BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 51 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are there any teams looking for players in the Western Suffolk area.

Try Outlaws

Received and E-mail from BOC earlier this afternoon that they still had spots open . . .!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Visor dad has spoken!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Visor/belly dad coaching from the sideline...complaining about the man up, the offense, the clears because he knew best when he was PAL coach... get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Belly Dad too? how come he gets all the cool nicknames?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get this straight....... You have already gotten a 14 year old kid that has done nothing wrong kicked off a team he loved to play for yet the comments keep coming. You should be very proud of yourselves.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me get this straight....... You have already gotten a 14 year old kid that has done nothing wrong kicked off his team yet the comments keep coming. You should be very proud of yourselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Visor dad has spoken!

What town is visor dad from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a lacrosse parent and I have yet to see a team that doesn't have multiple parents complaining; that's youth sports. What's much more annoying is people like you, who would not be adult enough to voice your concern publicly, but would hide behind the anonymity of this website to attack. You're the guy who is all smiles on the sideline, likely kissing the coaches butts, but tearing everyone apart behind the scenes. Give me a complainer over a spineless coward like you any day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there an actual person "Visor Dad"? thought this was a general term for a type of parent? Does this person know they are called Visor dad? you guys are all nuts, and i hope to have a drink with you in 10 years and listen to you compare your sons jobs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
I live in the first world. Early recruiting is a problem.

A problem for whom? Don't think it's a problem for the kids getting recruited, I don't hear any of them complaining.

The schools? I think those huge institutions, with tens of thousands of students and multi-billion dollar endowments will be ok if they take bets on a handful of kids each year.

So who then?

If you don't think it is a problem for the kids that are getting recruited, then you have spoken to the wrong parents (whose kids have been forced into this situation). The kids are too young to make this important decision, they have no idea what they are really committing to, and it puts them under an extreme amount of pressure every time they step onto the field. The kids are the only ones being hurt and there is NO reason that this needs to be happening.

Travel sports have become a pressure cooker for kids. Its a shame but thats the nature of the beast. I think your forgetting one vital component. Parents are 100% involved in the process. Do you think a parent is not looking out for their childs best interest. I am sure that a parent is doing everything in their power to make sure their child has the best opportunity in life. You are making it sound as if its Lord of the Flies and kids are on their own. Thats not the case and the parents of early commits to top academic programs have done their homework.

The parents feel pressure too, and it doesn't have to be this way. The parents do like it one bit. There is no reason this needs to be happening in 9th grade (or even before) no reason.
Victims of their own success? Let's be honest, kids and parents know that if they are playing on top teams, going to top recruiting tournaments, and training and working as hard as they can to be a top player, then recruiting attention will come. How many families would say "I want my kid to play at the top of the age group, but we are going with a second level team and tournaments to avoid the recruiting fiasco."?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought visor/belly dad was the omnipresent figure on all teams... did not realize it was a specific guy either... if he in fact is he's garnered a lot of air time over the pages and years of botc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is visor and belly dad also croc dad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone give me advice on 2020 team 91?
Coaching
Team chemistry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone give me advice on 2020 team 91?
Coaching
Team chemistry

So you're thinking of having your son go play there next? They are always looking for new kids, I'm sure they'll make room for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to fall tournaments, but already sick of prospect days. I just want to yell out "pass the f@#%ing ball"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looking forward to fall tournaments, but already sick of prospect days. I just want to yell out "pass the f@#%ing ball"

Prospect days are nothing more than a way for college programs to supplement the income of under paid assistant coaches. Its a known fact. General invites are sent from tournament roster lists to fill most prospect days with numbers to pad the income. If your kid is truly being looked at and under consideration from a specific school/coach, you will be contacted directly thru a club or HS school coach contact. If not, save your money and don't put your hopes and dreams into prospect days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You couldn't be more wrong re: Prospect Days. It is true that they are a way to pay the asst coaches. However, many kids get discovered at prospect days that are not on a schools radar. I know 2 kids that got recruited because of a performance at prospect day's and these kids were not on the schools radar prior to the prospect day. A good performance at a prospect day is worth it's weight in gold.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You couldn't be more wrong re: Prospect Days. It is true that they are a way to pay the asst coaches. However, many kids get discovered at prospect days that are not on a schools radar. I know 2 kids that got recruited because of a performance at prospect day's and these kids were not on the schools radar prior to the prospect day. A good performance at a prospect day is worth it's weight in gold.

You're wrong. OK, you the know the 2 out of 350 who were recruited from a prospect day. Congrats. Save your money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It works the other way too. My son did not like one of the coaches and the feel at a prospect day and took that school off his list. The days do give the coach a full day to see get a better feel for the player as well. Are they picking their teams solely from the prospect day, of course not, but you play well and its great specific exposure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are the top kid at your position they will call you back it is a no brainer these PROSPECT DAYS .... That being said go to the ones that your son is interested and narrow your school search down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You couldn't be more wrong re: Prospect Days. It is true that they are a way to pay the asst coaches. However, many kids get discovered at prospect days that are not on a schools radar. I know 2 kids that got recruited because of a performance at prospect day's and these kids were not on the schools radar prior to the prospect day. A good performance at a prospect day is worth it's weight in gold.

You're wrong. OK, you the know the 2 out of 350 who were recruited from a prospect day. Congrats. Save your money

350 at a prospect day ? How many have u been to ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prospect days are all of the above
A money grab
a great way for you to see the coaches and how they intermingle
A great way to get in front of the coach and HOPEFULLY catch his attention. if you are not on their radar

And many coaches want you on the campus, I would venture a guess that at many schools 10 to maybe 25% went to some sort of prospect day on that campus. That wasnt where they were first recognized but they participated in some sort of event

But for those sayig they are a money grab, I see them as being just as good as a good clinic and to me well worth the money. one mans opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prospect days are all of the above
A money grab
a great way for you to see the coaches and how they intermingle
A great way to get in front of the coach and HOPEFULLY catch his attention. if you are not on their radar

And many coaches want you on the campus, I would venture a guess that at many schools 10 to maybe 25% went to some sort of prospect day on that campus. That wasnt where they were first recognized but they participated in some sort of event

But for those sayig they are a money grab, I see them as being just as good as a good clinic and to me well worth the money. one mans opinion

I agree. But it still would be nice if kids knew that being a ball hog and forcing a play does not help them catch anyone's attention in a good way. Showcasing your skills should not equal bad lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED playing in next tournament? Would love to see what all the chatter is about.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: no player id
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a lot of kids who play D1 lacrosse, not one of them made a team because of a prospect day. The majority of them made it because of an Alumni recommendation to the coach. I am sure their are prospect day kids on the team, but there are other factors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a lot of kids who play D1 lacrosse, not one of them made a team because of a prospect day. The majority of them made it because of an Alumni recommendation to the coach. I am sure their are prospect day kids on the team, but there are other factors.

Bravo for your dopey post. Best way to get on a D1 team is to know an alumni?

My kid is a C team player but I went to Notre Dame so I guess he should be all set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is everyone's kid looking to go to D1 on this site. All you hear is D1, D1, D1. Holy crap. How about sharing info that may help parents and players to educate themselves on certain topics or good D2 or D3 schools. You don't have to be ashamed to mention the others. Who cares as long as že kid plays lax in a good school that has academics that they are looking for, them that's all that should matter. They are not going anywhere after college with the sport anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is everyone's kid looking to go to D1 on this site. All you hear is D1, D1, D1. Holy crap. How about sharing info that may help parents and players to educate themselves on certain topics or good D2 or D3 schools. You don't have to be ashamed to mention the others. Who cares as long as že kid plays lax in a good school that has academics that they are looking for, them that's all that should matter. They are not going anywhere after college with the sport anyway.

I'm not ashamed at all. My son is looking at D3 schools. His main focus is NOT lax when it comes to college. It's getting a degree worth something, so he has decided a D3 program will give him more time for what he is really going to college for. His love for lacrosse isn't going to pay the bills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will tell you why, egos...
I want my kids to pick at college that will fit them as a student and person, if they can play a sport, great, if not, well then they play intramurals or club. College years are the best years of your life and feeling like a sport is a "job" might be great for some, but I have to say, unless the kid is totally into it, they will hate it. And, there is no way any 9th grader out there really knows what playing a sport in college means. I feel really bad for the kids (parents) that are swept up in the "my only goal is to play D 1 lacrosse", I hope if works out, but I will bet more kids will have terrible experiences than not. sad really

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As parents, we have a responsibility to help guide (not run) their future. If D1, or otherwise, it's important to pick a school that is a good fit academically, size, culture, etc. Playing lacrosse is not obligatory. Having said that, I would like my son to play because it makes good students better students. For many of these kids it will be the first time away from home for an extended period of time. This new found freedom, left unchecked, could lead to bad behavior (even if your son is generally a good kid). By playing a sport he gains a network of friends and has an obligation to the team which will deter (not necessarily prevent) him from doing something dumb. He can still have fun but will not be able to party as much as a kid that doesn't play a sport. Lastly, it is a job, albeit a fun one, so he will have to manage his time accordingly to ensure he maintains his grades which is the real reason he is going to school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will tell you why, egos...
I want my kids to pick at college that will fit them as a student and person, if they can play a sport, great, if not, well then they play intramurals or club. College years are the best years of your life and feeling like a sport is a "job" might be great for some, but I have to say, unless the kid is totally into it, they will hate it. And, there is no way any 9th grader out there really knows what playing a sport in college means. I feel really bad for the kids (parents) that are swept up in the "my only goal is to play D 1 lacrosse", I hope if works out, but I will bet more kids will have terrible experiences than not. sad really

Most HS upper classmen won't have a clue about what it means to play an NCAA sport, particulalry at the D1 level. Even if they've been told about what it involves, until they've lived it coupled with all of the other experiences that come with newly being in college, most really have zero clue. Just the intensity and competitiveness alone will be a shock to them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey domer --- the next time you can talk is when your football team is over .500 ... unitl you can beat NC State zip it! thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey domer --- the next time you can talk is when your football team is over .500 ... unitl you can beat NC State zip it! thanks.

What is this supposed to mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come this so called 'great' 91 player hasn't commit yet? Don't try and target kids.

That statement speaks for itself

Last edited by America's Game; .
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I ask that people don't mention kids please. I will delete posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If ranking teams on LI bull nation is now up there considering they beat igloo today who beat taz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If ranking teams on LI bull nation is now up there considering they beat igloo today who beat taz

3,500 to play on a team that can't beat a town team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like to see Bull Nation play Taz.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You couldn't be more wrong re: Prospect Days. It is true that they are a way to pay the asst coaches. However, many kids get discovered at prospect days that are not on a schools radar. I know 2 kids that got recruited because of a performance at prospect day's and these kids were not on the schools radar prior to the prospect day. A good performance at a prospect day is worth it's weight in gold.

Agree. It is a great way for the coaches to see kids they are interested in. Coaches often see a kid play at a tournament and invite the kid to a prospect day to see them in a different environment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have taken my boys to several prospect days. Some are better than others. It's well worth doing if your kid is interested in that particular school. Otherwise - probably not. One thing is certain - each coach will make fun of Little baby Ty Ty Xanders and recruiting rundown. Bet on it...

Page 6 of 51 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard