have not had to deal with this nonsense

simple advice: if the opportunity presents itself; take it and make changes later if indicated.

Him not having to play with undue pressure to get a commitment which is so prevalent with the kids these days was a blessing

Glad that ur son had a chance to kick back and cruise with no pressure for the past 3 years. Is his college coach OK with that? Do you expect that he will see the field in college?

If anything there really is more pressure once a kid commits to a top program. College coaches expect their recruits to continue to develop for 3 more years of high school / summer play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
her son will be one of those mysterious transfers ....the blessing line is a dead give away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad that ur son had a chance to kick back and cruise with no pressure for the past 3 years. Is his college coach OK with that? Do you expect that he will see the field in college?

If anything there really is more pressure once a kid commits to a top program. College coaches expect their recruits to continue to develop for 3 more years of high school / summer play.

My son committed in Sophomore year, and I agree with poster above regarding the pressure of the process. It is tough on the kid and the family. Total roller coaster ride. Some of these Coaches are not "decent" guys. They put these kids through the ringer. Some really showed their true colors and we're thankful our son is not playing for some of them. However, as with everything in life your son has new pressures to deal with. Keeping the grades up, keeping the skills up, continuing to play at a high level against the best competition. Many kids also feel like they have to "live up to" their D1 commit status in every game they play. They also must continue to stay out of trouble and away from issues that plague all young people. Oh and then your new College Coaches continue to watch you play. So you still need to perform. It's not easy for these kids. Much to manage and stay on top of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what you seem to miss is that alot of kids do a PG year at a Prep school, if they go to D1 lax school they most likely will use the Prep school they attended as the HS rather then the public school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son committed in Sophomore year, and I agree with poster above regarding the pressure of the process. It is tough on the kid and the family. Total roller coaster ride. Some of these Coaches are not "decent" guys. They put these kids through the ringer. Some really showed their true colors and we're thankful our son is not playing for some of them. However, as with everything in life your son has new pressures to deal with. Keeping the grades up, keeping the skills up, continuing to play at a high level against the best competition. Many kids also feel like they have to "live up to" their D1 commit status in every game they play. They also must continue to stay out of trouble and away from issues that plague all young people. Oh and then your new College Coaches continue to watch you play. So you still need to perform. It's not easy for these kids. Much to manage and stay on top of.

my son had the option to commit pre freshman year and opted not to, didn't have a clue on what or where ?? Still doesn't. And yes, he will graduate at the at of 17.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did not mean to imply that he "kicked back"...on the contrary; he worked even harder to prove that he deserved that spot. He had an academic incentive to achieve as well by the coach. there was no kicking back. He played fall, winter spring and summer ball since he committed. He def subscribes to the "the only easy day was yesterday" mentality and loves the challenge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the seeding meetings take place ? Anyone for the Suffolk divisions ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the seeding meetings take place ? Anyone for the Suffolk divisions ?

WM=1
SE=2

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 264 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard