BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 261 of 327 1 2 259 260 261 262 263 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pick the best school you could imagine your kid going to for lacrosse and my kid will probably go to that same school or better without having to play lacrosse.
So where is your edge?

Really there is none. Your kid will probably gets big time academic money and the weaker academic lacrosse kid might get some athletic money. Give me the money for brains anyday over athletics. Having said that the true winners are the ones that have both but those kids are rare

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pick the best school you could imagine your kid going to for lacrosse and my kid will probably go to that same school or better without having to play lacrosse.
So where is your edge?

Okay I'll bite ... Harvard, Princeton and Stanford.
I promise you your kid isn't "probably" going to any of those schools because for a kid without a hook, it isn't probable for even the best students. So I don't get your point. The edge is that my kid is going to get to attend this type of institution for her college education, and yours likely isn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where is your edge?

I promise you your kid isn't "probably" going to any of those schools because for a kid without a hook, it isn't probable for even the best students. So I don't get your point. The edge is that my kid is going to get to attend this type of institution for her college education, and yours likely isn't.

And here we go again. Everyone on here seems to be going to an Ivy or Stanford. Stop the madness. Judging by the meatheads rooting on their daughters on our team I'm having a tough time thinking there are a bunch of 100 GPA kids on the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where is your edge?

And here we go again. Everyone on here seems to be going to an Ivy or Stanford. Stop the madness. Judging by the meatheads rooting on their daughters on our team I'm having a tough time thinking there are a bunch of 100 GPA kids on the team

You don't need 100 GPA to get into those schools if you r a good lax player. try 92 maybe. and 1300 SATs ... still very good students, but not ridiculous. But you also need to be a pretty good lax player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets hear it for the dreamers.

25 Top lax programs x 8 Recruits a class = 200 players

200 players, not in your HS, not in your county, not in your state, but in the whole damn country.

congrats and good luck to anyone that has a top 200 player in the US.

For the rest of us, our girls will be fine

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where is your edge?

There r 111 D1 girls programs. At least 25% of them, if not more, are extremely difficult academic institutions to get into without something like lax. It goes way beyond Ivies and Stanford. I won't make a complete list but how about Georegetown, Davidson, Colgate, William & Mary, Richmond, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Boston College, Hopkins, Navy, Vanderbilt, Army, Michigan, Bucknell, Virginia ... plus more. All great schools, and all hard to get into. If lax can help a kid get to one of these type of places, I think it's a huge win for the kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets hear it for the dreamers.

25 Top lax programs x 8 Recruits a class = 200 players

200 players, not in your HS, not in your county, not in your state, but in the whole damn country.

congrats and good luck to anyone that has a top 200 player in the US.

For the rest of us, our girls will be fine

But the top 25 D1 academic schools aren't all top 25 lax programs. There are lots of great academic institutions w lax programs below #25. And yes the girls will all be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that is true , why you on a lax site telling us about how smart your kid is? Go find a science or chess club site!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that is true , why you on a lax site telling us about how smart your kid is? Go find a science or chess club site!

If what is true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where is your edge?

There r 111 D1 girls programs. At least 25% of them, if not more, are extremely difficult academic institutions to get into without something like lax. It goes way beyond Ivies and Stanford. I won't make a complete list but how about Georegetown, Davidson, Colgate, William & Mary, Richmond, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Boston College, Hopkins, Navy, Vanderbilt, Army, Michigan, Bucknell, Virginia ... plus more. All great schools, and all hard to get into. If lax can help a kid get to one of these type of places, I think it's a huge win for the kid.

My daughter is an awesome lacrosse player and after 4 years of getting 85's in an average HS, I want to send my daughter to a school where everyone else has a 100+ average and then I want her to play lacrosse for five hours a day between practice, meetings and gym training. Then I also want her to forego the major of her dreams and take her coaches choice major of basket weaving. All this sounds like a good recipe for success.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where is your edge?

My daughter is an awesome lacrosse player and after 4 years of getting 85's in an average HS, I want to send my daughter to a school where everyone else has a 100+ average and then I want her to play lacrosse for five hours a day between practice, meetings and gym training. Then I also want her to forego the major of her dreams and take her coaches choice major of basket weaving. All this sounds like a good recipe for success.

What are you? a life coach...maybe thats what some kids want to do...seems like the work is scaring you a little bit, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where is your edge?

What are you? a life coach...maybe thats what some kids want to do...seems like the work is scaring you a little bit, no?
That green with envy thing...jealousy, jealousy, jealousy. It destroys one's soul.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where is your edge?

maybe dad just wants her to play D1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where is your edge?

Ha. Your sarcasm is off the mark because you even contradict yourself. This is the problem with all of u who knock these talented kids. First it's a girl w 85s in average high school, but then she has "the major of her dreams" not basket weaving. Which is it? Is she a great student or not? And guess what, maybe that hypothetical daughter will surprise you, and actually rise to the occasion. It is, after all, much harder to get into these schools than to actual stay there. She will learn from her academic support staff and her peers how to become a better student, stretch herself, and graduate a much more accomplished and well-rounded person than she was when she got there. So yeah, maybe lax helped her get somewhere her academics alone couldn't, but I'll bet on your kid, even if you won't!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would tend to believe that the poster was compiling a fictional player/ athlete for illustrative purposes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would tend to believe that the poster was compiling a fictional player/ athlete for illustrative purposes.

I would tend to believe that's why the post says "that hypothetical daughter"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where is your edge?

Ha. Your sarcasm is off the mark because you even contradict yourself. This is the problem with all of u who knock these talented kids. First it's a girl w 85s in average high school, but then she has "the major of her dreams" not basket weaving. Which is it? Is she a great student or not? And guess what, maybe that hypothetical daughter will surprise you, and actually rise to the occasion. It is, after all, much harder to get into these schools than to actual stay there. She will learn from her academic support staff and her peers how to become a better student, stretch herself, and graduate a much more accomplished and well-rounded person than she was when she got there. So yeah, maybe lax helped her get somewhere her academics alone couldn't, but I'll bet on your kid, even if you won't!

B HS students don't become engineers? lawyers, work in medicine? There are a lot of law schools that aren't Georgetown or Northwestern. So the B student can still get an A degree as opposed to basket weaving degree playing at a school over their academic head. Good luck to all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys ever get tired of the constant circle jerk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the one where YJ dads stand around CR?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that different from the one with you guys and BS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It used to discussions based around SS. Nowadays it looks like everyone has accepted that fact that it really is not about her anymore, it is BS who owns and runs the club. I think he just needed her and her name to get it launched. Consider that plan a success, club seems to have a headstrong following at this point. I remember the first two to three years of the club's existence, they came on strong and had a couple age groups that were instantly competitive nationally. Club is still pretty good now but certainly has fallen off competitively. But it is great for LI lax to have choices and choices at all levels including all the other clubs that popped up inspired by TG success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not really. they look the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who else thought YJ tryouts were a waste of time, if you want to call it a tryout. They basically told girls on A team to go over there and relax. This is because girls are wearing their own pinny, so everyone knows who is who, and new girls get a different color. Meanwhile girls new to the program barely got a chance to show the could play. Scrimmage was about 15 min, girls got in maybe 5 minutes total, on a [lacrosse] field. Head coaches drinking their coffee on the side barely watching the girls. Ended 20 min early, so a little over an hour to evaluate 60+ girls. To truly evaluate the girls, they should break up into 4 random teams and full field scrimmage for an hour, rotating the teams. Just don't get it? Is this how the tryout is normally run?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to watch anymore if they can't throw and catch in a shuttle line!! You only need 30 minutes to watch the new ones. Be glad she gave you an hour!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to watch anymore if they can't throw and catch in a shuttle line!! You only need 30 minutes to watch the new ones. Be glad she gave you an hour!!

When will people embrace that it's a money grab? 98% of the weasel deals and decisions are made before tryouts. The poaching, stealing, brokering is all done before the girls show up. I just hope your daughter got her ball back!

CR never goes to work the Monday after tryouts, she's home counting your cash

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. This sounds a little wacky, tryouts should not be conducted with girls bringing their "pinny" sounds more like remember me.. Instead of having a fair tryout too the girls both old and new. But I guess it wouldn't be any other way. Parents did the 2020's participate in tryouts today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. This sounds a little wacky, tryouts should not be conducted with girls bringing their "pinny" sounds more like remember me.. Instead of having a fair tryout too the girls both old and new. But I guess it wouldn't be any other way. Parents did the 2020's participate in tryouts today?
i

Fair or not, that's the way it's been done for a long time..it's hard to crack into an A team at a tryout.. Known kids from other programs can do it I guess, but for the other 99% you should expect to play a season on the B team before you'll have a real shot at the A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently there are a lot of very unhappy TG players because there were many girls with TG apparel

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently there are a lot of very unhappy TG players because there were many girls with TG apparel

they will probably be more unhappy with the shenanigans of the tryout and realize the grass isn't greener

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friends family and big payers stay on the A team. Unless their was a pre tryout weasel deal, newbies go to B or C teams regardless of whether they deserve to or not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friends family and big payers stay on the A team. Unless their was a pre tryout weasel deal, newbies go to B or C teams regardless of whether they deserve to or not

Does it really matter what team your on? YJ will be stuck at that BS tourney (money grab) at Mitchell field while all the competitive teams are across the turnpike at the Hofstra tournament. If I was a Div 1 coach, where would I go to watch?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it really matter what team your on? YJ will be stuck at that BS tourney (money grab) at Mitchell field while all the competitive teams are across the turnpike at the Hofstra tournament. If I was a Div 1 coach, where would I go to watch?
which BS money grab? she runs a handful of them! Talk about double dipping and a conflict of interest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well you aren't a D1 coach are you? you are probably just an insecure mommy who is clueless and annoys everyone around them at games spewing out cliché's about coaches, refs. etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland, certainly won't see anything worth driving for outside of Mitchell Field. "Competitive" that's a good one !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Save your money F&F they are all money grabs with promises they can't fully commit too. Typical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That tells me your TG team must be really bad and have essentially no talent. If what you say is true how does YJ have the best teams on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I take exception to that, we got pushed off to the last group where my daughter lit up the overmatched girls continuously and no matter what she did, she didn't even get noticed at all.
It was pretty rough too say the least, she was jumping through hoops to get to the white jersey and get noticed and not a sniff.
She plays all winter with the top girls and doesn't claim to be as good, but she should have been taken seriously.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sorry this is in regard to the anonymous poster who stated that if your daughter couldn't catch in a shuttle line their was no reason to take her seriously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Boderoniol
I take exception to that, we got pushed off to the last group where my daughter lit up the overmatched girls continuously and no matter what she did, she didn't even get noticed at all.
It was pretty rough too say the least, she was jumping through hoops to get to the white jersey and get noticed and not a sniff.
She plays all winter with the top girls and doesn't claim to be as good, but she should have been taken seriously.

What age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Boderoniol

How do you know how "seriously" they took her until you find out what team she made.

Like Reply Quote
Page 261 of 327 1 2 259 260 261 262 263 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard